Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2019 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Someone nerf the angels please. Just kidding. But seriously, no wonder the Commandments had so much trouble against them. Elizabeth's powers were also incredibly powerful back then. We also got more storytelling on Ludociel's past.

Melascula is creepy as hell. Interestingly enough, we also got a glimpse of a very important character in the past with her.
Nov 6, 2019 1:22 AM

Nov 2007
Goddess released her power to purify the two. Ishida-san's character trying to mix with her by killing them with his power but main guy came to stop him. The two angels offered help with the purification.

She fell unconscious after using too much power.

That pink hair angel that was brain washed finally woke up and saw two. She called the fairies and giants in the forest to get those two.

Humans started attacking them. So they are spies because their goals are the same as the enemies.

FukuJun's character and Yuuki-san's character, getting into the forest to investigate what happens, met that doll when he was enemy.

And he also erased her memory.

That pink hair girl not knowing what she's opening, and she was surprised.

That guy behind that door... he has the same name as the doll. Does that mean he's the real body of the doll? He doesn't care about the war.

Introducing the enemy in extreme form when offering their own heart.
tsubasaloverNov 6, 2019 2:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2019 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
That guy behind that door... he has the same name as the doll. Does that mean he's the real body of the doll? He doesn't care about the war.

I'm not sure this season will reach that far or not but the guy in the chair is a very important character. We'll find out more about him later on.
Nov 6, 2019 4:23 AM

Jun 2016
why this series got low score compared to previous season ??

i think this series good too ..
Nov 6, 2019 9:16 AM
Oct 2019
NirvashX1 said:

People just care about animation and censorship
Nov 6, 2019 10:14 AM

Jul 2016
NirvashX1 said:

Cause this season is garbage compared to the previous season, and fanboys are not willing to admit it.

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Nov 6, 2019 10:36 AM
Jul 2016
Otaakuu said:

Cause this season is garbage compared to the previous season, and fanboys are not willing to admit it.

OK. Tell us what is wrong with this season.
Nov 6, 2019 11:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That new character looks promising.
Gowther best character of NnT even in this world.
Nov 6, 2019 1:29 PM
Apr 2016
Gowther released himself by manipulating her, I see. What did he mean by "goodbye" at the end though?
Nov 6, 2019 2:06 PM
Jan 2018
NirvashX1 said:

Because of episode 1.
Nov 6, 2019 3:34 PM

Sep 2018
tsubasalover said:

Well he said himself that its been 500 years since he went outside and his only contact with outside world was through a Gowther doll. So i think the answer is pretty clear.
well that's just my opinion.....
Nov 6, 2019 3:37 PM

Oct 2017
Finally got to see original Gowther animated!
Nov 6, 2019 4:24 PM

Aug 2011
I don't dislike this series as much as some people do but Diane has gotten incredibly annoying this season. Maybe she's always been like this but I just didn't notice because the whiny voice fit the body more.
Nov 6, 2019 5:41 PM
Jul 2016
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Otaakuu said:

Why dont you tell us all the reasons why this season is great?

19:07 mark of this episode is outstanding production
ItsBritneyBitchNov 6, 2019 5:53 PM
Nov 6, 2019 5:59 PM
Jul 2016
People need to watch this again, its the funniest thing ever. Watch how everything isnt actually animated, literally paper cutouts moving across screen and just the mouth moving.19:07 onwards is comedy gold not even the glowy stuff is animated its so funny.
Nov 6, 2019 6:36 PM

Jan 2008
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Otaakuu said:

You mean other than the white "blood", excessive censorship, still cutouts that should be animated, and bad subtitles ("friend skilled" instead of "friends killed" as just one example in this episode alone)? This season just doesn't come off as the company caring or having a budget. Maybe it'll be better once the BD comes out and they get rid of the censorship, as well as actually animate the scenes. Maybe add in more background music and sounds. When a literal giant is running through a forest, you should hear some stomping.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 6, 2019 7:28 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, that was an unexpected reveal.

I always knew Gowther has to have been created by someone, but I couldn't have guessed that person to be the original Gowther. He looks out of sort though, I wonder why was he imprisoned in the first place?

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 6, 2019 11:24 PM
Jul 2016
kevin_video said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

You mean other than the white "blood", excessive censorship, still cutouts that should be animated, and bad subtitles ("friend skilled" instead of "friends killed" as just one example in this episode alone)? This season just doesn't come off as the company caring or having a budget. Maybe it'll be better once the BD comes out and they get rid of the censorship, as well as actually animate the scenes. Maybe add in more background music and sounds. When a literal giant is running through a forest, you should hear some stomping.

1. Censorship... Soo I guess JoJo's is bad too? The censorship isn't that distracting. Is it noticeable, YES. Does it take away from the story, NO. 2. Yes some of the animation is janky, but still to conclude from that the quality of the season as a whole is asinine. 3. Are you sure what you saw were the official subs? Considering the fact that when I was watching the episode no such mistake existed.
Nov 6, 2019 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
1. Censorship... Soo I guess JoJo's is bad too? The censorship isn't that distracting. Is it noticeable, YES. Does it take away from the story, NO. 2. Yes some of the animation is janky, but still to conclude from that the quality of the season as a whole is asinine. 3. Are you sure what you saw were the official subs? Considering the fact that when I was watching the episode no such mistake existed.

1. No idea. Never seen JoJo's and have no intention of doing so. It's not my thing. But other anime have done it in the past, and when you normally have blood in your series, and then suddenly don't, it's jarring.
2. Why not? People judged the second season of One-Punch Man after just episode, and we're on the 5th episode. It's one thing to flub on episode 1 and maybe 2, but 3 through 5 as well? No.
3. I don't know. Is Crunchyroll official subs? I don't really like to consider them as such. Maybe you just didn't notice it. My OCD tends to pinpoint that kind of thing for me.

Again, I'm hoping the BD fixes all of this, and makes the season far better it is currently. The last two seasons had much more care given. It's obvious this series doesn't bring in the big bucks, and they've decided to stop caring. Index season 3 had the exact same problem. Only difference is they didn't try to have three story arcs fit into one season. Deadly Sins is thankfully keeping the pace, and not adding filler or padding, or cutting out scenes and transitioning in a jarring manner.
Nov 7, 2019 12:03 AM
Jul 2016
kevin_video said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

1. No idea. Never seen JoJo's and have no intention of doing so. It's not my thing. But other anime have done it in the past, and when you normally have blood in your series, and then suddenly don't, it's jarring.
2. Why not? People judged the second season of One-Punch Man after just episode, and we're on the 5th episode. It's one thing to flub on episode 1 and maybe 2, but 3 through 5 as well? No.
3. I don't know. Is Crunchyroll official subs? I don't really like to consider them as such. Maybe you just didn't notice it. My OCD tends to pinpoint that kind of thing for me.

Again, I'm hoping the BD fixes all of this, and makes the season far better it is currently. The last two seasons had much more care given. It's obvious this series doesn't bring in the big bucks, and they've decided to stop caring. Index season 3 had the exact same problem. Only difference is they didn't try to have three story arcs fit into one season. Deadly Sins is thankfully keeping the pace, and not adding filler or padding, or cutting out scenes and transitioning in a jarring manner.

Yes these are correct points, but to say that these ruin a series is just BS. The series still has a great story and great characters. I personally didn't dislike OPM2 purely based on the animation. As a whole the second season just felt off to me. I can agree on the Blu Ray releases, hopefully those will have added on content and lessened censoring.
Nov 7, 2019 12:24 AM

Jan 2008
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Yes these are correct points, but to say that these ruin a series is just BS. The series still has a great story and great characters. I personally didn't dislike OPM2 purely based on the animation. As a whole the second season just felt off to me. I can agree on the Blu Ray releases, hopefully those will have added on content and lessened censoring.

To be fair, I liked OPM season 2 as well, but I was also absolutely looking forward to that particular arc.
While the characters are still cool, and we'll get to some really great moments this season, this particular section of the arc is easily one of the least liked parts of the series. Most people hated it because of how long it is, and seeing it animated like this likely doesn't help anyone's transgressions much. So for them, the season "feels off", and likely the quality in the animation and censorship is just an added kick to their gut.
Nov 7, 2019 2:23 AM

Jun 2014
Ah yes, nothing like seeing people spill white blood after being stabbed but then seeing the blood on the knife be red -.- at this point I'm not gonna complain about the blood censorship, but for gods sake at least try to be consistent. If the blood spilled is white make the blood on the knife white, and same if the blood spilled is red.

Anyway, we finally got to see the reveal of the real Gowther.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2019 2:38 AM
Mar 2018
Otaakuu said:
NirvashX1 said:

lol bro, its been 5 episodes. you cant judge an anime like this when its not even complete. its like judging steins gate up to episode 12, when everyone thought it was boring.
Authorised LoliCop
Nov 7, 2019 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
The unlikely partnership between past Demon King Commander Meliodas and the Angel that is Elizabeth, now I see.

Censorship once again blatants blood to white...

And even though King and Diane knew this outcome from the battles of the past, especially Season 2, there's a rhyme of reasoning.

Seeing the ORIGINAL Gowther, a vast difference indeed between him and the Seven Deadly Sins' Gowther. Even though by means he is a doll to communicate with the world that was stripped of his character, for 500 years.

19:07 is the mark to look after. *Claps* Even though this panel existed in the manga.
Nov 7, 2019 5:12 AM

May 2018
I care about the story more than blood censorship. 5/5.
Nov 7, 2019 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
yameroooo said:
Otaakuu said:

lol bro, its been 5 episodes. you cant judge an anime like this when its not even complete. its like judging steins gate up to episode 12, when everyone thought it was boring.
Yes you can. You can judge something before even the first episode finishes, and every single episode so far showed terrible production values.

You can have the opinion you want, if you have fun watching this mess of a production that's actually fine, but saying you can't judge an anime in FIVE episodes, like almost 2 HOURS of content, is nothing short of nonsensical. This is more than enough to conclude that the rest of the season is gonna be a mess (production-wise at the very least).

Also, why isn't it alright to judge Steins;Gate up to episode 12? Me and many other people found it to be very engaging right from episode 1, but if someone thinks the show is boring up to episode 12, then that's their valid opinion and the series just doesn't click for them.
Nov 7, 2019 6:40 AM
Jun 2017
As an anime only--- love this episode and some truths about Gowther has been revealed that even Ban and diane has shocked. Ohhh...

And by the way you dont want Gowther to be on your team, as he can betray you anytime... hahaha
Nov 7, 2019 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
Well Elizabeth managed to save Derieri and Monspeet thou it was obvious they'd survive cause they were alive in the future. Also damn that Ludociel, really gets on my nerves. Anyway those humans being on the demons side kinda surprised me, didn't see that coming. Also Gowther's original appearance is far better than of his puppet's.
Nov 7, 2019 7:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gou-Gowther? What’s with the “Bye-bye”? Did he just return back to die once and for all? Why imprisoned as well and why would he even bother tampering with Diane’s memories? Lots of Questions. Damn, he’s crazy strong though I’ve to say. Numbing a member of the 10 Commandments so effortlessly like that is no easy feat, I’m sure. Seeing his true form was pretty darn cool as well, you bet!

Anyway, Meliodas and Elizabeth’s little tag team at the start was awesome to watch! It’s a little cheesy how the other two archangels came to side with them in this case but I’m glad they were able to make their own decisions rather than blindly following Lucideol. Looks like the tides have turned as a result of this however, the Demons are about to stage a counterattack like no other it seems.

I honestly can’t find a reason why the former Fairy and Giant Kings have come up with this roundabout method, meanwhile.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Censorship takes a turn for the worse but there’s no helping that so whatevs.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 7, 2019 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
_MushiRock11_ said:

I honestly can’t find a reason why the former Fairy and Giant Kings have come up with this roundabout method, meanwhile.

That's quite simple. They want to see if they did the right choice becoming the members of the ten commandments by watching how King and Diane will proceed with the same choice. And this whole 'trainig' thing as well helps them to experience the real power that lies beneath their real bodies.

Both, Fairy King and Giant King haven't been evil and under some circumstances they became demons.

And I want to see what Diane and King will do in the same circumstances.
Nov 7, 2019 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
What is this censored blood?!?!
Nov 7, 2019 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Why is the censoring of blood so ridiculously inconsistent? Either censor it all or censor none of it, rather than this middle-of-the-road nonsense they've gone for.

That aside, this episode was again let down by poor presentation and constant jumping around that took away most of the tension. Still, seeing the "true" Gowther was interesting and I'm curious to see where that goes, given the circumstances around him in the present.
Nov 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
I do agree on the white blood but why some people point out about footsteps of giant in forest with music? If those people claim to be elitists I feel pitty for them, but I would to see if someone could do better rather than complain about it.
I hope I don't sound like a white knight but just enjoy what you get to see. (Just look at No Game No Life fans)
Nov 7, 2019 2:24 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
LacrimaMosa666 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Oh, that’s interesting. Thanks for the brief breakdown.

I think you should put the spoiler tag, just in case.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 7, 2019 3:17 PM

Aug 2015
dude, I've seen a lot of weird shit in anime but that's the first time I'm seeing people bleed cum on the battlefield, for real now that is so annoying you might as well just not show blood at all!
one good thing about this episode is the real Gowther's voice I really like his voice 3/5.
Nov 7, 2019 9:55 PM

Apr 2018
Here we go again with the cum blood.
Nov 8, 2019 4:40 AM

May 2019
The censorship of the adaptation is kinda bothering me, because I feel like the thematic concerns would be more aptly depicted through a gritty realistic style more similar to the manga. Although, obviously there are pragmatic reasons that are unavoidable.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 8, 2019 12:13 PM
Mar 2015
Elizabeth was really cool. We knew that Gowther was a doll and originally a Commandant Never saw him in his wheelchair as Commandment of Selflessness
Nov 8, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was tedious and made little sense. I can't wait for this arc to be over I couldn't care less about it.
Nov 8, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
Nostalgik said:
yameroooo said:

Yes you can. You can judge something before even the first episode finishes, and every single episode so far showed terrible production values.

You can have the opinion you want, if you have fun watching this mess of a production that's actually fine, but saying you can't judge an anime in FIVE episodes, like almost 2 HOURS of content, is nothing short of nonsensical. This is more than enough to conclude that the rest of the season is gonna be a mess (production-wise at the very least).

Also, why isn't it alright to judge Steins;Gate up to episode 12? Me and many other people found it to be very engaging right from episode 1, but if someone thinks the show is boring up to episode 12, then that's their valid opinion and the series just doesn't click for them.

This is my main point. People always saying "Oh, it's just started, I'm sure it will get better." "Oh, you can't judge it since it's still airing".

It has been bad, as you said. Every episode has been poorly animated and has terrible art. People can say that they believe it will improve, but so far it has been terrible, and criticism pointing that out just gets discredited as hate

Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
kevin_video said:

Jojo censorship were shadows that were mainly used in still shots and also sometimes when Jotaro was smoking, and censorship I only remember it from part 3. Vento aureo certainly didn't have much censorship. This season of nanatsu no taizai on the other hand? The only thing you can think of when you see that white stuff is semen (I said it). Maybe white blood cells if you're being comedic.

It is so jarring and distracting.

ItsBritneyBitch said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

@Bird_of_Hermes_ Watch this part and say the art and animation or lack thereof is not bad. 10 seconds of melascula not moving, looking crazy. As @Nostalgik, these 5 episodes that amount to two hours of content have been a production mess, and as hopeful as I may be, and it's delusional to think that it's not gonna keep going downhill. You can read the story and character in the manga, but the anime adaptation has to beyond that, otherwise it's just a slideshow

Nov 8, 2019 2:23 PM
Jul 2016
Otaakuu said:
Nostalgik said:

This is my main point. People always saying "Oh, it's just started, I'm sure it will get better." "Oh, you can't judge it since it's still airing".

It has been bad, as you said. Every episode has been poorly animated and has terrible art. People can say that they believe it will improve, but so far it has been terrible, and criticism pointing that out just gets discredited as hate

Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

Jojo censorship were shadows that were mainly used in still shots and also sometimes when Jotaro was smoking, and censorship I only remember it from part 3. Vento aureo certainly didn't have much censorship. This season of nanatsu no taizai on the other hand? The only thing you can think of when you see that white stuff is semen (I said it). Maybe white blood cells if you're being comedic.

ItsBritneyBitch said:

@Bird_of_Hermes_ Watch this part and say the art and animation or lack thereof is not bad. 10 seconds of melascula not moving, looking crazy. As @Nostalgik, these 5 episodes that amount to two hours of content have been a production mess, and as hopeful as I may be, and it's delusional to think that it's not gonna keep going downhill. You can read the story and character in the manga, but the anime adaptation has to beyond that, otherwise it's just a slideshow

Again one question still stands. Is animation so important that your entire very being just ceases to exist if it's subpar?
Nov 8, 2019 2:50 PM

Jul 2016
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
Otaakuu said:

Again one question still stands. Is animation so important that your entire very being just ceases to exist if it's subpar?

Let's rephrase your question (which fully shows you are offended at being proved incorrect):

Is anime bad when there is no animation?

From Wikipedia
The word anime is the Japanese term for animation
Anime

And now to answer your question.

Yes, an anime show is bad when there is bad animation or no animation at all.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Nov 8, 2019 3:02 PM
Jul 2016
Otaakuu said:
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:

Let's rephrase your question (which fully shows you are offended at being proved incorrect):

Is anime bad when there is no animation?

From Wikipedia
The word anime is the Japanese term for animation
Anime

And now to answer your question.

Yes, an anime show is bad when there is bad animation or no animation at all.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. Let's list of some bad anime then shall we. Berserk (1997), OPM2, Overlord 3, DBS, most shonen at some point and a partridge in a pear tree.
Nov 9, 2019 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
still hate the whilte blood...but the overall story is good
Nov 9, 2019 1:13 PM
Sep 2012
The censoring in this season is really stupid...
Nov 10, 2019 12:08 AM

May 2018
Elizabeth was really strong, defeating 2 demons from the ten commandments easily. The most interesting part here is the real Gowther, would love to see more of him.

Nov 10, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2009
kevin_video said:

1. Thats because it's now airing on different channel which has different censorship rules for kids shows.
3. Official subs are made by and amazon and they are bad. This isn't fault of producers. There are also fansubs by [tenshi] and [Chyuu].
Uncensored release will be when Netflix dubs it and releases internationally. BDs are irrelevant these days.
Nov 11, 2019 4:49 AM

Oct 2018
one question i want to ask, why am I keep watching? :"(
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 12, 2019 11:23 PM

Oct 2008
wow! the complex change of events! a lot of revelations info dump, i'm getting confused on what's happening past 3000 years ago!
5/5.

Nov 17, 2019 8:27 AM

May 2015
Jesus! decide already. White or red blood.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.