Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Lutz has the potential to be a merchant. I mean, he's very young and there's plenty to learn but there's time. I love how Myne gets him prepared for everything like washing his hair.

His character relationship with Myne is still a decent selling point in the anime as I see them both grow up together.
Stark700Nov 6, 2019 9:33 AM
Nov 6, 2019 9:56 AM
Dec 2017
Looks like Maine's desease will be explained, but was it necessary to tell how dangerous it is? Obviously MC will not die.
SondferNov 6, 2019 10:51 AM
Nov 6, 2019 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
Damn Otto, gotta smokin wife. You lucky dog. =3

Now we are gonna hear more about Maine's disease.
Nov 6, 2019 10:07 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode. I just can't get enough of this show. Myne and Lutz were such an amazing double act in this episode. She was there being supportive, letting him figure his future out for himself, and he decided that the thing he wanted to do most, was help out Myne with her creations.

You can start to see how the threads of this story are beginning to weave about Myne and her friends/family. The paper and other inventions she's introduced are going to finally get attention and it's going to lead her books. Can't wait for next weekl!!
Nov 6, 2019 10:11 AM

Mar 2019
man this anime have no right of being this good... It's so relaxing and fun to watch i love all character on this i was afraid of hate luzt for being cliche or something but i really surprise it's not the case ;x
Nov 6, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, Main's finally gonna craft paper
Her illness looks really serious tho, I hope she'll be fine
Nov 6, 2019 10:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Lutz will works with Maine, that's nice.
And we got to see Otto's wife lol
Nov 6, 2019 10:37 AM
Sep 2015
Otto is so turn on by smooth hair, I think we can expect his baby soon.
Nov 6, 2019 10:38 AM

Dec 2016
Great episode! Myne's progressing little by little :) I want her to succeed and make the paper!
Her condition doesn't sound good :/ Hoping nothing serious happens...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 6, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Maine is finally going to make that paper. I hope she succeeds.

Lutz is such a great character.

I like the end card of this episode by Kitora Con.

Nov 6, 2019 10:57 AM
Aug 2017
consuming, devouring, guess it's basically the same thing, but now is the question of which name we use for it because using bothe would be awkward.
We're finally getting to the part where the story starts taking off.
Nov 6, 2019 12:16 PM
Sep 2017
saifors said:
consuming, devouring, guess it's basically the same thing, but now is the question of which name we use for it because using bothe would be awkward.
We're finally getting to the part where the story starts taking off.

Devouring because that's what blastron (best WN tl), quof (official tl of LN and manga), and Crunchyroll all use.
Nov 6, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
It definitely feels like they are trying their hardest to drag this out at slowly as possible. Those pauses during that interview section were uncomfortably long, I thought my video had frozen. I still like this anime, but man is it taking forever for anything to happen.
Nov 6, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
The ending of that episode gave us a heckin cliffhanger.

Also lmfao Otto kicking Myne out to **** his wife.
Nov 6, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2017
Love how Benno's merchant sense noticed at a glance the profit potential of Myne's inventions and tried to get the shampoo recipe but was foiled by Myne's own merchant sense.

Also lol at Myne cockblocking Otto until he gave her the nails, btw it kinda irked me that witht he amount of detail they've been giving to this world the nails are not medieval but modern nails.
Nov 6, 2019 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode, with Myne and Lutz holding hand to encourage each other, then Otto with her hot wife not being able to hold himself haha, lots of people have mentioned this show can be quite sad so I imagine the cliffhanger must be the start of it, I hope it isn't that sad.
Nov 6, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2018
Another really good episode

Can't wait to see the next episode, we might finally find out something about Mine's illness
Nov 6, 2019 2:02 PM
Jan 2019
what i want to know is who is the voice actress for corinna (otto's wife) i heard her often but i just can't figure it out.
Nov 6, 2019 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
Otto just kicked Maine out in order to have sex with his wife, I didn't expect that at all but it was really hilarious

But damn, why does this show keep raising red flags about Maine at almost every episode
I already know what happened to the original Maine, but I start to have the feeling this anime could get darker at any moment now, I guess we may encounter a Sarazanmai/Madoka twist sooner or later
Nov 6, 2019 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
marc_so said:
what i want to know is who is the voice actress for corinna (otto's wife) i heard her often but i just can't figure it out.
she's Rika Kinugawa. 衣川里佳 from the ending credits.
https://myanimelist.net/people/40034/Rika_Kinugawa
you probably heard her as Yuugiri from Zombieland Saga
Nov 6, 2019 3:15 PM

Feb 2019
The scene of Main holding Lutz hand when he was afraid to speak up was so frickin cute, goals man. Everyone needs a friend like that. I ship it.

This was the first episode of this series that I genuinely enjoyed and didn't find boring. I had been trying for some time to get into it and I really wanted to appreciate it like the people on MAL, facebook, etc did, but it just wasn't resonating. It's weird because I love Houkago Saikoro which has a similar concept. But, I finally am beginning to appreciate the smaller things here. 5/5. May have to change my MAL score at the end. Gonna order the LN too.
Nov 6, 2019 6:11 PM

May 2013
This show is comf...
That's all there is to say.
Signing out.
Nov 6, 2019 7:15 PM

Dec 2009
Oh man the developments! That interaction with her and the merchant was super good omg!

Main is finally understanding the value of her ideas and using them to progress her towards her goals :D

Discussions were had in the past about how she should market her ideas to earn her way indirectly to her goal, and here it is!

And i knew it was some kind of curse. I hope she can overcome it.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 6, 2019 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
Too bad Lutz couldn't be a traveling trader, I felt bad for him. Now he'll have to help someone's dream come true, how awful.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 6, 2019 9:02 PM

May 2016
Themousen said:
Otto just kicked Maine out in order to have sex with his wife, I didn't expect that at all but it was really hilarious

Can you blame the guy? If I was in his shoes and my wife came out looking like that I would have done the same thing! XD
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 6, 2019 9:09 PM

Mar 2019
7.16 score.... i guess people is heartless or blind...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 6, 2019 9:11 PM

Apr 2009
lol Otto got rid of Myne so he could get it on with his wife. I just love the interactions between the characters. Brightens up my week. Never thought this show would be one of the shows I most look forward to weekly, especially having almost not tried it out. The ending was ominous.
Nov 6, 2019 10:10 PM
Aug 2019
The one who will take Myne as his assistant is ME DIO!
Nov 7, 2019 3:28 AM
Dec 2018
I honestly have a problem with asking 7years old children to be certain about what they want to do during the rest of their lives. x)
Nov 7, 2019 3:35 AM

Oct 2017
Oh Otto sure was in a hurry there, I wonder why XD.

Maine and Lutz works so well together and they r really trying hard which is admirable. Also that last scene, I wonder what is the devouring.
Nov 7, 2019 4:31 AM
Jan 2019
Myne should open a hair Salon - she'll increase the City's birth rate...
Nov 7, 2019 5:02 AM

May 2017
Maine and Lutz have a such wonderfull bond :")
Nov 7, 2019 6:55 AM

Mar 2018
This took quite the turn in the end too
The whole episode was actually kind of comfy
Totally forgot about her condition for a bit there ngl

Otto seems to be having lewd thoughts
And Main's Smug is.. too good xd

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 7, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2019
Other than the equipment Maine and Lutz have been working on, it looks like someone else has also been nailed so hard. The silky hair really turned on Otto lol.

Seeing Maine and Lutz work hard for their goals is really nice. Their hard work better pays off well this time.

Nov 7, 2019 9:30 AM
Dec 2017
Koldmotro said:
I honestly have a problem with asking 7years old children to be certain about what they want to do during the rest of their lives. x)

Different times - no school or something, people live way less, so kids should start working early.
Nov 7, 2019 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
Benno is freaking Koyasu, "I reject my citizenship!"

Smug Main and Otto's reaction to seeing her waifu were priceless.

We got a cliffhanger on our hands, spooky shit.
Nov 7, 2019 11:43 AM

Apr 2012
Sondfer said:
Koldmotro said:

Different times - no school or something, people live way less, so kids should start working early.

To add to that,
During that time; young children are encouraged to grow up fast by learning the skills their parents and adults have. The life expectancy of people are so low (less than 60 yrs for peasants) because the quality of life aren't as good as it is today. If you get chicken pox, measles, flu, diarrhea you're as good as dead. They also allow children as young as 10 or lower to get married too.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 7, 2019 1:16 PM
Mar 2015
Not the Devouring Don;t die Main
Nov 7, 2019 3:39 PM

Sep 2017
such a healing episode :)
Lutz and Maine look really cute together. hopefully they will make everything they need for their paper production. Otto's reaction to Corinna's hair was awesome xD
I liked Maine's comeback of course when he was like "don't you have something to do? " xD looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 7, 2019 4:07 PM

Jul 2017
HAH, Maine helping Lutz prepare for the meeting with Otto and the merchant Benno as if meeting someone else for the first time. I swear both of them look nice together the more they appear.

To be a merchant, to relinquish citizenship is just a very drastic effect in the traveling trade's industry, as much as is a dream job for children. Regardless, Maine is set on her bookworm ambitions whilst being a merchant second, and supporting Lutz when he was strained to his thoughts: by making paper.

To think that Maine would be a connoisseur at bartering (i.e. debate skills from another world), it seems that people have underestimated her potential. I mean, even for a child at this age, Maine is already like an intelligent genius to them. So easy to fool adults HAHA xD

But in condition to Maine's sickness, Benno may have a reason about it.

This series is getting good.
Nov 7, 2019 10:11 PM

Oct 2008
Guess what's the naughty feelings that i'ved sensed on this episode....guheheheh
4/5.

edit: lolz looks like so many guessed it as well haha!

Nov 8, 2019 3:32 AM

Jan 2013
I continue to read comments about this show being slow or nothing occurring but personally I'm finding the pacing to be veeery enjoyable! The episodes feel thankfully long with how much I'm learning, anticipating and loving the characters and their interactions. Sooooo many wholesome moments! Just seeing her tiny hand compared to an adult's when she is making a deal with Otto is adorably wholesome. Her interactions with Lutz are adorable! The way they cheered and supported the other during the interview and since waaaay back on the first ep. They've been very reliable with each other. The facial expressions have been awesome to see and situations are just so hilarious like Otto's response to seeing his wife, lol!

Binge watching these 6 episodes was time well spent. Out of curiosity between episodes I was following along and googled stuff like how paper is made with papyrus & the look of slate pencils. It's fun to follow her curiosity & learn a few new things along the way. All the learning and new experience are likely the reason each episode is so enjoyable to watch and feels "filling" for me.
Nov 8, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
finally the idea of trading stuff for stuff reaches her brains... but why the fuck would you stop there!!!!

for a book lover it took her THIS long to figure that one out. a real reading addict would have thought of trading ages ago. it's a shame really. I wanted to like this show for the wholesome moments but there's a line.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 8, 2019 8:36 AM

Apr 2015
Janethan23 said:
Sondfer said:

To add to that,
During that time; young children are encouraged to grow up fast by learning the skills their parents and adults have. The life expectancy of people are so low (less than 60 yrs for peasants) because the quality of life aren't as good as it is today. If you get chicken pox, measles, flu, diarrhea you're as good as dead. They also allow children as young as 10 or lower to get married too.

to add more to this:

the only reason we're seeing the freaking age of consent being 18 is because of modern medicine. in their time everyone is a pedophile by today's standards. and yes I'm also pointing out that your ancestors (actually it's probably just your grandparents) are pedophiles. care to defend your pedophilic bloodline now?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 8, 2019 5:46 PM

Dec 2016
Sondfer said:
Obviously MC will not die.

Well, technically she already died. more specific Twice when she was killed by books and OG owner of Maine's body. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 8, 2019 6:00 PM

Dec 2016
lihle808 said:
Too bad Lutz couldn't be a traveling trader, I felt bad for him. Now he'll have to help someone's dream come true, how awful.

He is still young, and honestly when Maine will successfully made paper there will be higher chances for making something like ID card and he will have chance to travel as a merchant.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 8, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2019
Loving this show. Myne can be quite the merchant too when she wants to be. Good call not giving out the secret of how to make shampoo. That's going to get her LOTS of money.

Lutz and Myne are so cute together. Lutz is going to be the one who makes and sells Myne's creations? I ship them in the distant future as husband and wife. Obviously the wife's got the brains, but Lutz would always be there to support her.

I see things are looking up for Myne (and Lutz too). Got a meeting with a merchant, and it seems the merchant's charmed by Myne. Not too sure that the merchant actually wants Lutz, I think he just wants to get on Myne's good side honestly.

Otto's wife is hot, damn the lucky bastard. Would understand why he fell in love at first sight. Otto's reaction after Corinna asked how she looked though... definitely a turn on for him lol. "M-M-Myne! Don't you have something to do?" He can't hold back. After Myne leaves, he's going to get some action lol. Child coming soon! Love the characters here, they feel different and real.

Hope we see more of Otto and Corinna honestly.
Nov 8, 2019 7:31 PM

Sep 2016
Tbh I think the "truth" about traveling merchants is not the only one truth. But anyway.

I see some people going about devouring and searching for symptoms on google for it and I'm like wut, devouring is from "to devour" and it just means what it means. Why devouring should be a illness somewhere else other than in this anime? :o
Also from the language I'm watching the anime in, another part was in the devouring thing (since they used a "-phagia" word), something something about ****c maybe? In any case, something is draining her. That for sure.

Back to the story.

Basically, they go to the encounter, and there is Dio too.
First Kirei, now Dio. This anime is really God Tier.
bruh
Nov 8, 2019 7:36 PM

Jul 2019
I feel like this episode is the turning point for me from "kind of boring show, but I'll keep watching because it's a unique idea" to "it's actually starting to get interesting". I actually love that they are actually starting a business now and making real progress. The first 5 episodes felt like just stagnation for the most part and Main getting cucked by her illness, which by the way, who thought this was a good idea to add to the show? Imagine this show where she wasn't sick 24/7. It would actually be so much more enjoyable.
Nov 9, 2019 1:39 AM

Apr 2013
morihama said:
I feel like this episode is the turning point for me from "kind of boring show, but I'll keep watching because it's a unique idea" to "it's actually starting to get interesting". I actually love that they are actually starting a business now and making real progress. The first 5 episodes felt like just stagnation for the most part and Main getting cucked by her illness, which by the way, who thought this was a good idea to add to the show? Imagine this show where she wasn't sick 24/7. It would actually be so much more enjoyable.

The anime actually cuts plenty of "sickness" scenes, the idea that she's struggling with her own illness is way more present in the original material. As for it being a good idea, not only it's one, but it's 100% indispensable for the rest of the story, so yes.
You're right in saying that she's now starting to go forward. And we can only really feel the difference that it makes for the character because we went through that full year of "efforts leading to only small bits of progress" earlier. Also, plenty of those things are coming back in one way or another later, like the shampoo came back and will continue to be around from now on, so those 6 episodes have already laid down a solid groundwork for the rest of the story, without you noticing it (which is a sign of a well built story btw); and it will keep building and increasing in size in a methodical and solid way from now on.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

188 by Kvistis »»
Feb 14, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

98 by kal_dev »»
Feb 2, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2019

67 by Acradis »»
Jan 29, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.