Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 6, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, a mistake would have an article being spread around school that causes more drama. This episode felt like a setup for a load of misunderstandings.

Luckily, newspaper club member Asunaro decided to help Joro. Yeah, this anime really does have ways to bring out its drama at every chance it gets in its storytelling. Cosmos in that dress dancing though. Quite an intelligent girl for figuring out Asunaro's plan.
Stark700Nov 6, 2019 9:13 AM
Nov 6, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
Nerve wracking episode. I didn't expect this to be an almost full blown serious thing like ep 3 was. Like sure it had some funny moments and surprisingly the gags they included didnt take me out of the seriousness surrounding it which is why I love this series, its execution of drama and comedy is amazing.
That being said this episode had a lot of stuffs going on, from drama to tid bits of comedy liners in between and the romance part during the whole dance bits till the end of the ep.

So Asunaro really did have a thing for Joro, while sure the signs were there but with how this series turns almost everything into comedy then it gets really hard to call. What I didn't expect was Joro shit talking Asunaro for what she did and purposely made himself look bad considering how he dreams of a harem including her but instantly shoved that aside for everyone including for Asunaro's sake.
This is the catch in this series, while it shows their scummy side most of the time these teens are actually nice on the inside, their thoughts don't match their actions, also find it adorable how sly it is showing that they actually had another motive besides their personal agenda during their actions on prev eps, like with Joro actually just using the studying thing and other whatnot gather around in the library as an excuse which was actually for Pansy's sake and to give her an opportunity to just naturally have his friends as her friends too, its subtle shit like this that gets me. That was fucking adorable, I didn't expect he had that motive during those times, now I fcking ship them more and more! this series is so damn crafty.

5/5!
PS: Pansy looked stunning!
Nov 6, 2019 9:33 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I loved Cosmos line about how effort in love isn't normally rewarded, but that just makes it all the sweeter when it is.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Nov 6, 2019 9:47 AM
Feb 2009
oh god dang Pansy is so gorgeous and that peck from Cosmos sheesh joro harem lookin good
Nov 6, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

So Asunaro did had a motive, she liked Joro. It is always back to the baseball game.

To think that Joro was trying to help Pansy make friends, what a cunning guy.

The girls looked great with their dresses, especially Pansy.

Nov 6, 2019 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
*sigh*
So this anime really did bait me into watching a usual boring harem, huh.
Nov 6, 2019 10:45 AM

Jun 2019
That worked out differently from what I thought. I thought Pansy was behind the machinations, but no it was Asunaro. Her confession came out of no-where for me, did not see that coming.

I loved how the Flower Dance worked out, that was a nice ending and way to bring Pansy and the others together as friends. Now it seems we have a 3 horse race (Cosmos, Himiwari & Pansy), with an outsider in the form of Asunaro. I have no idea who's going to come out on top!
Nov 6, 2019 10:56 AM

Jun 2017
lmao getting another girl to fall for you by accidentally saving her when you just wanted a good look at some titties

Also damn, Cosmos is going strong too.
Nov 6, 2019 11:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another freaking love because of that baseball match xD
So Joro has kind of an harem now, but there will be a another plot twist I'm sure.
Nov 6, 2019 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
This episode felt different... like, it was too normal and predictable?
And tbh I have mixed feelings about where this is going. I like harems and don't mind Joro being popular, but wasn't the whole point of this anime that the only girl that likes him is Pansy while he aims for others?
Nov 6, 2019 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
It was obvious she was the reason for all the trouble but it was a nice episode. The dancing scene was great.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 6, 2019 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
Lol Joro's such a tsun-tsun. xD

I am sad Bench-kun didn't make an appearance. I badly want to see him again. xD

Nov 6, 2019 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
Predictable development. Average writing.

I'm not expecting this anime to bring something new to the table anymore. It looks like we're past the best moments.

AdrianRubinskyNov 6, 2019 11:33 AM
Nov 6, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, the developments with Asunaro were ridiculously easy to predict, as it was plain as day that she was causing all the issues with the dance and that her end goal was to end up in the dance. However, I didn't actually predict that Sun's purpose in all of this was to convince Pansy to dance, but I suppose I should have seen that coming after Asunaro scared off the first year.

Also, since when does Cosmos like Joro? It was kind of implied last week, but she basically outright said it while interrogating Asunaro and talked about it as if it had all been dealt with already. Am I missing something there? Furthermore, it seems like Himawari is going to end up in love with Joro too, but it feels weird for those two to fall for him as it sort of goes against the whole point of the series (that Pansy is the only one who actually likes him).

That being said, I'm not sure if it will be possible to call this a harem even if all three do fall in love with him, as it's already abundantly clear that Joro is only ever going to fall for Pansy, regardless of what he keeps saying to the contrary.
Nov 6, 2019 11:50 AM

May 2018
OHHHHH, so Asunrao was the culprit who brought trouble for Joro all along......Nice Cosmos-kun, but eeeeeeeh wtf was so special about a fool like Joro that he has to be this tsun tsun guy????
Nov 6, 2019 12:06 PM

Mar 2013
Well, it was quite obvious all along that Asunrao was the one behind the fake news to isolate jouro and later get to dance with him.

Hope that moving forward the episodes are more like the first ones (1-3) than the latest ones (4-6)
Nov 6, 2019 12:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cosmos and Himawaru 's falling for Joro came waaay too soon after their crush on his buddy. I don't know if they skipped something from the source material or its been that way all along. It seems we're going into full on harem territory boys. At least the girls are cute though...

Chiibi said:

Yes, where was bench kun?!!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2019 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
Ever since Pansy magically developed the ability to turn into the worlds most beautiful big chested lady by taking off her fucking glasses this show has gone downhill.

And now it looks like it's ACTUALLY turning into a fucking harem.

We all got jebaited.
Nov 6, 2019 12:24 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The release of the article sure did a fair amount of damage though at least Hina is there to support Kisaragi to atone for her error. Funny how much the meeting turned from curiosity to one that revealed some surprising revelations. If anything Cosmo's interrogation really was quite impressive. Cosmo's words as she admonished Hina sure were wise and deep ones. Though harsh rejecting Hina here before anything developed was the best choice however cruel it is. The flower dance though despite having brought plenty of trouble to Kisaragi sure was pretty impressive and an excellent reward to him after this week of despair. While doing well in showcasing each of the girls beauty it served well to reveal more of Cosmo's inner feelings as well as finally reveal to all Sumireko's true self. An excellent ep that perfectly balanced revelations with some much needed expansion on Hina, Sumireko and Cosmo's characters. In the end im glad that both the flower dance was successful and that Kisaragi's bonds with his friends are reformed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2019 12:39 PM

Mar 2018
Well this episode wasn't that bad ngl
The beginning was the 'usual' twisted setting where everythibg comes to light. Respect to Cosmos' development

The Asunaro case was pretty obvious tho.. Well it's not a mystery tho so I can let that pass.
What was interesting to see was that Joro did all that for others again. When he 'pretend-raged' he talked about the time his friends had lost

The dance was pretty beautiful too.

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 6, 2019 1:04 PM
May 2019
It was sort of expected that Asunaro was up to something, but I loved how they uncovered the mystery and how it added up to Cosmos development as said above.
I don't think it'll will turn into a harem anime, mainly because of Joro himself, but I liked that both Sumireko and Cosmos are open about their feelings for Joro, and that Himawari probably won't like Joro in that way.
Nov 6, 2019 1:09 PM

May 2017
This show makes me smile, laugh, and drop my jaw so much... and it also hits me right in the feels.

Fantastic episode, this continues to be my surprise hit of the season!
Nov 6, 2019 1:51 PM
Jul 2017
is it me or in the source material didnt Asunaro give Sun chan food poisoning so he couldn't participate? they changed it this pta being pissed about having two boys in it. not a huge deal I guess jw why they did it
Nov 6, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2019
That one eye thing, is that asking for a challenge from the viewers ? :D

Didn't expect such reduction in drama level. It felt like they were wrapping up something quick to get to a more interesting part :D

Not a lot of emotions from this episode, other than, great that Shanshokuin got some friends - although it leaves me wondering, wasn't there something she was hiding from, a demon. Its rhetorical... urusai, no spoilers :>
Nov 6, 2019 3:00 PM

Dec 2015
I used to think that Cosmos is really stupid, but in this episode she was great! Now I respect her some more.

I'm glad Joro rejected Asunaro (I didn't read the source btw). If Joro had forgiven Asunaro with that typicial "Yeah, you did a bad thing, but you're a good girl and you helped me, so don't worry" I would have been pissed.

Well, with this ep release, we're in the middle of this season,
I think episodes 1-3 were the best, 4 a little boring, 5 and 6 were ok.
Overall not a bad anime.
Even if this turns into a harem, I'll watch it till the end.

Nov 6, 2019 3:05 PM

Sep 2018
Pansy 100% best girl.!
well that's just my opinion.....
Nov 6, 2019 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
Superb episode!

One thing keeps surprising me so far. These girls are God damn smart. First we had pansy figuring out and being a step ahead of Sun-chan's plan to get back at Joro. Now Cosmos who outsmarted Asunaro in the same way as Pansy did to Sun-chan.

Asunaro confesses to Joro. I like her to be honest. This baseball game is gonna get more popular than Bench-kun at this rate.

That dance though, Himawari and Cosmos were both pretty but Pansy steals the show... She's clearly ahead of every other girl!
Nov 6, 2019 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
Such a cute episode.
Cant wait to see what comes next
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2019 3:42 PM

Nov 2014
the art of this episode sucks ass
honestly im gonna drop this. i only kept watching cause i like the 'inner' darker side of the mc, but then in the end, everyone else is smarter, more cunning than he is and he's the only one in the dark not knowing wth is going on. not to mention, going so low as to beg people who bullied, harassed, betrayed, assaulted, deceived him to become his friends. THEY are the ones who should be begging HIM for forgiveness. not the other way around!

Nov 6, 2019 3:44 PM

Feb 2019
Man I gotta start going to baseball games.

Welp, as I said before, it becomes a generic harem after episode 3, not that it won't be funny or entertaining, but that was just the peak of the story writing wise. Still enjoyed reading it and looking forward to seeing the rest, here's to season 2.
Nov 6, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
Pansy is peak level. I still think the only legitimate love interest that could compete is Cosmos. Himawari is just the generic childhood friend route with next to nothing for substance. And...I still hate Sun-chan so. Wholesome ep.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 6, 2019 4:52 PM

Jul 2017
Honestly this show is pretty bad when it tries to go all dramatic and serious like Sun-chan clearly cleared out the first set of rumours towards Joro, you'd think the moment another rumour comes people would at least be more skeptical about it? Plus, what kind of dumbass thinks that spreading that girlfriend rumour is gonna isolate Joro from the 3 girls, when they clearly wouldn't give a shit about it (the fact that it did indeed separate them is even more wut)

When it's a comedy though it's pretty good

Also seems like they're entirely skipping out on Pansy
?

OppaiLoliPop said:
is it me or in the source material didnt Asunaro give Sun chan food poisoning so he couldn't participate? they changed it this pta being pissed about having two boys in it. not a huge deal I guess jw why they did it

They also kinda skipped out on what Asunaro did to the other candidates as well as how she felt about Pansy's relationship with Joro
Nov 6, 2019 5:39 PM

Nov 2017
Pansy is top notch as a waifu candidate :)
But even she pales in comparison to Bench-kun.Can't wait for his next appearance.
Nov 6, 2019 5:54 PM
Dec 2018
I know the whole thing is set up for Pansy but I'm in the Cosmos camp.

Joro is actually a nicer guy than he lets on and when he stops scheming he ends up being far more popular.So i don't think we are going to see a conventional harem because Joro will forget himself and continue trying to help other people.

Asunaro was terrible, really, but it was sad to see her getting that treatment, even if it was for her own good and she deserved it. She probably has liked him for longer than the others but her methods were clearly wrong. I like the character, though, and hope she will get another chance at some point. She genuinely has a crush on him even if she mistook him saving her from the baseball!
Nov 6, 2019 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
Farabeuf said:
Cosmos and Himawaru 's falling for Joro came waaay too soon after their crush on his buddy. I don't know if they skipped something from the source material or its been that way all along. It seems we're going into full on harem territory boys. At least the girls are cute though...

Chiibi said:

Yes, where was bench kun?!!

He doesn't actually show up in every episode but he should. xD Missing from eps 3 and 4, entirely.

Nov 6, 2019 6:35 PM

Sep 2013
I actually love how Cosmos is starting to fall for the MC
DokizukeruNov 7, 2019 1:28 AM
Nov 6, 2019 6:39 PM

Mar 2019
Himawari, Cosmos and Pansy all looked stunning at the flower dance. Great episode, looking forward to the oncoming eps

Nov 6, 2019 7:14 PM

Oct 2015
I was poking my nose with a pinky while watching this, what I got out was more interesting than this shit.

I think it was pretty obvious Asunaro was the mastermind of the pull out, anyone with an IQ above 50 Would've guessed. This is going nowhere fast, I fucken hate I got myself into this anime, if it was on the third episode I Would've ditched this shitfest.

Damn, I wish I was those old religious nuts who whipped their backs so they could repent on their sins. I'm gonna check out some whips on a sex shop Tomorrow.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 6, 2019 7:24 PM
Sep 2018
That baseball game has a lot to answer for...
If Truck-kun and Bench-kun can be thought of as characters, the baseball game is getting close to that status. However, no phrasing I can think of for it would fall trippingly from the tongue...

I don't know about all of those who were taken completely by surprise concerning Newspaper Gall's Nefarious Activities; that was clear as day in the last episode. her motivation... no, that did surprise me, at least in regard to it tying in with The Baseball Game, which just shows I can be dumb as well; at this point, Joro should really be cautious of new acquaintances, and ask them pretty darn early on if they happened to be at that game... and if they were, watch them like a hawk. Of course, if they say they weren't, they're lying...

The dance was nice.
Nov 6, 2019 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
The dance at the end was the best part of his episode. Holy Shit Pansy is a fucking GOD!

Well when he got hit with the foul ball and said "Nice ball" after getting hit and his only intentions were getting closer to the girl with big tits. That was funny.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 6, 2019 8:04 PM
Mar 2017
Asunaro fell into her own trap, Cosmos discovered all the gimmicks she prepared to isolate Joro and have him alone for her, the best of all is that I enjoy how Joro rejected her, although we know that the good Joro rejected her for her own good.

Leaving aside the spectacular work of Detective Cosmos, I feel that she really changed my opinion of her (even though she doesn't deserve Joro), she did a good job unmasking Asunaro.
Joro and his actions can cause enormous consequences, just by crossing in the path of a baseball ball he made a girl fall in love with him and he was just stuck to the beauty and breasts of Sumireko that day.

And the best part of this episode was the dance of flowers and Cosmos and Himawaria were really cute, but let's admit it, Sumireki took their attention immediately, she was beautiful, damn Joro accepts her before someone worse than Sun appears, she really radiated beauty and her face that only expressed happiness of being able to dance with the boy she loves is priceless, also Joro somehow managed to thank Sumireko for all her help, now she has friends and that last image with her beautiful smile I get tears of happiness, she deserves that happiness, Sumireko is the best girl of the season (she is, with or without big breasts, she is perfect)

All things aside, Kamata's face made me nervous, I admit that I would also be amazed by the beauty that Sumireko emanates on stage, but since she appears in the Opening it gives me a bad feeling (yes, Bench-san is thirsty for blood of Joro)
Nov 6, 2019 8:19 PM
May 2019
tbh this story arc is a bit letdown compared to the other arcs (especially the previous one), but overall it still a good episode tho. i can't wait for the final doshobu arc.
Nov 6, 2019 8:19 PM

Oct 2018
I suspected Asunaro did plan everything in order to be with Joro since last episode, when she was clearly enjoying the dance practice with him...

And Cosmos is so awesome (and scary) for figuring out everything! I think that with her intelligence she could pull a similar or better plan herself, but luckily she has a good moral compass and she won't(?).
I liked this further development of her character, showing that, besides smart, she was merciful and didn't want the situation to escalate, so she provided a way to solve the problem without hurting anybody.

That fucking baseball game FFS!!!
Nov 6, 2019 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
newspaper girl's gimmick was way too obvious and predictable...it doesn't help that she's manipulatively fake and annoying

other than that, Cosmos was obviously the star of this episode especially after making that sneak attack. also elegant Pansy and Joro during the dance was actually a perfect match...then again, its obvious since he's the MC and she's the poster girl

now im curious to how that baseball game ties in to bitchy pigtails and that other girl in the poster
Nov 6, 2019 8:28 PM
May 2019
salbery755 said:
Asunaro fell into her own trap, Cosmos discovered all the gimmicks she prepared to isolate Joro and have him alone for her, the best of all is that I enjoy how Joro rejected her, although we know that the good Joro rejected her for her own good.

Leaving aside the spectacular work of Detective Cosmos, I feel that she really changed my opinion of her (even though she doesn't deserve Joro), she did a good job unmasking Asunaro.
Joro and his actions can cause enormous consequences, just by crossing in the path of a baseball ball he made a girl fall in love with him and he was just stuck to the beauty and breasts of Sumireko that day.

And the best part of this episode was the dance of flowers and Cosmos and Himawaria were really cute, but let's admit it, Sumireki took their attention immediately, she was beautiful, damn Joro accepts her before someone worse than Sun appears, she really radiated beauty and her face that only expressed happiness of being able to dance with the boy she loves is priceless, also Joro somehow managed to thank Sumireko for all her help, now she has friends and that last image with her beautiful smile I get tears of happiness, she deserves that happiness, Sumireko is the best girl of the season (she is, with or without big breasts, she is perfect)

All things aside, Kamata's face made me nervous, I admit that I would also be amazed by the beauty that Sumireko emanates on stage, but since she appears in the Opening it gives me a bad feeling (yes, Bench-san is thirsty for blood of Joro)
next person that's going to "confess" to joro haha.
Nov 6, 2019 9:20 PM

Apr 2013
Team Asunaro all fuckin day.
Nov 6, 2019 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Ugh. I thought this show is supposed to be a satire on the harem genre. I wouldn't have mind it turning into a harem if I liked even one of the girls.

Cosmos suddenly being in love with Joro irritates me. What did he do that was so special to make her fall for him? Come on Cosmos, get better taste. You deserve better than going from one trash to the next.

My last hope is with the white knight pigtail girl.

Please don't fall in love with Joro!

Oh, and the blatant homophobia pissed me off. "This tradition is between one guy and three girls. HOW DARE YOU TRY TO PUT TWO GUYS TOGETHER???"

It bothered me more when the main characters reaffirmed this sentiment.
Nov 6, 2019 10:12 PM
Oct 2019
K1ngOfSloth said:
Well this episode wasn't that bad ngl
The beginning was the 'usual' twisted setting where everythibg comes to light. Respect to Cosmos' development

The Asunaro case was pretty obvious tho.. Well it's not a mystery tho so I can let that pass.
What was interesting to see was that Joro did all that for others again. When he 'pretend-raged' he talked about the time his friends had lost

The dance was pretty beautiful too.

He intentionally became the bad guy for his friends' sake? Or something else?

Nov 6, 2019 10:14 PM
Oct 2019
Gab5 said:
I know the whole thing is set up for Pansy but I'm in the Cosmos camp.

Joro is actually a nicer guy than he lets on and when he stops scheming he ends up being far more popular.So i don't think we are going to see a conventional harem because Joro will forget himself and continue trying to help other people.

Asunaro was terrible, really, but it was sad to see her getting that treatment, even if it was for her own good and she deserved it. She probably has liked him for longer than the others but her methods were clearly wrong. I like the character, though, and hope she will get another chance at some point. She genuinely has a crush on him even if she mistook him saving her from the baseball!
How for her own sake?
Nov 6, 2019 10:24 PM

Aug 2018
I love this anime, every episode is just Awesome 🌟 and Sanshokuin, Sumireko boobs are the best
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

260 by ShoozieChicken »»
Apr 22, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

234 by 28012001 »»
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

104 by 28012001 »»
Mar 27, 6:45 AM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.