Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 1, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2019
Oh boi, it's getting better and better.

Gen was amazing. That smart sly cunning little mentalist. He's already in my favourites list.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 1, 2019 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
That escalated pretty quickly, I had expected a bit more build up towards Tsukasa's army arriving at the village. Well we can't really call it an army... just a bunch of meatheads and Hyoga, which in all fairness is the biggest threat. A bit of bluffing got them out of that situation.

Now the village has Katana's to counter Hyoga and his meatheads once again. Gotta love Gen for betraying them in the most glorious ways. Gotta love his facial expressions. It's all about that Cola man!

Pretty great episode!

Ishigami Village 1 - 0 Tsukasa's Empire
Nov 1, 2019 2:24 PM

Feb 2014
Tsukasa has finally made his move by sending out Hyoga and a bunch of dumb henchmen to make their first attack on Ishigami Village. It was tense, but Senku's gun bluff, along with Gen instructing Magma to throw a small rock at a cliff to sound like a bullet bouncing off from it, was enough to make Hyoga retreat temporarily.

The next fight would happen a few days later during a storm, where in that time, Senku's group was quick enough to produce multiple Japanese katana swords. As impressive as they were, Hyoga's spear techniques was causing some issues with the group.

Luckily, it then broke under pressure, as it was revealed that Gen sabotaged Hyoga's spear during the first retreat. Gen's smug facial expression was creepy, but hilarious. XD

So Ishigami Village wins this battle. However, I think the Tsukasa Empire will make their next move pretty quickly, so I look forward to seeing what happens next between these two factions. =)
Nov 1, 2019 2:36 PM

Aug 2016
I like that Gen guy more and more every episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 2:44 PM

May 2018
They should have used the actual best sword: The rapier
Nov 1, 2019 2:58 PM
May 2019
So this episode have a little bit of suspense, science and action. A pretty good episode. I wonder how many episodes will we see this "try to break past the village defenses" thing, because it seems more and more unlikely that Senku will lose. I enjoy it right now. I just wonder, their base is actually outside the village, isn't it? Maybe they will discover that? Also, when we were introduced to the village, they spoke something about someone who was expeled from the village. Any chance he appears to help Tsukasa?
Nov 1, 2019 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
I kinda don't get why they didn't build more crossbows. Sure it doesn't work against Tsukasa but pretty much everyone else would be screwed, especially if they attempt to cross the narrow bridge.
Nov 1, 2019 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
Dude that fight was awful

dr. Power point
Nov 1, 2019 4:16 PM

Apr 2018
Why they gotta go and make this anime so PG? Literally Kinro should have died on that bridge for how long he was hanging there, enemy could have stabbed him like 100 times.

Also they make katanas to win the fight but all they do is break the weapons of enemies? Like wtf lol, they are barbarians trying to invade ur village, fucking murder them! When it comes to survival, that is the only choice. Anime's are just so silly, it's ridiculous.
Nov 1, 2019 5:12 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was horrible, what the fuck happened in the first encounter? How long was Kinro hanging from the bridge while Senku made the "gun"? Why did the villains do nothing in all that time? In addition, it was terribly stupid that villains did not realize that Gen was a traitor when he was basically in front of them giving instructions to the people of the village. On the other hand, if Tsukasa intended to revive only young people, why do these antagonists look like people over 30? Not counting that they look like gorillas / cavemen when they should be people of the modern age xD
Nov 1, 2019 5:19 PM

Nov 2014
Gen is such a G lol!!! Love all his facial expressions!!!

Dr. Stone, the anime in which the bad guys look like the bad guys and the good guys look badder than the bad guys.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, the enemy has arrived and a new antagonist by the name Hyogo comes along so iron age vs stone aged weapons.

Ya know Tsukasa said that he never wants to revived older people, but his henchmen looks like they're in their 30's 40's and 50's and almost all look like a bunch of grown up gangsters.

younger people doesn't necessarily mean teenagers. it can also be people in their twenties. and trust me there a lots of twenty year olds who look old as shit
ttcchenNov 1, 2019 5:30 PM
Nov 1, 2019 5:31 PM

Jun 2015
Kinrou holding Hyoga's leg and Hyoga does nothing about it is kinda questionable. But the spotlight will go to Gen today. You will never know what his true scheme is.
Nov 1, 2019 5:42 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Senkuu bringing back the glorious Nippon steel that is the Katana. I was curious what he was gonna make and I couldn't help but smile when I saw the Katanas.

Gen for MVP though, them espionage operations. xD
Nov 1, 2019 5:51 PM
Aug 2018
Kinro with glasses and a katana kinda looks like jin from samurai shamploo
Nov 1, 2019 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
So Magma is on the good side now eh?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 1, 2019 6:59 PM
Feb 2019
for some reason to me, this series has gotten progressively better each episode since episode 15. I think it might have something to do with TMS now having their full manpower to work on Dr.stone, rather than splitting it with Fruba. Or maybe the story just got way better these past few episodes, idk. This episode is one of the most exhilarating thus far, and I can't wait to see what comes next. I think at this point personally, Dr.Stone is better than Vinland Saga, but that's just my opinion.

loved this episode though!!
Nov 1, 2019 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Shit got real. Damn.
Although the sonic-spear...come on now...that's just bullshit. Eh, I'll go with it.
The writer could've easily just made the antagonists stupid, to make both sides perfectly opposites, but by making the antagonists also smart (not as smart as Senku though), it makes them much more threatening, which in turn, gives much more tension to the anime.
The problem with action anime like Naruto, is that the main character tends to be far more overpowered than everyone else, therefore overshadowing them.
However, as Digibro pointed out, it's great how each character has their own unique specialties and flaws, that allows them to contribute to the group:

Senku is the smartest, but physically the weakest.
Kohaku isn't smart, but is extremely strong.
The magician guy isn't scientifically smart, or physically strong, but is very street-smart: a trickster.
I think Chrome is kind of...in between, like a jack of all trades: he's scientifically smarter than most, but not as smart as Senku, but is stronger than Senku, but not strong as Kohaku.

I honestly can't imagine this series going downhill: because there are no superpowers, everything has to be as logical as possible, therefore it's almost impossible for characters to do anything bullshit.

I think my one complaint is that the characters are too simple, despite being very likeable and distinct.

light_of_amphy said:
for some reason to me, this series has gotten progressively better each episode since episode 15. I think it might have something to do with TMS now having their full manpower to work on Dr.stone, rather than splitting it with Fruba. Or maybe the story just got way better these past few episodes, idk. This episode is one of the most exhilarating thus far, and I can't wait to see what comes next. I think at this point personally, Dr.Stone is better than Vinland Saga, but that's just my opinion.

loved this episode though!!

I don't think this series has gotten better. It's great as always. The reason why I think, when an anime feels like it gets better as it goes along, is because there's a rise in tension and action.
Why do you think Dr. Stone > Vinland Saga? I feel as though because Vinland has fewer characters, they have more development. None of the characters in Dr. Stone so far have the complexity and depth of Thorfinn or Askeladd.
Although animation wise, Dr. Stone probably looks better, since there's no CG used. However, I feel as though Vinland has much more distinct and interesting artwork.

Luis_Enrique1 said:
Kinro with glasses and a katana kinda looks like jin from samurai shamploo

Lol! Just give Kinro a ponytail, and he looks just like Jin.

FuryTank said:
This episode was horrible, what the fuck happened in the first encounter? How long was Kinro hanging from the bridge while Senku made the "gun"? Why did the villains do nothing in all that time?

Yeah, I agree here. But it's kind of a cliche in anime at this point: the villains standing around while the heroes get things ready. It's like time moves differently. RDCworld 1 made a great video on that cliche:

FuryTank said:
In addition, it was terribly stupid that villains did not realize that Gen was a traitor when he was basically in front of them giving instructions to the people of the village.

If I recall correctly, Gen was kind of whispering. I don't remember.

I feel as though the problems you've listed aren't that detrimental to the experience. Then again, that's just how I am: I'm able to acknowledge an anime's flaws, and still enjoy it tremendously.

dasprn said:
So Magma is on the good side now eh?

Eh...I'm not sure about that.

ThatsNotGaming said:
Like wtf lol, they are barbarians trying to invade ur village, fucking murder them! When it comes to survival, that is the only choice. Anime's are just so silly, it's ridiculous.

Yeah now that I think about it, this is really inconsistent: they are villagers in a stone age. Surely, they must have gone to war with other groups before. So I don't think they should have qualms about killing people, ESPECIALLY when they know they're going to be at war.
I don't think it has to do with a PG rating, though. Naruto is also a shounen series, and a lot of people die in that anime.

Noumu said:
I kinda don't get why they didn't build more crossbows. Sure it doesn't work against Tsukasa but pretty much everyone else would be screwed, especially if they attempt to cross the narrow bridge.

I don't think they had the time to make katanas and crossbows. I think katanas > crossbows, since crossbows need to be reloaded.
removed-userNov 1, 2019 7:48 PM
Nov 1, 2019 9:03 PM

Oct 2015
I still think Hyoga is a badass character, that move Gen and Senku cooked up was really sneaky and pathetic. But those katanas were really slick, Kohaku looked fitting.

Kinro also looked great with those glasses.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 1, 2019 10:29 PM
Aug 2019
Nainu_ said:
> A new opponent has arrived. His spearmanship is off the charts.
> That bluff of a gun. Good thing it bought them some time.
> Those katanas. Very nice.
> Too much excitement came out of the craftsman.

Hyoga is really an interesting opponent imo. Can't wait for his further actions.

Hyoga is a really interesting opponent, he's better than Tsukasa
So basically I'm a weeb
Nov 1, 2019 10:32 PM
Aug 2019
SouthRzVa said:
Wasn't Tsukasa interested in reviving only youngsters for his utopian new world? After seeing those dudes and Hyoga, I really wonder what his conception of "youth" is...

I think that tsukasa has the mentality that doing an immoral thing is moral if it protects a moral thing. in other words, he is reviving some older folks to secure the future of people he defines as "young"
So basically I'm a weeb
Nov 1, 2019 10:34 PM
Apr 2019
Amazing all the episodes are interesting since from the start of the episode, don't you agree?
Nov 1, 2019 10:35 PM
Aug 2019
how did senku not expect that the rain would extinguish the fire
So basically I'm a weeb
Nov 1, 2019 10:49 PM
Nov 2019
tsukasa_hiragi said:

Because that was a trick.
Nov 1, 2019 11:15 PM
Jun 2017
Love this battle... this just to show you that you cant win in a battle with just using sheer power and muscle. Hahaha... you know STRATEGY AND WEAPONS ARE IMPORTANT
Nov 2, 2019 12:07 AM
Jun 2014
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Shit got real. Damn.
Although the sonic-spear...come on now...that's just bullshit. Eh, I'll go with it.

I don't understand how y'all are so quick to call bullshit.
This spear skill does exist, it's used by the school Owari Kan Ryu.
https://koryu.com/library/harmstrong1.html
Nov 2, 2019 12:12 AM

Jul 2016
tsukasa_hiragi said:
SouthRzVa said:
Wasn't Tsukasa interested in reviving only youngsters for his utopian new world? After seeing those dudes and Hyoga, I really wonder what his conception of "youth" is...

I think that tsukasa has the mentality that doing an immoral thing is moral if it protects a moral thing. in other words, he is reviving some older folks to secure the future of people he defines as "young"

Like a "the end justifies the means" kind of thing. Yeah, I guess that might be a possibility. Not sure if someone will ever addressed it in the anime tho.
Nov 2, 2019 12:56 AM

May 2019
The beginning of a war arc?

The introduction of the katana was a genius move, rather than skipping to gunpower completely, preserving the chronological integrity and thematic progression of the anime.

I really liked the characterisation of Gen in this episode, it developed his psyche a lot more.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 2, 2019 2:44 AM

Mar 2018
Not bad Senku
He's a pretty good actor xd

The most logical course of action would be to kill them. But they most likely won't do that.. I doubt he can persuade them to switch to the Kingdon of Science tho

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 2, 2019 3:17 AM

Nov 2010
As Suika's flashback scene began too abruptly, it took a moment to realize it was recollection. Kind of lame.
kuroneko99Nov 3, 2019 1:49 AM
Nov 2, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2018
Cool, they have katanas now. I wonder when they'll actually make a gun. Now that Gen blew his cover, there's now spy for them now. I think Tsukasa will begin to be serious now
Nov 2, 2019 4:54 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
What happened to Yuzuriha, Taiju and Tsukasa in the meantime? It feels like its been 10 episodes since they showed up. I liked those characters as well ;< Are they lost, dead or just neglected? MAL still has Tsukasa and Taiju as main characters, so I hope they will show up again!~

Well, maybe I just missed their appearance. Then shame on me.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Nov 2, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2019
What a great episede it was.i didn't know that Gen can be useful like that!
Nov 2, 2019 5:18 AM
Jun 2014
Brati said:
What happened to Yuzuriha, Taiju and Tsukasa in the meantime? It feels like its been 10 episodes since they showed up. I liked those characters as well ;< Are they lost, dead or just neglected? MAL still has Tsukasa and Taiju as main characters, so I hope they will show up again!~

Well, maybe I just missed their appearance. Then shame on me.

Actually they've been absent for more : 12 episodes lmao.
Nov 2, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
tsukasa_hiragi said:

ummmm.....

What?
Nov 2, 2019 7:24 AM

Sep 2012
guns n blades
this keeps getting more interesting
Nov 2, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2018
Science vs Strength huh.Wonder they can make a kanata in 3 days.Hyoka's spear looks awesome.

Nov 2, 2019 12:27 PM
Dec 2014
does senku need to snicker every sentence?

jesus christ

...i'm happy this series isn't snail paced as it usually is.

but now it's too fast, the pacing is all wrong. the material is becoming worse... the "twists" of senku outsmarting his opponent is so dull that i'm rolling my eyes. when they jumped in mid-air over... a bridge i felt like my eyes rolled so far back into my skull i got a headache. Senku talking about how his blades are "not pretty" when they're picture perfect was the icing on the cake

i've invested 18 episodes into the show and that's the only thing keeping me here
BlindSniperNov 2, 2019 12:30 PM
Nov 2, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
SouthRzVa said:
tsukasa_hiragi said:

Like a "the end justifies the means" kind of thing. Yeah, I guess that might be a possibility. Not sure if someone will ever addressed it in the anime tho.

Actually, despite how they are drawn, I'm pretty sure those dudes are under 25

Nov 2, 2019 2:15 PM

Jun 2016
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Noumu said:

I don't think they had the time to make katanas and crossbows. I think katanas > crossbows, since crossbows need to be reloaded.

But crossbows can be used more efficiently by a larger portion of the village and you can also prep multiple ones per person. Alternatively they could have just made some shortbows. We already know that Tsukasa has archers which is something they're pretty much defenceless against at this point in time.
Nov 2, 2019 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Noumu said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

But crossbows can be used more efficiently by a larger portion of the village and you can also prep multiple ones per person. Alternatively they could have just made some shortbows. We already know that Tsukasa has archers which is something they're pretty much defenceless against at this point in time.

They were going to be attacked during a storm. I don't think arrows are effective during a storm.
Nov 2, 2019 2:46 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Tsukasa made his move and send some atackers to Ishimagi village, and with a introdution of a new strong member os Tsukasa empire, Hyuuga, he was really powerful!

Senku's bluf was so epic, and managed to get some time to create Katanas, and also some glasses for Kinro!

Gen is a full member of science kingdom, and he amnaged to sabotate Hyuuga's spear, and Gen's revelation about being a traitor was so badass!

They defeated them easily, looking forward what happens next!
Nov 2, 2019 3:11 PM
Feb 2019
-Stray said:
"Stone Wars"
Catchy title, swell episode, Gen mentally screwed them over hard, well played.
Senku made em katana's! tho I was kinda disappointed that no one from their team was able to fight head on with.. what was his name again? Hyoka? Hyoga? if they couldn't even handle one of Tsukasa's lackey then they are majorly screwed when he joins the battle, better have em guns prepared before he comes.
Also since we're entering Stone wars.. where's Senkuu's first ally Taiju and Yuzuriha? they were supposed to get informations from Tsukasa's base, wonder how that went and maybe they exchanged info's behind the scenes. I kinda miss them now despite Taiju's loud personality.

Nov 2, 2019 3:20 PM

Jun 2016
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Noumu said:

They were going to be attacked during a storm. I don't think arrows are effective during a storm.

It lowers the effective range but trying to cross the bridge half naked with a dozen archers on the other side would have still been suicide.
NoumuNov 2, 2019 3:23 PM
Nov 2, 2019 4:49 PM

Apr 2016
Now starts a part I think I won’t like. The part with Senku’s father was the best in the series, the rest was pretty bad compared to that part and I hope the level wouldn't drop again.
Nov 2, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2017
As it demonstrates Hyoga like when your enemies are trying to do something.Perfectly fits his personality
He must be very interested in what they were going to do when he was standing on the bridge.The way he reacted when he found out what Gen did, to him, that must have been very exciting. lol

Proper...
Nov 2, 2019 9:00 PM
Aug 2019
Vindicater said:
tsukasa_hiragi said:

ummmm.....

What?

I think you mean, "NANI!" but being serious i dont know what i was talking about, i was drunk when i wrote these reviews
So basically I'm a weeb
Nov 2, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2016
uzee said:
SouthRzVa said:

Actually, despite how they are drawn, I'm pretty sure those dudes are under 25

Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case either. After all, despite his looks, Tsukasa is only 17 or so.
Nov 2, 2019 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
Sooooooooooooo damn goood

Nov 2, 2019 11:08 PM

Oct 2017
Gen and Senku's combination is just magnificent. They work so well together and having Gen on ur side is really helpful.
Nov 3, 2019 12:10 AM
Aug 2017
Haha that crazy, gen is awesome
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.