Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2019 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Megumi getting more spotlight this season! Kinda cool they used some old fashioned comic-like graphics this episode. Her opponent is ..of course against an Elite 10.

A lot of foodgasm as usual lol. Momo's got those sweet skills.

Nov 1, 2019 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
DAMMIT!

I've never wanted to read the manga more then ever after this episode! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time nervous as heck seeing if Megumi can overcome Momo's sweet cooking skills! Man Guess we'll find out next week.

The interactions between Megumi and Shinomiya were really fun. Looking forward to next week and the RESULTS!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 1, 2019 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Why did they have to end it like that! Now we'll have to wait next week.

I really want to see Megumi win over Momo.

Shinomiya helping Megumi was nice.

Nov 1, 2019 10:52 AM

Feb 2016
I wonder what the secret was. Too bad we'll have to wait another week for it

One of the the matches have come to an end and I guess the other two will end in the next episode

Lol those extravagant reactions made by the judges tho
Nov 1, 2019 10:58 AM

Feb 2019
Those scenes between megumi and shinomiya were hilarious af.

Megu-myan's dorayaki packed quite a bit of rabu!
Nov 1, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2018
this is going too fast......

“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 1, 2019 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
Boxer Megumi is <3

Really loved the parts with her and Shinomiya. It's really touching to see on what terms they're now.

@Stark700 that image is gold xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 1, 2019 11:17 AM

Oct 2018
I am tired of waiting for Yukihira , when he is gonna start his punch? :(

megumi did a great job, I think she is gonna win ^_^

Nov 1, 2019 11:37 AM

Jan 2018
Let's hope that Megumi will win, i don't like Momo that much, she's cute but at the same time she's
annoying.

The coach scene with Megumi and Shynomia was really funny.

Nov 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
You know that scene where Megumi was like "You will have to wait a little more Yukihira".... then she finished her plate without giving anything to Yukihira.... is she even allowed to keep cooking after she gives her plate to the judges?
Nov 1, 2019 1:20 PM

Dec 2014
Megumin...has grown so much good for her
Nov 1, 2019 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
Love! Love!

Man, the emcee is fucking hilarious xD.

I loved this episode. Let's go Megumi!
Nov 1, 2019 1:57 PM

May 2018
Oh com on wats with that cliffhanger, can't they just end that momo vs Megumi arc thing right now????!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Shinomiya moments with Megumi were pretty sweet. And to think he was a jerk during his first appearance and nearly expelled her, was pretty nice for him to train her for her match against Central.
Really rooting for Megumi. She needs to win.
Nov 1, 2019 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
THAT CLIFFHANGER! Why you do this to me!!!

Not gonna lie, Shinomiya in the first season was such a douchebag towards Megumi and I can only appreciate he is helping her now. One of those characters I warm up to eventually when they show a nicer side. Kudos to Mr Shinomiya.

Finally able to see Megumi in action again and this episode is just perfect! One thing she never changes, her nerves that has always made her the underdog in this Anime. I love how she saw Shinomiya as a ping-pong coach that encouraged her to do better. Amazing!

This cliffhanger is killing me, no matter what the result will be next week. I am happy to see her shine again! (Obviously she needs to win!)
Nov 1, 2019 2:37 PM

Aug 2018
Oh the third round, this is my favorite part of this arc. This and the next 2 chapters are, for me, the best of this fourth season.
Nov 1, 2019 3:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As expected of the academy thats quite the impressive food storage facility. Momo really can be quite menacing at times huh. To think that Megumi had such training from Shinomiya though. Still she by far is the one thats being underestimated here the most. The insight into their training though was pretty insightful and amusing due to the source of Megumi's determination and the effect it had on Shinomiya. More than anything this lineup of Soma, Megumi and Takumi also gave them the perfect opportunity to both show the lessons they learned during the stag but also the teamwork that comes from having worked alongside each other for so long. Momo's dish while being rich and vibrant in colour was also pretty and elegant with the name matching the dish perfectly. Though Megumi's dish may look simple the strength within its core sure made up for it with the analogy of a boxer being pretty apt. Quite curious to see whether Megumi's determination and her hellish training will pay off against Momo. Nice to see her finally get the spotlight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 5:13 PM

Dec 2014
Love! Love! xD

What is the hidden secret of Megumi's dish? I'm curious now. I hope she beats Momo.

I was actually hoping that all 3 of them would combine and make a single dish. Would've been interesting if they beat the opposing Elite 10 members that way but I guess it isn't allowed.
Nov 1, 2019 8:08 PM

Dec 2015
NOOOO that was the meanest way to end the episode!
Nov 1, 2019 8:08 PM
Mar 2017
Momo is terrifyingly adorable, Megumi on her side feels the pressure of facing the best pastry chef and third place in the Elite Ten.
You have no idea how glad I am and how great was to see chef Shinomiya train Megumi, especially because of their past history, but I must admit that Shinomiya was sometimes a jerk with Megumi during her training, it was necessary that he was strict with her, but in the end the dynamic of coach and student resulted in something positive and fun.
Seeing the teamwork of Takumi, Souma and Megumi filled me with excitement, the way the three freshmen gave their best was the best, but this became opaque when the aroma of Momo's pot stolen all the looks and the noses of the spectators, Momo finishes her dessert first and the three bookman are impressed with the impeccable and perfect work of Momo, even the foodgasm that Momo's dessert caused was very adorable, and Anne as a fairy is too cute.
At last is Megumi's turn to present her dessert and she made Dorayakis, but these are not the usual ones, Megumi surprised the three Bookmans with the content of the Dorayaki, the foodgasm with Megumi as a boxing fighter was too much, but there is something hidden in Megumi's Dorayaki and we will know what struck Anne and the other bookmans in the next episode.

I really liked the development that Megumi had in this episode, she showed a lot of determination and security in the Dorayaki she prepared, I would love that Megumi won this round.
Nov 1, 2019 8:58 PM
Jun 2017
Go Team First years... and Go megumi... yeah... beat those Central Elite 10..
Nov 2, 2019 12:25 AM

Mar 2008
God damn, what a brutal cliffhanger. lol
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Nov 2, 2019 12:28 AM

Mar 2018
So this episode only Tadakoro and Momo? Seems a bit slow tbh

The foodgasms were hilarious xD liked the teamwork display between the three

And I mean.. Tadakoro is most likely going to win, why? Because she presented her dish last obviously

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 2, 2019 12:58 AM
May 2019
I feel like I went into this episode expecting too much shokugeki and got a bit more backstory instead. Still, the episode was pretty decent. I like the "Rebel" team's approach to this bout, everyone supporting one another like a true team of professionals. That's a very cool tactic! And I'm curious about the result of Megumi and Momo's match since Megumi hid something special in her dish. We'll see next week!
Nov 2, 2019 1:02 AM
May 2019
K1ngOfSloth said:

And I mean.. Tadakoro is most likely going to win, why? Because she presented her dish last obviously

I also was expecting to see more action centered around all three members of the team, like in the previous episodes, but I guess previous seasons focused a lot on individual matches as well, so...

There have been times where the person who presented first won! Not often, but it's happened. If anything, if Megumi doesn't win here, it's so that the final team shokugeki can focus on Erina being the female representative of the team, imo
Nov 2, 2019 1:54 AM

Jul 2014
Love this episode with my girl megumi in it, i want to eat her dorayaki!
LOVE!
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 2, 2019 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
The loli with her plushy annoys me, I hope Megumi crushes her
Nov 2, 2019 2:03 AM
Aug 2019
K1ngOfSloth said:

The foodgasms were hilarious xD liked the teamwork display between the three

You forgot even Soma lost to Akira the first two times despite he presented his dish last
Nov 2, 2019 2:13 AM

Feb 2016
LETS GOOOOOO MEGUMI
Nov 2, 2019 2:16 AM
Aug 2018
I want Megumi to win this match so bad 😭 it will be so disappointing if she loses 😒
Nov 2, 2019 2:59 AM
Oct 2019
emraanash said:

tbh, it was not. I mean they only featured only one battle and that too without any outcome.
Nov 2, 2019 6:14 AM
Jul 2016
Really enjoyed the episode!
I'm glad they spent a lot more time building up for this Shokugeki. The pacing was much better and I hope it continues like this, as there are less people in the shokugeki
Nov 2, 2019 6:58 AM

Feb 2014
God bless Megumi. This episode really shows just how committed she is to the match, even if she's a ball of nerves at times. She's my favourite female character from this show for a reason, after all. =3

Momo, as expected, really loves her cuteness and it really shows with her fancy-looking bouquet dish. The foodgasms that her dish had with references to Cinderella was really amusing. Despite that, her smugness does show quite a bit here and it's all the more reason why I want her to lose to Megumi.

Megumi's dish might look plain in comparison, but it still packs a punch. She got plenty of help from Shinomiya, whose training scenes between the two was hilarious! ^_^

Still, it's great to see Shinomiya helping Megumi in the first place. From someone who initially failed her back in season 1 to helping her now, it's shown how much Shinomiya has grown as a person and the same goes for Megumi, too.

Great episode, even though the cliffhanger ending made me a bit frustrated. XD
Nov 2, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, so we are actually doing this? One bout per episode? Smh
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
lavah said:
The loli with her plushy annoys me, I hope Megumi crushes her

Agreed, not even cute! but the announcer is far worse - i hope she gets explosive diarrhea.
Nov 2, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was magical! Momo's presentation dish was gorgeous! Makes me want to take a bite *u* I have faith that Megumi will win, but it's a difficult battle... too curious to know who'll win this Shokugeki ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 2, 2019 11:10 AM
Oct 2007
I'm going to give this another try even though I guessed wrongly for the last match.

I think this matchup could be a draw. Both dishes had both the male judges naked. If the show only reveal that the female judge go naked the next episode for Megumi's dish then they never intended for us to guess correctly in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 11:58 AM

Oct 2018
hikkiGOAT said:
emraanash said:

tbh, it was not. I mean they only featured only one battle and that too without any outcome.

I am talking about overall story pace.

Nov 2, 2019 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
Ping Pong The Animation hidden sequal inside this episode for sure is there.
Nov 2, 2019 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
Boxer Megumi was unexpectedly cute.

But boy, the cliffhanger. The responses from the male judges were off the charts in so many ways...
Nov 2, 2019 3:23 PM
Jan 2016
Another masterful episode!

Damn, their teamwork as trio is really awesome, was nice to see them having a reunion asking help to each other! And Erina talking as a leader was really nice, and yeah, she looked like Alice!

So Shinomiya trained Megumi, wasn't expecting this, but i am really glad for that, also their interactions during training were hilarious!

Seems they like to let us in a clifhanger, but looking forward to see what Megumi as secretly done!
Nov 2, 2019 4:10 PM
Mar 2008
I feel like this match will either go 2-1 or maybe 1-1 and a draw.

I am not a fan of Megumi, but loli sweets girl is more annoying.

Will be interesting to see what is in her dish that makes the big impact which probably will lead to her victory. As well as what the others will dish up.

Considering we probably have like 8-9 episodes left. and at max 9 being eliminated, maybe 1 will go home per episode then.
Nov 2, 2019 4:57 PM

Nov 2009
emraanash said:

If you think this is fast... oh man... don't ever read the manga...

___ ___ ___

OK... apparently Megumi is a huge Shoujo/ Sport manga fanatic...

You would think she'll be reading food/ cooking manga, but nope... she was pretty much a normal little girl before she ends up here.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 2, 2019 6:11 PM

Oct 2012
What an episode! They managed to make a great one again, kinda fitting Megumi did it for them as she is the embodiment of humbleness and hard work that gets rewarded if you persist. In a way she's actually the same as Souma with her approach to cooking and that's why her episodes always work so great as she has have to put the biggest effort to step out of her underdog shadow everytime.
She is pretty much one us, one from the crow who followed up her dream and persevered in her goal, such stories are always the best.

Can't wait the continuation, really hope this cliffhanger wasn't for nothing and that she actually wins after all this.
Nov 2, 2019 6:18 PM

Oct 2018
amlg said:
emraanash said:

If you think this is fast... oh man... don't ever read the manga...

___ ___ ___

OK... apparently Megumi is a huge Shoujo/ Sport manga fanatic...

You would think she'll be reading food/ cooking manga, but nope... she was pretty much a normal little girl before she ends up here.

I never read a manga :(

Nov 2, 2019 9:00 PM

May 2016
CeddyyBearr said:

This cliffhanger is killing me, no matter what the result will be next week. I am happy to see her shine again! (Obviously she needs to win!)
This sure has to be the best episode so far by a mile, Megumin doing her best with such burning passion brought
this episode to another heights.
Nov 3, 2019 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
Momo's voice is one of those that sounds cute at first but then quickly turns to annoying

Hope Megumin wins this bout
Nov 3, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2017
Best episode of this season so far!
Although I already read the manga, I don't remember many details and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 3, 2019 4:23 PM

Oct 2008
I teared-up on this episode! it was intense to the max every second gloriousness!
Fight you go girl Megumi show them all that you've learned from Master Shinomiya!!!
Megumi failed on the visuals department but she has a secret weapon damn cliffhanger!!!
5/5.

Nov 3, 2019 4:47 PM

Apr 2007
Once I saw Momo's basket I just knew it was made of bread. No real baker would use an actual one instead lol

So much Megumi love <3 It's hard to believe that she'll be able to beat Momo's dish, but Megumi has proven herself so many times already. Looking forward to the outcome~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

169 by Nanashi »»
Apr 13, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.