Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2019 11:01 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Soushi was put onto a fake island leading fake life for years. Took Kazuki long enough to find him. Ngl I kinda felt sorry for the Festum trying to live on the island peacefully.

I am so used to Kazuki piloting Mark Sein, it's weird seeing him pilot some new model. I hope they explain why he switched Fafners in one of the future episodes.

The last scene felt weird. Think it could have been directed better, idk.
Nov 16, 2019 4:53 PM
Jan 2016
Yeah. So, finally Festums learned emotion (just like Misao Kurusu). I felt sorry for "Tsubaki" (or she is actually Floro in the 1st episode?) when she begged Kazuki not to bring away Soushi from the island.

I think it's partly because he is nearly in assimilation state, which, if he continues to pilot Mark Sein, he'll end up like the first Soushi in Exodus. The other reason is Miwa able to pilot and control Mark Sein.

I don't know if Mark Sein is also upgraded to Einherjar model to minimalize assimilation phenomenon, but as far as I know, together with Mark Nicht, it's still classified as Salvator model.
May 31, 2022 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
Soushi.
Tsubaki.
Another Tsubaki?
A dream.
Maris and... Tsubaki?
Michio? Yukiko?
Michio is Soushi's dad?
Yukiko is his mom?
Dat voice in the radio.
Kazuki was there.
Soushi meets Kazuki.
Soushi learns the truth.
Festum.
Kazuki kills Tsubaki (Floro).
Soushi will kill Kazuki.
Dat ending.

Another good song by angela. I'm feeling this more than the OP song. Still doesn't compare to Exodus songs tho. Kazuki can use the force now without the Fafner, huh?

Interesting to point out that the Tsubaki lookalike and the white hair Tsubaki in Soushi's dream are not voiced by Tamaki Nakanishi (Tsubaki/Orihime/Floro). They're voiced by Satsumi and Risae Matsuda (respectively), who are real life twin sisters.
RobJun 3, 2022 1:57 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - The Beyond Episode 3 Discussion

Tsarko - Dec 9, 2019

3 by Rob »»
Jun 1, 2022 12:01 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - The Beyond Episode 1 Discussion

Tsarko - Oct 27, 2019

6 by Rob »»
May 31, 2022 1:49 AM

» 2nd PV

JizzyHitler - Dec 25, 2017

19 by Sorina22 »»
Nov 8, 2019 9:50 PM

» First PV

Rob - Jan 6, 2017

22 by Sorina22 »»
Nov 8, 2019 9:36 PM

» New Key Visual and screening date for episodes 4, 5 and 6 announced

Tsarko - Jul 13, 2019

0 by Tsarko »»
Jul 13, 2019 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.