Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you've put on-hold for the longest time

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Nov 3, 2019 6:13 AM

what anime have you put on-hold for the longest time that you've been meaning to watch but never get round to it?

For me it's Kokoro Connect. It's been on-hold for a long time but I never get the chance to continue because of other anime on my Plan to Watch list.

Nov 3, 2019 6:35 AM

The (whatever whatever whatever) life of Saiki K.

for good reason
yah yeet eat my skeet

Bleach has been on-hold for five years now. Despite my taste having changed and I probably won't like it as much, I still want to complete it since it's annoying to have watched so many epsiodes yet not completed it.

I didn't update my profile for most of 2018 so I'm not entirely sure, but probably Blood + or Steins;Gate

Nov 3, 2019 6:40 AM

I don't know, I don't even really use the on-hold list because I know that if I'm taking a break from watching a particular series, it's almost certain that I'll completely lose interest over time and drop it anyway. So on-hold is for airing anime and anything else goes into dropped. I might still come back to some anime I dropped if I feel like it, it rarely happens but it does. The only likely candidates rn are HxH (dropped 3 months ago) and Mo Dao Zu Shi (dropped 1,5 month ago).

Nov 3, 2019 6:42 AM

One Piece, I started watching it years ago and watched a bit of it (around 150/200 episodes) but I had to stop watching anime because I was super busy. I still haven't picked it ut since then but I'll probably start from scratch when i get back to it

Nov 3, 2019 6:43 AM

katekyo hitman reborn, I have it on hold since 2015...

Nov 3, 2019 6:47 AM

I think Baki has been on there the longest. I try not to put anime on hold but it's something I do want to want but also at the same time I don't. I may never get back to it.

Sounds gay. I'm in!

I f*ucking hate optimism.

Nov 3, 2019 6:49 AM

I think it might be the end of Elfen Lied!

Nov 3, 2019 7:30 AM

Ouran Koukou Host Club and 07-Ghost. I don't know if I'll ever finish them but I don't want to drop them either. Both have been on hold for almost two years.

Nov 3, 2019 7:39 AM
I started watching Fairy Tail and put it on hold at 12 episode, then 1 year later a continued it till a finished it.
I watched the first episode of Steins;Gate and then I dropped it and continued it the next year, same with Erased.
With Fairy Tail it was that I had just finished watching the whole Naruto and really loved it (it became one of my favorites), then a few weeks later I started FT and it didn’t feel the same way as Naruto and I wasn’t in the mood for a long series so I dropped it and a year later decided to give it another try.
Steins;Gate and Erased it was that I liked the first episode but didn’t watch the second right away, then it had passed around two days and didn’t watch the next episode so I dropped them to watch them another day.

Nov 3, 2019 7:43 AM

Definitely Shaman King, I like it but after i put it on-hold for some reason, I didn't ever continue it still today.

Nov 3, 2019 7:50 AM

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, cuz I’ve already read manga and lazy to watch anime.

Nov 3, 2019 7:54 AM

Re-zero. I just don't feel like watching it after the whole 'I love emilia' bullshit. Remi x subaru was beautiful to watch but they just haad to ruin it somehow.

Nov 3, 2019 7:57 AM

as in plan to watch but never do? not sure, there's tons of shows like that. shiki is one I think I had in PTW for like 5 years before I started watching it

as for actual on-hold list, I've watched a bit of nana in early 2015 and havent returned to since (but I plan to)

Nov 3, 2019 8:06 AM
For me it is Beatless (650 days) followed by Daily Lives of High School Boys (649 days) followed by Eureka Seven (615 days) . I completed them recently because my list was getting to many on-holds and watching..lol

I know this because my list gets automatically updated along with dates using a Chrome Plug-in if you were wondering...lol (since last year only though, so many are not updated by dates since I watched them prior joining MAL)

Nov 3, 2019 8:09 AM

Bleach since the day I created this account and it can stay there till I rot.

Nov 3, 2019 8:11 AM
-Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge because I started to watch on my own but after I watched with my father and brother, that's why I can't make any advances.

-black clover because it was streaming sub on TV but after I change place I put it in hold on.

Nov 3, 2019 8:15 AM
I have had Black Butler on hold for 4 or 5 years. I do intend to eventually watch it, but I just haven't had the motivation I guess. I've been more interested in other shows.

Nov 3, 2019 8:23 AM

I have many which have been on hold for a couple of years and I've nearly finished them all but right now the oldest is Fairy Tail with 674 days; when I have only watched 11 episodes.

Nov 3, 2019 8:27 AM

It's either Fairy Tail, Bleach, or Bakuman. Can't really remember which I put on hold first but I know they've been there pretty much since I started this account honestly.

Tell me, what is this bright side of life that you speak of?

Anime List|Manga List|My Art|Letterboxd

Nov 3, 2019 8:30 AM

I’ve got so many but I’ll just list whatever comes at the top of my head now.

Longest so far I think has to be the Monogatari Series followed by the Fate Series, Magi Series, Bakuman Series, the Shakugan no Shana Series etc.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 3, 2019 8:31 AM
tsubasa_ said:
Bleach since the day I created this account and it can stay there till I rot.
Uhh why don't you just drop it then??

Nov 3, 2019 8:35 AM
Oregairu second season, it's just kinda boring to me. At this point I've already forgotten everything I've watched anyway so when I finally get to it again I guess I oughta start over

Nov 3, 2019 8:40 AM
VMC President

Clannad after story, I have had it since 2016 and I'm not sure if I even still want to watch it
I just got tired of the all everybody is so miserable switch and repeat thing going on with that show

Nov 3, 2019 8:43 AM

Anything on my hold are recaps/summaries of the franchise I've watched. I plan to wait at least 2.5 years since I completed before I go back to the recaps/summaries.

Nov 3, 2019 8:49 AM

Gintama is my forever on hold title. I watched all seasons starting from 2015 though. It's easier to watch when it's airing.

Nov 3, 2019 8:59 AM

Monster. On hold since 2017. I watched like 15 episodes before taking a break. Never got around to starting it again since I get caught deciding between whether to start from where I left off or from ep 1. Shouldn't overthink it too much and just start.

Nov 3, 2019 11:18 AM

That would have to be Assassination Classroom. I've read the manga in its entirety, my wife has watched the anime fully and praises it, I just can't make myself watch it cause I "already know what's going to happen" is this a problem that other manga readers have when they try to watch the anime adaptation?

Nov 3, 2019 11:29 AM

I put One Piece on on-hold for around a year or so, but I manage to resume it and now I'm almost up to date with it.
Never put on on-hold something that I never resumed. If I have something on on-hold and I don't plan to resume it ever again, I just drop it.

Nov 3, 2019 11:34 AM

One Piece. I was 100 % sure that it was just another shitty-battle shounen. Now I just can't stop watching it.

Nov 3, 2019 11:53 AM

I currently have only 3 animes on-hold, so...I guess the oldest one has to be Inuyasha, which might be 4-5 months old, more or less
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

Nov 3, 2019 11:02 PM
FMAB. I have watched like seven episodes or so but I really just don't feel like watching it. Its been on hold for like 2 years.

Nov 3, 2019 11:06 PM

Long ago I had watched about 10-20 episodes of Monster and put it on hold for about 10 years. Finished it just year ago

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 3, 2019 11:30 PM

Anime that I put On-Hold for a long time I just nuke the progress and start over.

I get around to everything. I have an incentive to now for MBTI analysis.
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling

Nov 3, 2019 11:32 PM
that i have register, its Naruto Shippuuden, i put it on hold for about 9 months because the dub episodes its over, and i dont mean to continue watching it sub but i dont want to drop it either
and that i remember, its Lucky Star, i watched 3 episodes in 2011 and so i dont continue to watch

Nov 3, 2019 11:37 PM

Boruto I put it in on-hold to wait if it gets better later(was checking some pieces of another episodes) but well after 100+ episodes(2 years on hold) I saw it didn't gets better (even gets worse) I dropped it

Nov 3, 2019 11:38 PM

TinyTempest said:
what anime have you put on-hold for the longest time that you've been meaning to watch but never get round to it?

For me it's Kokoro Connect. It's been on-hold for a long time but I never get the chance to continue because of other anime on my Plan to Watch list.

Kokoro would certainly be one of mine as well, it's such a hard anime to watch, it's really heavy on the feels, there's almost no rest, it's one drama inside the other.

The more I watch the Classics(Ashita no Joe, The Kindaichi Files, Prince of Tennis, Detective Conan, the Gundam series...), more my admiration for them furthers, the Quality(The surgical OSTs, Innovative sound effects, Developing emotions on the act[for instance, a rage], Amazing Comic timings, Subtle romances, and even Culture) you see on those Classics isn’t really on the industry anymore, you should definitely check them!

Nov 3, 2019 11:42 PM
That would be code Geass for me . After watching 1st episode I have put it on hold. But after some time when I got conscious I came back and after watching it I have realized what a mistake I have made.

Nov 4, 2019 12:52 AM
Plastic memories, it is one of the very first anime I watched, I have put it on hold for over 3 years at the episode Tsukasa and Isla finally get together as I don't want to ruin my memory of them

Nov 4, 2019 12:57 AM

It'll either be Initial D or Haikyuu

Nov 4, 2019 1:00 AM
Kirieen said:
That would be code Geass for me . After watching 1st episode I have put it on hold. But after some time when I got conscious I came back and after watching it I have realized what a mistake I have made.

Buddy, this is literally what I was going to say, that's also what happened to me xD!
Although I didn't put it on hold willingly. I watched the first episode on Dailymotion, back when it was airing. I couldn't find the second one, so I had to drop the idea of watching it. Several months later, the title and the first episode were still sticking to my mind. I decided to try again, this time there were all the episodes online (well, all the episodes that had aired).
So in the end, I put it on hold for several months...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.

Nov 4, 2019 2:05 AM

Baccano. I've watched the first few episodes twice or thrice already but somehow it always ends up on hold again.

Nov 4, 2019 2:12 AM
Mahoutsukai no yome. The girl's (whatever her name was) constant, incessant, insuffering whining and self-commiseration made it really a chore to watch. I plan to finish it at some point since I liked it fine for the rest (it was fucking stupid but it looked nice at least), but at this rate I'd probably be better off just dropping it.

Nov 4, 2019 2:27 AM

I guess Master Keaton OVA, just can't get in the mood for it.

On second place are Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae and Galactic Patrol Lensman but this is only because their fansubs are really slow.

Recently I completed the first season of Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (the sequels have official release and translation, have completed them years ago). It's fansub is also very slow.
The english one (from malaysian ?) is even not completed yet but surprisingly I found some russian subs for the last 9 episodes.

Nov 4, 2019 2:39 AM
SAO 2 and all the shows afterwards.

I've seen S1 but I can't be bothered watching the rest of the series as I'm watching a lot of different shows
If she isn't blood related, she's ready to be dated

Nov 4, 2019 2:52 AM

I have Seitokai Yakuindomo new ovas since forever. I have OP since last summer, I just can't get into it (currently at ep 877). And I have Yawara since last year, I watch it rarely, it will take forever to finish it.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Nov 4, 2019 2:58 AM

Dragon Ball Super has been in my on-hold list for almost four years and a half now and I plan of finish it some day for the weird things I heard that happen.

Another one I still have in on-hold is Durarara!, which has been there for three years. I don't even know why it isn't in my dropped list yet since it was too boring for me but well I may as well finish it if I have nothing better to do.

Nov 4, 2019 3:05 AM
Assassination classroom and Ben-to started the first two episodes 3 months ago but haven't had time to go back to it.

Nov 4, 2019 11:11 AM

In my "On hold" list I have placed anime I watched in the 1990s. And ones I need to rewatch eventually, since I was to young to remember them properly.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »