Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2019 9:34 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man Chihaya's match against Haruka was thrilling. The final card was so awesome. Once Chihaya made it to the finals I was pretty certain Mashima was gonna make it as well. I can already feel the tension.
Nov 5, 2019 10:28 PM
Aug 2016
rhaphazard said:
Who directed this episode? The mood and style was off the charts. And Chihayafuru is usually pretty good in that department already.
It was story-boarded by Atsuko Ishizuka, one of the most talented female directors in the industry.
Nov 5, 2019 11:02 PM

Feb 2019
Harada sensei really worn murao-san out there. Arata lost and he is feeling it but murao's defeat affected him more.
Nov 5, 2019 11:08 PM

Feb 2014
Mah boi Taichi's goin places *sniff*

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 5, 2019 11:09 PM

Jun 2014
darkling692 said:
I wanted to see Taichi vs Arata, but I don't think they'll face each other until the very end of the story.

It happens much later in the manga, so I don't think it will be in this season.
June!
Nov 5, 2019 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
This was a dive into one of my favourite arcs of Chihayafuru! Animated was like having a sip of champagne!
Nov 6, 2019 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
My man, Taichi making it to the finals! :D

I'm so glad this was another double episode week; would've been painful af to be left hanging at the end of episode 4.

Finals going to be hype!
Nov 6, 2019 12:29 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
So, Chihaya won against the former Queen ( and also the former "Chihayafuru" holder ) in quarter-finals and then she get a free win from her senior at Shiranami Society, Tsuboguchi Hiroshi.

Although Taichi is a rookie in Class-A, but his winning experience against some Class-A players lead him to defeat stronger players and become the finalist.

A bit disappointed that Arata, the one who defeated the Queen, lost in quarter-finals. That means we must have more patience to see Chihaya vs. Arata once again.

And the finalists are Chihaya and Taichi, finally after a long journey, they introduce themselves as a worthy candidate for the next Master and Queen. Can't wait to see their match.
Nov 6, 2019 12:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
rhaphazard said:
Who directed this episode? The mood and style was off the charts. And Chihayafuru is usually pretty good in that department already.

I know right! Absolutely enthralling and impeccable direction this episode!

I really don't think there are enough superlatives to describe this series anymore, it's just fabulous through and through.

Arata losing was a huge shocker, I was sure he'd make a comeback somehow in the end but I suppose karuta, and Sports in general really, is unpredictable after all. Meanwhile, Chihaya has officially beaten the undefeated former Queen! God that final silent take there, she really is turning out to be an unprecedented underdog in the Karuta World I reckon.

Honestly, I was shocked by the fact that Taichi beat Sudo alone but then Murao-san too?! Woah, I certainly didn't anticipate these developments coming! Dr. Harada definitely left a mark but likewise for Taichi thanks to Sudo-san so it's just incredible really. Moreover the way Taichi's game was displayed with the stunningly crafted atmosphere, I really got goosebumps. I've a feeling he really can beat Chihaya but I'm pretty sure that isn't on the cards, an extra game could prove to be the decisive factor too for that matter. Anyway, superb stuff! Taichi has become the best, or remarkable rather, in nearly every thing now. How bloody awesome is that?! I don't think even Hiroshi-san didn't imagine this outcome but that conversation with Dr. Harada later suggests otherwise or does it? Well, well.

I wonder how Dr. Harada will convey his realisation on that matter...

Sakurazawa-sensei's tear though, she and Inokuma-san clearly go a long way back. I didn't expect that to be her reason for retiring but that's completely understandable. I can't wait to see more of them!

Chihaya's "What about my match?" was one of my favourite moments of this episode too, couldn't help but lol there.

Chihaya v Taichi next week, oh boy! They've come so far over the 3 seasons and are finally at the peak of the Karuta Society, what a treat it's been to keep up with their journeys and of course I can't wait to see more!
_MushiRock11_Nov 7, 2019 1:52 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 6, 2019 4:32 AM
Aug 2018
Loved That finally Taichi got the Limelight he deserves after all that hardwork.
I loved the moment when Arata couldn't believe that Taichi defeated Murao-san
Way to Go
Taichi vs chihaya Finally 😭😭
Nov 6, 2019 4:50 AM

Nov 2016
It's crazy how good this is. The staff outdid themselves on this one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2019 5:29 AM

Jun 2016
This one was incredibly awesome! Can't wait for Taichihaya match next episode!
Nov 6, 2019 5:31 AM

Jun 2016
ex Queen vs Chihaya = Awesome

but cant wait for Taichi vs Chihaya next episode !!!
Nov 6, 2019 5:39 AM

Jun 2016
shanimebib said:
Ah, Chihayaufuru~ There's not enough superlatives to describe it!

Taichi took the innocent grin away from Arata's face! That was so priceless! I want to see more of Arata's changes! It's about time he takes Taichi seriously! He didn't even want to accept the once cowardly Taichi is catching up to him! If anyone keeps telling Atata's not changing is a big fat liar!

Also, Tsuboguchi-san already considers Taichi being at Arata's level? Or at least gives off the same vibes? That was such an amazing complement!

Also, Harada-sensei finally realizing Taichi is better off as a Maldini than a Ronaldo! Sorry, Harada-sensei, Taichi is better off being taught by someone else! If anything is holding him back is your offensive Shiranami society. :P

Also, take nothing away from this tournament which holds little meaning compared to what is ahead in two weeks time i.e. the qualifiers! This tournament shapes up many things to come in the future!

Also, in case anyone missed, Chihaya took the Shinobu card with her near silent take just like Shinobu-chan! Also, Inokuma-san's maiden name was "Chihara Haruka". That's why the Chiha card holds as special meaning as it holds for Chihaya.

Also, seeing tears in Sakurazawa-sensei's eyes again made me want to hope we get an S4 of this amazing anime! We must get the "Midori" part animated! T_T

Also, I really don't know how can people hate either of these two boys! They are just two brilliant characters!

Also, obligatory Rion <3.

Also, additional Sumire <3. She needs more love! I dunno why people don't seem to love her more!

Also, the only person that needs less love at this point is Chitose. And probably Taichi's mother.

I agree with you on the part that this anime barely has any character I can dislike let alone hate. Even though I'm #teamTaichi through and through.
Nov 6, 2019 5:47 AM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
Chihaya v Arata next week, oh boy! They've come so far over the 3 seasons and are finally at the peak of the Karuta Society, what a treat it's been to keep up with their journeys and of course I can't wait to see more!

You mean Chihaya v Taichi. You surely lost for superlatives!

Did you notice the card Chihaya took almost silently? It was the Shinobu card. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 6, 2019 6:12 AM

May 2019
asgfdagdfsadg This is getting more and more intense each episode! I love how Chihaya actually started to have fun during the tournaments. My girl improved so much since last season :')

Harada is seriously hilarious lol

Chihaya vs Taichi, I've been expecting them pairing sooner or later but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. Tbh I was expecting a Taichi vs Arata but Arata's elimination was a huge surprise to me.

Taichi hasn't lost a single match since last season, group tournament included. And now that he won against Murao, we can say that he and Arata are on similar levels. Sooner or later we'll see their match together (maybe on master's qualifiers?) and it will be legendary.

Let's make our bets, then. I feel like Taichi is going to win this time. But he's more tired so idk Chihaya might win as well.
bluninjaNov 6, 2019 6:16 AM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 6, 2019 6:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
You mean Chihaya v Taichi. You surely lost for superlatives!

Did you notice the card Chihaya took almost silently? It was the Shinobu card. :)

Right xD, there we go.

Yup, I think Porky commented that right after the proceedings and that’s how I knew.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 6, 2019 7:10 AM

May 2018
Chihaya vs Taichi in final. Love the intensity of the match.
Nov 6, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2017
It's the very first time Taichi is gonna face Chihaya in a competition. It's getting more and more exciting every episode. It's a shame we're gonna get one episode per week from now on
KiryuHanabiNov 6, 2019 12:57 PM

Nov 6, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2008
Mashima has grown immensely, probably more than any other character. However, I fear his encounter with the combination of talent and effort in the form of Chihaya will bring him dismay. One way or another, it will lead them both down new avenues.

To think that Mashima performs better when he is not seen by the person he loves. It is a cruel prerogative.
Nov 6, 2019 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
L-ro said:
I agree with you on the part that this anime barely has any character I can dislike let alone hate. Even though I'm #teamTaichi through and through.

I am #TeamArata. Sorry for the betrayal:

shanimebib said:
shanimebib said:
Does this mean Arata won?! No way! Taichi has Kana-chan's backing! While I adore Arata, including his forbidden pink phone, but somehow I want Chihaya to end up with Taichi. There is something warm about how Taichi cherishes Chihaya that makes him really special.

shanimebib said:
I have soft spots for Taichi. T_T

Self correcting myself of stuff I had said in the past (it's been almost 4 years) because having re-watched the anime twice and reading the manga from the start, I have realized that I like Arata way, way more than Taichi.

Anyone who pays close attention to the manga would realize how amazing he is. I think I swayed towards Taichi because he always got more screen-time in both anime seasons, but having paid closer attention to the anime during my re-watches and having read the manga, I have realized what makes Arata worthy of all of Chihaya's passion. I still like Taichi, and I like him a lot, probably even more than that I did when I saw the anime for the first time as his struggles are admirable, but my affection for Arata grew exponentially and I am certain that he is the only one for Chihaya.

Sorry to betray you my ex-comrades, but I have rather remarkably and shamelessly yet completely genuinely and passionately turned into an Arata fan and I cannot see myself changing my ship ever again.

But the one I love the most in the story is Chihaya.

My top 10 from the story are:
1. Chihaya
2. Arata
3. Taichi
4. Shinobu-chan
5. Suou-meijin
6. Harada-sensei
7. Kana-chan
8. Rion <3 (It comes with a <3. A Always. Never forget to put one!)
9. Inokuma-san
10. Sakurazawa-sensei
Coronavirus.
Nov 6, 2019 9:15 PM

Mar 2018
Intense matches! Harada is such a cool character

So Taichi is better in defensive karuta? Would be kinda questionable if they found it out after all these years but I guess that can happen

Arata seems quite shocked ngl
Seeing Taichi win with a big lead against Murao

Really looking forward to this final match. Wouldn't complain if it takes a whole episode or more ^^

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 7, 2019 5:20 AM

Feb 2011
Impressive episodes of Chihayafuru are extraordinary, always brings me so much joy seeing a new episode of this masterpiece !!!!!

OMG, Arata's expression at the end of episode really it got me super excited, let's see more of that, lol. Team Arata rejoice. I'm looking forward to see Chihaya vs Taichi match next week.
Nov 7, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2017
I love the fact that I read the manga so long ago that I no longer remember who wins this match. I knew it'd come down to Chihaya vs. Taichi but that's all I recall. It's as if I never read the manga at all! Either way, I can't wait to see the match animated.

Anyway I love Taichi and his growth. LOL @ Harada-sensei finally realizing Taichi is best suited for defensive karuta. Taichi is too cool for ultra aggressive karuta. Chihaya is like wind and Arata is like water, but Taichi is like earth. His resilience, his level-headedness and his excellent memory are most suited for defensive strategies rather than all-out offensive gameplay.

But even though I root for him, when it comes to ~LUHV I really just like Chihaya with Arata and feel they're best suited for each other. I would say that Chihaya subconsciously knows who she actually likes, but ofc the story tries to make it ambiguous since we're nowhere near the end. I'm Team Arata through and through.

I have to say I didn't care one bit for the screentime @ Chitose. No offense but I don't care for her character at all; she took up screen time unnecessarily.

Love whenever Harada-sensei plays; he's so intense it's hilarious. His element is definitely fire; Chihaya is passionate, but her energy is much more like wind. Anyway, while I genuinely love Harada-sensei's new seiyū I still feel a pang of sorrow hearing his voice and knowing that Unshō Ishizuka cannot be there to voice him. This is why this damn show/manga makes me so emotional; one of the poems perfectly describes this feeling of melancholy+inevitability.

...I can't believe that Chihayafuru basically made me buy three different translations of the Hyakunin Isshu just to get as accurate an understanding as I can of each of the poems. The things I do for love...
Devil-FlamingoNov 7, 2019 7:38 AM
Nov 7, 2019 7:50 AM
May 2014
Devil-Flamingo said:
I love the fact that I read the manga so long ago that I no longer remember who wins this match. I knew it'd come down to Chihaya vs. Taichi but that's all I recall. It's as if I never read the manga at all! Either way, I can't wait to see the match animated.

Anyway I love Taichi and his growth. LOL @ Harada-sensei finally realizing Taichi is best suited for defensive karuta. Taichi is too cool for ultra aggressive karuta. Chihaya is like wind and Arata is like water, but Taichi is like earth. His resilience, his level-headedness and his excellent memory are most suited for defensive strategies rather than all-out offensive gameplay.

But even though I root for him, when it comes to ~LUHV I really just like Chihaya with Arata and feel they're best suited for each other. I would say that Chihaya subconsciously knows who she actually likes, but ofc the story tries to make it ambiguous since we're nowhere near the end. I'm Team Arata through and through.

I have to say I didn't care one bit for the screentime @ Chitose. No offense but I don't care for her character at all; she took up screen time unnecessarily.

Love whenever Harada-sensei plays; he's so intense it's hilarious. His element is definitely fire; Chihaya is passionate, but her energy is much more like wind. Anyway, while I genuinely love Harada-sensei's new seiyū I still feel a pang of sorrow hearing his voice and knowing that Unshō Ishizuka cannot be there to voice him. This is why this damn show/manga makes me so emotional; one of the poems perfectly describes this feeling of melancholy+inevitability.

...I can't believe that Chihayafuru basically made me buy three different translations of the Hyakunin Isshu just to get as accurate an understanding as I can of each of the poems. The things I do for love...

Can you say which versions you buy ? :) i am looking too buy some one
Nov 7, 2019 10:26 AM

Nov 2007
Devil-Flamingo said:

Yet... You cannot take these moments away.

Coronavirus.
Nov 7, 2019 3:47 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, great episodes and development, the story board was excellent.
Also the OST it's pretty good as usually, this time the ED got me impress even though I never listen any ending song.
Can't wait to see the final, hope Chihaya will get surprise by Taichi as Harata.
I was too amaze about Harada-sensei passion, most old people should be like that.
It's a pleasure this quality of shows productions.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 7, 2019 11:53 PM

Oct 2017
Valiantlion960 said:
Can you say which versions you buy ? :) i am looking too buy some one

Sure thing! :)

The one you should try your best to get no matter what is Peter MacMillan's One Hundred Poems, One Poet Each, from Penguin Random House. Get the 2018 revised edition. The original edition (2008) is fine but it's out of print I think. Anyway this translation is absolutely top notch. Notes and observations are helpful, and it has some images (not in colour however) including a map of the locations the poems talk about.

The second one you should aim for is Joshua Mostow's Pictures of the Heart. The publisher is U of Michigan. This translation is from the 90s but it's a very valuable one, and it comes with gorgeous pictures on the book itself. It was out of print for many years, but in 2015 a new edition came out. Because I have it on pdf (if you would like it, send me a message), I have neglected getting the real book, but I plan to do so eventually. :D Some say this one is the best translation, but I like both this one and MacMillan's almos equally but for different reasons.

If you have at least these two, you're pretty much set and good to go. There are however 2 other translations that I personally found worthwhile.

Frank Watson's One Hundred Leaves (published 2013, by Plum White Press) is pretty good, though not as skillfull as the translations above. It comes with many images, in black and white but still beautiful. One particularly useful thing he does is provide "literal notes" which explain literal and/or multiple meanings of Japanese words in the poems; this allows the reader to understand his translation thought process rather than seeing only the final translation. Also, he includes the original Japanese + romaji along with his translated poems; other versions simply include the romaji but not the actual Japanese poem written in kana/kanji.

Lastly, you may consider buying (only if you have the first 2-3 already) Sagnik Bhattacharya's A Hundred Autumn Leaves published in 2015 by Partridge India, an affiliate of Penguin Random House. The author is Indian. His is not a bad translation (not at all!) but I'm unaware of his qualifications to translate the 100 Poems and cannot in good faith recommend him above the others, especially not the first two. You can definitely do without this one.

Hope this has been helpful for you and/or others who might read this too.

shanimebib said:
Yet... You cannot take these moments away.

Aww, dammit! I knew saying this would come back to bite me, hahah. It just goes to show that the show never does or shows anything unnecessarily, and I should've had known better. I haven't kept up with the manga for a long time and don't recall this at all but it makes me happy to read that that happens. :D

This show really goes out of its way to show the complexities of human life and various sides of people's personalities, which is why it's near-impossible to truly actually hate characters in it, even the minor ones. XD
Devil-FlamingoNov 8, 2019 12:05 AM
Nov 8, 2019 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
I can't believe I have to wait a week before the next episode. I'm used to have abundant supplies of Chihayafuru episodes since I binge watched the first two seasons before.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 8, 2019 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
Holy shit, Arata actually lost, that was surprising.
Nov 8, 2019 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
OK, maybe my worries from last episode were misplaced because this episode was really good. What can I say, Sakurazawa talking about herself and Inokuma's resolve ... great stuff. Plus not to mention Harada - oh man, about him I clearly remember what happens in the manga, and I feel for him so much. Losing this match must have been super rough ... and then Hiroshi forfeiting against Chihaya too. I also think Taichi's match was done a disservice - we barely saw any of it and Chihaya slept through the entire thing, when I feel like he's gone through the most change especially with him leaning more towards a defensive style now. Still though, him beating Murao ... and Arata watching so carefully too. I wish we could have gotten some more insight on that match! (Also, clearly the OTP here is Taichi/Arata lol XD) Chihaya vs Taichi as the finals match should be great, and well, wouldn't it be nice if Taichi could fulfill his promise of beating her in a "fair" match? :O I honestly don't remember who wins, but I am HYPED for this match now ... OK, maybe another episode of tournament karuta is fine XD
Nov 8, 2019 8:31 PM

Aug 2018
Taichi vs Chihaya in the finals is fine though
But it could be better if its Taichi vs Arata that would be more exciting, maybe they savin it for the finale or Chihaya vs Arata

Also Arata have a close game against the Queen Shinobu last season but in this ep he lost by 5 consecutive cards oh well they savin him for future matches
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 8, 2019 9:54 PM

Sep 2010
I finally got some time and I did full re-watch of first two seasons before jumping into this one.
I don't know if I caught up at good moment or not because from what I remember in the manga, the next match is pretty much the best match in the entire series and it's pretty much, hands down best match in the entire series and it's best by a long shot.
That was just my impression from reading manga but I always liked Chihayafuru the anime far more.
I have waited 6 years for this season but even more so, I have waited 6 years for this match to be animated.

Ah, I still can't believe that we got season 3.
Nov 9, 2019 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
the climax at the end of episode...hmmm
Nov 10, 2019 7:16 AM

May 2015
You really get invested in these matches! So glad Season 3 is here.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Nov 10, 2019 4:30 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Heavy breathing, That was such a slow, but well paced episode. By far, I was the most on edge even though I totally could see it coming. We're seeing Taichi become the mirror of his enemies. 10/10. (Also just me or they're investing more in more music?)
...can't wait until next episode. Guys. Arata is watching. (I think Taichi will win so then Chihaya can win queens? But dunno if the ironic plot twist is that she doesn't skip her field trip or Taichi will choke... he's good at winning streaks. EYELASHES FIGHTING!)
Nov 10, 2019 5:07 PM
May 2012
I hope Taichi wins....
Nov 12, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2018
The way Ayase won with that lightning-fast speed was very cool. And then she fell asleep right away, priorities. Intense match.
Oh, it's Ayase vs Taichi next episode. Speedy Offense vs Offensive defense seems to be their respective forte. I hope Ayase wins, though it will very likely be a close and intense match as it's been hyped much.
Nov 12, 2019 1:08 PM
Dec 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
rhaphazard said:
It was story-boarded by Atsuko Ishizuka, one of the most talented female directors in the industry.

Atsuko ishizuka and Morio Asaka both of them are a masterclass directors deserving of much more love and respect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2019 3:03 PM
Mar 2017
Chihaya had a very difficult match against Inokuma, but despite that she stayed with the victory, which leaves me very satisfied, I also loved it when Chihaya automatically fell asleep.

What surprised me was that Arata lost, I think everyone has their bad times.
Taichi also had his tense moments against scumbag Sudo, but Taichi also stole the victory from his arrogant rival.

In the end it will be only Taichi who participates in the semifinal against Murao, since Chihaya passed to the finals because Hiroshi gave her the match.
Taichi was very good in his match against Murao, he played in a defensive and effective way, which ended up giving him the victory and passes to the finals.

The next episode will be legendary, Chihaya will face Taichi in the finals, I can't stand the urge to watch that match.
Nov 24, 2019 7:58 AM

May 2016
I'm so hyped I wanna jump from my sit out of excitment for the next match I was so
worried that Chiyaha would show up and throw off Taichi's game.
Nov 27, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2013
Arata lost...?!

Chihaya made it to the final round without having to play in semi-finals?!

Woah, but the best is about to happen... It seems the final match will be between Chihaya and Taichi! :o
Dec 2, 2019 1:17 AM

Oct 2012
Make way for future Queen, former Queen xD

Haha Taichi he believed in his own luck that he'll never get a good luck
So he attacked his opponent instead, knowing his card won't get called

I guess it's true, Taichi is way stronger when Chihaya isn't around him
"Signature removed"
Dec 28, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
Next episode I am rooting for Taichi to beat Chihaya and forever be an impediment to Chihaya meetings Arata on the Karuta floor.
Jan 26, 2020 12:57 PM
Jun 2013
I'm shocked Arata lost and Chihaya won! After that I knew it would be Chihaya vs Taichi. Man I don't want to see him win this (I'm a Taichi hater...).

Character development with all of the characters, especially the minor ones, is really great.
Apr 5, 2020 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Both Chihaya and Taichi won their matches! Nice. But wow Taichi held his own and even won against Murao in the semi finals? That's some incredible growth. I'm very pleased with this. Now it's time for Taichi vs Chihaya.
May 5, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2016
My excitement off the chihaya match basically disappeared when it turned in to further convoluting the already bullshit power of hearing the card before it's read outloud. Now we have to take in to considering not just their pitch,but their accent and even their intonation?

Not a fan of the Taichi-sadist match turning in to another luck based one. We know that he has the skills to win, don't pull the luck card in decisive matches like this. Seems like Arata couldn't hold his own against the former master match qualification winner.

Not really a fan of the guy forfeiting though. Taichi has to go against Murao who won against coach while she gets to rest and be fresh when the finals start. Not really fair if you ask me. I was actually glad seeing that chihaya wasn't there at the match,she would probably would have made the match for Taichi even worse.

Sucks that the coach is being held back by his knee considering that he's the only active coach so far who still playes karuta competitively. Seems like he wore Murao down pretty well. That definitely gave Taichi the edge,not saying that his skill hasn't improved because it definitely has. I would like to see more of it in the final.

Would he nice if chihaya and her sister got a part time job instead of their mom. I mean,the sister is a grown adult for fuck sakes. She should take an active effort in financing her non lucrative hobby. Same goes for Chihaya. It's not like she's doing good at school anyways so it wouldn't matter if she started working. Making their mom get a part time job seems like a dickmove.
Weebslayer89May 5, 2020 12:05 PM
Jun 25, 2020 4:20 PM
Nov 2018
Holy cow taichi is on a roll! Gonna be a very exciting finals, I hope he overcomes his weakness. This just makes me want a taichi be arata match. I’m starting to feel that arata is being more and more shafted in the story
Nov 27, 2020 10:11 AM
Jan 2017
For a player who has been stuck in Class B for so long,winning against so many top players on a trot is very surprising.I guess author had put his story in backburner for so long (he has been in focus in team matches only,his Class B matches were never really the highlight of this series if compared to Chihaya's Class A matches) so author decided to speed up his progress and bring him along with Chihaya and Arata.

It will be really unfair to Chihaya if Taichi wins as Chihaya has been grinding through Class A whereas Taichi has just entered Class A.
CoreFinderNov 27, 2020 10:14 AM
Mar 26, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2018
No way...Taichi Vs Chihaya, this is going to be intense!!!! Good chapter
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.