Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 7, 8:12 AM

Why is nobody talking about this? I read both and a fan of both but as I continue to catch up on Bokuben, I seen so many ideas 5-toubun copied from Bokuben this is honestly worst than Bleach ripping off YYH

Nov 7, 8:44 AM

Why is not talking about the fact Yotsuba is best girl?

Nov 8, 2:36 PM

Haunt88 said:
Why is nobody talking about this? I read both and a fan of both but as I continue to catch up on Bokuben, I seen so many ideas 5-toubun copied from Bokuben this is honestly worst than Bleach ripping off YYH

Oneshot predates Bokuben.

Nov 10, 4:23 AM

bastek66 said:
Haunt88 said:

I've read the oneshot lol only covers chapter 1 which means nothing, there's no plot not even a premise to be copy there yet, even the most basic idea lol he just met the quints in that oneshot nothing more

Nov 10, 4:55 AM

Both shows are...well, harems, but 5-toubun is better than Bokuben in my opinion, so I don't care if it ripped it off
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

Nov 10, 5:23 AM

Haunt88 said:
bastek66 said:

I've read the oneshot lol only covers chapter 1 which means nothing, there's no plot not even a premise to be copy there yet, even the most basic idea lol he just met the quints in that oneshot nothing more

Are you dumb or something? Basic premise was Fuutaro being tutor for them. What else should be there? It was only oneshot that after few months was picked up for serialization.

Nov 10, 5:30 AM
I don't really mind. At least, go toubun is better.
ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹᵃʲᵒ ⁿᵒ ᵀᵃᵇᶦᵗᵃᵇᶦ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉ ˣ⁾

Nov 10, 7:15 AM
Nobody talks about this because it's stupid.

Nov 12, 9:43 AM

Gotoubun is way better so nobody cares
6 and 7 are good scores

Nov 12, 10:14 AM
Both got problems.
I personally think bokuben is more hilarious

Nov 12, 12:10 PM

They're both very different manga/anime with a similar premise, and I think I heard from somewhere that the authors were friends. Can't remember where I heard that, r/manga I think.
I personally enjoy them both for different reasons, 5-toubun for the drama, and Bokuben for the comedy.
It's not too much of a big deal. :3

chomp

Nov 12, 1:30 PM

Not really, in my opinion.
Honestly, I only see BokuBen as a typical, cliche harem show. Not saying is bad, just that most of the outcomes are really predictable. Not to mentioned that the main character is as well nothing spectacular, and doesn't offer anything different from other MC's in these situations.

As for Gotoubon, is kinda more Drama and less ecchi elements, with a unique protagonist as well.

Nov 12, 1:32 PM

Nobody talks about it because it isn't a ripoff. 🤷‍♂️

Nov 16, 6:32 PM

Caught up with both and enjoy both, but 5bun is a pretty big step up from BokuBen. Mainly because the MC isn't a cringelord. Honestly Nariyuki sucks.

Nov 17, 6:53 AM

Who the fuck cares? It's like comparing Luffy to Goku, sure they share some similarities but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the character.

Bokuben isn't exactly the most original premise anyways.

Imo the characters in 5Toubun are masterfully crafted into the themes of the story. I don't even care for "best girl" winning anymore because of this masterpiece.
"Legal translators and subbers for anime/manga are like the Shichibukai, basically pirates hired by companies to keep other pirates in check."-SuperRed

Nov 19, 10:04 AM

5 toubun is drama heavy while bokuben is more SOL ROM COM to the core. they are not even comparable to begin with.

eXtripa69 said:
Honestly, I only see BokuBen as a typical, cliche harem show. Not saying is bad, just that most of the outcomes are really predictable. Not to mentioned that the main character is as well nothing spectacular, and doesn't offer anything different from other MC's in these situations.

As for Gotoubon, is kinda more Drama and less ecchi elements, with a unique protagonist as well.

drunksecrets said:
Caught up with both and enjoy both, but 5bun is a pretty big step up from BokuBen. Mainly because the MC isn't a cringelord. Honestly Nariyuki sucks.

yoo, don't dare diss my moeyuki like that. while fuutarou doing great to impress a girl that isn't even real, moeyuki already thinking his poor family circumstances to take a scholar degree with most scholarship that take the least burden to his family and give him fastest result to be independent. he also inspire those girl to work as hard as him without drama involved. he know personally each girl and find best method to teach each of them varying from their personalities. he also use the most optimal way to reach each their specific goal of the girl he teach based on circumstances using their weakness and strength.

after all, moeyuki strongest strength over fuutarou is how personal he is with each of the girl with his tendering care. he try his best to understood them even if the condition didn't demand him. he try to be accept her student. he doing this in very sincere and honest way even it was started as something he forced to.

in a way, it take more outlook with teacher-student relationship portrayed where "moeyuki" as teacher stand out over the rest. he found more idealism in the teaching and counseling in a way that it was also his own self reflection rather than more conservative pragmatism memory teaching. in the end, rather than clash of interest fuutarou, moeyuki found inspiration from the girl he teach to to works hardest for his own goal.
Modified by Kuma, Nov 19, 10:10 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Nov 19, 5:22 PM
YggdraSEED said:

If that was the case, then all isekais and harem shows in general would be labeled as copies. Just a bunch of dumb reasoning I see from your pov

Dec 1, 4:41 AM
Has anything actually happened in we never learn.from what I can tell more has happened in 112 chapters of this then like 130 chapters of we never learn

Dec 1, 8:58 AM

Supersky said:
YggdraSEED said:

If that was the case, then all isekais and harem shows in general would be labeled as copies. Just a bunch of dumb reasoning I see from your pov

Wut? Dude you're confusing basic premise and genres

Also what I'm talking about is plot points and ideas, which you would've agreed on if you actually seen YYH and Bleach or read both BokuBen and 5toubun

Dec 1, 9:01 AM

Mattinator95 said:
Has anything actually happened in we never learn.from what I can tell more has happened in 112 chapters of this then like 130 chapters of we never learn

Unfair comparison dude, while yeah Bokuben has more chapters, it's comedy centered, so obviously 5toubun has more plot progression

But yeah to answer your question, a lot has happened even in BokuBen's just 60 chapters in, a lot of ideas were already stolen by 5toubun

Dec 1, 9:43 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

It wouldn't get published if it was a rip-off.

Dec 3, 10:22 AM
Let's just be honest, all harems rip each other off in a ridiculous never ending cycle of garbage.

Preview MangaManga Store