Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 8, 2019 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
OK, maybe my worries from last episode were misplaced because this episode was really good. What can I say, Sakurazawa talking about herself and Inokuma's resolve ... great stuff. Plus not to mention Harada - oh man, about him I clearly remember what happens in the manga, and I feel for him so much. Losing this match must have been super rough ... and then Hiroshi forfeiting against Chihaya too. I also think Taichi's match was done a disservice - we barely saw any of it and Chihaya slept through the entire thing, when I feel like he's gone through the most change especially with him leaning more towards a defensive style now. Still though, him beating Murao ... and Arata watching so carefully too. I wish we could have gotten some more insight on that match! (Also, clearly the OTP here is Taichi/Arata lol XD) Chihaya vs Taichi as the finals match should be great, and well, wouldn't it be nice if Taichi could fulfill his promise of beating her in a "fair" match? :O I honestly don't remember who wins, but I am HYPED for this match now ... OK, maybe another episode of tournament karuta is fine XD
Nov 8, 2019 8:31 PM

Aug 2018
Taichi vs Chihaya in the finals is fine though
But it could be better if its Taichi vs Arata that would be more exciting, maybe they savin it for the finale or Chihaya vs Arata

Also Arata have a close game against the Queen Shinobu last season but in this ep he lost by 5 consecutive cards oh well they savin him for future matches
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 8, 2019 9:54 PM

Sep 2010
I finally got some time and I did full re-watch of first two seasons before jumping into this one.
I don't know if I caught up at good moment or not because from what I remember in the manga, the next match is pretty much the best match in the entire series and it's pretty much, hands down best match in the entire series and it's best by a long shot.
That was just my impression from reading manga but I always liked Chihayafuru the anime far more.
I have waited 6 years for this season but even more so, I have waited 6 years for this match to be animated.

Ah, I still can't believe that we got season 3.
Nov 9, 2019 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
the climax at the end of episode...hmmm
Nov 10, 2019 7:16 AM

May 2015
You really get invested in these matches! So glad Season 3 is here.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Nov 10, 2019 4:30 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Heavy breathing, That was such a slow, but well paced episode. By far, I was the most on edge even though I totally could see it coming. We're seeing Taichi become the mirror of his enemies. 10/10. (Also just me or they're investing more in more music?)
...can't wait until next episode. Guys. Arata is watching. (I think Taichi will win so then Chihaya can win queens? But dunno if the ironic plot twist is that she doesn't skip her field trip or Taichi will choke... he's good at winning streaks. EYELASHES FIGHTING!)
Nov 10, 2019 5:07 PM
May 2012
I hope Taichi wins....
Nov 12, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2018
The way Ayase won with that lightning-fast speed was very cool. And then she fell asleep right away, priorities. Intense match.
Oh, it's Ayase vs Taichi next episode. Speedy Offense vs Offensive defense seems to be their respective forte. I hope Ayase wins, though it will very likely be a close and intense match as it's been hyped much.
Nov 12, 2019 1:08 PM
Dec 2014
ClickBaitBuster said:
rhaphazard said:
Who directed this episode? The mood and style was off the charts. And Chihayafuru is usually pretty good in that department already.
It was story-boarded by Atsuko Ishizuka, one of the most talented female directors in the industry.

Atsuko ishizuka and Morio Asaka both of them are a masterclass directors deserving of much more love and respect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2019 3:03 PM
Mar 2017
Chihaya had a very difficult match against Inokuma, but despite that she stayed with the victory, which leaves me very satisfied, I also loved it when Chihaya automatically fell asleep.

What surprised me was that Arata lost, I think everyone has their bad times.
Taichi also had his tense moments against scumbag Sudo, but Taichi also stole the victory from his arrogant rival.

In the end it will be only Taichi who participates in the semifinal against Murao, since Chihaya passed to the finals because Hiroshi gave her the match.
Taichi was very good in his match against Murao, he played in a defensive and effective way, which ended up giving him the victory and passes to the finals.

The next episode will be legendary, Chihaya will face Taichi in the finals, I can't stand the urge to watch that match.
Nov 24, 2019 7:58 AM

May 2016
I'm so hyped I wanna jump from my sit out of excitment for the next match I was so
worried that Chiyaha would show up and throw off Taichi's game.
Nov 27, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2013
Arata lost...?!

Chihaya made it to the final round without having to play in semi-finals?!

Woah, but the best is about to happen... It seems the final match will be between Chihaya and Taichi! :o
Dec 2, 2019 1:17 AM

Oct 2012
Make way for future Queen, former Queen xD

Haha Taichi he believed in his own luck that he'll never get a good luck
So he attacked his opponent instead, knowing his card won't get called

I guess it's true, Taichi is way stronger when Chihaya isn't around him
"Signature removed"
Dec 28, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
Next episode I am rooting for Taichi to beat Chihaya and forever be an impediment to Chihaya meetings Arata on the Karuta floor.
Jan 26, 2020 12:57 PM
Jun 2013
I'm shocked Arata lost and Chihaya won! After that I knew it would be Chihaya vs Taichi. Man I don't want to see him win this (I'm a Taichi hater...).

Character development with all of the characters, especially the minor ones, is really great.
Apr 5, 2020 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Both Chihaya and Taichi won their matches! Nice. But wow Taichi held his own and even won against Murao in the semi finals? That's some incredible growth. I'm very pleased with this. Now it's time for Taichi vs Chihaya.
May 5, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2016
My excitement off the chihaya match basically disappeared when it turned in to further convoluting the already bullshit power of hearing the card before it's read outloud. Now we have to take in to considering not just their pitch,but their accent and even their intonation?

Not a fan of the Taichi-sadist match turning in to another luck based one. We know that he has the skills to win, don't pull the luck card in decisive matches like this. Seems like Arata couldn't hold his own against the former master match qualification winner.

Not really a fan of the guy forfeiting though. Taichi has to go against Murao who won against coach while she gets to rest and be fresh when the finals start. Not really fair if you ask me. I was actually glad seeing that chihaya wasn't there at the match,she would probably would have made the match for Taichi even worse.

Sucks that the coach is being held back by his knee considering that he's the only active coach so far who still playes karuta competitively. Seems like he wore Murao down pretty well. That definitely gave Taichi the edge,not saying that his skill hasn't improved because it definitely has. I would like to see more of it in the final.

Would he nice if chihaya and her sister got a part time job instead of their mom. I mean,the sister is a grown adult for fuck sakes. She should take an active effort in financing her non lucrative hobby. Same goes for Chihaya. It's not like she's doing good at school anyways so it wouldn't matter if she started working. Making their mom get a part time job seems like a dickmove.
Weebslayer89May 5, 2020 12:05 PM
Jun 25, 2020 4:20 PM
Nov 2018
Holy cow taichi is on a roll! Gonna be a very exciting finals, I hope he overcomes his weakness. This just makes me want a taichi be arata match. I’m starting to feel that arata is being more and more shafted in the story
Nov 27, 2020 10:11 AM
Jan 2017
For a player who has been stuck in Class B for so long,winning against so many top players on a trot is very surprising.I guess author had put his story in backburner for so long (he has been in focus in team matches only,his Class B matches were never really the highlight of this series if compared to Chihaya's Class A matches) so author decided to speed up his progress and bring him along with Chihaya and Arata.

It will be really unfair to Chihaya if Taichi wins as Chihaya has been grinding through Class A whereas Taichi has just entered Class A.
CoreFinderNov 27, 2020 10:14 AM
Mar 26, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2018
No way...Taichi Vs Chihaya, this is going to be intense!!!! Good chapter
Apr 17, 2021 4:45 AM

Aug 2015
Chihaya vs Taichi for the final, OMG O__O

Very surprised that Arata lost against Tsuboguchi. As always, the author manages to make the results of the matches very unpredictable.
Jul 14, 2021 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Arata losing from Tsuboguchi sure came as a twist considering with how much he was hyped to beat Suo. On the other side Chihaya and especially Taichi with his newly learned defensive karuta have shown some great growth, time to see how well they would fare against on another.

Oct 4, 2021 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
I love this series so much! After losing a lot in the second half of last season, Chihaya is now more amazing than ever, beating a four-time ex-Queen like that, even after the Queen got all serious.

It's definitely Chihaya alright to suddenly realise that she's not playing karuta when she should be at that moment lol

You go, Taichi! As someone who really loves his character and his growth, I can't help but be so happy that Taichi's reached where he is now. He's got bad luck, no momentum, but he sure has skill, brains, memorisation, and hard work. That's my Taichi.

And now, finally, for the first time in real tournament, Taichi is going against Chihaya in the finals! I wonder how the match will go. I'm so hyped for this!
Sep 2, 2022 8:35 PM
Jun 2021
HAVE YOU SEEN MASHIMA TAICHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 23, 2022 7:53 AM
Apr 2018
Sorry I'm calling out the complete BS of this outcome. They've literally gone from getting smoked vs B and low level A tier players... to actually coming 1st and 2nd place. Sorry but no. Mashima's rapid improvement is highly unbelievable & breaks my suspension of disbelief 10 fold. And don't get me started on Chihaya's magic upgrades... she got slaughtered vs the queen.. and while she is showing good progress, to get to this stage to quickly is yet again BS imho. So in theory if they vs Arata they should roughly equal or beat him now. LOL... what a joke.
Apr 14, 2023 8:04 PM

Jul 2016
Arata not making it to the final was shocking enough but Taichi getting in? Dude's growth is legitimately crazy.

The image of Dr. Harada holding Murao down lmao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.