Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 31, 2022 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
Phaetons_Folly said:
This is actually one of the best set ups SAO has done so far. It's nice to have a good understanding of the main villain at the start of the arc instead of just appearing right at the end. The death of the two Dark Knights did a great job in establishing how powerful Gabriel is, but also the philosophy he will be following in his assumed role. He is a solidly evil character that hopefully turns out to be a great antagonist.

To me it looks completely opposite, we rapidly got rid of two characters that could've been interesting and for what, a villain who turned into the standard evil psycho who gets off to doing unspeakable things to people.
C'mon, somewhat relatable villains are nice too, add them once in a while too instead of this crap.

As for how powerful he is, all I could think of was dude he just logged in on an already existing account. :)
Nov 13, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2019
That backstory is very messed up, but that means the villain is finally interesting this time. I definitely did not expect that.

No idea how he stopped that attack, but I don't see how they can lose.
Alex_TheForestNov 13, 2022 9:20 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 27, 2022 1:22 PM

May 2022
good episode, but damn things got dark. This creepy, psychopath Gabriel/Miller killed their childhood friend just to see their soul and devoured Lipia's soul. This guy indeed doesn't know what human life is, and what love is, Shasta is right. Not even Shasta could avenge Lipia, that creep just devoured his soul like it was nothing. Both Shasta and Lipia desired peace with the Human Empire. This episode did a good job establishing the antagonist, and soon enough this creep will crumble and suffer.
Jan 19, 2023 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, he murdered Alicia. His thoughts are an example of what goes on in a serial killer's head in real life.
Vixur's rage & final attack looked cool! Too bad it didn't do anything against the Emperor.
Feb 5, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing his past, Gabriel legit has some issues which is kinda disappointing to see yet another psycho villain as I was kinda hyped for having a mercenary as antagonist that didn't went too far in being evil.

Mar 5, 2023 4:10 PM

Apr 2019
Lipia and Shasta should have just fled to the human realm, Bercoli might have offered them asylum or something...
Dec 16, 2023 6:17 PM

Nov 2023
Well gahhdan, Gabriel is weird
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.