Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 9, 2019 10:52 AM
A emotional and buildup episode!

Alice is back to integrity knights group in order to defeat that great threat from dark territory!

Bercouli managed attack Alice to test Kirito, and seems Kirito, even in this state, is capable to protect Alice, seems he still can fight!

Tiese and Ronie are back, they wanted to visit Kirito and Eogeo, Alice decided to show them the truth, and it surely was a heartbreaker moments with a lot of feels, and seems Eogeo is stil inside the sword!

Alice and Fanatio discussion because Bercouli was funny, didn't expect that from Alice xD

I didn't expect Kirito to be in battlefield aswell!

I want Asuna!

Looking foward next episode!

Nov 9, 2019 11:02 AM

If they actually brought Kirito out into the battlefield I'm guessing that this is where he wakes up.
(*゚∀゚)ノ

Nov 9, 2019 11:09 AM

Alice, don't kiss comatose boys xD

That was heavy AF....x_x I loved the drama of the ending; the ED song is much better when it's used at moments like this.

Nov 9, 2019 11:10 AM

Still no Asuna uhhm the buildup for her arrival is unbearable !

Nov 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Can't wait for next week's episode. Somebody has to those damn goblins.

Nov 9, 2019 11:27 AM

Ok, so far we see Alice having some kind of affection for Kirito and already, we see her displaying a from of jealousy towards Fanatio, so what will happen if Asuna gets into the picture????

Nov 9, 2019 11:31 AM

deg said:

Fanatio is hot but not as hot as Lipia

Funny you say that because I find their character designs to be too similar.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok, so far we see Alice having some kind of affection for Kirito and already, we see her displaying a from of jealousy towards Fanatio, so what will happen if Asuna gets into the picture????
I'm sure hilarity will ensue since Kirito can't speak for himself.

Nov 9, 2019 11:32 AM
Crashmatt said:
Great episode it always leave me wanting more. Where is Asuna though?

Nov 9, 2019 11:41 AM
Great episode. I can't wait to see Asuna in underworl. Hoepfully she and Alice will fight together pretty well.

Nov 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Kirito's literally already a vegetable and yet there are still women fighting over him lol. A great episode overall, I'm excited to see the next episode knowing it will be action-packed. I also can't wait to see Asuna.

Nov 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Here we fucking go bois, next episode is war.

Nov 9, 2019 11:57 AM

Oh man I'm really looking forward to the next episode!
Rem best girl

Nov 9, 2019 12:20 PM

MetaKite said:
deg said:

It's the bronze skin man. Amps up the hotness.

Love it when LiSa's ED starts playing, it fits so well.

Can a novel reader spoil me how/when Kirito wakes up from his vegetative state?
Modified by Rinji-, Nov 9, 2019 12:40 PM

Nov 9, 2019 12:21 PM
Asuna where are you?! omg Kirito protection squad is full of girls lol

Nov 9, 2019 12:40 PM
Next episode is going to be hella intense. Cant wait to see all the fighting that's going to happen

Nov 9, 2019 12:41 PM

So Kirito can subconsciously use Incarnation still to protect his friends, pretty neat. Hope Asuna gets there soon to snap him out of that trance though

Nov 9, 2019 12:51 PM

Alice leaves for a fight, she almost kissed Kirito wow, fortunately she did not, his heart belongs to Asuna.

Nov 9, 2019 12:57 PM

Rinji- said:
MetaKite said:

It's the bronze skin man. Amps up the hotness.

Love it when LiSa's ED starts playing, it fits so well.

Can a novel reader spoil me how/when Kirito wakes up from his vegetative state?

Modified by joshua10red, Nov 9, 2019 1:01 PM

Nov 9, 2019 1:21 PM
なのだ

Slow episode, but now I'm hyped ofr the next one.
Fantio scene made my day.

Nov 9, 2019 1:48 PM

Great episode. I can’t wait till The next week, I’m very hyped!

Nov 9, 2019 2:00 PM
Can somebody please find this god tier wallpaper but without this piece of shit SAMPLE watermark tainting it D:<

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EI8PWjDUYAIQ4H0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Nov 9, 2019 2:16 PM

Kinda pointless episode imo. Just the showing of that even if Kirito is just sitting there more dead than alive he has his Harem.

I just hope the 2 younglings actually do something in the future.

Nov 9, 2019 2:43 PM

Man, all the characters are really jerking off Kirito's praises. Some of it makes sense and all, considering his situation and past behaviour but man, it's getting excessive. Everything from harem bs to sword/battle master shit. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad if Alicization was a standalone and this didn't happen every season.

It's better than the villain episodes, something all manga and anime seem to struggle with, but overall, it was pretty normal, especially for SAO. I can't say it's as amazing as everyone seems to thing. Just normal build up. It just looks and sounds really good cuz A1 SAO effort.

Nov 9, 2019 2:58 PM
MetaKite said:
deg said:

its the chocolate skin, anime makes brown girls more sexy

Nov 9, 2019 4:01 PM

So the battle of the knights is starting. Can't wait to see the carnage that will ensue.

deg said:
MetaKite said:

its the chocolate skin, anime makes brown girls more sexy

I thought they were long lost sisters.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 9, 2019 4:27 PM
SAO III - ALICEFRIENDZONATION

I'm feeling sorry for her since long time ago.

Nov 9, 2019 4:27 PM
Will we get asuna in underworld in the first 12 episodes? Also kirito eta(when will he snap out of it?It gets boring no kirito no eugeo no asuna ... gimme 1 of the 3 atleast)
Also will eugeo ever be back ?like respawn or sth :))

Nov 9, 2019 4:30 PM
Lovely and heart touching episode. It's been a while since i got such feeling from an anime. :)

Nov 9, 2019 4:32 PM
I forgot if Alice already knows from last season that Kirito is from the "God" world.

Anyway, next episode we will see lots of "fuructolaitos" being wasted.

Nov 9, 2019 4:33 PM

Kirito is one popular guy, Fanatio has took a liking in him. Damn, I wanted the "that" and "this" she wanted to do him ;-)

I wonder where is Asuna, I sort of miss her? She did dive into the world, so she must be somewhere.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Nov 9, 2019 4:40 PM
Ashhk said:
Alice leaves for a fight, she almost kissed Kirito wow, fortunately she did not, his heart belongs to Asuna.

Almost kissed a disabled without his permission.

SAO can bring 2019's Rape from where you least expect it!

(j/k lol alert)

Nov 9, 2019 4:48 PM

Quite a dark and foreboding atmosphere. I'm genuinely really liking this season, which is surprising. I enjoyed the first half of last season, but I felt it finished poorly. I hope this isn't the same

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Nov 9, 2019 5:16 PM
I can't help to think that this season is rushed, maybe because i read the novel but it is good enough.

Nov 9, 2019 5:26 PM

Good to see Ronie and Tiese in good health again. I can imagine finding out what happened to Kirito and Eugeo must have been tough.

That bickering between Alice and Fanatio was too funny. Loved how Bercouli backed out of that right before they wanted his say.

So the battle is finally going to start next week! This is gonna get pretty intense!

Nov 9, 2019 5:37 PM

Boring episode, nothing relevant happens in it. It's almost like if Toei was animating it with its terrible low pacing

Nov 9, 2019 5:47 PM
Hmm... don't quote me on this, but in the LN, don't they slowly ease into the oncoming battle with more exposition as to the politics of the Empire after the Potifex's fall, as well as more downtime with the synthesis knights? I'm pretty sure I remember Renri(?), who I think was one of the champions of the yearly tournament, brooding about just being reawoken considering her recent failures. She gets a confidence boost and reluctantly joins the frontlines. Saying more would be legit spoilers, but it seems they are skipping this information? Hard to tell... I also remember another scene with the two trainees "talking" with Kirito. Maybe my memory is just bad; it has been like 4 years since I read it.

Anyway, what an amazing ending to the episode. So much more than I was expecting, and man was I impressed by it. I wasn't too happy with the first cour of Alicization, but this arc has been on-point so far.

We'll see Asuna verrrrrry soon. Wonder how they'll spin her entrance? (trying to be cryptic there)

Nov 9, 2019 5:48 PM

Too much talking.

Nov 9, 2019 5:49 PM
Yeah cool build up episode :D

Nov 9, 2019 5:54 PM
Darken-san said:
Boring episode, nothing relevant happens in it. It's almost like if Toei was animating it with its terrible low pacing

I mean, this episode IS the setup for the rising action that will/should be next episode. Character building, world building, inciting more attachment to the viewer, driving home how important it is that Kirito snaps out of his current state, and slowly rolling out the gloom and doom - the Empire is mostly unaware of what's going on, and those that do already think they have lost.

I will say that the presentation/execution was off, though. The episode's pacing should have been slower, IMO. Show the daily lives of the citizens, the panic in their "government", the rallying of volunteers to join the ranks (many of which have never even fought before), the preparations at the wall, the inner deliberations of the enemy side as they form ranks, etc.

Instead, half of the episode was harem building. Yes, that was also in the LN, but of all the things to take precedence...

Nov 9, 2019 5:55 PM
datsui said:
Yeah cool build up episode :D

Nov 9, 2019 6:05 PM
Basically:

- Now we know who the villain is and what he wants.

- We know what happened until now with all the characters remained from last season.

- We know that Alice totally fell in love for Kirito-kale.

- We know that Asuna-sama will come, okay since the last season. Someday. We hope.

OKAY, now let them kill and be killed!

- reversing the order of this is disastrous for any plot -

Nov 9, 2019 6:10 PM

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY BOY RENRI AND MY GIRL SCHETA FINALLY APPEARED, THAT BLACK LILY SWORD LOOKS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL HOLY

oh they skipped Gabriel's and Vassago talk before the gate breaks, welp

for the ones waiting asuna's appearance, dont put your hopes up, she only appears at the end of volume 16, and we completed volume 15 in this episode, so yeah lol

the incarnate sword scene is dumb as it was in the novel, nice, A-1 keeping the cringe from the novel

Finally we can see the good characters from Alicization do something/5

except alice, alice can just go fuck herself
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 9, 2019 6:20 PM

Andrewapps said:

Show the daily lives of the citizens, the panic in their "government", the rallying of volunteers to join the ranks (many of which have never even fought before), the preparations at the wall, the inner deliberations of the enemy side as they form ranks, etc.

The episode would be way more interesting if it was written that way. Instead, this build up felt more like they were just postponing the start of the war

Nov 9, 2019 7:30 PM

Goddamnit Alice he didn't want the swords this time! /s

The Asuna wait goes on.

For now, let's get to the action next episode.

Superns18 said:
I don't get how the MAL ranking has dropped from 8.2 to 7.88, people rating 1's and 2's and doing reviews. If you hate SAO that much just don't watch it, man. We're 4 seasons in at this point, why bother yourself and hurt the score like that?

Read benjia279's review (Nov 3rd, it was top review until the 12th), it's so full of delusion you can see why people are trying to brigade the score of this show xD
Modified by FullyCharged, Nov 15, 2019 5:28 PM
Don't @ or quote me when I express an opinion in a post.

If you agree with my opinion, you can tell me how awesome I am by sending me a PM or a Friend Request.

If you don't agree with my opinion, remember that opinions are personal and biased.
We can have different ones, so you don't have to force or convince me into yours. And mine is better anyway.

Please follow what I said above, so I can know for sure my notifications are 100% new anime, saved anime starting airing, and morons not reading my signature.
You don't want to be mistaken for one, do you?

Nov 9, 2019 8:16 PM
i wanted Alice to kiss him sooo bad but its ok. next episode is going to be soo intense i can not wait, prolly gonna be split up into 2 episodes but thats ok too!

Nov 9, 2019 8:20 PM

Alice and Fanatio fighting was surprisingly funny.

The ending has me hyped!

Nov 9, 2019 8:27 PM
Strong episode and the ending song is fit perfectly with the tone of before-the-war scene.

Lots of death flag planted, tho. Still, It is the best episode of current season SAO so far.

Notes: Not LN reader here

Nov 9, 2019 8:28 PM

Best episode till now.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, atleast should be sweet........ " - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

Nov 9, 2019 8:30 PM

where is ASUNA?
someone please wake me up then ......

“If I were rain,
That joins sky and earth that otherwise never touch,
Could I join two hearts as well?”
― Tite Kubo

“To forgive or not to forgive.. are those my only choices?”
― Natsuki Takaya

“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

“But even when the moon looks like it's waning.. it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that.”
― Ai Yazawa

“No one can tell what is righteous and what is wrong, what is good and what is evil.”
― Tsugumi Ohba

“In this world, not everything will be won by justice. If you want to win, you have to learn how to cheat.”
― Ai Yazawa

Nov 9, 2019 8:34 PM

Great ending their purpose is felt well :D 5/5

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »