Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hoshiai no Sora Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 9, 11:55 PM

Toma and Katsuragi were like puppy barking at a dog, really. Toma is a real hero at this episode, helping both Katsuragi and the vice president by himself. Mostly I am excited to see the practice match.

Nov 9, 11:58 PM

There's so much to say about this episode. The way everyone stood up to the track guy for the sake of the manager. All that Toma did for Maki. Obviously it wasn't the best idea necessarily, but they're in middle school. Really got bad vibes when he told Maki's dad his name though. I don't particularly like any of the characters in this series yet, but the overall feel of the series is amazing. I live for plots like this with different backgrounds for all the characters.

Yesterday, 12:51 AM
Hatsuyuki said:
Eh whenever a dramatic show pops up there's always bound to be these types of people that complain about drama and call it forced, which honestly it's a term i've only seen being used by anime fans. The same happened with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. It's a drama, if it's not for you, then you can simply stop watching.

? I have no problem with drama in most anime, especially if the genre is Slice of Life. Drama is to be expected and is welcome. I also don't have a problem with the drama in this anime. The point I'm making is that every single person in a club/group of friends don't usually have dramatic lives. That's not bashing the drama in the anime, it's critiquing the realism portrayed in the Slice of Life/realistic fiction genre.

Yesterday, 1:02 AM
Ventus_S said:
t_tomodachi22 said:

I'm glad Maki told everything, too. I get tired of anime where the MC keeps everything to themselves and shoulder all the burden blahblah. It's too frustrating. I also agree that Touma has a violent side that not all the members of the tennis club see lol

I don't think 'everything' is so overdramatic. The way they threatened to kill the dad, while dramatic, was pretty accurate. At their age, defenseless as they are, the 'I'll kill you' threat is a real (childish) thing, and Maki's father repeating it goes to show how childish (TRASH) he is as well.

I do think that all the back stories of each of the players so far has been pretty dramatic lol I'm sure there's at least ONE player who doesn't have a traumatic past/present. There has to be...

Well did you see that tall guy dancing with his little sister in this episode?
I'm pretty sure his family is fine.

Also the female mc family looks fine too.
Reintoro family is fine as well, just because he's adapted doesn't mean he has family issue, he just overthink stuffs..

You might be right. I didn't remember the boy dancing with his sister, thanks for mentioning that! I hope he remains this way :) (not that his situation would do much to the plot since he's not an mc)
Have a we seen the female mc's family? I can't even remember..
And, poor Rintarou, his drama is definitely all in his mind, because his parents seem perfectly fine!

Yesterday, 1:46 AM

The show becomes quite cool at this point. Yeah it might seem flat to give every major character some kind of sob story, but in the end its a dramatic show so it's a given. I didn't like how they dealt with the father, a lot of empty threats and if the show took a dark turn the two boys would have been in grave danger. The father of Maki gives me vibes of a former yakuza or someone who is involved with shady people so he could easily dispose someone to harass his son himself.

I didn't like how the empty threats of the boys worked out... it felt like plot convenience and there was no indicator that the father had a change of heart or something like you would expect it. In other shows you would get a faint flashback to maybe how the father had an old partner which bonds reminded him of the both boys one.

I'm interested for the next episode. All these backstories at once was a bit overwhelming I guess.

Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

Their friendship is pretty genuine so I wouldn't even mind.

Yesterday, 2:10 AM
KamisamaHatatan said:
The show becomes quite cool at this point. Yeah it might seem flat to give every major character some kind of sob story, but in the end its a dramatic show so it's a given. I didn't like how they dealt with the father, a lot of empty threats and if the show took a dark turn the two boys would have been in grave danger. The father of Maki gives me vibes of a former yakuza or someone who is involved with shady people so he could easily dispose someone to harass his son himself.

I didn't like how the empty threats of the boys worked out... it felt like plot convenience and there was no indicator that the father had a change of heart or something like you would expect it. In other shows you would get a faint flashback to maybe how the father had an old partner which bonds reminded him of the both boys one.

I'm interested for the next episode. All these backstories at once was a bit overwhelming I guess.

Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

Their friendship is pretty genuine so I wouldn't even mind.

Actually I think this gonna lead to a love triangle with NTR in the future.

Yesterday, 2:22 AM
HereticHunter said:
mecapod said:

I don't think it's right for people to disagree with each other and have different opinions. I believe this only leads to war and conflict.

what do you suggest then? endless talking about how he thinks
mecapod said:

I don't think it's right for people to disagree with each other and have different opinions. I believe this only leads to war and conflict.

What do you suggest then? keep talking with people who rates this 10/10 isn't going to get me anywhere. I already had this happening to me on Kimetsu no Yaiba's forum where people will shit on you for not liking their favorite anime as much as they do.

You got my sarcasm and even answered your own question (nice!) but but BUT .... I'd advise you to be careful when talking about Kimetsu no Yaiba ^^

Yesterday, 2:30 AM

We got to see some bromance here! but with respect!
that scum father to threaten even Toma? is he dumb or what?!?
that last part...way to provoke the softeni team! haha! let's see what entails!
5/5.

Yesterday, 4:45 AM

mecapod said:
HereticHunter said:

what do you suggest then? endless talking about how he thinks

What do you suggest then? keep talking with people who rates this 10/10 isn't going to get me anywhere. I already had this happening to me on Kimetsu no Yaiba's forum where people will shit on you for not liking their favorite anime as much as they do.

You got my sarcasm and even answered your own question (nice!) but but BUT .... I'd advise you to be careful when talking about Kimetsu no Yaiba ^^

Hahahaha, yes I know, people are very sensitive about that anime. (Learned it the hard way xP)
If you find yourself disagreeing, please, don't do the following:

1. Call out on some superiority complex.
2. Rely on "If you don't like then don't watch it" in an attempt to defend your statements
3. Resorting to insults.

Yesterday, 5:22 AM

god damn... i love that ED song + Koreography dance
especially when that fatgirl dancing ..

Yesterday, 5:25 AM
Now we know why shingo dance well im the ending song 😂 because he always dance with his sister

And rintarou is doing his best 😭 he is not doing well in interpreting his parents word tho

Yesterday, 5:28 AM

that hurts... D: ugh
BNHA Anime, Hoshiai and KNY/BNHA chapters... too much feels atm

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄

Yesterday, 9:24 AM
The thing I love about this series so far is the way it completely upends the trope of parents being absent from characters' lives in anime. On the contrary is shows that parental relationships are often strained and there isn't a single person in the world who doesn't have any issues with their parents.

I have seen some argue that it goes too far in that direction, it's unrealistic for everyone to have significant family problems. To an extent, sure. However, what it nails is the fact that everyone goes through these struggles and I think it is doing an admirable job of conveying that.

Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Jin_uzuki said:
lol this is getting ridiculous now. Everything is so over-dramatic.

The hug between Maki and Touma was nice though. No more hiding.

Lol are you surprised that a show tagged "drama" is dramatic?

Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Apricck said:
Jin_uzuki said:
lol this is getting ridiculous now. Everything is so over-dramatic.

The hug between Maki and Touma was nice though. No more hiding.

No, I'm surprised it's over-dramatic, can't you read?

Yesterday, 11:55 AM
Toma is great standing up for everyone knowing his home situation is no better Even the council president has a bad home situation Apparently they settled with the YouTubers to allow the dance to continue

Yesterday, 12:02 PM
OoOo This is getting good, I like how the drama in this episode and how the main characters stood up for each other and that hug in the end.., cried yes I did. Bromance is love. And that dude in the ending after the ending song, he's rude lol I'm looking forward to how our characters will do in this practise match O_o

Favourite episode so far :>
Modified by Craneface, Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Yesterday, 4:55 PM

All characters are precious! Such a baby. I really hate Maki's father!
Toma is so nervous for the practice match, I hope they will win against the cocky guy!
月が綺麗ですね ❤️

死んでもいいわ ...

Yesterday, 10:44 PM
stereotype756 said:
HereticHunter said:

Now, are you telling me that threatening the abuser is better? Ok. Also, no, I don't remember all of the plot because this anime loves to cut from a scene to another quicker than a calculator, ruining the pace and overall directing that makes it hard to follow. Like you said, there are things to consider, but you should also consider the consequences of not acting before things get way worse... or making things way worse by making hasty decisions. I actually thought Maki's dad was going to punch the fuck out of Toma all thanks to Toma threatening him, which could have ended up pretty badly. And I know it will get worse.

I guess what @Ventus_S wants to express is that there is the posibility that this thing might happen. This kind of things is not uncommon, ridiculous or over-dramatic. They hide in the dark corners of society and human mind without being made known to the public. I hope more and more individuals perceive the scene as well as other similar scenes as a possibility instead of confusing rational action with action that is possible to happen or using personal perception to judge what is impossible or ridiculous, unless a scene is actually ridiculous. For example, touma stabs the man with a knife as soon as he opens door.

When I was young, I actually said 'I'll kill you' to the abusive parent while we fought several times. Among these incidents, I thought of I was really going to kill 'YOU' at least twice, though these thought only last a few seconds. Is threatening the abuser better? No. But if emotion takes control of body, it's meaningless to talk which way is better or logical, I just DON'T CARE. consequnces? hasty decisions? Fxxk it. Especially I'm short-tempered at home. The thought of calling cops never occurs in my head as far as I can remember. Schools don't teach kids what they should do when they are abused, maybe I subconsciously considered cops were useless(they are actually useless), maybe I subconsciously was afraid of the uncertainty of calling cops, maybe I got accustomed to this kind of life. Involving so many factors, calling cops isn't an easy thing to do.

I think the 'don't remember' excuse is out of place. After I binged on Chihayafuru series, I forgot some of plot and details until I rewatched it. As for this anime, in my opinion, its pace is fine and more infos in an episode compared to easy-to-comsume animes.

HereticHunter said:

There's a lot cases like this on my country that ends in tragedy. And who knows how many other situations hasn't been spoken yet. So I'm not as ignorant as you think, this anime is just way too questionable, and it's poor pacing and overall directing doesn't help either, specially with almost every member of the club having a tragic backstory,

I don't understand why some people make such a fuss about 'every member has a tragic backstory'. Even if this anime gives a realistic vibe, it doesn't necessary to be realistic. Besides, we have seen the family of two members are ordinary.
It's not a matter of being realistic, but forced, super exaggerated, will tell me that if we make a football team, all members have a sad past? This turns out to be even a lack of creativity, or the lack of a more convincing conflict for an anime to benefit from the usual characterization that gradually fits, look Run with the Wind, all character conflicts are face to face without appealing to a tragic past, At least 2-3 characters have a past that has affected the present, and done in a mature way, without having to resort to pure shock factor or a scene that the author himself asks you to feel sorry for the character.

Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Gabisu said:
stereotype756 said:

I guess what @Ventus_S wants to express is that there is the posibility that this thing might happen. This kind of things is not uncommon, ridiculous or over-dramatic. They hide in the dark corners of society and human mind without being made known to the public. I hope more and more individuals perceive the scene as well as other similar scenes as a possibility instead of confusing rational action with action that is possible to happen or using personal perception to judge what is impossible or ridiculous, unless a scene is actually ridiculous. For example, touma stabs the man with a knife as soon as he opens door.

When I was young, I actually said 'I'll kill you' to the abusive parent while we fought several times. Among these incidents, I thought of I was really going to kill 'YOU' at least twice, though these thought only last a few seconds. Is threatening the abuser better? No. But if emotion takes control of body, it's meaningless to talk which way is better or logical, I just DON'T CARE. consequnces? hasty decisions? Fxxk it. Especially I'm short-tempered at home. The thought of calling cops never occurs in my head as far as I can remember. Schools don't teach kids what they should do when they are abused, maybe I subconsciously considered cops were useless(they are actually useless), maybe I subconsciously was afraid of the uncertainty of calling cops, maybe I got accustomed to this kind of life. Involving so many factors, calling cops isn't an easy thing to do.

I think the 'don't remember' excuse is out of place. After I binged on Chihayafuru series, I forgot some of plot and details until I rewatched it. As for this anime, in my opinion, its pace is fine and more infos in an episode compared to easy-to-comsume animes.

I don't understand why some people make such a fuss about 'every member has a tragic backstory'. Even if this anime gives a realistic vibe, it doesn't necessary to be realistic. Besides, we have seen the family of two members are ordinary.
It's not a matter of being realistic, but forced, super exaggerated, will tell me that if we make a football team, all members have a sad past? This turns out to be even a lack of creativity, or the lack of a more convincing conflict for an anime to benefit from the usual characterization that gradually fits, look Run with the Wind, all character conflicts are face to face without appealing to a tragic past, At least 2-3 characters have a past that has affected the present, and done in a mature way, without having to resort to pure shock factor or a scene that the author himself asks you to feel sorry for the character.

Why are you acting like every single one of them has a tragic past when literally only two has ever experienced anything remotely tragic?

I swear shock factor has almost become a buzzword now. You're acting like abuse or anything dark should never be incorporated in a piece of work because its "edgy" and asking for the viewers to feel sorry for the character.

5 hours ago

Jin_uzuki said:
Apricck said:

If it wasn't at least this dramatic, it wouldn't be classified as a drama.

2 hours ago

Apricck said:
Jin_uzuki said:

If it wasn't at least this dramatic, it wouldn't be classified as a drama.

No, it would be still classified as drama. Unless you think Mari-Okada-tier stuff is the only type of drama.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]