Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2018
Franky I think pineapple does not go on pizza like how Gordon Ramsay said, "You don't put pineapple on a f#@"% pizza". Apparently pineapple on pizza is called Hawaiian Pizza.

Nov 3, 2019 8:36 AM

Mar 2018
A week ago we had a similar thread so I ask you what's the point behind making another one after such a short time? At least wait for few months or even better a whole year...

I never had a pineapple pizza, so I won't know until I get a taste of it. Only then can I say if it belongs there or not.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 3, 2019 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
Luchse said:
A week ago we had a similar thread so I ask you what's the point behind making another one after such a short time? At least wait for few months or even better a whole year...

I never had a pineapple pizza, so I won't know until I get a taste of it. Only then can I say if it belongs there or not.

Ah I see, well I haven't been on here for months or so, so I didn't know there was a similar thread to this, but thanks anyways for letting me know.

Nov 3, 2019 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
While it's not my favorite, I do like pineapple on pizza, and I don't care what Gordon Ramsay says, because he specializes in cuisine that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

At least it's not as crazy as corn on pizza.

Nov 3, 2019 9:04 AM
Feb 2017
Of course it doesn’t. It’s the same as saying Emilia is best girl, both sides have terrible tastes that are scientifically incorrect.
Nov 3, 2019 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
I dont even like pineapple, so NO!

just NO!
Nov 3, 2019 11:18 AM
Aug 2016
As long as it doesn't take bad, I don't care. Never tried it tho.
Nov 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Oct 2019
I could give less of a shit about it. I don't have any particularly strong views on it.
Nov 3, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2016
I really dislike it, but peeps are free to eat whatever they want.
Nov 3, 2019 2:16 PM
May 2018
Not sure if it belongs on pizza, or not, but I tried it, and it is very good.
Nov 3, 2019 2:47 PM

Nov 2019
does this question belong on the internet? oooh!
Nov 3, 2019 4:12 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Apparently the inventor was a Greek person named Sam Panopoulos. He moved to Canada at the age of 20 in 1956, then in 1962 after series of desperate attempts to make his restaurant "unique" he decided to try putting pineapple on the pizza and called it "Hawaiian". According to his own words he named it after the brand of canned pineapple that he used that day.

He died in 2017.

As for the question in the topic - you can put anything that's edible on it. Pineapple pizza is quite disgusting though.
Nov 3, 2019 7:55 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Yes pineapple totally belongs on pizza (frankly that's really the only time I'll eat pineapple). Pizza is generally very greasy, so by adding little condensed bursts of sugary sweetness, it nicely balances out the grease. Sure you can enjoy a nice delicious meat lovers pizza without pineapple, but by adding a few pieces you enhance the taste and also make sure that anybody with a weak stomach doesn't feel ill after eating all that greasy pizza.
KyotosomoNov 3, 2019 8:00 PM
Nov 3, 2019 9:27 PM

Feb 2015
Pineapple won't go along well if it's already too sweet. It should have a hint of sourness so as not to overwhelm the taste of the pizza. Just think of it as a sweet alternative to bell peppers.

It's not even close to being unattractive as the Sardinian's specialty, Casu Marzu.
KonradikonNov 3, 2019 9:30 PM
Nov 3, 2019 11:56 PM
Jun 2019
No i don't think that it does because the taste of the pineapple does not fit together with the taste of the rest of the pizza, The pineapple tastes too sweet.
Nov 3, 2019 11:58 PM

Aug 2016
No                     
Nov 4, 2019 3:03 AM

Apr 2012
It goes on some pizzas and not others, because some people want to eat pizzas with pineapple on, and other people don't.
Nov 4, 2019 5:24 AM

Sep 2009
Up to individual creativity and innovation on food...
Nov 4, 2019 6:26 AM

Mar 2016
Nope, but its okay to use it .
Nope, but its okay to use it .
Nov 4, 2019 11:22 AM

May 2013
It's actually pretty good.

Like yeah at first you think it's wack. Then it turns out it's a pretty neat combination.

But you are a fag if you eat hawaiian more than once in a blue moon. You're that guy who likes it every time.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 4, 2019 3:02 PM

Mar 2008
149597871 said:
Apparently the inventor was a Greek person named Sam Panopoulos. He moved to Canada at the age of 20 in 1956, then in 1962 after series of desperate attempts to make his restaurant "unique" he decided to try putting pineapple on the pizza and called it "Hawaiian". According to his own words he named it after the brand of canned pineapple that he used that day.

He died in 2017.

As for the question in the topic - you can put anything that's edible on it. Pineapple pizza is quite disgusting though.

The pinapple is to bring out the sweet components of the canadian bacon. In Hawaii they commonly serve ham with pineapple glaze. It doesn't really work by itself or with any other meat than pork based.
Nov 4, 2019 3:19 PM

May 2013
the only fruit that belongs on a pizza is a tomato tbh

pineapple pizza is ew, i don't like the combination of sweet and salty/savory in my pizza

Nov 4, 2019 3:52 PM
May 2019
It's a preference I find it gross personally.
Nov 4, 2019 6:40 PM

Dec 2018
absolutely. it only works when its a drier piece of pineapple so that the pizza isn't covered in water after its cooked, and it tastes best with a pork product, like ham or bacon or even pepperoni. cheap crappy pizza places make crappy Hawaiian pizza but if you go to a good place then it tastes great!
Nov 4, 2019 7:39 PM

May 2016
I like Hawaiian pizza but without the pineapple lul

Biting into a pineapple chunk that's hidden under the cheese was always an unpleasant experience for me so I'd say that it doesn't belong on pizza personally.

Nov 4, 2019 9:17 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
traed said:
149597871 said:

He died in 2017.

The pinapple is to bring out the sweet components of the canadian bacon. In Hawaii they commonly serve ham with pineapple glaze. It doesn't really work by itself or with any other meat than pork based.

Well, most recipes indeed recommend using ham, I'm quite confused as here there is a slight difference bacon and ham. Or is Canadian bacon more like ham than "usual" bacon? Sorry, I honestly don't have a clear idea.

I actually like pineapple as it tastes pretty good and unlike the majority of other fruits here the prices aren't astronomical. However I don't really get why you have to cook the pineapple with the pizza. Wouldn't it be better if you eat it as a side dish or just put it on the top right before you eat the slice of pizza?

149597871Nov 4, 2019 9:21 PM
Nov 4, 2019 9:50 PM

May 2019
ziovice said:
Franky I think pineapple does not go on pizza like how Gordon Ramsay said, "You don't put pineapple on a f#@"% pizza". Apparently pineapple on pizza is called Hawaiian Pizza.

There is no intrinsic order to the universe bro. There are locations in the universe, but nothing is ever in its rightful place, nor in its wrongful place for that matter.
*hits blunt*
Anyway, I've never eaten pineapple pizza and just wanted in on the meme thread. My guess is I'd probably like it.
BlakexEkalb said:
Of course it doesn’t. It’s the same as saying Emilia is best girl, both sides have terrible tastes that are scientifically incorrect.

She's best girl for blowing Subaru off tbh. If she's not best girl, Ram is best girl for being away from his bullshit entirely.
Nov 4, 2019 10:11 PM

Feb 2015
traed said:

In the Philippines, we don't glaze our ham but we instead baste it with pineapple sauce. Pineapple also works with chicken/poultry though we're now talking about dishes here.

Also, when we eat pineapple by itself, we tend to put a pinch of salt to counterbalance the tinge of sourness so the sweetness would stood out.

Nov 4, 2019 11:32 PM

Mar 2008
149597871 said:
traed said:

Well, most recipes indeed recommend using ham, I'm quite confused as here there is a slight difference bacon and ham. Or is Canadian bacon more like ham than "usual" bacon? Sorry, I honestly don't have a clear idea.

I actually like pineapple as it tastes pretty good and unlike the majority of other fruits here the prices aren't astronomical. However I don't really get why you have to cook the pineapple with the pizza. Wouldn't it be better if you eat it as a side dish or just put it on the top right before you eat the slice of pizza?

There is a difference between ham and canadian bacon (it's a different but related cut of meat) but they taste quite similar when cooked so the difference is negligible when it comes to pizza.

I think it's how the juices of the pinapple mix with pizza grease. It makes the grease not taste so bad. On a pizza that isn't very greasy pinapple doesn't seem to have same effect on flavour enhancement.

Konradikon said:
traed said:

In the Philippines, we don't glaze our ham but we instead baste it with pineapple sauce. Pineapple also works with chicken/poultry though we're now talking about dishes here.

Also, when we eat pineapple by itself, we tend to put a pinch of salt to counterbalance the tinge of sourness so the sweetness would stood out.

Well yeah pinapple tenderizes meat due to the enzyme action. This makes the meat more tender.
Nov 5, 2019 5:57 AM

Oct 2009
i never like it before. but ya know when TONY was broke living in the hood. it grew on me
Nov 5, 2019 10:41 AM
Feb 2017
Ever heard of a Bloody Mary? If putting Worcestershire sauce in alcohol is socially acceptable, so is putting pineapples on pizza. The sweetness of the pineapple goes well with the taste of pizza sauce.
Nov 5, 2019 10:46 AM

Apr 2013
It tastes good and isn't bad for health, so I don't see why we should avoid having pineapple on pizzas. Not like every pizza are suddenly going to have pineapple on them, variety isn't a bad thing~
Nov 5, 2019 10:56 AM

Nov 2008

Nope. Nasty AF. xD

ziovice said:
Franky I think pineapple does not go on pizza like how Gordon Ramsay said, "You don't put pineapple on a f#@"% pizza".

Gordon Ramsay is always right.

Nov 5, 2019 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:

Nope. Nasty AF. xD

ziovice said:
Franky I think pineapple does not go on pizza like how Gordon Ramsay said, "You don't put pineapple on a f#@"% pizza".

Gordon Ramsay is always right.

No, he's not. He has horrible taste.

If you want to complain about corn on pizza, sure, but pineapple on pizza is actually pretty good, depending on where the pizza is made.

Nov 5, 2019 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
I just don't think citrus, cheese, and tomato sauce should be mixed.

The very thought is nauseating to me.

Nov 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Mar 2019
Are the bourgeois truly involved in a debate about taste præferences?

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 5, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2018
Of course not. I'd rather eat vegan food than pineapple pizza. Absolutely fucking disgusting. Even the best chef in the world agrees with me.
Nov 10, 2019 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
yes, only fascists try to gatekeep pineapple from pizza.

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

44 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by vasipi4946 »»
38 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

3 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.