Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 8, 9:21 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Mary wants to go to school. Lucy is such a nice guy though for trying to help her.

On the other hand, the case about the sumo wrestlers was strange. I guess this anime in general has some weird thriller-like gags thrown into for its storytelling.

Nov 8, 10:26 AM

I was wondering if Lucy was a boy or a girl in the beginning, she looks so much like a man.
Anyway she's really kind with her sister, I don't really like the case but overall it was better than other episodes.

Nov 8, 11:41 AM
Lucy is a nice person. But I really can't stand her sister!

The mystery was surprisingly interesting this episode.

I love how Mrs. Hudson is fearless about their clothing preference.

It is getting kind of annoying how Watson never gets to talk to Sherlock properly. The novel Sherlock always listened to Watson and really respected his opinions. Also, he would definitely listen with all his curiosity if there was a way he could help people. He even helped young women with their very trivial problems in the book.

Nov 8, 12:22 PM

So Mary wanted to 2 million yen for that Dress??? Damn thats an expensive dress.
Also Mary kinda sucks lol.

Lucy is great though and Sherlock and his Rakugo are awesome!
Fall 2019 Waifus in Profile.

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 12:32 PM

Wow, today it's all about Lucy.................... can't believe that even in a club were she has to work as a host, them tyrannies were all over her.

Nov 8, 12:37 PM

A Lucy focused episode. She made quite a lot of money in a short time.

Nov 8, 12:38 PM

Wtf with that case it was very simplistic once again

Nov 8, 1:00 PM

Dammit Mary! If I was Lucy I would be extremely pissed.

I feel like they should stop beating around the bush and get to the main point.

It's a nice anime, I enjoy the episodes but there isn't much plot yet! So far it has been just minor cases here and there and a very tiny amount of information about the main point towards the end of the episode.
Everyone should read Tower of God. The art is the best.

Nov 8, 3:52 PM

nanimeanswhat said:

It's a nice anime, I enjoy the episodes but there isn't much plot yet! So far it has been just minor cases here and there and a very tiny amount of information about the main point towards the end of the episode.

It's a 24 episode anime so they're probably trying to make us like the main cast before shit hits the fan. That's just my theory though.

Nov 8, 4:31 PM

They managed to present a simple case in a way that felt somewhat hectic and difficult to follow - and therefore a little less enjoyable overall than the previous episodes. Might be just me though...?

Nov 8, 4:44 PM

The ED felt good this episode. I love the rakugo parts in this show, they're very charming,
Most of the twists and turns in the stories are pretty obvious, but the narrative is enjoyable nonetheless.
I wonder if they'll keep it episodic till the end or add some arcs now

Nov 8, 4:49 PM

Didn't think Omiyama could be the culprit, but man, just to rig a match? Like Lucy I wouldn't hold it against him, the guy is old and trying to keep his sumo career alive.

I thought we would see Lucy in a sexy number at the end, but ehh.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Nov 8, 5:23 PM

Lucy is such a handsome guy, to be fair.

Nov 8, 6:16 PM

it was an interesting episode. not much on the mystery side tbh. I want Sherlock to look more on Watson's case. Lucy is really nice, Mary is just spoiled. don't like her attitude.

Nov 8, 7:48 PM

Mary is such a little shit...she's awful

on the contrary Bunmaru is such an adorable little sumo lol

Nov 9, 12:06 AM

I'm starting to like this anime for the episodic setup. Earlier I hoped for a deeper background plot with Watson but now we got a lil bit background for Lu and Mary. Also the moneylender guy doesn't seem evil.

The atmosphere and the chars are nice. (But I guess if you don't like that not much might keep you watching - lower score is understandable here on MAL though I for myself really like this anime.)

Nov 9, 3:25 AM

TheLimo said:
nanimeanswhat said:

It's a 24 episode anime so they're probably trying to make us like the main cast before shit hits the fan. That's just my theory though.

It is possible. However, it's not the best way of storytelling, to be honest.
Everyone should read Tower of God. The art is the best.

Nov 9, 9:48 AM

Mary sure seems spoiled, I guess Lucy doesn't want her to regret the fact that she ran away with her to Kabukichou instead of going with those two. I can see why Lucy is popular as a host though, she really looks like a hot guy. Welp, the episode was alright, and it's nice to know more about the cast.

Nov 9, 11:32 AM

a stupid episode...I hope more serious episodes follow

Nov 9, 7:47 PM

I had a strong feeling Mary was going to use that money for shopping and I was right. Poor Lucy.

On the plus side, Lucy looks good in drag. She's very handsome and attracts people regardless of their sex or gender. She sacrifices a lot, not only for her sister but those around her.

Her cooking seems terrible though, it rivals Shimura Tae's black matter cooking.

Bunmaru was my favorite in this episode, He's such a sweetheart
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Nov 10, 1:59 AM

I wonder what Moriarty had in his bag, pretty suspicious. Also Lucy is a really nice girl and lol she spoiled Mary too much.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Nov 10, 8:16 PM

Bit of a different episode focusing a lot on two of the other detectives. Decently heartfelt story though Mary is pretty spoiled. Hope she gets a bit of growth in these 24 eps. The mystery was pretty simple but entertaining. Not like I was able to piece it together until Sherlock started his explanation anyway lul. I would have preferred if Lucy solved it, but she did catch on pretty much immediately (unlike myself). Still I think they are trying to get as much rakugo in each episode as they can.