Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 8, 2019 6:06 PM

Aug 2015
Tsukasa basically hates boomers with a passion and he is putting a whole utopia/own culture for it. Gotta love the dedication lmao.

But in a more serious way, I can´t take his ideas. All of his plans and hatred seems plain stupid for me. It doent´s seem like he understand society at all and is willing to force people into living a Neo-Nature-Hippie life at the cost of progress in a way. I kinda like the no nature harm, but he needs to understand that (as Senku said) nature is not humanity friendly, so either he does something about it, or he will get devoured by his own belief.

Again, every time the bad guys shows I feel the series drops a lot of points. If this was just a SoL about Senku making shit and interacting with people it would be better.

Finally, all those brute-heads that Tsukasa is reviving pretty much contradicts everything he said in the beginning.

PD: The Tsukasa empire reminds me of NGL on Hunter x Hunter.
Nov 8, 2019 6:28 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

It's kind of strange that no one noticed or fought back against a single girl who lit the entire village ablaze.

A phone eh? That's interesting, I'm assuming he's gonna try to make some primitive form of walkie talkie.
Nov 8, 2019 6:38 PM

Sep 2017
another great and exciting episode. are we gonna see taijou and yuzuriha in the next episode? it's about time ! I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Nov 8, 2019 7:20 PM
Oct 2018
I don't really get how people can hate this show, despite there being some inaccuracies.
It's been a while since I got this hooked on an anime.
Really liked this episode, and also the 18 episodes before it.
GO SCIENCE
Nov 8, 2019 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
I think that the action of the acrobat girl should have been made as a smooth animation instead of still pictures.
---
Incidentally, "infrastructure" in the roadmap is a typo for "printed circuit board".
kuroneko99Nov 8, 2019 11:31 PM
Nov 8, 2019 8:32 PM

May 2019
MonkeyDHunter said:
Meh episode. Honestly, I find this arc is weak thus far. I think this show really stands out more when it solely focuses on slice of life moments and inventions rather than war and action scenes.

Completely agree
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Nov 8, 2019 8:41 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode... we have seen what a TSUKASA EMPIRE... and well they are equip with great fghters on their side, but of course Science empire have something in their sleeves.

and next week we have the one of important things in modern era-- cellphone... lets see how they will deal with it
Nov 9, 2019 12:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode!

Of course the battle wasn’t going to end with an unexpected twist and it was exactly that in the end. I wonder where those moves from Hyogo’s right hand man come from though, definitely an enemy to keep a close eye on. A narrow win for the Kingdom of Science nonetheless, thanks to poison (who would’ve thought xD).

It’s amazing how there were next to no casualties despite the damage to the village but that doesn’t change the fact that they’re in deep straits even then. Science Kingdom is obviously far too small for the whole village to reside in so I wonder if we’ll see some of the hardships in this regard next episode.

Cellphones, huh? Not bad, really. But against an army of beasts with supreme senses I’m sure, I’d have to say it’s a very risky approach. Chemical weapons would have been a far better idea but I suppose killing is off the limits for Senku so there’s no helping that. Banzai to Yuziriha and Taiju’s short cameo by the way! Replaying those dialogues of Taiju on about smartphones was a really nice addition, I can’t wait to see them again!

Tsukasa’s enraged expression in the final moments there though, props to TMS Entertainment for blowing that out of the park firstly. A nasty backstab plus finding out your greatest opponent still alive after what went down earlier would obviously madden anyone, so no surprises. It was nice to see some more input on his aim, he really hates capitalism doesn’t he?

6 more episodes to go, we better be getting a second season of this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 9, 2019 12:33 AM

Apr 2018
Tsukasa's team did a number at the village. It's about time that they show Taiju and Yuzuriha. I'm pretty stoked for the next ep
Nov 9, 2019 12:55 AM

Oct 2018
senku is making smart phones now. *_*

btw anyone here a supporter of Tsukasa? I mean I totally agree with him.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 9, 2019 12:56 AM

Oct 2018
thanos should have been more like tsukasa.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 9, 2019 3:45 AM

Oct 2013
Ashhk said:
Wow he wants to make a smartphone now, that's really interesting.
And I don't know if it's me but art seemed to be rushed in this episode.

you're absolutely right. animation quality took a severe dive. it was pretty distracting to me, like it looked shitty but everything was also extremely static

hopefully its fixed in the blu rays
Nov 9, 2019 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
Pakumen- said:
Tsukasa basically hates boomers with a passion and he is putting a whole utopia/own culture for it. Gotta love the dedication lmao.

But in a more serious way, I can´t take his ideas. All of his plans and hatred seems plain stupid for me. It doent´s seem like he understand society at all and is willing to force people into living a Neo-Nature-Hippie life at the cost of progress in a way. I kinda like the no nature harm, but he needs to understand that (as Senku said) nature is not humanity friendly, so either he does something about it, or he will get devoured by his own belief.

Again, every time the bad guys shows I feel the series drops a lot of points. If this was just a SoL about Senku making shit and interacting with people it would be better.

I bet the author thought without some overarching goal/villain the story wouldn't be engaging enough, especially for shounen jump readers. I totally agree though. Especially when tsukasa's army contains those generic goon characters we saw this episode
Nov 9, 2019 4:31 AM

Jun 2017
Goddamned commies of the Tsukasa Workers Union, burning a village and all that, seems quite familiar eh? :))

A great action packed episode. The village was attacked but it's only a matter of time before they rebuild, anyway, I'm kinda curious on this phone that they will be inventing.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 9, 2019 6:10 AM

Dec 2016
Nainu_ said:
> A cell phone? Wow. Good luck though. Cannot wait for the final outcome. With 6 episodes remaining.

only 6 episodes? Well, I guess it will end on "THIS" cliffhanger.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 9, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2012
So excited to see Taiju and Yuzurihara again and see Tsukasa/Senku cross paths again.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 9, 2019 7:04 AM

Jun 2019
Miss so much for Yuzuriha and Taiju
Nov 9, 2019 7:23 AM

Mar 2018
This episode seemed a bit rushed. Action went by a little too fast, but the science stuff stayed the same pacing. Overall, a great episode, but not as good as the others after the first arc.
Nov 9, 2019 7:30 AM
Feb 2017
With 6 episodes left, I can see it stopping somewhere I wouldn’t like. Hopefully we get season 2 announced once it ends like other shows this year, that would be great.
Nov 9, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2018
He speaks so highly of Tsukasa. Tsukasa is ridiculously powerful too ngl
But if he really is that smart I believe he'd get rid of Taiju and Yuzuriha the moment he learns that Senku is alive.. Well maybe he will idk

That Homura had to be her name when the first thing she does is set the village aflame. I see what you did there, author

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 9, 2019 8:15 AM

May 2019
When that pink-haired girl was appeared. I was like ‘wow, all girls in this anime look the same, just different hair style and color’

My reaction when Senkuu said he’s gonna make phone was exactly same as Gen’s reaction. Phone is out of my expectation really.

But at least this anime didn’t turn to be a real war of gun/sword/blood/fighting. And Senkuu keeps using his brain for fighting, I’m glad.
Nov 9, 2019 9:02 AM

Aug 2018
I miss Taiju and Yuzuriha a lot and I don't even know how, they were both annoying and uninteresting but made a cool trio with Senku together.

Meh it's perhaps I just like character teasing and badass comebacks.
Nov 9, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2013
Terrible all around. The geographical positions of the characters during the battle didn't even make sense too. Like, Senku and the main girl were in the village a moment ago, and suddenly they appear next to Suika to save her? Also why would Hyoga and his crew get baited and run to catch Suika? So bad.

cellphones? Really? Lol
Nov 9, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2019
The last 2 episodes were back to pretty much everything I hated about the show in its earlier episodes, from the over the top scene and ridiculous logic to end encounters.

I hope with that phone stuff the series will return to what it were before these last 2 episodes.

The show is better when focusing on science rather than these ridiculous encounters and fights.
Nov 9, 2019 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
DirectorK said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
A regular one has wires . This makes it vulnerable to being discovered. While being pretty easy to build once you have magnets and can produce insulated copper wire (I did myself as a child) I think he did not mean this. A walkie Talkie is basically a radio emitter and a radio receiver in the same case. The over thing was a way to prevent people talking in the same time and causing a feedback loop between the speaker and the mic. That being said having speakers can do much more in a war with people that do not know much about them. You can cause chaos in various ways: make the enemy not know where you are, lead them into a trap, make it think you are more numerous and so on.

He does not want to kill anyone. Chemical weapons would have been the way to go for me as well. Take some substances that cause a person to have problem breathing when combined/burned, spread them through the savage village and see them drop like flies. A few might die , but most will survive and can be captured with ease.

The problem with chemical warfare though is that it's unpredictable, not to mention immoral. Whatever chemicals you use to effect your enemies can essentially effect you as well, not the mention the damage it could cause to the environment. That's why most nations wouldn't use it even out of desperation.

If it were me, I would give Tsukasa the Vietnam War treatment. Being the youngest son of a Vietnam War veteran and having spoken with many other veterans, the one thing US soldiers feared more than the enemy when patrolling the jungles it was booby traps. If there was one thing you could praise the Vietcong for it was their booby traps and how creative they got with them.

Going with this plan, I would first abandon the village by splitting the people into two groups. The first group will be women, children, and the elderly while the second will be the fighters. The first group crosses the river with canoes and taken to safety while I take the second group and create a diversion by travelling on foot, making Tsukasa believe that we're running since he knows facing him head on even with technology would be suicide. Then, once he and his army start following us we would then go into the forest and start setting up as many booby traps as possible.

The key to this plan isn't just to dwindle down their numbers, it's to break their morale. Right now Tsukasa's army is completely confident that they'll have an easy victory on their hands, but once they start losing men and seeing them die in horrible ways it will slowly start to eat away effect their confidence. Now true, we'll still have to deal with Hyoga and other formidable fighters, but that's what our fighters are for. In addition to using booby traps, I would also use to guerrilla tactics to pick off anyone who strayed too far from the army while making sure they don't obtain any food or water.

From what I've so far, Tsuaksa's one fatal weakness is inexperience. We know that he was in training to become a professional boxer so he some idea on strategy, but he's never put it to good use. And honestly has no reason to since they're now living in the stone age. He believes that brute strength in this world will easily win. Well, once he starts losing men and morale starts to drop, his army will eventually start turning against and eventually they'll turn against him. He made them a bunch of promises but in their minds he only led them to disaster. Then, once things finally boil over, whatever's left of the army will either run, surrender, or maybe kill themselves of out of shame and Tsukasa will only go down with them.

In the end, my group wins with little to no casualties. Brutal yes, but if you want to beat a superior force with limited technology that's the way I would do it.

Wars is a hellish thing. And unfortunately the only way to to really stop it is win fast, win brutally. The more prolonged it gets the more people will die, so you use what you need. That being said what the french and germans did was a bit overboard as the fields remained barren for years afterwards.
Booby traps are not a bad idea, but they take a long time to set up and also you need to know where they are so you do not fall prey to them If they started putting booby traps years ago it would have worked.
Not bad but it takes more time tan you see in movies. If you do not believe see how long it takes you to build just one .
Guerilla tactics may work, but how about the scorched land tactic? Poison every water source near to the village of the enemy , and the set a fire around it. Anther tactics they could use if they had more people would be creating a wall around the enemy camp like the romans did to the gals. there are many strategies, but with limited resources two ways radios and well placed speakers is their best bet.
That whole win without casualties cannot really be done but since it is a manga....
Anyway they can make it look like the whole forest is on fire.
Nov 9, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
the fight got intense...hmm glad that both of them will return
Nov 9, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Booby traps are not a bad idea, but they take a long time to set up and also you need to know where they are so you do not fall prey to them If they started putting booby traps years ago it would have worked.
Not bad but it takes more time tan you see in movies. If you do not believe see how long it takes you to build just one .

Well, if you need to buy time, the best way to do that is to slow down Tsukasa's army by blocking and cutting off all the roads and trails leading to the village. This would force Tsukasa to search for and take an longer route. With that, you might be able to buy a few days to a week to get the civilians safe and far away while you set up your booby traps.

Guerilla tactics may work, but how about the scorched land tactic? Poison every water source near to the village of the enemy , and the set a fire around it.

I already mentioned about making sure they don't obtain any food or water. Using fire would seem effective but I wouldn't do it in dense forest area because once gets out of control it won't stop until there's nothing left to burn.

Anther tactics they could use if they had more people would be creating a wall around the enemy camp like the romans did to the gals. there are many strategies, but with limited resources two ways radios and well placed speakers is their best bet.

A nice idea, but like you said not enough man power and it would take too long with the technology they have. Plus, there's no way you would be able to keep that secret without the enemy noticing. A better idea would be to lead them into a canyon and then use explosives to trap them inside while cutting off any escape route.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 9, 2019 11:56 AM
Apr 2016
Tsukasa and his group are just so silly, they're like a group of angsty rebellious teenagers that think adults are some horrendously bad people.
Nov 9, 2019 12:18 PM

Jul 2016
Tsukasa - Oi Hyoga. You have been sleeping for 3700 years. Want to join my kingdom?
Hyoga - Ok.

So... communication devices, uh? Interesting though what Senkuu wants to make looks more like shortwave radios rather than cellphones. It would be more reasonable that way but now, I wonder how many episodes it will take for him to craft them.

Oh, and it also seems that Taiju and Yuzuriha will be of relevance for the plot again... great.
Nov 9, 2019 12:48 PM
Oct 2018
Gen is such a mood.
Senku: We're gonna hit them with humanity's strongest weapon
Me: *thinking* Oh damn... he's gonna nuke the s**t out of them
Gen: *About 3 seconds later* You're not talking about nukes right?
(I don't remember what they exactly said but its something along those lines)
Elin108Nov 9, 2019 12:52 PM
Nov 9, 2019 6:50 PM
Nov 2018
Okay, Senku - why don't you make crossbows?

Yes, one crossbow bolt was unable to take out Tsukasa. But make two dozen of them to defeat his army, or at least make them run. It seems like the obvious weapon to make. As long as you have the knowledge, which Senku does.
Nov 9, 2019 6:59 PM
Nov 2018
DirectorK said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
A regular one has wires . This makes it vulnerable to being discovered. While being pretty easy to build once you have magnets and can produce insulated copper wire (I did myself as a child) I think he did not mean this. A walkie Talkie is basically a radio emitter and a radio receiver in the same case. The over thing was a way to prevent people talking in the same time and causing a feedback loop between the speaker and the mic. That being said having speakers can do much more in a war with people that do not know much about them. You can cause chaos in various ways: make the enemy not know where you are, lead them into a trap, make it think you are more numerous and so on.

He does not want to kill anyone. Chemical weapons would have been the way to go for me as well. Take some substances that cause a person to have problem breathing when combined/burned, spread them through the savage village and see them drop like flies. A few might die , but most will survive and can be captured with ease.

The problem with chemical warfare though is that it's unpredictable, not to mention immoral. Whatever chemicals you use to effect your enemies can essentially effect you as well, not the mention the damage it could cause to the environment. That's why most nations wouldn't use it even out of desperation.

The reason is that it's ineffective. Chemical weapons could be dropped from airplanes without affecting one's own troops which are far away. But what people don't know because the movies don't tell them, is that it would have been meaningless in WWII, the one war when they could have been used to great effect, because there IS no great effect. Artillery is far more useful.

Mustard gas had a scare factor in WWI, when it was new. People panicked. But artillery, especially the upgraded artillery in the next big war, was still more efficient. Note that no one was in a hurry to replace artillery with poison gas. That's why none of the many nations taking part in WWII on either side used poison gas.

Only now in modern times have chemical weapons become as advanced as people think they always were. But these weapons are extremely difficult to make, and so they are confined to U.S. labs, and a few other nations. Most other chemical weapons in existence today are, again, ineffective. The difference is like a cruise ship compared to a common speed boat.

The doomsday cult Aum Shinrikyo had scientists and labs and lots of money and time, and they set out to kill as many as possible using poison gas. It was a large organization. In the end, all they could do was release some sarin gas through plastic bags, killing a grand total of thirteen people.
Nov 9, 2019 7:01 PM
Mar 2015
better wars through telephony
Nov 9, 2019 7:05 PM
Nov 2018
RobertBobert said:
So, is Tsukasa actually a millenial on steroids? His whole obsessive war with adults, naive anti-capitalism and speeches about nature, definitely remind me of something.

It's more like they needed someone who was the antithesis to the scientific approach. He was made to fit that.

Of course, as I'm not the first to point out, in his approach the one who is the strongest is conveniently on top, just like what he complained about. There is no democracy there. And no protection through the law, like there was in the old society.

Maybe Tsukasa truly will rule as an enlightened despot. But after him, only the despot part remains.

Ah, it goes up and down with dictatorships. and dictatorships work better the smaller they are, so that the ruler has to be in close contact with the ruled. There is a big difference between a tribal chief and someone who rules from afar. The tribal chief may in theory be a dictator but rules with the consent of the tribe.

Still. There'd be plenty of tribal chiefs and plenty of wars. Thinking of "tribes", I remember the story of the Indians in what is now the north-eastern U.S. - the reason the area had so few people was the immense genocidal war that had taken place right before Europeans arrived, with one tribe spreading out to massacre others. And this wasn't the first time.

Tsukasa is simply setting up this endless process for a few thousand years, while science slowly advances.

I think in reality anyone would understand that. But again, they needed a leader who was anti-science, no matter if it's unrealistic.
Nov 9, 2019 8:09 PM

Apr 2012
Hegar said:
RobertBobert said:
So, is Tsukasa actually a millenial on steroids? His whole obsessive war with adults, naive anti-capitalism and speeches about nature, definitely remind me of something.

It's more like they needed someone who was the antithesis to the scientific approach. He was made to fit that.

Of course, as I'm not the first to point out, in his approach the one who is the strongest is conveniently on top, just like what he complained about. There is no democracy there. And no protection through the law, like there was in the old society.

Maybe Tsukasa truly will rule as an enlightened despot. But after him, only the despot part remains.

Ah, it goes up and down with dictatorships. and dictatorships work better the smaller they are, so that the ruler has to be in close contact with the ruled. There is a big difference between a tribal chief and someone who rules from afar. The tribal chief may in theory be a dictator but rules with the consent of the tribe.

Still. There'd be plenty of tribal chiefs and plenty of wars. Thinking of "tribes", I remember the story of the Indians in what is now the north-eastern U.S. - the reason the area had so few people was the immense genocidal war that had taken place right before Europeans arrived, with one tribe spreading out to massacre others. And this wasn't the first time.

Tsukasa is simply setting up this endless process for a few thousand years, while science slowly advances.

I think in reality anyone would understand that. But again, they needed a leader who was anti-science, no matter if it's unrealistic.

So, you want to say that Tsukasa is logical antagonist for Senku, but his goals themselves obviously do not make sense?
Nov 9, 2019 9:19 PM

May 2016
Hegar said:

Yes, one crossbow bolt was unable to take out Tsukasa. But make two dozen of them to defeat his army, or at least make them run. It seems like the obvious weapon to make. As long as you have the knowledge, which Senku does.

Crossbows, even though they are more powerful, take too long to reload, making Senku and his army vulnerable to being overrun. In addition, they don't have enough men to fire an effective volley. And if they did manage to route Tsukasa's army on their first attempt it wouldn't take them long to construct wooden tower shields to protect themselves, which would then make the crossbows virtually useless.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 10, 2019 12:42 AM

Oct 2008
Creating smartphones from stone age!? that escalated quickly!
this show still rocks and the enjoyment never stops!
5/5.

Nov 10, 2019 3:26 AM

Jul 2016
RyuiZaya said:
When that pink-haired girl was appeared. I was like ‘wow, all girls in this anime look the same, just different hair style and color’

My reaction when Senkuu said he’s gonna make phone was exactly same as Gen’s reaction. Phone is out of my expectation really.

But at least this anime didn’t turn to be a real war of gun/sword/blood/fighting. And Senkuu keeps using his brain for fighting, I’m glad.

the pink haired girl looked so stupid
Nov 10, 2019 4:07 AM

Aug 2012
DirectorK said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Well, if you need to buy time, the best way to do that is to slow down Tsukasa's army by blocking and cutting off all the roads and trails leading to the village. This would force Tsukasa to search for and take an longer route. With that, you might be able to buy a few days to a week to get the civilians safe and far away while you set up your booby traps.

Guerilla tactics may work, but how about the scorched land tactic? Poison every water source near to the village of the enemy , and the set a fire around it.

I already mentioned about making sure they don't obtain any food or water. Using fire would seem effective but I wouldn't do it in dense forest area because once gets out of control it won't stop until there's nothing left to burn.

Anther tactics they could use if they had more people would be creating a wall around the enemy camp like the romans did to the gals. there are many strategies, but with limited resources two ways radios and well placed speakers is their best bet.

A nice idea, but like you said not enough man power and it would take too long with the technology they have. Plus, there's no way you would be able to keep that secret without the enemy noticing. A better idea would be to lead them into a canyon and then use explosives to trap them inside while cutting off any escape route.

good points. I think fire can be contained but it depends on the geography of the place, from rivers to wind and so on. Also consider that not all wood burns at the same temperature
DirectorK said:
Hegar said:

Crossbows, even though they are more powerful, take too long to reload, making Senku and his army vulnerable to being overrun. In addition, they don't have enough men to fire an effective volley. And if they did manage to route Tsukasa's army on their first attempt it wouldn't take them long to construct wooden tower shields to protect themselves, which would then make the crossbows virtually useless.

About your crossbow issues there are a number of different solutions:
1. have groups of crossbomen set so when one group fires the other(s) reload
2. have people just reloading crossbows for the people firing behind giant shields
3. have a crossbow that can shoot up to 20 arrows
Note that all 3 version have been successfully used in history
Also having a number of crossbows preloaded will work
nightcrawlercypNov 10, 2019 4:16 AM
Nov 10, 2019 6:03 AM
May 2019
Why you guys so stupid?

Senku don't want to hurt everyone, scare them is better weapon for him, he choose katana over crossbow because it's obvious.

he not want kill them, he is shonen main character in a slice of life comedic plot so even he made deadly weapon its never used for killing human (he maybe talk about self defense but no one really died over his action)
Nov 10, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Ah.. EP19 already and the real war hasn't even started. How is Senku going to discover the green light phenomenon cause, develop gun powder and come to resolution with Tsukasa in just 5 episodes? Tight squeeze.

They skipped the detail of making Katana that was a real fast-forward and now developing communication? It took them 6 months (how many episodes again?) to develop the medicine i can't see how this is happening in a week if Senku is really going for circuit boards as shown on the science roadmap. Still, 5 episodes left, i guess i can hope for S2.
Nov 10, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
Man I though Suika was going to die! Thank god she didn't. Suika Is adorable I love her so much!
Nov 10, 2019 1:44 PM

Nov 2013
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
has anybody notices something in Tsukasa's village, like people whom somehow didn't experience any form of petification , cu'z it looks like that Fire Bitch Homura and that Blond bitch in red don't look like they've been through it ?????????????????

Homura has crack on her leg.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 10, 2019 3:07 PM
Nov 2019
el3mel said:
The last 2 episodes were back to pretty much everything I hated about the show in its earlier episodes, from the over the top scene and ridiculous logic to end encounters.

I hope with that phone stuff the series will return to what it were before these last 2 episodes.

The show is better when focusing on science rather than these ridiculous encounters and fights.

Boy, I would imagine you would hate eyeshield 21
Nov 10, 2019 3:11 PM
Nov 2019
Klad said:
Terrible all around. The geographical positions of the characters during the battle didn't even make sense too. Like, Senku and the main girl were in the village a moment ago, and suddenly they appear next to Suika to save her? Also why would Hyoga and his crew get baited and run to catch Suika? So bad.

cellphones? Really? Lol

Never heard of a decoy? Hyoga followed because the majority followed suika. And for the geography thing, that's not an arguement, or basically saying, how did they make a lightbulb in such short time... just because it wasnt shown doesnt mean it's magic...
Nov 10, 2019 3:26 PM
Nov 2019
BlindSniper said:
is this show even trying to make sense anymore?

or is it just senku laughing cockily 50 times an episode, saying his catch phrase, and everybody saying science every 30 seconds?

and why is the budget dropping each episode? this is essentially stills now

It's funny how out of everyone giving vaild reasons and stuff, you just said "lol makes no sense" what part? Going past this episode in your review for the show, your take on what it should have been is literally just a different coat. The author of dr.stone is the author of eyeshield 21, and Imagine you hate, they have appropriate anime troupes in dr.stone, because what do you expect in a anime like this, society is literally built on science, so you want a high schooler level person to be the main character?, I'm sorry but that's bad logic. And going back to the writing it's not cat and mouse since senku was "dead" the goal is to advance civ back to where it once was, that means killing is meaningless, if he wants to revive all that he can. And you would hate eyeshield because everything in it like high schoolers building a giant pyramid to get better at football, would make you have a heart attack lol
Nov 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
I love the concept of the story and its characters but I don't like the lack of fluid animations combined with the physical pacing of whats happening with who and when. If this keeps up I might just starting reading the manga.
Nov 10, 2019 8:24 PM

Feb 2015
The animation quality went down a bit. So, the village ended really punished, and the idea of counterattack first is not that bad, we don’t know how they are gonna explode the phone’s potential, but the use of communication could give them great advantage, I forgot about Taiju and Yuzuriha.
Nov 10, 2019 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an episode! Glad they managed to win this first battle.

Hmmm i may be wrong but i think that collecting shells and making the potion is much easier than making a phone xD
Still, can't believe they will really make a phone! Hope this season ends with them crushing Tsukasa's empire!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 11, 2019 4:50 AM
Jul 2019
Dmndplatinum said:
el3mel said:

Boy, I would imagine you would hate eyeshield 21

Well if you checked I actually watched it and rated it 7. It lost 3 marks because I didn't like the first 40-50 episodes and though it was way too childish for me, only Hiruma was keeping me on. However it earned 7 marks thanks to the incredible match scenarios starting from their match against those swimmers. At the end I felt like it was a good suggestion to stick with it through the rough start.

I know that both Dr stone and Eyeshield have the same writer though I'm not sure about the relation here. This is a science fiction shounen and this is a sports anime. Of course expectation from each one of them will be kinda different. Dr Stone has been great whenever it focused on scientific and chemical explorations and ideas, but the main villain is over the top to a BS level and fighting scenes are terrible. You just know the show isn't supposed to be about these anyway but are just there because it's a shounen. Conclusion of fights also make zero sense and explanation is done in a pretty rushed way and some times, pretty childish for a sci-fi show.
el3melNov 11, 2019 12:05 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.