Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Chihayafuru 3 Episode 4 Discussion

Nov 5, 9:00 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haruka (Chihaya's opponent) has quite an unique playstyle as a former queen.

This episode's match turned out to be an intense experience between both players imo. The amount of mind games and thoughts going through their heads and anticipating each other brings out some great gameplay moments. The other matches seems alright although I personally found Chihaya vs. Haruka to be the most exciting one this episode.

Nov 5, 9:10 AM

She just learned from Nikuman that she's ex-queen. Good start, but ex-queen is more experienced.

It seems like the audiences are looking at ex-queen more for return.

Ex-queen not organizing the cards as progresses.

That annoying guy again... he's annoying Mamo's character. But he's trying to calm himself.

Chihaya still thinking about her queen while fighting against ex-queen. Several Seiro (getting at same time).
Modified by tsubasalover, Nov 5, 2:31 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Nov 5, 9:39 AM
Too much hipe for this novel ,the Karuta game itself is boring and the story (romance ) behind it is so cliched,been lots of chapters and no one knows with who will end Chihaya, the author is pushing to much the story ,making it dense and tiring.

Nov 5, 9:57 AM
kamehameha455 said:
Too much hipe for this novel ,the Karuta game itself is boring and the story (romance ) behind it is so cliched,been lots of chapters and no one knows with who will end Chihaya, the author is pushing to much the story ,making it dense and tiring.
karuta is boring!! Please stop watching
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 5, 12:54 PM

Music direction in this one was stellar, really fit the twists and turns of the karuta matches.

I think the balance between the four matches was about right in terms of story importance, but I still feel like it's so rushed. I wanna see a full karuta game play out T_T
#PrayForKyoAni

Nov 5, 1:16 PM
Kami-sama

That was INTENSE! It's only the beginning of the season and the stakes already seem so high !

Nov 5, 1:25 PM
Loving all the different matches and how Taichi is being developed. The music is amazing as well.
Modified by envoirment, Nov 11, 5:40 PM

Nov 5, 2:15 PM

Beautiful. I love Inokuma's unique playstyle. I really love this tournament. Can't wait for the semis, but honestly... The finals... Oh, god. Oh, god.

Nov 5, 4:42 PM
That was so so evil of Sudo, made me laugh though hahaha "Oh, so you didn't see." Just like expected, Chihaya's match is very intense and awesome! I hope she'll manage to pull it off somehow. Notice how Arata isn't even sweating?

Nov 5, 5:12 PM

twoego said:
Notice how Arata isn't even sweating?

He had his sweat against Yuumin, lol.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Nov 5, 5:15 PM
shanimebib said:
twoego said:
Notice how Arata isn't even sweating?

He had his sweat against Yuumin, lol.
I see - Arata ran out of sweat against him!

Nov 5, 5:52 PM

That was fantastic, watching all these matches play out is nothing short of exciting.

Nov 5, 8:06 PM
Got to love the team matches Inockuma has great hearing

Nov 5, 10:34 PM

Retro finally managed to get out of B class. The guy was stuck in it for the longest.
“The sound of the Gion Shoja temple bells echoes the impermanence of all things;
The color of the sala flowers reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall.
The proud do not endure, like a passing dream on a night in spring;
The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.”

Nov 5, 11:47 PM

It's a team battle, alright! Mad props to Dr. Harada for that little boost, he's been a fabulous mentor from the very start and seeing him actively propel the others forward in the game is amazing!

Man, all of these matches are fudging lit! I've a feeling Taichi and Dr. Harada will lose though but I can't wait to see how the battle unfolds. And why end the episode there? I've a feeling the former Queen, or Inokuma-san, is going to fire back now that her son is watching. Good luck with that Chihaya! Congrats to Retro-kun on the other hand, that was quite some celebration there xD.

Seriously Awesome episode! Starting to really dig the Op visuals now! It's a pity that the Op is just for 1:10 though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 6, 4:27 AM

Hilarious how Retro was celebrating lmao

And not much to say aside from that it was another stunning episode. The intenseness is something else and I love the portrayal of Inokuma. Her thirst to win and to prove herself are legit.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Nov 6, 5:37 AM

Wow Chihaya actually won the first card against a strong opponent! That's a first.

This season is going very intense, I love it.
Everyone should read Tower of God. The art is the best.

Nov 6, 9:03 AM

All Shiranami Karuta Society members are going strong. You can almost cut the atmosphere with a knife.

Nov 6, 9:57 PM

Good episode, but I have to say I'm a little worried ... how many episodes is this tournament going to take? I must admit that while the karuta matches are really exciting, spending so much time on them reminds me of S2 where the pacing fell off a cliff at the high school tournament. We didn't even finish the match this episode!!! Now I love the analytics and the playing styles and the Society "team match" vibe, but there are still 2 rounds left and if those each take more than an episode, and THEN we've got the qualifiers ... when's everything else gonna happen? :( Still though, good to see everyone and their growth in their game, such as Taichi trying out his new techniques and Chihaya being able to focus as well against Inokuma. I don't really remember this tournament in the manga (it's been ages since I read it) but I hope that it wraps up relatively quickly so we can get some non-karuta episodes as well >_<

Nov 8, 8:00 PM

Im feeling that Taichi will be the only one who advancing in 4 of them but we will see
#PrayForKyoAni

Nov 9, 3:54 AM

hm glasses kun lost...that was something hmm

Yesterday, 7:16 AM

I always love when Chihayafuru is read and Ayase wins it.
And I said before too but both the OP and ED are really good, esp. the latter.

Yesterday, 3:41 PM

BitterBones said:

Chihayaburu, not Chihayafuru. :)
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

8 hours ago
This episode had epic matches, Taichi against scumbag Sudo and Chihaya against Inokuma, who was a queen and without a doubt each participant was watching the match of Chihaya, but in turn they were attentive to the imposing rivals before them.

Chihaya's match against Inokuma was the most intense, the public's attention was focused on how the high-school girl faced the ex queen equally.

Taichi has to put up with scumbag Sudo and his irritating personality, they should have penalized him for being a moron, but Taichi begins to be more cunning and takes advantage of the fatigue of this imbecil.

Chihaya took advantage over Inokuma and Taichi and Dr. Harada also recover against their opponents, but the intecity of each match is increasingly overwhelming, who will win?

5 hours ago

shanimebib said:
BitterBones said:

Chihayaburu, not Chihayafuru. :)

Ah it escaped my mind, my bad.

Preview MangaManga Store