Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that are so bad that they insult your intelligence

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 10, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2019
To find anime like Erased, Guilty Crown, Psycho-Pass bad just because at some point in the scenario it become stupid, I think no one have seen "Dog days" ಠ_ಠ

In this one, the all scenario from the beginning " insult your intelligence", and don't forget every character's name ಠoಠ

Nov 10, 2019 11:37 AM
Oct 2019
YeeYeeAss said:
Ramsey01maa said:
can't agree more imagine watching that and genuinely think it's good

I mean, it is the most best selling manga
and your point exactly ? It's because kids consuming it , kids and stupid adults who grow up with it
Nov 10, 2019 11:40 AM

Jul 2016
The sheer thought of B the Beginning, Tokyo Ghoul root a, and Fairy Tail tend to make me seethe so hard that I almost implode
Nov 10, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2018
Honestly most of the shows that I gave a 1-2 rating, but if I had to choose a particular title, it would be a definitely Code Geass second season. It tried so hard to sound smart while it was so dumb to the point that I felt disgust towards the creator. As if he thought that the audience is so brainrooted to the point that it would eat shit wrapped in a nice paper.
reformed
Nov 10, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2018
Conception and Arifureta. The Light Novel of Arifureta isn't much worse, it's the same edgy 13 year old power fantasy lol. The only real saving grace is that if I remember right the author of Arifureta said he wanted to make a "book for those hidden Chuunis" Or something along those lines. The I'd give the novels of Arifureta a solid 3 and the anime a 1 just because when animation is involved there is more that you can fuck up on (and they somehow did).
Nov 10, 2019 4:43 PM

Aug 2017
Kanata no Astra and Erased insulted my intelligence.

*Kanata no Astra: silly "plot twists", cringe comedy, plot armor and a lot of plot holes. The most overrated anime from 2019.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 10, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2016
For me, it was Rewrite, the first episode had me hooked on it, with all the pretty visuals, decent to okay looking characters, but then the second episode aired, and....it deserves the rating it currently has right now. I regretted watching it when it came out, a lot.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Nov 10, 2019 4:58 PM

Feb 2017
Deku7midoriya said:
Naruto is what comes to my mind .
It' the worst thing I've ever seen, how can people even like that shit.
fillers , talk no jutsu , plot holes everything was horrible in naruto.
I coudn't bring my self to like the manga and the anime

Maybe the anime survived because of the large cast of characters that come around the whole series, but, definitely and ironically, the worst characters are the main cast: Naruto (being a better motivational speaker than a interesting shonen character), also he seemed like he had a crush on Sasuke and he stalked him to be his "girlfriend"), Sasuke (always being an annoying bitch with no true relevance to the plot) and Sakura (being a useless bitch, that was forced to be important to the story without a real progression or evolution as a character)
We are EVERYWHERE...
Nov 10, 2019 5:10 PM

Feb 2017
In my personal and not so humble opinion, here's my list:
-Minami-ke
-Kill la Kill
-One Piece
-Naruto
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
-Binbougami-ga!
-Gamers!
-Baka to Test to Shokanjuu
-Ben-To!
-Konosuba (or any similar modern isekai)
-D-Frag!
-Fairy Tail
-Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to
-Inazuma Eleven & Captain Tsubasa
-Kämpfer
-Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
-Mirai Nikki
-Nichijou
-Nisekoi
-Occultic;Nine (was expecting womething better from this...)
-Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo
-Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
-Working!!
We are EVERYWHERE...
Nov 10, 2019 5:25 PM
Apr 2019
-Kiznaiver
They really thought they could get away with rushed character arcs and confusing plot
-Beyond The Boundary
This show makes legit no sense (even though I liked the characters)
-Darling In The Franxx
As much as I love Zero Two, the other characters were all garbage and I hated them all with a burning passion
-Diabolik Lovers
This show was a dumpster fire and my least favorite anime of all time.

Idk what else. I like trash shows like Eromanga Sensei, Monster Musume, and Keijo. Don't judge me.
Nov 10, 2019 5:27 PM
Apr 2019
AnimaExZero said:
-Minami-ke
-Kill la Kill
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Binbougami-ga!
-Gamers!
-Ben-To!
-D-Frag!
-Fairy Tail
-Kämpfer
-Mirai Nikki
-Nichijou
-Nisekoi
-Working!!

How could you say something so controversial yet so brave? (I'm not saying I agree just that it takes courage to write what you wrote)
Nov 10, 2019 5:31 PM

Mar 2016
Heavy Object was the first show I literally felt insulted when I tried watching it.
Nov 10, 2019 5:48 PM

Feb 2017
Bread_lover_666 said:
AnimaExZero said:
-Minami-ke
-Kill la Kill
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Binbougami-ga!
-Gamers!
-Ben-To!
-D-Frag!
-Fairy Tail
-Kämpfer
-Mirai Nikki
-Nichijou
-Nisekoi
-Working!!

How could you say something so controversial yet so brave? (I'm not saying I agree just that it takes courage to write what you wrote)

Which one do you mean? ._.
At least to know if it could carry me some trouble...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Nov 10, 2019 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty much every light novel adaptation so far. Light novels are hardly my idea of real literature, too elementary. Third graders can read any of that elementary crap in a matter of days, so they require virtually zero skill to read.

Furthermore, every script written for anime as of late is elementary. Everything Japan writes these days is far from highly-developed and complex.
Nov 10, 2019 6:16 PM
Nov 2016
Elfen Lied is the only show I have been truly insulted by. Fuck that show is horrible.

Nov 10, 2019 6:17 PM

Feb 2017
I stopped rating anime because I felt that I am not giving ratings as objective as possible. So whatever I have rated so far in my MAL profile probably would be 1-2 points higher than I feel it now deserves.

For me there are 2 types of "bad". Either "so bad it's good" or "so bad it's crap".

If we are talking about "so bad its good", I would say "Kaguya-sama: Love is war".

For "so bad it's crap", I would say "Testament of the New Sister Devil".
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Nov 10, 2019 9:01 PM

Feb 2019

Most people... SANE people... Are there for Mitsumi and Mitsune. Everything else may be punishment to watch, but they are two sides of the same best girl coin.

Since this thread is about anime and not manga I agree with you here. We need a better adaptation.
Nov 10, 2019 9:05 PM
Jun 2019
GJ-bu
Glasslip
Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu

A long etc...
Nov 10, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2017
Death note. It was so hyped up that I was expecting pure genius, not a myopic MC with irrational vision. I should probably rewatch since I dropped around about a 3rd through.
Nov 10, 2019 9:23 PM

Nov 2008
Kurt_Irving said:
Pretty much every light novel adaptation so far. Light novels are hardly my idea of real literature, too elementary. Third graders can read any of that elementary crap in a matter of days, so they require virtually zero skill to read.

Furthermore, every script written for anime as of late is elementary. Everything Japan writes these days is far from highly-developed and complex.

Yeeeeah....I dunno what translations you're reading but I've had to look up a lot of new vocabulary with everything by Reki Kawahara in the official English releases....so I can't agree with "zero skill to read". A third-grader definitely couldn't read his stuff....for several reasons.

Nov 10, 2019 11:11 PM

Aug 2019
Air
Kanon
One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e
Texhnolyze
Nov 11, 2019 12:53 AM

Apr 2012
I don't feel my intelligence is insulted by things which assume a low intelligence of their viewers, because I know they are just targeting people of lower intelligence than me.
Nov 11, 2019 1:26 AM

Oct 2018
Lol people are just listing anime they simply just hate. Basically this thread just turned into a hate thread.
Nov 11, 2019 1:48 AM

Aug 2015
clannad i demand a compensation pls

Nov 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Apr 2017
mhkr said:
Have you ever read one negative review? Cuz the 2 more helpful reviews on the main MAL page of Kanata no Astra mentioning this problem

Imagine reading reviews /s

Well no. I never read a review and I couldn't care less about the most "helpful"

I'm talking about the majority of the viewers.
The ending was really appreciated. Just go check the last episodes threads.
Nov 20, 2019 8:16 PM
Sep 2019
Isekai cheat magician because of how stupid the character choices were, which is kinda weird since I thought I was going to actually really like it like mages grandson but I literally couldn’t find I single thing I liked about this show outside of the op and the op song
Nov 21, 2019 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
Every mindless fanservice show. Especially when I realize I enjoy them like the horny caveman I am.
Nov 21, 2019 1:31 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Sakamoto-desu ka was definitely one of the dumbest things I have ever watched, however I had one hell of a time watching it and don't regret anything
Nov 21, 2019 2:02 PM

Dec 2018
Some of you have mentioned No game no life but compred to other Isekai shows which are copy of copy of copy of next copy , No game no life is actually masterpieace.
Nov 21, 2019 4:08 PM

Mar 2016
There’s so many that I couldn’t keep track of, but one series in particular REALLY pissed me off, and that was Gundam SEED, both seasons.
Nov 21, 2019 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
-Aincrad- said:
Lol people are just listing anime they simply just hate. Basically this thread just turned into a hate thread.
i mean it was inevitable....kinda obvious
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 21, 2019 6:20 PM

Jan 2019
Not Sure if I commented here or not but Demon Slayer. Everything im mentioning is from the Anime, season 1. (the only season up to date)

Nov 21, 2019 7:33 PM

Nov 2008

Air is not meant to be a logical series.

Nov 21, 2019 8:05 PM
Jan 2019
For me the worst anime I have ever seen is probably Arifureta, it was supposed to be a good anime, but it was turned out to be terrible.
Nov 21, 2019 8:08 PM
Jan 2019
Nurguburu said:
Kanata no Astra and Erased insulted my intelligence.

*Kanata no Astra: silly "plot twists", cringe comedy, plot armor and a lot of plot holes. The most overrated anime from 2019.

I don’t think you know what overrated means.
Nov 21, 2019 8:15 PM
Jan 2019
AnimaExZero said:
Deku7midoriya said:
Naruto is what comes to my mind .
It' the worst thing I've ever seen, how can people even like that shit.
fillers , talk no jutsu , plot holes everything was horrible in naruto.
I coudn't bring my self to like the manga and the anime

Maybe the anime survived because of the large cast of characters that come around the whole series, but, definitely and ironically, the worst characters are the main cast: Naruto (being a better motivational speaker than a interesting shonen character), also he seemed like he had a crush on Sasuke and he stalked him to be his "girlfriend"), Sasuke (always being an annoying bitch with no true relevance to the plot) and Sakura (being a useless bitch, that was forced to be important to the story without a real progression or evolution as a character)

You have the most alien taste in the world calling one of the best anime anyone will ever make in history of anime and calling it trash, but people have different taste, but you might lose friends just for saying that tbh.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 36 seconds ago

0 by WatchTillTandava »»
36 seconds ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

11 by SwordBreaker36 »»
10 minutes ago

» The nicest chest you've seen on a male or female character

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

11 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

27 by SwordBreaker36 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

30 by PlasticRobot »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.