Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 6, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Their play performanced turned out to be a sensation after all. Nice.

A relaxing episode but is still had some school drama stuff. Felt bad for Haru as she got bullied by the other animals at school. On the other hand, I think it's interesting that the show continues to build more into her character personality and Legosi.
Nov 6, 2019 12:34 PM
Jul 2016
Quite an enjoyable episode. This is not a spoiler, but they only adapted 3 chapters for this episode instead of the usual 4. I don't know what their intentions are, but it's probably to make the pacing fit the anime. Also, that scene with Haru and Lui tho
Nov 6, 2019 2:21 PM

Nov 2014
All the drooping ears and wagging tails are way too fucking cute in this episode.
I'm seriously turning into a furry
Jack. Best bro.
can't wait for next arc to truly begin. That's when Beastars finally begin to unleash its full badassery and you see it for what it truly is. And how different, special, and unique it can be and how it's not just your typical school shoujo romance comedy whatnots and has a huge potential.

dunno why they made louis push Legosi forward with a hand on his back when his back is injured:

he put his hand on legosi' shoulder instead of back in the manga, which makes a lot more sense:

also, louis had his crutches when he talked to the fangirls ↑ but for some reason he didn't in the anime. this is a major change in the conclusion of this arc. in the manga, the reporter girl would have realized that louis injured his foot that's why Adler was someone else on the second day performance, and what Louis said about the whole being planned was bullshit. but in the anime, he looks just fine so everyone bought his lies easily. plus, just now realized that louis also had his foot on cast when he appeared on stage (look at his foot):

Anime also completely cut out the aftermath of their fight and the conversation between Bill and Legosi and how they've gotten over their (Legosi's one-sided) hatred of the other and are buddies now:

Also fuck u netflix

Jet44 said:
Quite an enjoyable episode. This is not a spoiler, but they only adapted 3 chapters for this episode instead of the usual 4. I don't know what their intentions are, but it's probably to make the pacing fit the anime. Also, that scene with Haru and Lui tho

I had expected them to adapt at least 4 chapters this episode and get to the introduction of a certain new character.
ttcchenNov 7, 2019 3:28 PM
Nov 6, 2019 2:44 PM
Mar 2019
they will probably not adapt the chicken episode, it isn't relevant to the history :/
Nov 6, 2019 6:18 PM

Nov 2010
Tension was released in this episode. In such a slice of life mood, the best scene for me was the trimming photo. Of course, I'm not a female "beast maniac".

The behavior like knee-jerk reflex was kind of difficult to take as an urge to escape.
Nov 6, 2019 6:33 PM
Jul 2014
Network99 said:
they will probably not adapt the chicken episode, it isn't relevant to the history :/

They have a cast for Legom the hen.
https://myanimelist.net/character/174966/Legom

I think they can put it as an episode starting short story and then continue with opening and the relevant stuff.
Nov 6, 2019 7:26 PM
Jul 2016
nhtctn said:
Network99 said:

I think they can put it as an episode starting short story and then continue with opening and the relevant stuff.

Yeah i can see that, probably only gonna take up to 3-5 mins of the episode though
Nov 6, 2019 8:19 PM

Oct 2015
If I would see Louis in person he would definitely have my respect. That thing oozes dignity from left to right, he has that stature and aura that you can't help but commend.

As for Legoshi, I find his innocent love cute in a sense, too bad he's in love with a hopper like Haru. I can't believe she had sex Louis, and I think it's been happening quite a while too.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 6, 2019 8:43 PM

Mar 2016
So Haru says she only bangs one dude and that's it, but why is that I feel that Louis and her had more than one 'encounter'?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 6, 2019 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
This just keep getting better and better with each episode!
I haven't read the manga but I think I will once the anime is over.
Nov 6, 2019 11:43 PM
Nov 7, 2019 3:37 AM

Sep 2019
Welp, I'm certainly enjoying this enough to feel bad for the people who either dismissed it instantly due to their own (and biased) impression or dropped it due to CG and certain story elements (like that one person who dropped it for Haru's actions/rep).

But... oof... I did NOT expect relationship drama to come into play. Then again, what should have I expected, this based in a high-school setting.

Poor, innocent Legosi. While small talk IS the worst, but it's just something you have to roll with, like a wave. Also, my poor boy, trapped within the ol' awkward "it's way too late to ask <insert question>"

Man, I'm really invested into this, but the voice at the back of my mind is screaming "yeah, that's nice, but WHAT ABOUT THAT MURDER?!"
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Nov 7, 2019 4:00 AM
Jun 2017
LOVE THAT LEGOSI AND HARU MOMENT... especially the part where their face meets each other... how i wish they can be closer to one another.
Nov 7, 2019 4:12 AM

Mar 2016
ttcchen said:
el_morris said:
So Haru says she only bangs one dude and that's it, but why is that I feel that Louis and her had more than one 'encounter'?

they have a special relationship. you can almost say they're boyfriend and girlfriend

Wait a second... So Haru is a whore, and now after saying what she said to those bunnies that bullied her while having a relationship with Louis, she's also a hypocrite? She's more scummy than I thought.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 7, 2019 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
StormShaun said:
But... oof... I did NOT expect relationship drama to come into play. Then again, what should have I expected, this based in a high-school setting.

Tbh, most of the story happened outside of the high school... you'll see a hint of what Beastars has to offer in the next episode. The only thing school plays in this story is its characters. Aside from that, the main cast spent most of their time outside of school...

el_morris said:
ttcchen said:

they have a special relationship. you can almost say they're boyfriend and girlfriend

Wait a second... So Haru is a whore, and now after saying what she said to those bunnies that bullied her while having a relationship with Louis, she's also a hypocrite? She's more scummy than I thought.
what are you talking about?? And Haru ain't a whore. Watch your words.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperNov 8, 2019 6:04 AM
Nov 7, 2019 6:24 AM
Jun 2019
ttcchen said:

can't wait for next arc to truly begin. That's when Beastars finally begin to unleash its full badassery and you see it for what it truly is. And how different, special, and unique it can be and how it's not just your typical school shoujo romance comedy whatnots and has a huge potential.

if i remember correctly the next episode is where they will cover the back alley market
manofhonor1
Nov 7, 2019 6:27 AM

Oct 2017
Lol so even Louise has that type of relationship with Haru or maybe they r even more intimate. More drama in this episode but that last scene was quite charming. Haru and Legosi looking face to face was really cute.
Nov 7, 2019 7:27 AM

Jun 2009
nhtctn said:
Network99 said:

Thank goodness. If they left out best girl Legom, I would have been really upset.
Nov 7, 2019 8:13 AM

Nov 2016
Even Louis is doing it with Haru and it even seemed like he's interested in more than just sex.

Really enjoyable episode again. Loved the conversation between Legoshi and Haru or rather the attempt and the last scene where the latter "got his tail dirty" was pretty heartwarming.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2019 12:37 PM

Dec 2016
Woah! Louis is picking on Haru! That doesn't sound good cuz I'm feeling goosebumps just thinking what Legoshi'll do when he finds out his crush did it with someone else. It might get ugly ><;

The moment while your feeling confident confronting the bullies and then realize they didn't fear you but something else. Gold!

Great episode ;) Love is in the air~

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 7, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2008
I understand why they would not show the spicier bits of the Louis/Haru scene, and in fact I really didn't want to see that 😂, but even so it was significant and nuanced and I'm sad anime-onlys won't know about Haru finding Louis' expression lonely even during sex. It says so much about him.

On the other hand I'm very happy with how faithful to the manga the lunch scene turned out.

ttcchen said:
dunno why they made louis push Legosi forward with a hand on his back when his back is injured:

he put his hand on legosi' shoulder instead of back in the manga, which makes a lot more sense:

What the fuck, Orange?
Nov 7, 2019 1:43 PM

Jul 2017
Oof poor Legosi being in love with someone who's clearly more than just friends with Louis of all people

But wholly the performance from the VA's in this show let alone Legosi has been really great so far
Nov 7, 2019 2:15 PM
Jul 2014
raccoon-child said:
I'm sad anime-onlys won't know about Haru finding Louis' expression lonely even during sex. It says so much about him.

I'm slowly reading behind the scenes in the Anime so I don't spoil myself since I picked it up right after it started airing. That would have a been a nice add, since we get to see Louis' face anyways. Otherwise, so long as we could have seen Haru's concern in some form that would have been nice too. Thanks for pointing this out!!

ttcchen said:

Thanks for this! I was also surprised Legosi didn't react when I saw that Louis had pushed both of them forward. Legosi clearly doesn't like to be in the limelight so even if Louis' push was soft, I'm certain Legosi would of held his ground and irked in some way. Oh well.

I do find their version a little interesting. So, in the Manga panel that kind of presentation shows how Louis is in more favor of Legosi than Bill even if he's crunching onto his shoulder and Bill's back (as an obvious payback for what he did to Legosi). But, in the Anime they seem to erase any notion of that. I may be a minority in this, but I think this is a good move or edit that could have possibly come from or have gotten the OK from Itagaki herself in production. EVEN THOUGH I really feel that the original Manga is so much more impactful and intriguing of Louis' usual demeanor. If Louis would have been physically punishing on the 2 in the Anime as he was in the Manga, I think it would exacerbate how Bill and Legosi would be able to remain calm and composed in front of the crowd of school journalists in their presence, watching their every move and recording their ever word. To me, it further portrays Louis' sense of what he believes a Beastar would be. Even though I think it'd be amazing to see that darker contrast to Louis' personality, I feel that the scene he had with Haru was already impactful enough on what some might find as behavior befitting a Beastar.

Basically, they might not be showing the spicier goods of the original just to capture a larger audience. Typical corporate, management moves that we can expect to see forward when contrasting the 2 forms. Poo, honestly, but it's still fantastic.

Knowing that Haru has a much more cordial relationship with Louis was something I had already guessed initially, and I typically wouldn't be as moved in these sorts of wonky triangles, but because it also involves Legosi I am on the Drama Hype Train all the freaking way.

Also, I'm not a furry. But I could care less if anyone calls me one for this being my favorite Anime of the season at the moment with the only other tie being Hoshiai no Sora (which got delayed to next week when it should of been today... GAH). Can the week go by already lol...
aystrumNov 7, 2019 2:21 PM
Nov 7, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2019
Cute episode.

But all I can really say (and maybe Haru too) is…
OH DEER!!!
Nov 7, 2019 3:48 PM

Jul 2015
Legosi and Haru sure took a dang long time to finally start actually interacting properly. AND IT'S SO AWKWARD AND BEAUTIFUL. GOD That was just such a freaking treat watching the two of them struggle so much to figure something out.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 7, 2019 4:32 PM

Apr 2015
raccoon-child said:
I understand why they would not show the spicier bits of the Louis/Haru scene, and in fact I really didn't want to see that 😂, but even so it was significant and nuanced and I'm sad anime-onlys won't know about Haru finding Louis' expression lonely even during sex. It says so much about him.

On the other hand I'm very happy with how faithful to the manga the lunch scene turned out.

ttcchen said:

What the fuck, Orange?

Uhhh, you know that the scene between Louis and Haru you're referencing to is right after the black market chapters,lol. Chances are that moment might be the beginning of Episode 7,lol.
Nov 7, 2019 4:41 PM

Jul 2017
The "act" last episode was a frightening one for Legosi, disregarding the truth between carnivores between himself and Haru. Due to the whole fiasco, it was a scoop unlike any other.

But Louis and Haru???? WHAT GIVES??? Even the greatest showman can't be awry of the advances of the little rabbit. With that said, I need more of Haru, she's not just a petite slut of a rabbit, but one that can hold well in adversity for even this long.

Most critically, the interaction between Haru and Legosi is STILL AWKWARD from that time. BUT, interesting to know of their individual thoughts for someone who has never known love and the other using love for extreme means. But wow the last moments, though coincidences, they start to know each other. Intimately, that while the manga was splendid on its own, this anime adaptation amplified it so greatly that I teared up. Good stuff.

This episode honestly is just great. No kidding.
KANLen09Nov 7, 2019 5:03 PM
Nov 7, 2019 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
Not a big fan of this episode. The first 4 episodes were excellent for me, but this episode doesn't give me a lot of promise for what's to come.
Nov 7, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2017
how is this so good omfg

Haru is really cute, and legosi as pure as ever. I have bad feeling about this romance tho, doesn't look like there's any way this could end happily.

Let's see . . .
The insert song at the end as well the ED felt pretty good this week

ttcchen said:

Also fuck u netflix

Netflix jail, as stupid as ever. How can they not get this simple concept on simulcast through their thicc ass skulls is beyond me.
Nobody got time to wait 4 months for an anime when you can pirate a fansub 2 days later

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperNov 8, 2019 6:05 AM
Nov 7, 2019 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
Aniik8pv2 said:
ttcchen said:

Also fuck u netflix

Netflix jail, as stupid as ever. How can they not get this simple concept on simulcast through their thicc ass skulls is beyond me.
Nobody got time to wait 4 months for an anime when you can pirate a fansub 2 days later
no one's gonna watch it when it's out. A retarded move on Netflix's part, if u ask me
Nov 7, 2019 7:21 PM

Apr 2018
Legosi's set of friends looks really nice and love has sparked for legosi
Nov 8, 2019 1:08 AM
Sep 2018
Retolee said:
Not a big fan of this episode. The first 4 episodes were excellent for me, but this episode doesn't give me a lot of promise for what's to come.
Don't worry, the story doesn't become a cheesy romance drama if thats what you were concerned about, if anything it becomes even grittier than the stage play; much, much more grittier
Nov 8, 2019 4:09 AM

May 2019
I liked the dark tone of this episode. Also, I wonder how Legosi's character would cope with the knowledge that his idol and the one he loves slept together while he fantasised about talking to her? It'd be interesting characterisation.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 8, 2019 5:26 AM

Feb 2014
Legosi is so us at the dates. Dude needs his space and time.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 8, 2019 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
mar1217 said:
raccoon-child said:

What the fuck, Orange?

Uhhh, you know that the scene between Louis and Haru you're referencing to is right after the black market chapters,lol. Chances are that moment might be the beginning of Episode 7,lol.

THIS. There's another similar scene which is more passionate that will appear later on. This isn't it.

This episode was great, I liked watching reactions on YouTube, specifically on how people found out Haru and Louis were sleeping together.

I can't wait for the next episode as usual. I keep rereading the manga because it's just that good.

I can't wait for the OST to come out, definitely buying it. That song that played in the last scene when Legosi and Haru met eye to eye was so sweet. I think this is the second time they played it.
臭い-
Nov 8, 2019 6:07 AM

May 2014
Haru is adorable. That scene with her at the table with Legoshi was very well done. Her instincts telling her to run away.

So has it not been announced how many episodes this is going to be? I'm assuming 11-13.
Nov 8, 2019 6:56 AM

Feb 2018
Legosi tried to get close to Haru.The things he did is the same as when I meet my crush.

Nov 8, 2019 2:37 PM
Aug 2011
fancyjasper said:
Haru is adorable. That scene with her at the table with Legoshi was very well done. Her instincts telling her to run away.

So has it not been announced how many episodes this is going to be? I'm assuming 11-13.

Curious why they have not announced a number, unless they plan on doing more past 13 but I doubt it given what they said about starting production right after land of the lustrous.
Nov 8, 2019 3:02 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Legosi finally got to meet Haru normally
Nov 8, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2016
@ttcchen
well, some reaction are out of Legosi's character, like that staring "contest" or last two pictures and I don't think they were essential to the plot.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Nov 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
@ttcchen
well, some reaction are out of Legosi's character, like that staring "contest" or last two pictures and I don't think they were essential to the plot.

I posted the manga pages to show people what the anime didn't adapt. It's not a "fuck Orange why did they take out that scene!??" more like a "y'all anime readers this is what you missed hope you enjoy" kind of intent.

Secondly, they might not be essential to the plot, however they help demonstrate Bill and Legosi's relationship, and that neither of them really held grudges for what happened (as shown in Legosi saying "scratch my back some more and even if I'm covered in stripes I'm different from you". If he can say that that means he's already gotten over the scratches.)
Nov 8, 2019 6:26 PM
Apr 2019
That last line in the episode was so heart meltingly sweet.
Nov 8, 2019 8:25 PM

Nov 2011
Hell yes what an amazing episode! Haru boasting after Legosi scared those girls away was hilarious lol.

I love the animal affects used in this anime as well. Like Happy Legosi at the end wagging his tail was so good!!!

But Damn looks like Haru and Louis are already hot and heavy. Yikes.

Legosi is growing into one of my favorite characters this year.

Side note: The VA for Legosi and Haru are so good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 2019 10:12 PM

Sep 2017
Man this show is so good. So many great things I could go on about this episode, but instead I'm just gonna say omg I didn't realize the insane size difference between Legoshi and Haru. Dude towers over her.
Nov 9, 2019 3:51 AM

Dec 2014
First the wolf wants to eat the rabbit ...now he wants to make love with it
Nov 9, 2019 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
the small 2d bit of legoshi walking on a treadmill was so cute... i hope we see more of that kind of animation

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Nov 9, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
Legosi is so cute >_<
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 9, 2019 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
That "performance" caused quite a stir as expected, but Louis-senpai dealt well with it all, and the problem ended between the three of them. At least for now. And I'm going into "dangerous" furry ground by saying this, but shirtless Legoshi was hot. lol And I was shipping LegoshixHaru, and LegoshixLouis-senpai, but Louis-senpaixHaru is already a thing, even if it may be only something physical. Well, LegoshixHaru did make some progress though. They met again, shared a meal, which was stressful for both of them, their gaze finally met, and now they know each other's name.
Nov 9, 2019 7:38 PM
May 2012
JRoUKnoShoes said:
That last line in the episode was so heart meltingly sweet.

Yeah, that was really cute along with the tail-wagging.
Nov 9, 2019 11:56 PM

May 2018
Finally Haru and Legosi getting closer, as well as Legosi feelings getting stronger. Louis secret is the most interesting part here.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

112 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

178 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 10, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

199 by chittripper1 »»
Feb 18, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

114 by Kvistis »»
Jan 11, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Beastars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

115 by Kvistis »»
Jan 10, 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.