Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 10, 2019 1:02 AM
May 2019
Ventus_S said:
t_tomodachi22 said:

I'm glad Maki told everything, too. I get tired of anime where the MC keeps everything to themselves and shoulder all the burden blahblah. It's too frustrating. I also agree that Touma has a violent side that not all the members of the tennis club see lol

I don't think 'everything' is so overdramatic. The way they threatened to kill the dad, while dramatic, was pretty accurate. At their age, defenseless as they are, the 'I'll kill you' threat is a real (childish) thing, and Maki's father repeating it goes to show how childish (TRASH) he is as well.

I do think that all the back stories of each of the players so far has been pretty dramatic lol I'm sure there's at least ONE player who doesn't have a traumatic past/present. There has to be...

Well did you see that tall guy dancing with his little sister in this episode?
I'm pretty sure his family is fine.

Also the female mc family looks fine too.
Reintoro family is fine as well, just because he's adapted doesn't mean he has family issue, he just overthink stuffs..

You might be right. I didn't remember the boy dancing with his sister, thanks for mentioning that! I hope he remains this way :) (not that his situation would do much to the plot since he's not an mc)
Have a we seen the female mc's family? I can't even remember..
And, poor Rintarou, his drama is definitely all in his mind, because his parents seem perfectly fine!
Nov 10, 2019 1:46 AM

Aug 2013
The show becomes quite cool at this point. Yeah it might seem flat to give every major character some kind of sob story, but in the end its a dramatic show so it's a given. I didn't like how they dealt with the father, a lot of empty threats and if the show took a dark turn the two boys would have been in grave danger. The father of Maki gives me vibes of a former yakuza or someone who is involved with shady people so he could easily dispose someone to harass his son himself.

I didn't like how the empty threats of the boys worked out... it felt like plot convenience and there was no indicator that the father had a change of heart or something like you would expect it. In other shows you would get a faint flashback to maybe how the father had an old partner which bonds reminded him of the both boys one.

I'm interested for the next episode. All these backstories at once was a bit overwhelming I guess.

Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

Their friendship is pretty genuine so I wouldn't even mind.
Nov 10, 2019 2:10 AM
Oct 2015
KamisamaHatatan said:
The show becomes quite cool at this point. Yeah it might seem flat to give every major character some kind of sob story, but in the end its a dramatic show so it's a given. I didn't like how they dealt with the father, a lot of empty threats and if the show took a dark turn the two boys would have been in grave danger. The father of Maki gives me vibes of a former yakuza or someone who is involved with shady people so he could easily dispose someone to harass his son himself.

I didn't like how the empty threats of the boys worked out... it felt like plot convenience and there was no indicator that the father had a change of heart or something like you would expect it. In other shows you would get a faint flashback to maybe how the father had an old partner which bonds reminded him of the both boys one.

I'm interested for the next episode. All these backstories at once was a bit overwhelming I guess.

Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

Their friendship is pretty genuine so I wouldn't even mind.

Actually I think this gonna lead to a love triangle with NTR in the future.

Nov 10, 2019 2:22 AM
Oct 2015
HereticHunter said:
mecapod said:

I don't think it's right for people to disagree with each other and have different opinions. I believe this only leads to war and conflict.

what do you suggest then? endless talking about how he thinks
mecapod said:

I don't think it's right for people to disagree with each other and have different opinions. I believe this only leads to war and conflict.

What do you suggest then? keep talking with people who rates this 10/10 isn't going to get me anywhere. I already had this happening to me on Kimetsu no Yaiba's forum where people will shit on you for not liking their favorite anime as much as they do.

You got my sarcasm and even answered your own question (nice!) but but BUT .... I'd advise you to be careful when talking about Kimetsu no Yaiba ^^
Nov 10, 2019 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
We got to see some bromance here! but with respect!
that scum father to threaten even Toma? is he dumb or what?!?
that last part...way to provoke the softeni team! haha! let's see what entails!
5/5.

Nov 10, 2019 4:45 AM

Feb 2016
mecapod said:
HereticHunter said:

what do you suggest then? endless talking about how he thinks

What do you suggest then? keep talking with people who rates this 10/10 isn't going to get me anywhere. I already had this happening to me on Kimetsu no Yaiba's forum where people will shit on you for not liking their favorite anime as much as they do.

You got my sarcasm and even answered your own question (nice!) but but BUT .... I'd advise you to be careful when talking about Kimetsu no Yaiba ^^

Hahahaha, yes I know, people are very sensitive about that anime. (Learned it the hard way xP)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 10, 2019 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
god damn... i love that ED song + Koreography dance
especially when that fatgirl dancing ..
Nov 10, 2019 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
Now we know why shingo dance well im the ending song 😂 because he always dance with his sister

And rintarou is doing his best 😭 he is not doing well in interpreting his parents word tho
Nov 10, 2019 5:28 AM

May 2018

that hurts... D: ugh
BNHA Anime, Hoshiai and KNY/BNHA chapters... too much feels atm

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Nov 10, 2019 9:24 AM
Apr 2009
The thing I love about this series so far is the way it completely upends the trope of parents being absent from characters' lives in anime. On the contrary is shows that parental relationships are often strained and there isn't a single person in the world who doesn't have any issues with their parents.

I have seen some argue that it goes too far in that direction, it's unrealistic for everyone to have significant family problems. To an extent, sure. However, what it nails is the fact that everyone goes through these struggles and I think it is doing an admirable job of conveying that.
Nov 10, 2019 10:46 AM

Nov 2018
Jin_uzuki said:
lol this is getting ridiculous now. Everything is so over-dramatic.

The hug between Maki and Touma was nice though. No more hiding.

Lol are you surprised that a show tagged "drama" is dramatic?
Nov 10, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Apricck said:
Jin_uzuki said:
lol this is getting ridiculous now. Everything is so over-dramatic.

The hug between Maki and Touma was nice though. No more hiding.

No, I'm surprised it's over-dramatic, can't you read?

Nov 10, 2019 11:55 AM
Mar 2015
Toma is great standing up for everyone knowing his home situation is no better Even the council president has a bad home situation Apparently they settled with the YouTubers to allow the dance to continue
Nov 10, 2019 12:02 PM
Nov 2017
OoOo This is getting good, I like how the drama in this episode and how the main characters stood up for each other and that hug in the end.., cried yes I did. Bromance is love. And that dude in the ending after the ending song, he's rude lol I'm looking forward to how our characters will do in this practise match O_o

Favourite episode so far :>
CranefaceNov 10, 2019 12:06 PM
Nov 10, 2019 4:55 PM

Sep 2018
All characters are precious! Such a baby. I really hate Maki's father!
Toma is so nervous for the practice match, I hope they will win against the cocky guy!
Nov 10, 2019 10:44 PM
Jun 2015
stereotype756 said:
HereticHunter said:

Now, are you telling me that threatening the abuser is better? Ok. Also, no, I don't remember all of the plot because this anime loves to cut from a scene to another quicker than a calculator, ruining the pace and overall directing that makes it hard to follow. Like you said, there are things to consider, but you should also consider the consequences of not acting before things get way worse... or making things way worse by making hasty decisions. I actually thought Maki's dad was going to punch the fuck out of Toma all thanks to Toma threatening him, which could have ended up pretty badly. And I know it will get worse.

I guess what @Ventus_S wants to express is that there is the posibility that this thing might happen. This kind of things is not uncommon, ridiculous or over-dramatic. They hide in the dark corners of society and human mind without being made known to the public. I hope more and more individuals perceive the scene as well as other similar scenes as a possibility instead of confusing rational action with action that is possible to happen or using personal perception to judge what is impossible or ridiculous, unless a scene is actually ridiculous. For example, touma stabs the man with a knife as soon as he opens door.

When I was young, I actually said 'I'll kill you' to the abusive parent while we fought several times. Among these incidents, I thought of I was really going to kill 'YOU' at least twice, though these thought only last a few seconds. Is threatening the abuser better? No. But if emotion takes control of body, it's meaningless to talk which way is better or logical, I just DON'T CARE. consequnces? hasty decisions? Fxxk it. Especially I'm short-tempered at home. The thought of calling cops never occurs in my head as far as I can remember. Schools don't teach kids what they should do when they are abused, maybe I subconsciously considered cops were useless(they are actually useless), maybe I subconsciously was afraid of the uncertainty of calling cops, maybe I got accustomed to this kind of life. Involving so many factors, calling cops isn't an easy thing to do.

I think the 'don't remember' excuse is out of place. After I binged on Chihayafuru series, I forgot some of plot and details until I rewatched it. As for this anime, in my opinion, its pace is fine and more infos in an episode compared to easy-to-comsume animes.

HereticHunter said:

There's a lot cases like this on my country that ends in tragedy. And who knows how many other situations hasn't been spoken yet. So I'm not as ignorant as you think, this anime is just way too questionable, and it's poor pacing and overall directing doesn't help either, specially with almost every member of the club having a tragic backstory,

I don't understand why some people make such a fuss about 'every member has a tragic backstory'. Even if this anime gives a realistic vibe, it doesn't necessary to be realistic. Besides, we have seen the family of two members are ordinary.
It's not a matter of being realistic, but forced, super exaggerated, will tell me that if we make a football team, all members have a sad past? This turns out to be even a lack of creativity, or the lack of a more convincing conflict for an anime to benefit from the usual characterization that gradually fits, look Run with the Wind, all character conflicts are face to face without appealing to a tragic past, At least 2-3 characters have a past that has affected the present, and done in a mature way, without having to resort to pure shock factor or a scene that the author himself asks you to feel sorry for the character.
Nov 10, 2019 11:27 PM

Jul 2013
Gabisu said:
stereotype756 said:

I guess what @Ventus_S wants to express is that there is the posibility that this thing might happen. This kind of things is not uncommon, ridiculous or over-dramatic. They hide in the dark corners of society and human mind without being made known to the public. I hope more and more individuals perceive the scene as well as other similar scenes as a possibility instead of confusing rational action with action that is possible to happen or using personal perception to judge what is impossible or ridiculous, unless a scene is actually ridiculous. For example, touma stabs the man with a knife as soon as he opens door.

When I was young, I actually said 'I'll kill you' to the abusive parent while we fought several times. Among these incidents, I thought of I was really going to kill 'YOU' at least twice, though these thought only last a few seconds. Is threatening the abuser better? No. But if emotion takes control of body, it's meaningless to talk which way is better or logical, I just DON'T CARE. consequnces? hasty decisions? Fxxk it. Especially I'm short-tempered at home. The thought of calling cops never occurs in my head as far as I can remember. Schools don't teach kids what they should do when they are abused, maybe I subconsciously considered cops were useless(they are actually useless), maybe I subconsciously was afraid of the uncertainty of calling cops, maybe I got accustomed to this kind of life. Involving so many factors, calling cops isn't an easy thing to do.

I think the 'don't remember' excuse is out of place. After I binged on Chihayafuru series, I forgot some of plot and details until I rewatched it. As for this anime, in my opinion, its pace is fine and more infos in an episode compared to easy-to-comsume animes.

I don't understand why some people make such a fuss about 'every member has a tragic backstory'. Even if this anime gives a realistic vibe, it doesn't necessary to be realistic. Besides, we have seen the family of two members are ordinary.
It's not a matter of being realistic, but forced, super exaggerated, will tell me that if we make a football team, all members have a sad past? This turns out to be even a lack of creativity, or the lack of a more convincing conflict for an anime to benefit from the usual characterization that gradually fits, look Run with the Wind, all character conflicts are face to face without appealing to a tragic past, At least 2-3 characters have a past that has affected the present, and done in a mature way, without having to resort to pure shock factor or a scene that the author himself asks you to feel sorry for the character.

Why are you acting like every single one of them has a tragic past when literally only two has ever experienced anything remotely tragic?

I swear shock factor has almost become a buzzword now. You're acting like abuse or anything dark should never be incorporated in a piece of work because its "edgy" and asking for the viewers to feel sorry for the character.
Nov 11, 2019 5:59 AM

Nov 2018
Jin_uzuki said:
Apricck said:

If it wasn't at least this dramatic, it wouldn't be classified as a drama.
Nov 11, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
Apricck said:
Jin_uzuki said:

If it wasn't at least this dramatic, it wouldn't be classified as a drama.

No, it would be still classified as drama. Unless you think Mari-Okada-tier stuff is the only type of drama.

Nov 11, 2019 12:47 PM
Jun 2015
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
Gabisu said:

Why are you acting like every single one of them has a tragic past when literally only two has ever experienced anything remotely tragic?

I swear shock factor has almost become a buzzword now. You're acting like abuse or anything dark should never be incorporated in a piece of work because its "edgy" and asking for the viewers to feel sorry for the character.
They should be incorporated, but done in a cohesive and non-foul way, everything that hoshiai no sora presents (other than focused on Maki and Touma) is completely expository and easily played because Itsuki is already a totally off model character, where your characterization depends on hurriedly and without fair development, the script does everything for him to move on with the team, there is no consequence in an action, I easily summarize a hoshiai episode like: > Fun Timing > Tense Timing > Fun Timing > Superdrama Timing, and This is repeated to the end with conflicts drawn from the bottom of a black hole, I would accept if at least 3 characters had a characterization and dramatic construction around these 12 episodes, it would be an interesting case as Ping Pong the animation does, but here is a The director's desperate attempt to build everyone around him.

Why should I care about that character? (Touma's friend who ends up being bullied) I don't know him, the anime doesn't give me 5/5 time to get me interested and asks me to be on his side, in a situation that is not so explained.

And every anime routine turns out to be repetitive, here you see a mess when they play 4 plot lines in this episode, tell me how important the vice president's drama would be? And why does this come up now? There is no basis for it, or a consecrating way that becomes convincing to those watching. I almost never use the word '' shock value '', I know your concept, but if the show gets hold of it EVERY EPISODE, why would I say this is a positive thing?
Nov 11, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2019
Sharry_Divinity said:

I can't believe studios just make these decisions without a single concern for the feelings of their most fragile viewer demographic..

Nov 11, 2019 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
Not really a good episode, honestly. The succession of scenes was a bit messy with the idea of developing 4 plot lines in only 24 minutes. The brief glimpse of Kaori's situation at home felt out of place, especially with the humorous tone they tried to convey and Rintarou's backstory felt out of nowhere as well. I won't say they are forced but I think it would have been better for them to be introduced in another episode.

On the other hand, Maki telling Toma the truth was a good first step but calling the police to ambush his father would have been a better idea if you ask me. Them saying they will kill Maki's father sounded more ridiculous than anything to me but well. What's done, it's done so after telling him his name, I wonder how things will unfold for Toma from now on.

By the way, it also bothers me that neither the police nor the restrictive order was even mentioned this time. I wonder why tho... I mean, I would like to think police/justice in Japan is not as useless as the one in my country...
Nov 12, 2019 12:55 PM
Oct 2015
this_shit_again said:
Sharry_Divinity said:

I can't believe studios just make these decisions without a single concern for the feelings of their most fragile viewer demographic..

Look someone don't like BL...I have to say something ...hummm...WAIT...not with my account full of BL animes and mangas... let's do a new one ^^ hahaha

Dude be pround of who you are.
Nov 12, 2019 4:39 PM

Jul 2017
Backstories vs. characterization. This is the aura I got so far from everyone's debate about how this episode made or break the expectations about the realism of family conflict.

With that said, this episode HAS A LOT to sink into.

Toma is aware of Maki's family problems, but he probably didn't think that it could be worse than what he went through his entire life, even with Maki trying to account for his estranged mom having to be FORCED to provide for the divorced dad. But Toma being Toma, he understood how bad it was, and lent him a racket anyways.

With the money prepared in Toma's (not Maki's) hands, the confrontation is just as scary as a horror show. "Can't they just settle the law already!?" is my thought process with not having authority to finish this once and for all (but if it did, the story isn't quite complete). And Maki's nightmare may have just continued, but with Toma, he is one step closer to confidante.

Now, the 2nd part with the rich girl, student council president Kinuyo "Kaori" Kasuga. A typical brawl between parents? More like trying to be funny as is with conflict about the upbringing of kids in the parents' POV.

Rintaro is the one character that absolutely CANNOT be dismissed. Despite being vice-prez in the soft tennis club, I feel that EXPECTATION is the game of Rintaro's (not real) family, he too like Maki, was abandoned in a somewhat similar fashion, only except that he's adopted. Trying hard to gain approval, only to be shunned aside.

Mitsue's notion drifting in the team like a cloud, still has no idea what's her shtick.

The friendly match between the amateur and champion schools is starting...can't wait for it! And...challenge accepted? The head honcho is definitely not a wimp though...
Nov 13, 2019 4:25 AM

Jun 2011
I can't believe this cute looking anime is giving me so much feels. Why is this show so underrated dammit. I freakin hate thw father
Nov 13, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:
Backstories vs. characterization. This is the aura I got so far from everyone's debate about how this episode made or break the expectations about the realism of family conflict.

Toma is aware of Maki's family problems, but he probably didn't think that it could be worse than what he went through his entire life, even with Maki trying to account for his estranged mom having to be FORCED to provide for the divorced dad. But Toma being Toma, he understood how bad it was, and lent him a racket anyways.

With the money prepared in Toma's (not Maki's) hands, the confrontation is just as scary as a horror show. "Can't they just settle the law already!?" is my thought process with not having authority to finish this once and for all (but if it did, the story isn't quite complete). And Maki's nightmare may have just continued, but with Toma, he is one step closer to confidante.

Now, the 2nd part with the rich girl, student council president Kinuyo "Kaori" Kasuga. A typical brawl between parents? More like trying to be funny as is with conflict about the upbringing of kids in the parents' POV.

Rintaro is the one character that absolutely CANNOT be dismissed. Despite being vice-prez in the soft tennis club, I feel that EXPECTATION is the game of Rintaro's (not real) family, he too like Maki, was abandoned in a somewhat similar fashion, only except that he's adopted. Trying hard to gain approval, only to be shunned aside.

Mitsue's notion drifting in the team like a cloud, still has no idea what's her shtick.

The friendly match between the amateur and champion schools is starting...can't wait for it! And...challenge accepted? The head honcho is definitely not a wimp though...

Seriously everyone bring up the authority/ law to resolve the issue.
Didn't you think Maki's mom didn't already do that?
They're waiting for protection order but it hasn't been issued yet, meaning his mom has called the police for quite awhile but the authority can't do anything due to Japan law or something.

Maki's mom left money to PROTECT Maki because if she didn't , his dad might even beat up Maki more seriously/ severely.

I was originally thinking why not call police in episode 1, but as all the setting revealed in episode 5, it shows that they ALREADY DID CALL the police for awhile, but due to Japan law and regulation his dad can still do what he wants, even pursuing their address.

Stop using American laws and society norm to judge why x character didn't do y.
This is what I've seen from Mal users here again and again, replying the same thing of calling the police, which Maki's mom already did for awhile.
Nov 13, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2017
Ventus_S said:
KANLen09 said:

Seriously everyone bring up the authority/ law to resolve the issue.
Didn't you think Maki's mom didn't already do that?
They're waiting for protection order but it hasn't been issued yet, meaning his mom has called the police for quite awhile but the authority can't do anything due to Japan law or something.

Maki's mom left money to PROTECT Maki because if she didn't , his dad might even beat up Maki more seriously/ severely.

I was originally thinking why not call police in episode 1, but as all the setting revealed in episode 5, it shows that they ALREADY DID CALL the police for awhile, but due to Japan law and regulation his dad can still do what he wants, even pursuing their address.

Stop using American laws and society norm to judge why x character didn't do y.
This is what I've seen from Mal users here again and again, replying the same thing of calling the police, which Maki's mom already did for awhile.

Uh duh, didn't you read the 1st paragraph? That's what I've been trying to say in a sea of conflict between the different laws. Not trying to be bias here, but obviously Western and Eastern laws are different. YES, Maki's mom has been trying to contact the police (like you said) for quite the while, but in Japan things are literally quite culture-shocking when it comes to authority and law, UNLIKE the Western world where everything can be resolved with weapons. This is where the not-so-clear disparity truly is noteworthy.

Others called this out, it's their POV. You can do nothing but argue about it and make it into a cat-mouse chase.
Nov 14, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
I was quite surprised that Maki actually went ahead and told Touma of his situation. The scene with Touma standing up for Maki to his father and then Maki standing upto his Dad was awesome.
It seems like Maki's Dad was always the way he is now, then why did his Mom like him and even marry him for that matter?

Interesting, I did not expect 'Kaori' to have so much detail to her character.
Nov 17, 2019 5:31 AM
Nov 2017
bdhwadgauwgq2 I love this anime, that scene when Maki hugged Touma was so cute. I love how well balanced the sport and character's background story is in this anime
Nov 17, 2019 7:07 PM

Feb 2016
I really liked this episode and there was so much juicy content but what I felt like was that I’m starting to feel like everything is being paced like way to fast. I want more emotionally investment into characters for example the Vice President like that adoption story came out of nowhere lol. I can’t be the only one that feels a bit overwhelmed by all the information come at them.
Nov 19, 2019 4:53 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah, this ep just furthers my belief this should be 2 cours. It was pretty disjointed with everything they shoved in.
Nov 24, 2019 5:48 PM
Jul 2013
Rintaro, get a grip of yourself, your parents took you in because they wanted and they love you.
I have a feeling this whole situation with Maki's dad will end tragically, during that confrontation I was anxious one of them was going to snap or bring out a knife. However the title suggests otherwise.
LOL @ Mitsue coming to the match.
Dec 7, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2016
toma's really just maki's sugar daddy at this point
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 27, 2019 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
I like the mix of drama and sports / slice of life here, but I really hope not everyone has something as difficult as domestic abuse & adoption for their backstory
Jan 14, 2020 1:28 PM

Aug 2017
The pacing is over the place again, 3 different characters stories in just one episode. And Touma should call an adult not putting himself in danger just to face a violent person.

2/5
NurguburuJan 14, 2020 1:33 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2020 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
Episode 5 - complete - 8/10
Feb 21, 2020 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Maki told Touma about his abusive father, and Touma threatened him, but while Maki is glad, we haven't seen the last of Maki's dad.

They're about to play against that other school, and it looks like one member from that school is trying to piss them off. Will they do any good against them?

Mar 30, 2020 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see them having bro moments, like Touma helping Maki.

Also kind of interesting to see all the parents problems so far ranging from just wondering if they can ever live up to their expectations to arguing to their parents to parents who just deserve to go to hell

Aug 29, 2020 9:30 PM
Oct 2019
This kid is dumb. Just don't open the door!

And the mom is dumb, too. How do you file a restrainer order, yet still reward the guy with money when he comes over? Makes no sense!

Now glasses kid is paying the money instead? ABSURD!

Leaving the door unlocked? This whole first half of this episode is stupid af. Makes me want to drop this series. Not. Even. Joking.
HagePotPotatoAug 29, 2020 10:18 PM
Aug 4, 2021 1:36 PM

Jan 2021
I have a feeling that this anime is gonna have a tragic ending. For some reason.
Dec 1, 2022 6:46 AM
May 2011
This episode had a lot going on. Maki trying to hide (albeit lamely) the circumstances around his racket was rough, and it's good that Toma saw through it and was there for him. It was nice in a childish way to see them try to stand up to Maki's father, who has been a pretty good villain so far. I like the little friendship between Yuu and Kanako, and it was funny seeing her get excited over Maki falling over. I like how the team has accepted Yuu. It seems to be an open secret that he's queer in some way, and while I didn't think the track bro was being malicious like the bullies in episode 2, I liked seeing them defend him. All that said, the Rintarou stuff was pretty lousy. I idea that Maki is taking his place on the team is enough on its own, and I don't have an issue with him being driven by the fact that he was put up for adoption as an infant, but I think the lengths of his inferiority complex are a bit much. I don't know, I just didn't care for his speech.
Mar 5, 2023 10:34 PM
Mar 2023
making me cryyyyy
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

238 by thatguyevan »»
Apr 11, 9:46 PM

» "Special Fan Movie" Has Been Released

zamandzoe - May 20, 2020

22 by quietkun27 »»
Feb 23, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

130 by Limi »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:31 AM

» Continuation...

Kurdo - Apr 19, 2021

19 by DmonHiro »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:48 PM

» Some scenes missing in Crunchyroll?

KYSmequick - Oct 15, 2023

3 by heelyfrog »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.