Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion

Nov 11, 4:50 AM
Dmndplatinum said:
el3mel said:
The last 2 episodes were back to pretty much everything I hated about the show in its earlier episodes, from the over the top scene and ridiculous logic to end encounters.

I hope with that phone stuff the series will return to what it were before these last 2 episodes.

The show is better when focusing on science rather than these ridiculous encounters and fights.

Boy, I would imagine you would hate eyeshield 21

Well if you checked I actually watched it and rated it 7. It lost 3 marks because I didn't like the first 40-50 episodes and though it was way too childish for me, only Hiruma was keeping me on. However it earned 7 marks thanks to the incredible match scenarios starting from their match against those swimmers. At the end I felt like it was a good suggestion to stick with it through the rough start.

I know that both Dr stone and Eyeshield have the same writer though I'm not sure about the relation here. This is a science fiction shounen and this is a sports anime. Of course expectation from each one of them will be kinda different. Dr Stone has been great whenever it focused on scientific and chemical explorations and ideas, but the main villain is over the top to a BS level and fighting scenes are terrible. You just know the show isn't supposed to be about these anyway but are just there because it's a shounen. Conclusion of fights also make zero sense and explanation is done in a pretty rushed way and some times, pretty childish for a sci-fi show.
Modified by el3mel, Nov 11, 12:05 PM

Nov 11, 5:22 AM

It was certainly nice to get some insight into the Tsukasa empire and his new warriors got some skills and nice thighs xD but thanks to Suika and mother nature they managed to survive this round.

Quite exciting development and I'm looking forward to the phone. It's quite crazy to follow all these steps to reach this goal, especially under the given circumstances that you can't simply buy the components and without any instructions, but Senku is a man with vision.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Nov 11, 7:47 AM
el3mel said:
Dmndplatinum said:

Boy, I would imagine you would hate eyeshield 21

Well if you checked I actually watched it and rated it 7. It lost 3 marks because I didn't like the first 40-50 episodes and though it was way too childish for me, only Hiruma was keeping me on. However it earned 7 marks thanks to the incredible match scenarios starting from their match against those swimmers. At the end I felt like it was a good suggestion to stick with it through the rough start.

I know that both Dr stone and Eyeshield have the same writer though I'm not sure about the relation here. This science fiction shounen and this is a sports anime. Of course expectation from each one of them will be kinda different. Dr Stone has been great whenever it focused on scientific and chemical explorations and ideas, but the main villain is over the top to a BS level and fighting scenes are terrible. You just know the show isn't supposed to be about these anyway but are just there because it's a shounen. Conclusion of fights also make zero scene and explanation is done in a pretty rushed way and some times, pretty childish for a sci-fi show.

I was. Ot expecting to agree but I do, I dont think it ruins the show when tsukasa is on screen but it's just not as good, heard it gets better. And the thing I like in both dr.stone and eyeshield is it can be sometimes childish, like how senku through powder on kinross, or that high school tjat5 built a literal pyramid

Nov 11, 12:01 PM
nightcrawlercyp said:
cellular phones cannot work without a satellite and all crashed. At most they can build walkie talkies. I hope the series does not fuckup the science behind things
iam a manga reader and he will build a really basic/simple/old phone so don't worry the author will not fuckuo the science

Nov 11, 7:25 PM

oh look...

it's the stone heads of people that I talked about back in episode 1 and 2's thread where someone else attempted to bash me saying TsukASSa didn't kill anyone...

___ ___ ___

I still can't wait for Senku to gear up everyone and start razing TsukASSa's empire. In my point of view, most of them don't deserve to live... (oh yea, totally old dudes are bad and should all be killed, yea, the young people are totally immortal and doesn't glow old, yea... and TsukASSa totally isn't expanding and taking land as his own and acting like a dictator, yes...)

___ ___ ___

BTW... was that a "Death Star" when Senku talked about making "modern tech"? LUL
Modified by amlg, Nov 11, 7:40 PM
Currently (slowly) adding My Anime List (from word doc) to this site
800+ watched anime series
Not doing My Manga List, cause I have over 2800 read manga series (if counting one shot/ side stories = 3500+) will take way too long to do.

Yesterday, 5:02 PM

Tsukasa's managed to de-petrify one of the "masters" added into his numbers, Homura Hyoga. Definitely more of a strategist first than a warrior second. A little bit of insight into the "old world" that is primitive as expected from Tsukasa. And Asagiri Gen as advisor is frightened...until the eventual meet of Senku and a bottle of cola changed his mind.

And what should I have expected, betrayals (but more of a testing ground) at least for Hyoga. But in Mother Nature's battle, the sulfur maiden-ghost makes a comeback as a total 100% neutrality. And definitely some part of Suika's. All this results in an early victory.

In what could be the biggest uproar in the stone age, Senku is making phones a.k.a communication devices??? OH BUT WAIT...is Taiju and Yuzuriha making a comeback AFTER ALL THIS WHILE??? And the biggest cover-up is uncovered to tell Tsukasa that all he prepared beforehand, it wasn't all for naught, but kinda a HARD slap to the face.

Pretty exciting stuff!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]