Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 4 Discussion


Nov 2, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2151
Wow I wasnt expecting both of them to die already. Kinda a waste after they spend time on them last episode.
Also it looks like those two were the only ones who wanted peace with everyone else really just wanting war. Makes me wonder why they cared in the first place, not like its worth saving warmongers.

Emperor dude is creepy, we still have Asuna going in and the actual war starting. Seems pretty short considering the previous season.

I miss Quinelly already. This seems like a straight up bad idea. But lets see.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Nov 2, 11:38 AM
Maki's arms

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8780
Hylianticipated said:
Yawn. Can't SAO ever have a villain that is interesting and compelling and that ISN'T a complete sociopath? For ONCE they should make the antagonist an interesting and compelling character with relatable motives. Is that too much to ask? My goodness.


I share your sentiments. You can have an effective antagonist without having to always push the envelope like this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Nov 2, 11:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 52
Wow, another psychopath antagonist is shown up ! ( this is SAO, so what do you expect ? ) He is excited to experimenting with souls but he is so badass, he even let anyone to attack him from behind ( best SAO antagonist is here )

We have nice character introduction here, even this episode is just about him and his plan to attack his enemy. Nowadays, many action shows didn't like to give proper introduction to antagonist which is also have great impact to the show.

8/10 this time
 
Nov 2, 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 154
The main villain is fuckin crazy.
 
Nov 2, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3531
Never mess with someone that has a fucked up backstory.
 
Nov 2, 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1745
This episode was awesome, that man is truly crazy, damn I had shivers during the last part, I still can't wait to see Asuna in the world.
 
Nov 2, 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 15117
Holy fuck, this was unexpected( not the fact that the villain is insane once again xD) Pretty intense episode, but why did Lipia have to die? She was too hot 😭
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Nov 2, 12:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 182
Hylianticipated said:
Yawn. Can't SAO ever have a villain that is interesting and compelling and that ISN'T a complete sociopath? For ONCE they should make the antagonist an interesting and compelling character with relatable motives. Is that too much to ask? My goodness.

lul

https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Sai_Yukitsugu
https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Genesis
https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Nochizawa_Eiji
https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Nanairo_Arshavin
https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Sumeragi_Youta
 
Nov 2, 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 66
Well, we have another psycho villain who doesn't have any redeemable quality in SAO. I expected something better from this arc, but this cringe and edgy antagonist doesn't give much hope.
 
Nov 2, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3720
im quitting. i dont like the villian. that all.

there you go. i edited it. you all happy ?
Modified by YizelTro, Nov 2, 3:26 PM
 
Nov 2, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 815
So because he's a sociopath his soul is dead and alive at the same time? And pretty sure our skulls don't sparkle as our soul jumps out of our heads when we die for somebody to slurp up. But once they established the soul as something quantifiable, it was a whole cascade of absurdities from there...

Also RIP Fanatio and Bercouli's clones
 
Nov 2, 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 182
Do people really want spoilers of the novel to understand what is happening or prefer to wait? lol
 
Nov 2, 12:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2436
holy sht what an episode this was
 
Nov 2, 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 915
Reki Kawahara does like to copy paste the same villains over and over again, doesn' he?
Thinking where the soul is stored and if it's on the head is outright stupiid. Maybe he'd have a better guess sucking off my fucking balls.

As someone who actually likes SAO, Alicization has been going in a downward spiral for quite a while since the last season. Not to say the previous seasons were great, but at least they were actually fun to watch.

I probably havent's seen the worst of it yet, though.




Totsuka route is the way, Hachiman!
 
Nov 2, 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1176
YizelTro said:
I'm gonna stop here
and to sums up overall series from the beginning until now

the author likes to sexually and physically abuse a woman(let me correct that; a character, especially a woman), and he like a villain that is a psychopath, creep, pure evil, nothing good, and like to abuse a woman sexually and physically except kaya ba Akihiko. just if the villain was like kayaba I would like it a lot.

that is the only reason why im dropping out.
the story is interesting, alice as a character is really good and i really like her a lot but the villain is making me uncomfortable. so I'm out.

and by the way, I heard it from the neighbor thread, some people said that in the web novel, long time ago, the one Kawahara (sao author) wrote, in the future of this arc, shinon got raped and laefa got raped to death in WoU, obviously not dead, she logged out, and she got raped by a worm/centepide or something like that. that was in the web novel and it doesn't exist in the light novel. thinking that the same author who wrote a light novel of sao wrote the web novel version like that just creeps me out

another reason why I'm quitting
this is the source btw
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1808477


None of that ever existed on the web novel. This guy is a complete troll. Only two scenes existed, which were on Fairy Dance and the one from Alicization, which appeared on last season. After that, Kawahara never wrote any scene with sexual assault, ever, it stopped there.

And if you think that Gabriel did anything sexual, you're delusional as heck, as he just killed the woman much like he did with the guy and will do in the future as well.
 
Nov 2, 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1176
KuuhakuDesu said:
Reki Kawahara does like to copy paste the same villains over and over again, doesn' he?
Thinking where the soul is stored and if it's on the head is outright stupiid. Maybe he'd have a better guess sucking off my fucking balls.

As someone who actually likes SAO, Alicization has been going in a downward spiral for quite a while since the last season. Not to say the previous seasons were great, but at least they were actually fun to watch.

I probably havent's seen the worst of it yet, though.


lmao copy and past villains. I didn't know that Quinella was a copy and past of Kayaba, which is a copy and paste of Sugu and Death Gun. All of them are compltely different from each other, with different personalities, ambitions and only Gabriel even is a socipath. Only Kayaba and Quinella are good but to say that they're the same? Don't be delusional.

And Alicization is the best arc of SAO by far. You're just anime-only who don't know what you're talking about, as all previous arcs outside of Mother Rosario are average to bad.
 
Nov 2, 12:59 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 122
This was a very shocking episode. I don't know what to say.
 
Nov 2, 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3720
caio_brb said:
YizelTro said:
I'm gonna stop here
and to sums up overall series from the beginning until now

the author likes to sexually and physically abuse a woman(let me correct that; a character, especially a woman), and he like a villain that is a psychopath, creep, pure evil, nothing good, and like to abuse a woman sexually and physically except kaya ba Akihiko. just if the villain was like kayaba I would like it a lot.

that is the only reason why I'm dropping out.
the story is interesting, alice as a character is really good and i really like her a lot but the villain is making me uncomfortable. so I'm out.

and by the way, I heard it from the neighbor thread, some people said that in the web novel, long time ago, the one Kawahara (sao author) wrote, in the future of this arc, shinon got raped and laefa got raped to death in WoU, obviously not dead, she logged out, and she got raped by a worm/centipede or something like that. that was in the web novel and it doesn't exist in the light novel. thinking that the same author who wrote a light novel of sao wrote the web novel version like that just creeps me out

another reason why I'm quitting
this is the source btw
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1808477


None of that ever existed on the web novel. This guy is a complete troll. Only two scenes existed, which were on Fairy Dance and the one from Alicization, which appeared on last season. After that, Kawahara never wrote any scene with sexual assault, ever, it stopped there.

And if you think that Gabriel did anything sexual, you're delusional as heck, as he just killed the woman much like he did with the guy and will do in the future as well.


the villains aren't only gabriel. I did not say specifically that he sexually assaults woman, but he still abuses them not sexually. okay, he killed a woman and a guy equally, but why shows the woman only? why put a scene that makes the audience uncomfortable m8 ?

okay, it's a troll, but still, it doesn't change the fact that the villain is all about abusing a woman from what the scene tells us all. no even a single guy in a scene got abuse in an emphasis way
if you want to kill someone, just kill it, why enjoys it. asuna in the first season second cour, shinon (ggo) and the previous season 2 girl almost got raped.

no offense, i like the series, the villain is the only thing that i hate. if some people like that kind of character then okay. im not gonna said anything. but it's a fact too that some people dislike it and find it uncomfortable
Modified by YizelTro, Nov 2, 1:07 PM
 
Nov 2, 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 915
caio_brb said:
KuuhakuDesu said:
Reki Kawahara does like to copy paste the same villains over and over again, doesn' he?
Thinking where the soul is stored and if it's on the head is outright stupiid. Maybe he'd have a better guess sucking off my fucking balls.

As someone who actually likes SAO, Alicization has been going in a downward spiral for quite a while since the last season. Not to say the previous seasons were great, but at least they were actually fun to watch.

I probably havent's seen the worst of it yet, though.


lmao copy and past villains. I didn't know that Quinella was a copy and past of Kayaba, which is a copy and paste of Sugu and Death Gun. All of them are compltely different from each other, with different personalities, ambitions and only Gabriel even is a socipath. Only Kayaba and Quinella are good but to say that they're the same? Don't be delusional.

And Alicization is the best arc of SAO by far. You're just anime-only who don't know what you're talking about, as all previous arcs outside of Mother Rosario are average to bad.


And your point is?
'Cause I'm pretty sure watching the anime enables me to have an opinion on it.

So, they have different personalities, huh?
What are they, though? 'Cause they're nowhere to be seen in the anime.

If you'd please enlighten me, o LN reader.





Totsuka route is the way, Hachiman!
 
Nov 2, 1:06 PM
なのだ

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4388
This guy could've been such a great antagonist, but no, he has to be another psycho. Would be it that bad if he was just a pro mercenary that viewers could actually respect? I'm disappointed.
 
Nov 2, 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 293
I wish Reki Kawahara was more creative with antagonists,like he was with Administrator. I am sick of cliched psychopaths and sociopaths like Gabriel,but it's gonna take more than that to ruin my enjoyment. At least it's didn't had same flaws like worst anime i watched,so it's was bearable for me. I hope that in next episodes,we will get to see mai waifu Asuna as Stacia and reuniting with Kirito and meeting Alice at same time.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
 
Nov 2, 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1176
YizelTro said:
caio_brb said:


None of that ever existed on the web novel. This guy is a complete troll. Only two scenes existed, which were on Fairy Dance and the one from Alicization, which appeared on last season. After that, Kawahara never wrote any scene with sexual assault, ever, it stopped there.

And if you think that Gabriel did anything sexual, you're delusional as heck, as he just killed the woman much like he did with the guy and will do in the future as well.


the villains aren't only gabriel. I did not say specifically that he sexually assaults woman, but he still abuses them not sexually. okay, he killed a woman and a guy equally, but why shows the woman only? why put a scene that makes the audience uncomfortable m8 ?

okay, it's a troll, but still, it doesn't change the fact that the villain is all about abusing a woman from what the scene tells us all. no even a single guy in a scene got abuse.

no offense, i like the series, the villain is the only thing that i hate. if some people like that kind of character then okay. im not gonna said anything. but it's a fact too that some people dislike it and find it uncomfortable


My god, how the fuck is him abusing a woman? Women can't be killed in a story? By a guy that literally don't even see fluclights as live beings outside of reaching his objectives? What the fuck. It would be better if the women were all protected and he only killed men? What a bizarre thinking. Women are also characters and part of the story, they can be killed. Lipia was killed because she tried to kill him to save her people and lover, simple as that. I could understand if it was a sexual assault like the two that happened in the past but YOU CAN'T KILL A FEMALE CHARACTER or ATTACK ONE in a story? What the fuck is this. This is absolutely normal and it's done all the time in a ton of series on this very media and hell, on movies and american show, including many that you probably already watched. Seriously, how a thinking like this even exists.

Also, my post was for you to stop spouting false information out there about the web novel when you clearly don't know a thing about the series outside of the anime and yet here you were sharing misinformation about things that never happened.
 
Nov 2, 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 483
Why does every episode end with that evil dude giving an arrogant little smirk?


YizelTro said:


no offense, i like the series, the villain is the only thing that i hate. if some people like that kind of character then okay. im not gonna said anything. but it's a fact too that some people dislike it and find it uncomfortable


You do realize that some villains aren't supposed to be liked right? That you're actually supposed to hate them? If you find what the VILLAIN does makes you uncomfortable, then maybe that's a good thing.
Modified by curzon17, Nov 2, 1:24 PM
 
Nov 2, 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3720
caio_brb said:
YizelTro said:


the villains aren't only gabriel. I did not say specifically that he sexually assaults woman, but he still abuses them not sexually. okay, he killed a woman and a guy equally, but why shows the woman only? why put a scene that makes the audience uncomfortable m8 ?

okay, it's a troll, but still, it doesn't change the fact that the villain is all about abusing a woman from what the scene tells us all. no even a single guy in a scene got abuse.

no offense, i like the series, the villain is the only thing that i hate. if some people like that kind of character then okay. im not gonna said anything. but it's a fact too that some people dislike it and find it uncomfortable


My god, how the fuck is him abusing a woman? Women can't be killed in a story? By a guy that literally don't even see fluclights as live beings outside of reaching his objectives? What the fuck. It would be better if the women were all protected and he only killed men? What a bizarre thinking. Women are also characters and part of the story, they can be killed. Lipia was killed because she tried to kill him to save her people and lover, simple as that. I could understand if it was a sexual assault like the two that happened in the past but YOU CAN'T KILL A FEMALE CHARACTER or ATTACK ONE in a story? What the fuck is this. This is absolutely normal and it's done all the time in a ton of series on this very media and hell, on movies and american show, including many that you probably already watched. Seriously, how a thinking like this even exists.

Also, my post was for you to stop spouting false information out there about the web novel when you clearly don't know a thing about the series outside of the anime and yet here you were sharing misinformation about things that never happened.


yes they can be killed. obviously. but not that way. shinon got strangled in ggo by him as a flashback and he smiles is a way of showing us that he enjoy is ? that one scene is already a fact that he like to abuse a person. and whats more, that the only character that he killed so far is only a girl from the every scene. why is that ? what is the purpose ?

it looks like you misunderstand me. character can be killed. either is a woman or a guy. but the way they killed is the problem. this is pg 13 series m8. look at the previous season. 2 girl almost got rape and pg 13 ? whats is that even mean.

the fact that the killing method is like that and the only victim that we can see is girl, and whats more is that this series is pg 13....

c'mon m8, im just letting out my opinion, i already said it, no offense, i like it the story, i just hate the character. is that wrong. i hate it because it makes me uncomfortable. simple as that. period
 
Nov 2, 1:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 20
Gabriel is a mess up character but it was pretty badass when he was just sitting with no F's given when he was getting attack
 
Nov 2, 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3720
curzon17 said:
Why does every episode end with that evil dude giving an arrogant little smirk?


YizelTro said:


no offense, i like the series, the villain is the only thing that i hate. if some people like that kind of character then okay. im not gonna said anything. but it's a fact too that some people dislike it and find it uncomfortable


You do realize that some villains aren't supposed to be liked right? That you're actually supposed to hate them? If you find what the VILLAIN does makes you uncomfortable, then maybe that's a good thing.


why is that even a good thing?. it destroy the purpose of a film as being enjoyable, exciting or thrilling. i agree thou that villain are supposed to be hated, but not making us uncomfortable to watch it. that beats the purpose of making the series if most people uncomforbale to watch it, except if the target audience who like that kind of stuff is way bigger than the ones who dislike it. that is a different matter. acutually they did the right thing if thats the case. but personally i dont like it

entertainment is a subjective matter. i cannot say that is wrong. i can only say it's bad.
thats why when i let out my opinion and someone attacked me like that, i even feel bad about it. i thought i offended him. so i said it kindly what i dislike about it. if i said anything wrong then i corrected it.
Modified by YizelTro, Nov 2, 1:34 PM
 
Nov 2, 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1176
YizelTro said:
caio_brb said:


My god, how the fuck is him abusing a woman? Women can't be killed in a story? By a guy that literally don't even see fluclights as live beings outside of reaching his objectives? What the fuck. It would be better if the women were all protected and he only killed men? What a bizarre thinking. Women are also characters and part of the story, they can be killed. Lipia was killed because she tried to kill him to save her people and lover, simple as that. I could understand if it was a sexual assault like the two that happened in the past but YOU CAN'T KILL A FEMALE CHARACTER or ATTACK ONE in a story? What the fuck is this. This is absolutely normal and it's done all the time in a ton of series on this very media and hell, on movies and american show, including many that you probably already watched. Seriously, how a thinking like this even exists.

Also, my post was for you to stop spouting false information out there about the web novel when you clearly don't know a thing about the series outside of the anime and yet here you were sharing misinformation about things that never happened.


yes they can be killed. obviously. but not that way. shinon got strangled in ggo by him as a flashback and he smiles is a way of showing us that he enjoy is ? that one scene is already a fact that he like to abuse a person. and whats more, that the only character that he killed so far is only a girl from the every scene. why is that ? what is the purpose ?

it looks like you misunderstand me. character can be killed. either is a woman or a guy. but the way they killed is the problem. this is pg 13 series m8. look at the previous season. 2 girl almost got rape and pg 13 ? whats is that even mean.

the fact that the killing method is like that and the only victim that we can see is girl, and whats more is that this series is pg 13....

c'mon m8, im just letting out my opinion, i already said it, no offense, i like it the story, i just hate the character. is that wrong. i hate it because it makes me uncomfortable. simple as that. period


Dear god, I can't believe I'm seeing a complain because a character killed a woman. This is even worse than a extremist feminist which even in this case wouldn't make an absurd argument like that.

> but not that way.

So a woman can't be strangled in a story? What the fuck? My god, I can't believe I'm reading this.

> but the way they killed is the problem. this is pg 13 series m8. look at the previous season. 2 girl almost got rape and pg 13 ? whats is that even mean.

The way they get killed is the problem? My god, a woman can be killed in any way much like a man can be as well. How the fuck is that a problem at all? I can't believe I'm discussing with something like this when I watched and have read thousands of series with the same thing happening and no one making a retard argument like this.

> nd he smiles is a way of showing us that he enjoy is

He smile because of the soul being out of the body in his delusions when killing people. How the fuck you can't interpret it?

> the fact that the killing method is like that and the only victim that we can see is girl, and whats more is that this series is pg 13....

Stop with this fucking garbage argument. Thousands of manga on shonen demographics did similar things. This pg 13 is only a denomination for the west with your own companies doing their avaliation of the content and putting the classification of age.

> c'mon m8, im just letting out my opinion, i already said it, no offense,

And your opinion is wrong, because a woman can be killed by any method much like plenty of other series did in history.This isn't new, this happens all the time and will continue to happen because there's literally nothing wrong.A woman being killed is part of a narrative, which happened with many murders, including last fucking season where Cop Craft had a woman being killed by a train and gun, which you can literally find in every series whatsoever.
Modified by Nemesis16, Nov 2, 1:36 PM
 
Nov 2, 1:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 49636
what a waste of delicious and sexy brown woman Lipia is

and damn Gabriel is cold hearted or soulless bastard that wants to be a soul eater just for him to experience having a soul eh
 
Nov 2, 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 67
Well damn, no Asuna again. Here I am waiting every week to finally see her as Stacia but I get disappointed every week.
Gabriel's brain has some serious issues, ever since he was a kid. Hope he dies in a very painful way.
Lipia and Vixur seemed like likable characters, shame they died. Now I don't care about anyone else from the Dark Territory.
 
Nov 2, 1:39 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 125
Okay, the plot was already a mess, and now they just let it even more nosense.


1. Just 1 episode ago Gabriel was the chief of a hired random corps, now, from nowhere, he has a deep connection with wtf is this system and even killed another Alice, in real world? In another virtual system?

2. We can just assume Alice is a name like Maria in SAO world.



OKAY i will be pragmatic as i always have to be with SAO nosense, and read that all this trama was just to mean: "GABRIEL WANT TO KILL ALICE"
 
Nov 2, 1:43 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 12
caio_brb said:
Darikan said:


This arc is a copy of Season 1 and 2. It would have been better not to have chosen a psychopath as an antagonist. The background story of Gabriel is incomprehensible. He is simply a mass murderer who has no depth and only hunts for more souls. Kayaba as antagonist was much better, even Suguha was solid. Why do all antagonists, aside from Kayaba, have to consider psychopaths as objects? Apart from the animation Alicziation offers only Plotholes, and again good effects do not automatically make a series to a masterpiece. By the way, I liked SAO Alicization before Alice appeared and Eugeo died


This arc has nothing to do with "season 1 and 2". It's more clear than ever that you didn't read shit for the LN and just put completed (even if the series is on volume 22), you're just an anime-only that is butthurt that your wishful thinking didn't hold true.


I think that SAO should prefer male characters rather than one-dimensional ones like Alice, Silica or Lisbeth. Alice has no personality except that they fight well and the others did not exist in the original SAO. The best arcs are Aincrad and Deathgun. The first part of Alicization is a copy of the Aincrad Arc (1-24) and the second part (25-47) of the Fairy Dance Arc. Now Kirito must be saved, with the power of friendship. And good animations can not compensate for these weaknesses and the LN Vol. 18 disappointed me. The other volumes are just Sidestory of Alicization or a new Arc.


 
Nov 2, 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 3720
caio_brb said:
YizelTro said:


yes they can be killed. obviously. but not that way. shinon got strangled in ggo by him as a flashback and he smiles is a way of showing us that he enjoy is ? that one scene is already a fact that he like to abuse a person. and whats more, that the only character that he killed so far is only a girl from the every scene. why is that ? what is the purpose ?

it looks like you misunderstand me. character can be killed. either is a woman or a guy. but the way they killed is the problem. this is pg 13 series m8. look at the previous season. 2 girl almost got rape and pg 13 ? whats is that even mean.

the fact that the killing method is like that and the only victim that we can see is girl, and whats more is that this series is pg 13....

c'mon m8, im just letting out my opinion, i already said it, no offense, i like it the story, i just hate the character. is that wrong. i hate it because it makes me uncomfortable. simple as that. period


Dear god, I can't believe I'm seeing a complain because a character killed a woman. This is even worse than a extremist feminist which even in this case wouldn't make an absurd argument like that.

> but not that way.

So a woman can't be strangled in a story? What the fuck? My god, I can't believe I'm reading this.

> but the way they killed is the problem. this is pg 13 series m8. look at the previous season. 2 girl almost got rape and pg 13 ? whats is that even mean.

The way they get killed is the problem? My god, a woman can be killed in any way much like a man can be as well. How the fuck is that a problem at all? I can't believe I'm discussing with something like this when I watched and have read thousands of series with the same thing happening and no one making a retard argument like this.

> nd he smiles is a way of showing us that he enjoy is

He smile because of the soul being out of the body in his delusions when killing people. How the fuck you can't interpret it?

> the fact that the killing method is like that and the only victim that we can see is girl, and whats more is that this series is pg 13....

Stop with this fucking garbage argument. Thousands of manga on shonen demographics did similar things. This pg 13 is only a denomination for the west with your own companies doing their avaliation of the content and putting the classification of age.

> c'mon m8, im just letting out my opinion, i already said it, no offense,

And your opinion is wrong, because a woman can be killed by any method much like plenty of other series did in history.This isn't new, this happens all the time and will continue to happen because there's literally nothing wrong.A woman being killed is part of a narrative, which happened with many murders, including last fucking season where Cop Craft had a woman being killed by a train and gun, which you can literally find in every series whatsoever.


OKAY MATE. THATS ENOUGH. IM WRONG.
WHY YOU DO YOU EVEN NEED TO GET ANGRY ABOUT IT. YOU CAN EVEN SAID IT IN A KIND WAY. I ALREADY SAID IT. SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU. DONT EVEN NEED TO BE HARSH ON I T

FUCKING HELL LAD. I WAS TRYING TO TALK TO THIS GUY KINDLY.
IM NOT EVEN TRYING TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT. I WAS TRYING TO CLEAR THINGS UP M8
so, me disliking the villian because it's uncomfortable to watch is wrong too ?
Modified by YizelTro, Nov 2, 1:52 PM
 
Nov 2, 1:50 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 125
And now Gabriel has checked all the requiriments to be a legit SAO villain:


A. Rape. Come on, in his mind he basically cummed over the dead body of that Lipia. It's enough.

B. Intent of Mass Murder by war.


SAO never disappoints us.
 
Nov 2, 1:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1176
Rob7 said:
And now Gabriel has checked all the requiriments to be a legit SAO villain:


A. Rape. Come on, in his mind he basically cummed over the dead body of that Lipia. It's enough.

B. Intent of Mass Murder by war.


SAO never disappoints us.


hahaha what the fuck is that damn argument. How can anime only people be so retarded with things like this? He cummed over the dead body of Lipia because he's overjoyed to have killed a person? What the fuck. hahaha Not only that but rape never happened in SAO, only sexual assault and this fucking thing here isn't RAPE NOR SEXUAL ASSAULT YOU DUMBASS. How the fuck can you ever reach a level of interpretation like this? It's absurdly stupid that I have to read this. Only in anime I have to read things like that, not in the manga or LN community, those things just happens when those works get anime adaptations, because delusional people like you comes from the bottom of hell to make arguments like those.

Darikan said:
caio_brb said:


This arc has nothing to do with "season 1 and 2". It's more clear than ever that you didn't read shit for the LN and just put completed (even if the series is on volume 22), you're just an anime-only that is butthurt that your wishful thinking didn't hold true.


I think that SAO should prefer male characters rather than one-dimensional ones like Alice, Silica or Lisbeth. Alice has no personality except that they fight well and the others did not exist in the original SAO. The best arcs are Aincrad and Deathgun. The first part of Alicization is a copy of the Aincrad Arc (1-24) and the second part (25-47) of the Fairy Dance Arc. Now Kirito must be saved, with the power of friendship. And good animations can not compensate for these weaknesses and the LN Vol. 18 disappointed me. The other volumes are just Sidestory of Alicization or a new Arc.




Thanks for confirming that it's literally wishful thinking.

Also, the best arcs are Aincrad and Death Gun (which is just the name of the antagonist, the name of the arc is Phantom Bullet). I have to laugh to read this when SAO is completely average or literally bad outside of Mother Rosario, Alicization, Unital Ring or the side series Progressive, which is the actual good Aincrad arc as it's not just one volume and has the entire foucs on it.
Modified by Nemesis16, Nov 2, 1:58 PM
 
Nov 2, 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 189
this season will be dark as fuck. man, this villain is far more dangerous than any other villain from the show.

I am actually scared.
There are no inherently bad people. Everyone believes that, myself included. I don’t doubt the existence of virtue. And yet people bare their fangs when it seems they can profit. People will rationalize their own behavior whenever they become tainted with evil; they’re not supposed to be evil. In order to preserve their own twisted integrity, the world becomes twisted. Someone you praised as “cool” until yesterday is “stuck up” today; someone you respected as “smart and knowledgeable” is now scorned as someone who “looks down on bad students”, and “energetic vigor” becomes “annoying and overly carried away”.
 
Nov 2, 1:57 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 125
I know you guys are worried how Alice, Kirito, Asuna and their knight pals probably will merciless slaughter a bunch of that random cute & busty & innocent Dark Mage Waifus, right?


 
Nov 2, 2:00 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6885
What a scary man....a monster since childhood...like Johan Liebert (yet people love Johan to death and never criticized HIM so I fail to see the problem here?)

I thought he was gonna squish the head of that poor innocent praying mantis so I was yelling "DON'T" but he kills the little girl instead. Oof. xD

RIP older couple. :(
Modified by Chiibi, Nov 2, 2:05 PM



 
Nov 2, 2:08 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 12
caio_brb said:
Rob7 said:
And now Gabriel has checked all the requiriments to be a legit SAO villain:


A. Rape. Come on, in his mind he basically cummed over the dead body of that Lipia. It's enough.

B. Intent of Mass Murder by war.


SAO never disappoints us.


hahaha what the fuck is that damn argument. How can anime only people be so retarded with things like this? He cummed over the dead body of Lipia because he's overjoyed to have killed a person? What the fuck. hahaha Not only that but rape never happened in SAO, only sexual assault and this fucking thing here isn't RAPE NOR SEXUAL ASSAULT YOU DUMBASS. How the fuck can you ever reach a level of interpretation like this? It's absurdly stupid that I have to read this. Only in anime I have to read things like that, not in the manga or LN community, those things just happens when those works get anime adaptations, because delusional people like you comes from the bottom of hell to make arguments like those.

Darikan said:


I think that SAO should prefer male characters rather than one-dimensional ones like Alice, Silica or Lisbeth. Alice has no personality except that they fight well and the others did not exist in the original SAO. The best arcs are Aincrad and Deathgun. The first part of Alicization is a copy of the Aincrad Arc (1-24) and the second part (25-47) of the Fairy Dance Arc. Now Kirito must be saved, with the power of friendship. And good animations can not compensate for these weaknesses and the LN Vol. 18 disappointed me. The other volumes are just Sidestory of Alicization or a new Arc.




Thanks for confirming that it's literally wishful thinking.

Also, the best arcs are Aincrad and Death Gun (which is just the name of the antagonist, the name of the arc is Phantom Bullet). I have to laugh to read this when SAO is completely average or literally bad outside of Mother Rosario, Alicization, Unital Ring or the side series Progressive, which is the actual good Aincrad arc as it's not just one volume and has the entire foucs on it.


Unital Ring has only 2 volumes at the moment. This Arc also has stereotypes and increases the harem of Kirito. So typical SAO. Reki Kawahara just does not learn from his mistakes.
 
Nov 2, 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 754

That was an amazing episode, I loved everything!

By the way, it's funny how people say things completely wrong like "it was a rape", or something similar, come on. Nothing like that happens. It's sad to read such stupid things. Same thing goes for people who don't know anything about the novel but talk about it.

It was sad that they cut the backstory of Lipia and Vixus, also Alicia.
 
Nov 2, 2:15 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6885
Darikan said:
Reki Kawahara just does not learn from his mistakes.


If you haven't read Progressive, I advise you to shut your face. :|



 
Nov 2, 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Rob7 said:
And now Gabriel has checked all the requiriments to be a legit SAO villain:
A. Rape. Come on, in his mind he basically cummed over the dead body of that Lipia. It's enough.
B. Int...


Point A... so you make stuff up to bash a show? Doesn't seem very efficient.

YizelTro said:

this is pg 13 series m8. look at the previous season. 2 girl almost got rape and pg 13 ? whats is that even mean.
the fact that the killing method is like that and the only victim that we can see is girl, and whats more is that this series is pg 13....


Regardless how the bad deeds are conducted in this anime, the lingering undertones clearly mark them as wrong. Which should be educational. Its quite a difficult matter, to specify an age after which learning to recognize right from wrong is best absorbed - especially these types of things.

Ahem, but that scene where young Gabriel questioned about the thoughts of an insect and its soul was scary because I couldn't tell that those were sociopathic tendencies (perhaps irl, I could see more ques, but perhaps not). Well, you could easily tell when he observed Alicia with those questions in his thoughts, but irl unless you can read minds, next chance for recognizing them is after something or someone dies. After seeing him pierce into Alicia's head, I wanted him gone :D But unfortunately, there are people like this in this world who remain with or without this character.
 
Nov 2, 2:26 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 12
Chiibi said:
Darikan said:
Reki Kawahara just does not learn from his mistakes.


If you haven't read Progressive, I advise you to shut your face. :|


that may be true, but he also had to introduce there more female characters who are no longer important later and some fan service
 
Nov 2, 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1176
Rob7 said:
caio_brb said:

(....)
Not only that but rape never happened in SAO, only sexual assault and this fucking thing here isn't RAPE NOR SEXUAL ASSAULT YOU DUMBASS.



You must be fun at parties.


No, I am fun at places where people know what rape, abuse and sexual assault are. I'm a lawyer, which is for the very exact motive that I'm pissed at how you all put all of those terms as if they are the same thing, when they aren't, at all. SAO had two sexual assault scenes in the original LN, and three in the anime. That was it, nothing more nor less. With of course, you inventing a garbage argument like you did in your post which will just spread misinformation to people reading.

Darikan said:
caio_brb said:


hahaha what the fuck is that damn argument. How can anime only people be so retarded with things like this? He cummed over the dead body of Lipia because he's overjoyed to have killed a person? What the fuck. hahaha Not only that but rape never happened in SAO, only sexual assault and this fucking thing here isn't RAPE NOR SEXUAL ASSAULT YOU DUMBASS. How the fuck can you ever reach a level of interpretation like this? It's absurdly stupid that I have to read this. Only in anime I have to read things like that, not in the manga or LN community, those things just happens when those works get anime adaptations, because delusional people like you comes from the bottom of hell to make arguments like those.



Thanks for confirming that it's literally wishful thinking.

Also, the best arcs are Aincrad and Death Gun (which is just the name of the antagonist, the name of the arc is Phantom Bullet). I have to laugh to read this when SAO is completely average or literally bad outside of Mother Rosario, Alicization, Unital Ring or the side series Progressive, which is the actual good Aincrad arc as it's not just one volume and has the entire foucs on it.


Unital Ring has only 2 volumes at the moment. This Arc also has stereotypes and increases the harem of Kirito. So typical SAO. Reki Kawahara just does not learn from his mistakes.


There's no mistakes like these and also there's no "harem of kirito". Kirito is only with Asuna, only loves her and is with her since Aincrad and the other girls liking him or not is irrelevant outside of their own arcs in the past, which were just romantic interests, no different than Batman and Spider-man who had many interests in a same comic book. Not only that, but the story itself much like on Alicization and Mother Rosario is good.

Like I said before, there's nothing bad for the motives you insist. You just isn't getting what you want from what the novelist wants to tell and write. It's just wishful thinking that are not being realized and you're saying it's bad because he's not doing what you want him to do.

The only wrong thing that he had to stop was the sexual assault scenes, which he stopped in 2006 with the one on alicization and then never did that ever again.
 
Nov 2, 2:32 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 125
Chiibi said:
Darikan said:
Reki Kawahara just does not learn from his mistakes.


If you haven't read Progressive, I advise you to shut your face. :|


Course, when an author do a great job in a last arc, all the shit plot holes or weak character chosing or development in the previous stories must be forgiven, right?

hmm





Anyway, i love SAO, and this fails are exactly the style of this series which i'm already used.

Point the fails without be angry with it is not even bashing. It is just sarcasm (okay, it is something some cultures have a hard time to understand).
 
Nov 2, 2:45 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 125
Well, (seriously) rate harenism in SAO may be not wrong BUT sounds so forced, since one of the most special and singular things in SAO (also one of the features that attach me to this series) is the absolutely faithful, exclusive, defined but still CHILL relation between Kirito and Asuna.

This kind of maturity is very rare to find in animes/mangas of this genre.
 
Nov 2, 2:45 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 12
caio_brb said:
Rob7 said:


You must be fun at parties.


No, I am fun at places where people know what rape, abuse and sexual assault are. I'm a lawyer, which is for the very exact motive that I'm pissed at how you all put all of those terms as if they are the same thing, when they aren't, at all. SAO had two sexual assault scenes in the original LN, and three in the anime. That was it, nothing more nor less. With of course, you inventing a garbage argument like you did in your post which will just spread misinformation to people reading.

Darikan said:


Unital Ring has only 2 volumes at the moment. This Arc also has stereotypes and increases the harem of Kirito. So typical SAO. Reki Kawahara just does not learn from his mistakes.


There's no mistakes like these and also there's no "harem of kirito". Kirito is only with Asuna, only loves her and is with her since Aincrad and the other girls liking him or not is irrelevant outside of their own arcs in the past, which were just romantic interests, no different than Batman and Spider-man who had many interests in a same comic book. Not only that, but the story itself much like on Alicization and Mother Rosario is good.

Like I said before, there's nothing bad for the motives you insist. You just isn't getting what you want from what the novelist wants to tell and write. It's just wishful thinking that are not being realized and you're saying it's bad because he's not doing what you want him to do.

The only wrong thing that he had to stop was the sexual assault scenes, which he stopped in 2006 with the one on alicization and then never did that ever again.


If he at least changed this imbalance between male and female characters, the series would be much better. Already the film showed great potential, if the Anatgonist is not a psycho or a self-proclaimed god, it is much better if one can identify with the antagonist. SAO claims to be a serious anime, but loses itself in ridicule, see Yui, and in logic holes. I'm probably comparing too much with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
 
Nov 2, 3:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 184
I kinda feel bad that Lipia's role ends here and so as her commander/ lover Shasta.





Modified by Horn_dawg_2019, Nov 2, 3:27 PM
 
Nov 2, 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 420
I actually like the main villain more than the main protagonists xD
 
Nov 2, 3:13 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 125
Did you see that the leader of Dark Mage Waifus, Dee Eye, just has lost one leg due to that Shasta's "berserk" last stage skill or something?





Remember from the previous episode that Dee was said to be the one who discovered the immortality of the Administrator and is not trustable for her great ambitious.


Now she is a disabled. (joke alert!)
Modified by Rob7, Nov 2, 3:20 PM
 
Nov 2, 3:22 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6885
Darikan said:


that may be true, but he also had to introduce there more female characters who are no longer important later and some fan service


The novels won't sell without fanservice though.



 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »