Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2019 12:37 PM
Oct 2019
Recently I finished banana fish and given. I really enjoyed watching them since they weren't the stereotypical yaoi animes. Yall know any good bl animes like these?
wi_ngboyNov 4, 2019 10:49 AM
Nov 1, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2019
Only one I've seen is Doukyuusei.
Nov 1, 2019 1:21 PM
Oct 2019
_Ridley_ said:
Only one I've seen is Doukyuusei.

Is that anime any good???
Nov 1, 2019 1:28 PM
Jul 2019
I enjoyed it, so yes? Didn't care for the teacher character, but the story's basically about two perfectly normal boys being good to each other.
Nov 1, 2019 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
Gravitation and No.6
Nov 1, 2019 9:41 PM
Oct 2019
_Ridley_ said:
I enjoyed it, so yes? Didn't care for the teacher character, but the story's basically about two perfectly normal boys being good to each other.

Well, I will add it to my watch list. And yes those are the types I'm looking for, thank you
Nov 1, 2019 9:41 PM
Oct 2019
Dalek-kun said:
Gravitation and No.6

I'll add to my watch list!
Nov 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Nov 2008
I like Yami No Matsuei. There's a toxic, one-sided relationship...and it's treated as exactly that; the guy is the villain lol. But the bond formed between the two MAIN characters is very wholesome.

wi_ngboy said:
Dalek-kun said:
Gravitation and No.6

Don't watch Gravitation; it's SO stereotypical that it will disgust you. lol Shuuichi might as well be a girl...and Yuki treats him like crap. :|

Nov 1, 2019 10:40 PM
Oct 2019
Chiibi said:
I like Yami No Matsuei. There's a toxic, one-sided relationship...and it's treated as exactly that; the guy is the villain lol. But the bond formed between the two MAIN characters is very wholesome.

wi_ngboy said:

Don't watch Gravitation; it's SO stereotypical that it will disgust you. lol Shuuichi might as well be a girl...and Yuki treats him like crap. :|

Thank you you have saved me a session of anger and frustration. I'm very tired of the stereotypical gays in animes
Nov 2, 2019 4:10 AM

Jul 2019
+1 Doukyuusei
It's a cute and sweet movie. I also didn't like that teacher...

If you enjoyed it, the manga has sequels that continues from post-high school lives. afaik Blanc could be the last one, and it's not fully translated yet (I hope someone will pick this up again)

-----
If you don't mind manhua, I really like Here U Are
Nov 2, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
@BestDogeKoromaru:

Okay, first off, calm down. I didn't insult your mother.

Second, OP wants non-stereotypical BL and Gravitation is VERY stereotypical so the OP is probably just going to be angry watching it. Some people HATE the girly uke, manly seme dynamic and ShuuichixYuki is the EPITOME of that.

Third: The OP wants a non-toxic relationship and Gravitation doesn't really feature that either. Yuki has no respect for Shuuichi, even in the manga, he calls him a "f*ck-hole" or "toilet-hole" and says he only keeps him around for that purpose.

He's a shitty boyfriend, just face the facts. And Shuuichi is also pretty annoying himself. The writing is terrible. The chemistry is non-existent. The only really good thing about Gravitation is the music. :/

Fourth: People ask for suggestions because they WANT to be told what to watch/what not to watch.
I have no control over the OP's actions; I'm just warning the OP "you probably won't like this, based on your requirements".
ChiibiNov 2, 2019 1:27 PM

Nov 2, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2018
You can try Koisuru Boukun (Tyrant who fell in love). It does have a rape scene but it was executed in a cute/comical and untoxic way and victim himself didn't feel bad after that.
And I agree with comrades about Doukyuusei. It's a must watch
Nemo_NiemandNov 2, 2019 1:40 PM

Nov 2, 2019 1:59 PM

Apr 2019
Ahh you've already watched Given, that would've been my main recommendation :'D Others that I can think of:

Mo Dao Zu Shi:
In my opinion this (Chinese) anime is amazing, but there's a lot of supernatural stuff going on. There's action scenes and a certain amount of gore, so if that's not your cup of tea then maybe skip this one. The relationship also isn't the anime's main focus (I'm halfway through season two and there's only been one very vaguely suggested "romance" scene). The novel it's based off of is BL, so the main characters do show a certain amount of affection towards each other, but again I'm not sure to what extent the anime portrays this as romance. I guess it's comparable to Banana Fish in that respect.

Hybrid Child:
This one has 4 episodes, so it's not a long watch. I personally didn't enjoy the first two episodes all that much, as it seemed quite generic, and episode 2 was just weird to me. Episode 3 and 4, however, hold a different story that connects to the first two episodes and throws in a few twists. I wouldn't call it a revolutionary BL or anything, but for me the last two episodes made watching the first two totally worth it.

I agree with No.6 which was mentioned before, it has a nice story and relationship build-up.

"Are you willing to die for me, then?!"

Nov 2, 2019 3:26 PM

Nov 2012
Okay, so Gravitation might not be right for you, but I still recommend No. 6. Yuri on Ice is also pretty good. I also don't think Sukisho had any really bad stuff either.
Nov 3, 2019 4:34 AM

Feb 2018
+2 Doukyuusei :O

I really enjoyed it, it was a nice comfort movie that I think is nice to watch together with someone (I watched it with a past close friend a longggg time ago...), it's really nice and I don't even view it as BL, more like an ACTUAL genuine connection and attraction the two MC's had towards one another.

Also if you know a bit about Japanese honorics/vernacular that actual couples use it makes the experience WAYY more cuter and funnier especially towards the end :D (Otherwise try to find a good translated version)

But yeh I think it's a nice movie to watch with a date/close friend when the weather is still and quiet and no one's home or something.

ArtreyuNov 3, 2019 4:37 AM
Nov 3, 2019 5:27 PM
Sep 2018
Love stage is brilliant
Nov 3, 2019 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
+3 Doukyuusei
+2 Mo Dao Zu Shi
Hitorijime My Hero, one of the characters is a little handsy but overall it was really good.

Honestly there are waaay more wholesome bl manga, manhwa, and manhua than there is anime.
Nov 4, 2019 10:58 AM
Oct 2019
Nemo_Niemand said:
You can try Koisuru Boukun (Tyrant who fell in love). It does have a rape scene but it was executed in a cute/comical and untoxic way and victim himself didn't feel bad after that.
And I agree with comrades about Doukyuusei. It's a must watch

I've added this to my list, thank you, It sounds pretty interesting
Nov 4, 2019 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:
@BestDogeKoromaru:

Second, OP wants non-stereotypical BL and Gravitation is VERY stereotypical so the OP is probably just going to be angry watching it. Some people HATE the girly uke, manly seme dynamic and ShuuichixYuki is the EPITOME of that.

Third: The OP wants a non-toxic relationship and Gravitation doesn't really feature that either. Yuki has no respect for Shuuichi, even in the manga, he calls him a "f*ck-hole" or "toilet-hole" and says he only keeps him around for that purpose.

He's a shitty boyfriend, just face the facts. And Shuuichi is also pretty annoying himself. The writing is terrible. The chemistry is non-existent. The only really good thing about Gravitation is the music. :/

Fourth: People ask for suggestions because they WANT to be told what to watch/what not to watch.
I have no control over the OP's actions; I'm just warning the OP "you probably won't like this, based on your requirements".

Yeah, it's too bad, because I always wanted to watch Gravitation due to how hot some of the guys are(especially Touma), but I'll likely never watch it, due to what I now know about it.

Nov 4, 2019 11:47 AM
Oct 2019
--Shirt-- said:
Ahh you've already watched Given, that would've been my main recommendation :'D Others that I can think of:

Mo Dao Zu Shi:
In my opinion this (Chinese) anime is amazing, but there's a lot of supernatural stuff going on. There's action scenes and a certain amount of gore, so if that's not your cup of tea then maybe skip this one. The relationship also isn't the anime's main focus (I'm halfway through season two and there's only been one very vaguely suggested "romance" scene). The novel it's based off of is BL, so the main characters do show a certain amount of affection towards each other, but again I'm not sure to what extent the anime portrays this as romance. I guess it's comparable to Banana Fish in that respect.

Hybrid Child:
This one has 4 episodes, so it's not a long watch. I personally didn't enjoy the first two episodes all that much, as it seemed quite generic, and episode 2 was just weird to me. Episode 3 and 4, however, hold a different story that connects to the first two episodes and throws in a few twists. I wouldn't call it a revolutionary BL or anything, but for me the last two episodes made watching the first two totally worth it.

I agree with No.6 which was mentioned before, it has a nice story and relationship build-up.

Wow thank you for this. I think I'm going to watch the first one. I do actually like gore things. Gore animes are my go too, I'll watch hybrid child once I'm done with the first one.
Nov 4, 2019 11:53 AM

Nov 2008
Seiya said:
Chiibi said:
@BestDogeKoromaru:

Yeah, it's too bad, because I always wanted to watch Gravitation due to how hot some of the guys are(especially Touma), but I'll likely never watch it, due to what I now know about it.

I forgot about Touma. xD He's the only good character. Legitimately scary.

Nov 4, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
+1 Doukyuusei
+1 Yuri on Ice
+1 Hitorijime my hero
+1 No.6

Many interesting BLs are going to air next year so I might as well recommend them in advance (I read the manga and am waiting forward to seeing them animated *_*):
Umibe no Étranger
Ten Count
Twittering Birds Never Fly
Nov 5, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2012
Chiibi said:
Seiya said:

I forgot about Touma. xD He's the only good character. Legitimately scary.

Ryuichi and Hiroshi are my favorite characters. They are both really nice to Shuichi.
Nov 5, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2012
Irishchatter said:
Love stage is brilliant
Love Stage has some rapey stuff in it if I recall correctly, and it's pretty stereotypical, too.
Nov 5, 2019 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Dalek-kun said:
Irishchatter said:
Love stage is brilliant
Love Stage has some rapey stuff in it if I recall correctly, and it's pretty stereotypical, too.

I have also heard that.

But I've heard No.6 is good and Sukisho was cute for me (didn't finish that)

Hiro was a great best friend...pretty good-looking too, yes. xD

Nov 5, 2019 11:50 AM
Oct 2019
-michira- said:
+1 Doukyuusei
+1 Yuri on Ice
+1 Hitorijime my hero
+1 No.6

Many interesting BLs are going to air next year so I might as well recommend them in advance (I read the manga and am waiting forward to seeing them animated *_*):
Umibe no Étranger
Ten Count
Twittering Birds Never Fly

Yuri on Ice was good and I'm planning on watching the other ones soon. Wow i read up on them and they seem really good, I'm going to keep an eye out and watch when they come out. I've been looking to read some new mangas so I might do that as well. May I ask where did you read it on or did you buy a psychical copy?
Nov 5, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2012
I also hear that Antique Bakery is pretty good.
Nov 5, 2019 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
@wi_ngboy I read them online on MangaRock:

1) https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-263591 (4 chapters)
2) https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-242478 (48 chapters)
3) https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-209908 (37 chapters and still ongoing)

I recommend reading them in that order, 2nd and 3rd are kinda explicit, but overall the story's very good. There's also a webtoon Moritat, that could be interesting for you.

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

12 by boguda »»
2 hours ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
2 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
2 hours ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
4 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.