Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haruka (Chihaya's opponent) has quite an unique playstyle as a former queen.

This episode's match turned out to be an intense experience between both players imo. The amount of mind games and thoughts going through their heads and anticipating each other brings out some great gameplay moments. The other matches seems alright although I personally found Chihaya vs. Haruka to be the most exciting one this episode.
Nov 5, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2007
She just learned from Nikuman that she's ex-queen. Good start, but ex-queen is more experienced.

It seems like the audiences are looking at ex-queen more for return.

Ex-queen not organizing the cards as progresses.

That annoying guy again... he's annoying Mamo's character. But he's trying to calm himself.

Chihaya still thinking about her queen while fighting against ex-queen. Several Seiro (getting at same time).
tsubasaloverNov 5, 2019 2:31 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2019 9:39 AM
Apr 2014
Too much hipe for this novel ,the Karuta game itself is boring and the story (romance ) behind it is so cliched,been lots of chapters and no one knows with who will end Chihaya, the author is pushing to much the story ,making it dense and tiring.
Nov 5, 2019 9:57 AM
Dec 2014
kamehameha455 said:
Too much hipe for this novel ,the Karuta game itself is boring and the story (romance ) behind it is so cliched,been lots of chapters and no one knows with who will end Chihaya, the author is pushing to much the story ,making it dense and tiring.
karuta is boring!! Please stop watching
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2019 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
Music direction in this one was stellar, really fit the twists and turns of the karuta matches.

I think the balance between the four matches was about right in terms of story importance, but I still feel like it's so rushed. I wanna see a full karuta game play out T_T
Nov 5, 2019 1:16 PM

Feb 2011
That was INTENSE! It's only the beginning of the season and the stakes already seem so high !
Nov 5, 2019 1:25 PM
Oct 2013
Loving all the different matches and how Taichi is being developed. The music is amazing as well.
envoirmentNov 11, 2019 5:40 PM
Nov 5, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
Beautiful. I love Inokuma's unique playstyle. I really love this tournament. Can't wait for the semis, but honestly... The finals... Oh, god. Oh, god.
Nov 5, 2019 4:42 PM
Apr 2016
That was so so evil of Sudo, made me laugh though hahaha "Oh, so you didn't see." Just like expected, Chihaya's match is very intense and awesome! I hope she'll manage to pull it off somehow. Notice how Arata isn't even sweating?
Nov 5, 2019 5:12 PM

Nov 2007
twoego said:
Notice how Arata isn't even sweating?

He had his sweat against Yuumin, lol.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 5, 2019 5:15 PM
Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
twoego said:
Notice how Arata isn't even sweating?

He had his sweat against Yuumin, lol.
I see - Arata ran out of sweat against him!
Nov 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic, watching all these matches play out is nothing short of exciting.
Nov 5, 2019 8:06 PM
Mar 2015
Got to love the team matches Inockuma has great hearing
Nov 5, 2019 10:34 PM

Feb 2019
Retro finally managed to get out of B class. The guy was stuck in it for the longest.
Nov 5, 2019 11:47 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's a team battle, alright! Mad props to Dr. Harada for that little boost, he's been a fabulous mentor from the very start and seeing him actively propel the others forward in the game is amazing!

Man, all of these matches are fudging lit! I've a feeling Taichi and Dr. Harada will lose though but I can't wait to see how the battle unfolds. And why end the episode there? I've a feeling the former Queen, or Inokuma-san, is going to fire back now that her son is watching. Good luck with that Chihaya! Congrats to Retro-kun on the other hand, that was quite some celebration there xD.

Seriously Awesome episode! Starting to really dig the Op visuals now! It's a pity that the Op is just for 1:10 though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 6, 2019 4:27 AM

Nov 2016
Hilarious how Retro was celebrating lmao

And not much to say aside from that it was another stunning episode. The intenseness is something else and I love the portrayal of Inokuma. Her thirst to win and to prove herself are legit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2019 5:37 AM

May 2019
Wow Chihaya actually won the first card against a strong opponent! That's a first.

This season is going very intense, I love it.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 6, 2019 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
All Shiranami Karuta Society members are going strong. You can almost cut the atmosphere with a knife.
Nov 6, 2019 9:57 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but I have to say I'm a little worried ... how many episodes is this tournament going to take? I must admit that while the karuta matches are really exciting, spending so much time on them reminds me of S2 where the pacing fell off a cliff at the high school tournament. We didn't even finish the match this episode!!! Now I love the analytics and the playing styles and the Society "team match" vibe, but there are still 2 rounds left and if those each take more than an episode, and THEN we've got the qualifiers ... when's everything else gonna happen? :( Still though, good to see everyone and their growth in their game, such as Taichi trying out his new techniques and Chihaya being able to focus as well against Inokuma. I don't really remember this tournament in the manga (it's been ages since I read it) but I hope that it wraps up relatively quickly so we can get some non-karuta episodes as well >_<
Nov 8, 2019 8:00 PM

Aug 2018
Im feeling that Taichi will be the only one who advancing in 4 of them but we will see
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 9, 2019 3:54 AM

Dec 2014
hm glasses kun lost...that was something hmm
Nov 12, 2019 7:16 AM

Nov 2018
I always love when Chihayafuru is read and Ayase wins it.
And I said before too but both the OP and ED are really good, esp. the latter.
Nov 12, 2019 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
BitterBones said:

Chihayaburu, not Chihayafuru. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2019 7:42 PM
Mar 2017
This episode had epic matches, Taichi against scumbag Sudo and Chihaya against Inokuma, who was a queen and without a doubt each participant was watching the match of Chihaya, but in turn they were attentive to the imposing rivals before them.

Chihaya's match against Inokuma was the most intense, the public's attention was focused on how the high-school girl faced the ex queen equally.

Taichi has to put up with scumbag Sudo and his irritating personality, they should have penalized him for being a moron, but Taichi begins to be more cunning and takes advantage of the fatigue of this imbecil.

Chihaya took advantage over Inokuma and Taichi and Dr. Harada also recover against their opponents, but the intecity of each match is increasingly overwhelming, who will win?
Nov 12, 2019 11:06 PM

Nov 2018
shanimebib said:
BitterBones said:

Chihayaburu, not Chihayafuru. :)

Ah it escaped my mind, my bad.
Nov 24, 2019 4:43 AM

May 2016
Dont have much to say beside how intense the episode was and Retro's win was hilarious.
Nov 27, 2019 8:15 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was quite chaotic due to many duels showed at once. But it's good. By that we saw the dynamic nature of this tournament and didn't have several episodes prolonging everything by showing detailed scenes of each match. :)
Dec 2, 2019 12:53 AM

Oct 2012
Sorry Inokuma, you're a former Queen? Well make way for future Queen, Chihaya xD

I think I remember who win this match accidentally from my memory

Kinda sad that this anime can't really make Karuta popular outside Japan
Ofc because of the language barrier :P

At least it made Karuta kinda popular in Japan, whenever I saw Karuta matches on youtube, there's at least 1 Chihayafuru comment xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 5, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
Quarterfinals! Inokuma is proving to be a formidable player. I guess her consecutive years as queen isn't for show.

Who I'm really impressed with though is Taichi. He made it to the quarterfinals and is holding his own against Sudo; he only made to A class not too long ago as well. Nice growth.
Apr 24, 2020 4:38 PM

Sep 2019
Amazing counterattack from Shiranami Karuta club.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
May 5, 2020 11:44 AM
Feb 2016
I was kinda tuning out during the match when Chihaya was just dominating. Would be nice if they showed more of Murao vs the coach. Taichi is doing fairly well against the sadist,seems like it's going to be a close match. I don't know if Arata has what it takes to win against the guy who won the qualifications last year and was one match away from playing against the master.
Jun 24, 2020 10:03 PM
Nov 2018
what an intense top 8! always love these karuta battles. i'm so glad we are seeing some taichi growth here. we are lacking some arata monologues though.
Mar 26, 2021 2:56 AM

Aug 2018
THE TENSION!!! Great chapter
Jul 14, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
Old man Harada is a legend for having the bad etiquette of just shouting out 'Got there in time' in the quarterfinals so he can motivate his society members. I love how Sudo and Taichi came to the same conclusion that they both didn't want to be bested by Retro of all people.

Oct 4, 2021 5:58 AM

Feb 2019
So. Intense.

My heart was beating out of my chest the whole time. Chihaya is becoming scarier with each episode. She's forcing the four time ex-Queen to intensify her play, even sending her 「から」card to her and successfully taking it.

I bet Sakurazawa-sensei will say that she has what it takes to become Queen even if she doesn't defeat her, because she took that 「から」card that Sakurazawa herself never could take.

All four matches are intense. Harada-sensei's tactics of intimidation lol

I need to see how this ends argh
May 3, 2022 5:28 PM
Jul 2013
It's a 4 on 4 team match alright. Harada-sensei is still a beast despite his age.

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.