Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Nov 11, 2019 10:09 AM

Ventus_S said:
Kono Oto Tomare! is SO GOOD at building up emotion, that Violet Evergarden pales in comparison.

This episode completely changes my mind of this whole character, and not only do I understand her, I also sympathize her. It feels so real and down to earth, that you can really understand her motive and struggling.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So we get to see Akira's back story, from a joyful little girl she becomes this crazy bitch, jaz because she won by a default, she should've been happy and yet she's still bitching around.

I do hope that Akria gets to know her place.

Lmao, 2 years of effort -> won because a prodigy toss away her own victory -> every audiences laugh at her because she only won cuz the first place let her win.

Yet you think she's just bitching around?
How could anyone have been happy? Are you this pitiful?

MetaKite said:
Akira had a chance to do the right thing and let go of her petty jealousy but nope. Had to go down the bitchy road and quit as their teacher. Wonder i Takinami can talk some sense into her about being so jelly over a 15 year old.

What I don't get with the Dojima family is why was Keiishi just allowed to walk away and everybody was fine with his decision to quit school and playing the koto when he's supposedly more talented? Sounds like some double standard BS going on and the pressure cracked Akira's brain.

I'd be surprised if some pretty words can save her so easily after years of struggling and suffering
If this is the case, I call it bad writing.

Akira would probably change after listen to their music: 天泣 though.
It'd be a climax of the story I bet.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Pitiful?????? I don't know about you but a victory is a victory, if there is anybody who is pitiful that would have been the girl who threw her chances of getting another win................How would I would I feel? If I'm Japanese maybe, but since I'm not I can always wave that plaque in their faces and tell them "Well, I got the plaque and you don't so "SHUT UP!?" Besides man it ain't always that one wins due to a default.
Modified by JiangHaoyi1979, Nov 11, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 12, 2019 9:54 AM
MetaKite said:
Akira had a chance to do the right thing and let go of her petty jealousy but nope. Had to go down the bitchy road and quit as their teacher. Wonder i Takinami can talk some sense into her about being so jelly over a 15 year old.

What I don't get with the Dojima family is why was Keiishi just allowed to walk away and everybody was fine with his decision to quit school and playing the koto when he's supposedly more talented? Sounds like some double standard BS going on and the pressure cracked Akira's brain.

I think it's because someone had to work in order to sustain both Akira's and keishi's life since obviously just being able to play koto won't put food on the table
And akira being older than akira and her big brother means that it is his responsibility to work,and not the 15 years old high schooler

Nov 14, 2019 2:32 AM
MetaKite said:

Keiishi had to work inorder to feed his sister and grandma what do u suppose he had done, his grandma says to Akira that even if he had tried to find a living playing koto it will be long time before he gets decent income hence he had to quit koto and all the burden of koto fell on to the shoulders of akira

Nov 14, 2019 8:01 AM

Literally an episode on Akira Dojima, the daughter of the accursed family. And believe me, WHAT AN EPISODE.

When growing up, the once aspiring sister wants to be like the brother who is good at the Koto, to be placed first place in true grit and determination.

To see Truck-kun claiming the líves of the parents, the tragedy is NOT over, as the once playful and resilient brother gave up to support the family, and all that weight on his shoulders is passed onto her.

Being forced to play the Koto to upkeep the standard of schools is the norm, but being rivals does more harm than good. YES, Akira's performance was jawdropping and splendid, but Hozuki's entrance SHUDDERS HER EVERY PLAY even though she played another song. Out from the darkness she comes, and back into the darkness where she came from.

That's how last episode, even though Hozuki knew how bad it is for Akira to shoulder all those burdens of the excommunicated school, all it took was a single note to show her the light. But deep down, she still bears a grudge for being second fiddle against Hozuki, and not being able to uphold her brother's standard. Both wanted what the other had, but as long as all that exists, the darkness will only surround her more.

Sincerely, please give this frail girl ONE MORE CHANCE to show her the light. A confrontational episode if I may add.

Nov 19, 2019 1:06 PM

This episode was very boring to be honest. I don't feel anything for the new character. This second season is bad compared to the first one.

Nov 28, 2019 12:00 PM

Another favorite episode of mine from this series.
Akira <3

KANLen09 said:

Sincerely, please give this frail girl ONE MORE CHANCE to show her the light. A confrontational episode if I may add.
Yes please poor girl she deserves much more love.

Dec 11, 2019 10:11 AM

God, that was such an emotional episode. I couldn't stop crying. I really like Akira's character, jesus. PLEASE JUST BE HAPPY? I hate seeing you suffering T_T

Dec 27, 2019 8:06 AM

Poor Akira, but please girl, get a grip.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

🙋🏼‍♂️: Hey Levi

Feb 4, 2020 10:55 PM

I find Akira's situation quite justifiable except for the reason why his brother quit playing the koto. They could find a better reason but quit lol.

Anyway 4/5
The world has really became a terrible place to live in, there's nothing better than the anime world to forget about everything

Feb 7, 2020 1:55 AM

Looks like the darkness keeps a hold on Akira even after Satowa tried to get a mutual understanding
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
o̶̱͂r̶͎̎e̴͉͝ ̴̹͌w̸̝͐a̷͔̚ ̷̱̓c̷̖͌h̴͍͒i̴̖̅n̴͜͝ ̵̦̇c̴͕̈́h̴͍̍ī̸̖ņ̵́ ̵͍̓g̶͍̔a̵̧̾ ̵͖̍d̴̥͛a̴̰͑i̴̻͂s̸̳͘u̶̻͝k̴̻͋i̷̙͗ ̶͚̌n̷̦̋a̴̯̋n̵͔̔d̷̯͋a̵̅ͅý̴̞o̵̱̓

May 18, 2020 12:00 PM

Great background and great explanations for Akira, another really interesting episode

Jan 13, 12:11 PM

Talk about a heavy episode to take in.

Quite amazing portrayal of Doujima's struggle between light and darkness; Light being the desire to understand Houzuki that can in turn help her understand herself. And the darkness that tells her that Houzuki disrespected her with that performance long ago, leaving her the feeling of a undeserved 1st place while still stuggling with the feeling that she could never reach the level of her Brother.

This series has done an amazing job of creating a sense of relation and emotion to each character. 10/10 episode without a doubt

Jan 14, 10:26 PM

Woah I thought her brother died too for her to be so deadfish eyed all the time, turns out he just quit koto and college so he could work to support them then passed the burden and legacy of their koto school to her. Sorry Akira.

...but the exit to darkness is light, maybe more gray area, shadows and shade but definitely more light than darkness itself. Or whatever that was. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]