Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 3, 2019 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
Another exhilirating episode!
they've finally made the KATANA! HOW COOL!
Hyouga is already stronger than Magna, looks like Empire of Tsukasa is godlevel difficulty!
5/5.

Nov 3, 2019 4:02 AM

Jun 2015
Once again must an anime establish that a nihon-to is the ultimate weapon, conveniently disregarding the fact that any spear would slaughter their sword-wielding asses in a fight. Though that was somewhat represented here, thankfully.

They really should've gone for archaic guns or cannons by now, but then again they had three days so maybe it's justified to aim for more bladed weapons. With the tip of the spear broken it's up in the air how the rest of the fight (if it'll continue) will go, but even without a tip you could cause some serious damage at least.

Tsukasa's henchmen were really ridiculous, though. Apparently everyone unimportant is a steroid-pumped brainlet.
uh oh!
Nov 3, 2019 6:35 AM

Jun 2019
Kagaku no Yaiba.
LOL. 😂
Nov 3, 2019 10:13 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't like that twist that gets hidden from the viewer until after it happens because makes it feel that things are messed up and then conveniently fixed for the heroes.
"Miharu denki desu"
Nov 3, 2019 12:28 PM

May 2019
Hmm dunno but i think i preferred when we didn't have a villain
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Nov 3, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2012
Are they censoring or changing things from the manga? Kinro stabbed the guy with a spear on his nose and nothing happened to him, was it like that in the manga?
Nov 3, 2019 7:20 PM

Jun 2017
I like the cut-scenes where they are wearing Japanese kimonos paired with the Katana lol. An overall interesting episode, but a little disappointing that the enemy didn't suffer that much injuries considering the difference in firepower and that the enemy came to kill them.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 3, 2019 7:33 PM
Mar 2015
Katana + traitor = an early stage victory for the Kingdom of Science
Nov 3, 2019 7:33 PM

Feb 2015
Hyoga definitely looks like an intimidating guy, I think that he could be a professional lancer back in the modern era, or something similar, he has a technique that needed to be polished through experience.
Nov 4, 2019 5:19 AM
Nov 2019
No taiju for so many episodes
Nov 4, 2019 6:24 AM

Sep 2019
I forgot to say this for the last ep, but Fujiwara Keiji voices Senku's dad... and Father Shirou of Blue Exorcist, and best father Hughes. Man, this guy just makes the best fathers.

But damn, I think I'm more of a fan of this new "might vs smarts" conflict, a little better than than the "chemical creation"... but then again, that's just traditional storytelling with higher stakes, power, (Senku's) position, and the like.

But damn, old man; having the power(?) to get ripped when you're excited sounds... inconvenient (especially for the clothe makers). And I can't help but love Gen.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Nov 4, 2019 6:38 AM

Jul 2017
Tsukasa and his valiant army are here sooner than they think...but he's got a general, another villain by the name of Hyoga. With that, all hands on deck for the Stone Wars.

Gen is such a wildcard at this point of time, help ally help enemy? He sure can go both ways, but depicting his true nature as a mentalist.

So, katanas and a little kimono imagination work, and yet Hyoga's spear did an edge over them. Little did he know of Gen and Senku's combi attack. So an early victory for Senku and the Kingdom of Science.

What will Tsukasa's Kingdom of Power retaliate in return? Pretty excited for this arc.
Nov 4, 2019 5:08 PM
Nov 2017
After reading the Byakuya spin-off
Nov 4, 2019 5:28 PM
May 2018
The animation was a bit dodgy in some of the parts of this episode, I don't know what the budget was like but they certainly advertised Dr. Stone a lot. So I expected more, but in terms of getting me excited for the plot and the suspense etc. I am very very pleased.
Nov 4, 2019 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, the action never stops! Never thought they would attack so soon!
But Senku had a pretty good plan for the first time, wonder if he has any trick up his sleeve ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 5, 2019 1:47 AM

Jun 2013
This episode is why Gen is one of my favorites. It's frustrating when Senku is surrounded by idiots like Taiju but I'm reminded that he's also surrounded by brilliant minds like Gen.
臭い-
Nov 8, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
Gen is awesome. I hope he keeps getting this amount of screen time.
Nov 9, 2019 5:57 AM

Nov 2012
Like the look of this new character Hyoga :o :3
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 9, 2019 10:16 PM

Sep 2013
I like the concept of the story and the characters.
I don't like the lack of fluid animation and horrendous pacing of what is where.
Think its about time I just read the story.
Nov 9, 2019 11:50 PM

May 2018
Finally, another exciting event from this anime. I am excited to see Taiju and Yuzuriha again, ofcourse I want to see Ishigami village having a cellular phone because that would be great.

Nov 10, 2019 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
Enjoying so far but for some reason i find the quality fell off in this episode. The identical grunts across and just realize the most of the girls are near identical, be that they are related but the one Tsukasa revived also look like Kohaku and Ruri that i can't accept. Also the pacing seem more randomized too, doesn't give a good flow.
Nov 14, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2018
Thorckan said:
So senku crafted katana in 3 days, good episode with nice twistplots
The thing that bothers me is that Tsukasa said he wanted to resurrect only people who deserved it but whe only see some bad_guys.png and dark_sasuke.jpeg

I'm glad you brought this up since I was also thinking the same thing... I thought he only wants to resurrect the good people and not the ones that are bad/ power-hungry/ corrupt etc.
Nov 14, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
6AMDiary said:
Thorckan said:
So senku crafted katana in 3 days, good episode with nice twistplots
The thing that bothers me is that Tsukasa said he wanted to resurrect only people who deserved it but whe only see some bad_guys.png and dark_sasuke.jpeg

I'm glad you brought this up since I was also thinking the same thing... I thought he only wants to resurrect the good people and not the ones that are bad/ power-hungry/ corrupt etc.

Finally someone who got triggered by this wtf
Nov 15, 2019 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
Another op superhuman like Hyouga was the last thing the kingdom of science needed...

The swords were a cool surprise.

Next episode Tsukusa will finally learn that Senku is still alive!
Nov 17, 2019 1:09 AM

Mar 2008
Thorckan said:
6AMDiary said:

Finally someone who got triggered by this wtf

Just because it seems contradictory doesn't mean it isn't consistent. Basically it's an end justifies the means mindset it seems. He probably doesn't only want to bring back young people because he thinks they are good it's because they are more adaptable. He's selecting people mainly on athletic attributes since they are better suited for survival in a primative society.
Nov 17, 2019 5:37 AM
Oct 2019
They Have Japanese Katanas 🤘 Dr stone is awesome Ainme
Nov 18, 2019 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
That was pretty sick, and, like always, hype as fuck. But I hate the way everything is presented as so kitschy and over-the-top in a stereotypically anime way. I don't think there's any other media where these sort of combat advancements and analytics would be so thoroughly analyzed in-media while characters respond in the most exaggerated ways possible. Like Gen's face when he reveals his nature.

So, uh, I guess no one is going to die under Senkuu's watch, so how do they plan to restrain this gang of rugged men?

Takuto_Shindou said:
Will we ever leave this village and go back to the woods?
I got into the show because it wasn't another high school moes anime...and now it is, pre-historic high school with two twin annoying moes to boot.

I hate to say it for all that I'm enjoying of this series, but I agree with this sentiment. And I kinda miss Taiju and Yuzuriha.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 24, 2019 1:56 AM

Jan 2011
Water-sama said:
I liked Dr Stone but this Episode is making me consider dropping it. Way too many things don't make sense.

The guy supposed to have bad vision while he was wearing no glasses. But its night time and he can spot people in hiding bushes that are kinda far. He begins to fight with one of them, he hits him with the dull edge of the spear instead cutting the guy to inflict real damage. The guy could easily get up and still have a chance to beat the hell out of him but no, character chooses to hit him with the stick part. Gets stabbed on the bridge, He goes off, but then holds onto this dude's leg. The guy had waay more than enough time to stab him again.

Somehow Tsukasa's army didn't notice Gen the Spy helping helping the Village against them when Gen was standing directly next to the end of the bridge. He even did a hand signal for Magma to throw a big ass rock. Then Gen runs back to his former mates and pretend like he's with Tsukasa's army again.

Uh.......

Gen is a mentalist so he is able to bullshit his way into people believing him.

Also despite Kirno's poor eyesight it is pretty easy to fight what is in front of you. Keep in mind they're near sighted, not totally blind.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 24, 2019 7:25 PM

Jan 2019
MasterHavik said:
Water-sama said:
I liked Dr Stone but this Episode is making me consider dropping it. Way too many things don't make sense.

The guy supposed to have bad vision while he was wearing no glasses. But its night time and he can spot people in hiding bushes that are kinda far. He begins to fight with one of them, he hits him with the dull edge of the spear instead cutting the guy to inflict real damage. The guy could easily get up and still have a chance to beat the hell out of him but no, character chooses to hit him with the stick part. Gets stabbed on the bridge, He goes off, but then holds onto this dude's leg. The guy had waay more than enough time to stab him again.

Somehow Tsukasa's army didn't notice Gen the Spy helping helping the Village against them when Gen was standing directly next to the end of the bridge. He even did a hand signal for Magma to throw a big ass rock. Then Gen runs back to his former mates and pretend like he's with Tsukasa's army again.

Uh.......

Also despite Kirno's poor eyesight it is pretty easy to fight what is in front of you. Keep in mind they're near sighted, not totally blind.

Kinro's is near sighted, he cannot see far off into trees and bushes at night time and be able to tell that there are enemies hiding
Gen literally stood in front of them and did a hand signal to shoot that, even the people near the other side of the bridge could see. How are you still defending this? What part of spy on the enemy means to help them potentially kill them/give them fear ?
Nov 24, 2019 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
Water-sama said:
MasterHavik said:
Uh.......

Kinro's is near sighted, he cannot see far off into trees and bushes at night time and be able to tell that there are enemies hiding
Gen literally stood in front of them and did a hand signal to shoot that, even the people near the other side of the bridge could see. How are you still defending this? What part of spy on the enemy means to help them potentially kill them/give them fear ?
Once again he is able to notice he is outnumber because he most likely heard footstep and sense they weren't alone.

Also Gen at the time was still trusted so they wouldn't think about that. It makes sense as he steps in jsut as things were about to get bad.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 27, 2019 1:44 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I love how the science kingdom is just bullying the Tsukasa empire at this point, I mean, at least until Tsukasa steps down to the fight himself. I feel like he's the type of man that won't be brought down with a single bullet, and seeing how this is an Anime, and exaggerated medium, a machine gun round would probably suffice.
Nov 28, 2019 10:08 AM

Oct 2013
Stone Wars Arc finally begun! :) I had a little break from this anime, so it's good to return to if by watching the first episode of a new arc.

It was a good episode. I read some negative opinions on the Internet about how bad was the animation used during fight scenes. Main argument was that it looked like slideshows.

To me it didn't look like that. Sure, it was not the level of sasuga epic animated battles or such, but it fit the general quality of Dr. Stone and looked fine, especially when Hyoga used his spear.

I'm also glad that a lot of anime-only viewers started to like a lot Gen. He is indeed one of the best characters in Dr. Stone. :)
AdnashNov 28, 2019 10:29 AM
Nov 29, 2019 1:26 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode....
Dec 13, 2019 4:54 AM

Aug 2017
Better than the last episode. Hyoga seems like a tough opponent. Also, Tsukasa steps down to the fight himself.

:D

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 13, 2019 6:21 AM
Jan 2018
Everytime I see a katana . It makes me want to play sekiro even more
Dec 19, 2019 10:04 AM
Jun 2012
So that Tsukasa fcktard keep rambling about tainted adults but revived lots of muscleheaded "adults" for his army? Seriously how stupid and shallow is this villain?
Dec 19, 2019 5:15 PM
Jun 2017
Well, that escalated quickly.
Dec 23, 2019 9:27 PM

Mar 2015
Hyogo looks formidable, but thanks to Gen's loyalty to the kingdom of science, he's hopefully undone in this bout!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 24, 2019 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
I don't get why they acted like Kinro falling would make him die. When they did the tournament a ton of people fell off and were completely fine. Unless that was on a different island with a different height? Or maybe it was just because they thought the cut would somehow make Kinro die in the water? Not very well established either way and weird.
observing a woman's body
Jan 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Jun 2017
...why the f*** did they only remove their weapons and not kill them or atleast take them hostage??!! they are the f***ing enemy and they wanted to kill you. just because you are the "good guys" doesnt mean you shouldnt have a f***ing brain and know when you have no choice but to do ugly work to survive. i always get pissed off when such s*** happens. "they kill us but we only destroy weapons. we no hurt!" is so facepalm worthy...
Mar 20, 2020 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
Hyoga is super strong!
Mar 26, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2016
That gun bluff couldn't have been more obvious lol

Megane and katanas - the inventions just keep on coming.
Jun 13, 2020 12:50 AM

Sep 2017
I hope they just kill the spearman already
خ
Jun 16, 2020 8:46 PM

Aug 2018
damn i didnt expect gen to destroy hyoga's spear like that. that was smart

Jun 17, 2020 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
For someone who has a deep irrational hatred towards adults, Tsukasa sure did picked the most middle-aged-looking ugliest motherfuckers out there to revive lol. Besides, why are they loyal to him even? Dude is a psychopath.
Oct 22, 2020 4:22 AM

Jul 2020
Tsukasa is such a cheat, he said he’ll just gonna revive youngsters but his henchman were all bunch of grown ups in their 30’s lmao.
SoraaaxiiOct 22, 2020 6:18 AM
Dec 9, 2020 8:13 AM

May 2015
Tsukasa revived brain-dead muscleheads. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2021 5:24 AM

Oct 2016
There's definitely a lot of better weapons out there than the katana, but hey who cares it looks cool as fuck lmao.

For someone who only wants to revive the good youth, Tsukasa revived some ugly ass old looking mofos.

Hell yeah, Gen has finally fully transitioned to the kingdom of science.
Feb 22, 2021 11:08 PM

Jan 2021
My god Gen!! You son of a sneaky bastard😎! You really saved the day but I still can't shake off my fear of what would have happened to Kohaku if the tip of Kudayari would have broken off just a few secs later than it did in this episode..😰.

Also we get some more sword building science to top it off, but where ya both at, Taizu and Yuzuriha?? Now that the war is officially declared, maybe its time for them to come out and maybe share information during their stay as spies..

Mar 1, 2021 11:56 PM

Jul 2010
Picking this back up, Tsukasa just revived a bunch of meatheads lol. Good call making Katanas but at some point they have to get rid of the enemy otherwise they are just going to keep coming back. Good episode though.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.