Forum Settings
Forums

FlowersInTheRain's Music Productions, Lo-Fi Edits + Other cringy stuff from back in the day

Nov 3, 3:41 AM
#TeamAkko

So I decided to share some of my works. Music never really went the way that I hoped it would for me. I was playing the piano since about 10 years old and was doing really well playing classical pieces and I also used to learn Final Fantasy pieces. I started playing because me mother wouldn't get my a games console and instead got my a keyboard because she was studying music part-time at a local college (although she was a qualified and practicing doctor in her home country). I didn't get any tuition (until university where I did a few lessons) but I did learn to read music although slowly. I practiced until I memorized a piece and could play it flawlessly. After that I got into studio music production and I did that from secondary school until I finished university. I then worked at a music studio doing genres of music that I didn't like and in the end I left the whole industry. I didn't create anything musically from about 2009 to 2018. These three pieces I am sharing are some of the ones I made last year in 2018. The other stuff in the playlist is from back when I was in university which was 2005 - 2008.

SoundCloud

But now with the emergence of lofi I think I am ready to try my hand once again. I just don't know where to share my music. I would like it to be added to some youtube playlists or something. I don't really care about money I just wanted for people to hear and hopefully for someone to connect with it. I feel like I have to learn everything all over again but this is something I must do because I have sat on this for far too long while pursuing things like relationships, online communities, forum signatures, military, fitness, travel, anime etc etc. It all began with music and church for me. And I feel kinda empty not touching music for so long.

I should also mention that this is but a fraction of my work. I lost pretty much everything when my external hard drive crashed in 2009. I had alot of work I was really proud of. Compositions and finished songs.

Full playlist (includes alot of cringy stuff I did from back in the day)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1Zg3TweosTbfqvKQG6nH5WYI3t8jI6Tt

Some of the songs with lyrics in this playlist are not my own production as I used existing beats for a mixed tape and I did some edits. This was when me and my friends went through a silly rap phase.

I am going to start making new stuff again (haven't made anything since last year) so anything I think is good enough I will upload and share here in this thread from now on if that is okay with the mods.
Modified by FlowersInTheRain, Nov 26, 10:11 AM

**New Track** - Bowsette's Castle
Little Witch Academia (TV) is ranked #510
#LWAshouldBeTop10
#AkkoDeservesBetter
#TeamAkko
#Justice4Akko
#BelievingInYourselfIsYourMagic

My Music Productions & Lo-fi Edits

Nov 15, 2:01 AM
#TeamAkko

Hey guys, I've been busy these last few days making some Lo-Fi edits. I haven't done anything like this since I was in college back in 2003 - 2005. I was inspired by this lofi edit byTSII to make these.

I hope you guys enjoy listening to these as much as I enjoyed making these edits. Let me know your thoughts and how I can get these out on the interwebz for others to hear and hopefully enjoy aswell.

Soundcloud

Sound Cloud Playlist - https://soundcloud.com/flowersintherain/sets/flowersintherains-lo-fi-hip-hop-edits
Modified by FlowersInTheRain, Nov 26, 10:11 AM

#LWAshouldBeTop10
#AkkoDeservesBetter
#TeamAkko
#Justice4Akko

Nov 16, 11:38 AM

I am sorry for having taken so long to reply. I just finished listening to your track "Frozen" and...I'm sorry, but I don't like it.
First, I don't like the synth bass (I think that's what it's called?) it sounds too ugly to me. The way the music was sounding, I expected it to build up to something bigger, but it just sounds the same throughout the whole track, which made it feel too repetitive for me. I feel as though for an instrumental track, there wasn't much going on. To my understanding, lo-fi are meant to sound relaxing, but Frozen did not sound relaxing to me at all.
Now, I haven't listened to much lo-fi, so I think you should take my feedback with a grain of salt.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Dec 8, 5:58 PM
#TeamAkko

Thanks for the feedback @RealTheAbsurdist

I've heard aswell from others that it isn't really Lo-Fi aswell. I didn't know that Lo-Fi had to sound relaxing to be honest. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what genre the stuff I made belongs to. But for now it doesn't really matter. As for it sounding a bit empty for an instrumental track - I would say that comes down to me being so used to composing with the intention that somebody would rap or sing over the track. But I don't have to do that anymore so I might start trying to make OST sounding stuff in the coming months.

Here is a new track for you all. This one is an original composition. It might be Downtempo or something.

https://soundcloud.com/flowersintherain/bowsettes-castle

#LWAshouldBeTop10
#AkkoDeservesBetter
#TeamAkko
#Justice4Akko