Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 4 Discussion

Nov 5, 2:38 AM
Rob7 said:
Okay, the plot was already a mess, and now they just let it even more nosense.

1. Just 1 episode ago Gabriel was the chief of a hired random corps, now, from nowhere, he has a deep connection with wtf is this system and even killed another Alice, in real world? In another virtual system?

2. We can just assume Alice is a name like Maria in SAO world.

OKAY i will be pragmatic as i always have to be with SAO nosense, and read that all this trama was just to mean: "GABRIEL WANT TO KILL ALICE"
We should give it time to have his flashback explained, I don’t think it’s supposed to make sense yet. If it never makes sense then I’ll be disappointed and only slightly surprised.

Nov 5, 6:51 AM

This "new" villain of the Dark Territory, Gabriel/Victor must be closely monitored. And with that Alicia in looks similar to Alice...I can only sense bad things happening from here, even worse from what has been accounted for in the history of SAO.

And sure enough, the Dark Territory is rifling up in the presence of their "Demon Lord" who wants nothing but destruction, on top of Victor's own motive to obtain Alice the program. Another socio-egomaniac that will be much worse than encountered so far, for the uninitiated who doesn't care and compare straight-up to past villains of the same caricature.

The only war prevention tactic, that could be saved by Bernoculi, in turn for Lipia taking the rap, is a valiant effort that could not be outdone. And in the midst, Victor is reaping more returns than ever, other than just being "immortal". No wonder he's unfazed, what an irony though.

Truly the darkest moments in the entirety of SAO right now...

Nov 5, 7:01 AM

HectorBlaze said:
Zodiac said:
Sooooooo, sorry in advance but lets talk physics here.

The time perception is accelerated inside the virtual world. Let's stay simple, imagining the time is accelerated 10 times (we know it is much more), 1 minute in the virtual world = 10 minutes in the outside world. How the fuck were the bad guys communicating in real time inbetween worlds? Let's say the new villain spent 1 minute chatting with the guy from the real world, that means the guy from the outside world would have spent 10 minutes chatting. So fucking dumb... this shit plus the souls shit is making me want to drop.

The time flow became the same when he uses the console to communicate with others outside the Underworld. They explain it in the previous season. Also, there’s an animation to indicate this change in the time flow.

Oh ok, sorry, I'm dumb and don't remember it being explained last season.
One at a time!

Nov 5, 8:51 AM
Question/Possible Spoiler?

Currently watching episode 4 and a thought popped into my head. This is next level Paranoid Conspiracy stuff, But does everything in SAO take place in Virtual Reality?
Like when they switch from the Underworld to the "Real World" is the real world just Virtual Reality, and just no one knows?
is this some next level inception stuff? A game within a game? Am I thinking too much into this?

Nov 5, 10:27 AM
JadedFreak said:

Currently watching episode 4 and a thought popped into my head. This is next level Paranoid Conspiracy stuff, But does everything in SAO take place in Virtual Reality?
Like when they switch from the Underworld to the "Real World" is the real world just Virtual Reality, and just no one knows?
is this some next level inception stuff? A game within a game? Am I thinking too much into this?
No, with all due respect that would be dumb as hell and awful writing. Feel free to entertain it for fun though.

Nov 5, 11:46 AM
Uncommon_Sense said:
Darikan said:
Two interesting characters are killed by generic villain. Even the ALO Arc is much better than this. SAO have three huge problems since season 1, Kirito needs a male partner, this series can´t function with a female protagonist, because they have a bad character development even Klein, Agil, Death Gun and Kayaba would better than Alice or Asuna. Most annoying part in this series is the unneccesary harem.
Klein, Agil, Death Gun, and Kayaba literally had zero development and stayed the same. They’re all mediocre characters imo as well. Asuna is likable at least (but not amazing). Eugeo was decent and had development. Alice imo has had the most development of any SAO character ever, so I don’t know what you mean. I think she’s a decent character too.

I do not see any development in her. At first she was hostile to Kirito (Kazuto) but with many insults (Baka) she became a tsundere and was integrated into the love circle along with Lisbeth, Silica, Sinon and Asuna. The only thing she can do is fight and sink into self doubt, as Kirito will not help her. Killing a few goblins is not development, and she is overpowered. The aforementioned ones would be much more interesting as they have a lot of potential except Death Gun, but SAO prefers a male main character. Kirito had the best development so far. Asuna is just one of many female characters, except Sinon. It´s just my opinion.

Nov 5, 12:08 PM

Gabriel has quite a lot of screws loose damn, wasn't expecting that.
Still what the hell man wasting such nice choco waifu, rip childhood friend cutie too.

Nov 5, 5:58 PM

Those were clearly werewolves, not ogres.

I get the feeling like they saw that one werewolf-ogre hybrid from Slayers, and just said "we should get some of those," but then forgot that he was half werewolf.

Nov 5, 7:05 PM
JadedFreak said:

My guess:
Too forced since there is no evidences. The evidences, truly, point to a near future where virtuality and reality will be so mixed no one can tell which is one or other.

And the 1st person to complete transfer his existence and soul from "real" world to virtual will be Kiritokun.

Maybe the second, cause i guess Kayaba did it in advance and is still around.

Nov 5, 8:00 PM

Zeref is back!

Can't say the voice fits Gabriel though

Nov 6, 11:45 AM

So...am I the only one who finds Gabriel laughably evil?

Well, lemme rephrase that. It isn’t so much his character motivations, it’s how the animators animate him when he absorbs a soul. It reminds me a lot of Sugou when he was getting all rapey with Asuna.

Granted, he’s a far better villain than Sugou was (so far), but the animators made him way too cartoonish when he absorbs a soul.

Also, does anyone else find his method of doing that weird as shit? It’s essentially like a more polished Soul Eater with how he does it. Just seems stupidly corny with how he literally eats a soul.

Nov 7, 10:26 AM

Gabriel it's a bastard! He killed his friend in the past just to see what happened, f*ck.

Nov 7, 8:06 PM

God that right pissed me off that he killed her just like that. Got me strangely heated.

Nov 7, 9:44 PM

i have stockholm syndrome with this show

Nov 9, 1:57 AM

Aww just another psycho villain again... Is Quinella gone for good? Although he doesn't seem as stupid this time though. Seems like there may be more to him than we know for now.
(*゚∀゚)ノ

Nov 9, 5:58 AM

The villain is a total sicko, wanna see him ripped to pieces. Also rip Lipia, atleast she wasn't raped before she died. But felt bad for her nonetheless. Also that knight guy died too, rip.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Nov 9, 11:53 AM

The death flags from last episode are too obvious...

and fk Gabriel, another psychopath

Nov 10, 5:49 AM

Well this sure went full on psycho in a 'bad taste' way, not for me that's for sure.

Nov 10, 11:05 AM

They skipped Shasta's backstory and the assassin guild leader Fu Za's history. It is okay I guess because he had only one episode screentime anyway. I am not a big fan of Gabriel as a villain, but I like what he brings eventually to the story and how he allows for the development of many characters.

A small detail that many viewers might have missed - Fanatio stated back in episode 15 of first part that even dark knights held back while fighting her when they saw her face. Shasta was briefly shown at the time. He could have hesitated to attack because Fanatio looks similar to Lipia.

Nov 11, 11:05 AM

Built up 2 new characters from the Dark Territory and wipe them off. Then what's the point of those 2 characters showing up for in the first place that took good amount of screen time? I hope there's more meaning to it in the later episodes because their quick death is almost as weird, especially Shasta's death.. went berserk full power and down to zero by poison and berserk again dive onto Gab and went "is just all darkness" and poof, everything happened like 2 minutes is almost as too random, unserious hilarious in a way. Really, if the writer want to be serious about deeper story, a failed assassination could lead to path like escape, imprisonment or better ways to later assist to the smarter final battle plan, but they are gone immediately.

And how Alice's eye were healed in ep2 is still a mystery that still haunting me.

Nov 13, 9:48 PM
I think they use a spell or the same green thing that woman from the season 3 used to heal eugeo eye when they same thing happened to him.

Nov 13, 9:49 PM
Am I the only one who believe that kirito will be awaken and be part of this war???

Nov 15, 5:54 PM
SAO has lost thier minds 10/10 though

Nov 17, 7:52 AM

Well, we get to see some backstory of Gabriel. He really kill that girl as a kid.

I wasn't expecting both of them to die already lol.

Life has no meaning.

Nov 21, 6:50 PM

I don't mind a psycho villain rather than a relatable one, as long as he's interesting. So far, Gabriel is interesting. A man without a human soul, who can't understand a human soul, is now in a world of artificial souls. You can't tell me there's not some pretty good storytelling possibilities here!
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Nov 24, 10:13 PM
That's it I'm dropping this garbage . Why Sao villain/antagonist character always hateable ?

Yesterday, 11:49 PM

So they both died just like that? Seems like they killed off characters with a lot of potential. That girl was such a sweetheart too.

Another one-dimension SAO creep of a villain.... Anyone else think its kinda weird he just so happens to have an obsession with souls? Thats really terrible what he did to that little girl, it actually makes me sick to my stomach. Props to them for making me hate this guy so much I guess, but I can only imagine this is all the character development/background he will get.

How bout this ending theme though?? Such a banger. A lot different than the typical LiSA openings weve been getting out of her lately, and I am kinda glad since they were getting a bit stale.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]