Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 12, 2019 6:33 PM
(─‿‿─)

No, I don't hate my parents. they've always been incredible, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. They're understanding, supportive, and encouraging.

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect
you can be good.”

-John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Nov 12, 2019 8:22 PM

Nope. As others have said, my parents have always been incredible and I can't be grateful enough for everything they've done for me. If I ever have kids, I can only hope to do the same for them. Which reminds me that I should work on my cooking, because my parents would REKK me in a cooking contest, even though I'm not that bad, I think.

Kled11 said:
A fathers dream is to see his son become a gigachad.
I can't even...
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Nov 12, 2019 8:24 PM

No, I don't hate either of them. I am much closer with my Dad though. My Mom I don't quite trust because of our past.

Sounds gay. I'm in!

I f*ucking hate optimism.

Nov 13, 2019 4:14 AM

Ι have a lot of conflicts with them and I don't really get along. It's like we live in completely different worlds. Sometimes I wonder how is possible for us to be so different since they were the ones who raised me. But overall I don't know if that necessarily means I hate them.We have very good moments too. I'm really close with my family but really distant at the same time. It's weird....

Nov 14, 2019 7:41 PM

My parents never invited me to their wedding. I'm so upset.

Nov 19, 2019 7:57 AM
Katō blessing

i love my mother, i like my father.
but i promise myself that i won't be like my father

Nov 19, 2019 8:14 AM
Absolutely not, I'm surprised that parents don't hate me given how much of a pain in the ass I can be sometimes.
But no, I love them both to death, and I let them know that.

Nov 21, 2019 8:00 PM

Nah. I love both of em. For precisely the following rational rationale.
Kosmonaut said:
Yarub said:
Woah. Alot of dad haters around this thread.
Don't you know all sex deviants have daddy issues? It's undeniable, it's science.

Want to work that over? You can call me "el papi grande." ;)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but it's probably going to involve frogs. I freakin' hate those things."
- Albert Einstein

Nov 21, 2019 8:15 PM

Not at all. I had some animosity towards my father during my teenage years but all of that has been patched up since.

Nov 21, 2019 9:11 PM

Not ‘hate’ by any means but we’ve our differences, that’s all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 22, 2019 2:11 AM
Arararagi-san

My mother and I don't really get along, and she's not a very fun person to talk to either, but I don't hate her. I don't really have any kind of relationship with my dad so no comment there.

Nov 22, 2019 2:32 AM

Father, yes. Mother, no. He's always been a bit of an ass.

Nov 22, 2019 3:35 AM

For a long time, I resented my parents. Especially in my youth and well into my young adult life. They were absent for much of my growing pains, and I don't have many fond memories with them. My relationship with them has always been one of only a few words.

Since maturing a bit and being able to grow beyond that, as well as learning to forgive & accept them for who they are, have I mended and rekindled my relationship with them. I love them both very much, and I admire them for all that they've put themselves through. It is now that I am trying to create precious memories with them, before it is too late.

Nov 22, 2019 3:45 AM

My parents always tried their hardest to raise me, and while they did make a few fundamental mistakes (such as not teaching me a proper work ethic), I love them for all that they've done right. I couldn't hate them if I wanted to. They were good parents and I can keep counting on their support, which I thankfully don't need anymore.

Nov 22, 2019 4:02 AM

I love my mother. I haven't seen my dad in like 10 years, but I don't resent him anymore like I used to.

Nov 22, 2019 5:14 AM
I love my mother he is supportive

but my father is ok but it's awkward for him to talk because he works abroad so I talk to him a little but he was a good father (while I'm his failure son (he doesn't look at me that way but how I looked it to my self))

Nov 22, 2019 5:15 AM

Nope, not at all. They've done so much so that I can live my well-off lifestyle.

Nov 22, 2019 5:23 AM

I like my mom. I despise my dad.

For good reasons.

Nov 22, 2019 7:54 AM

So many dad haters on MAL... I'm the opposite. I think I get a bit better along with my dad than my mom, just because our personalities are more alike. However, I love both of my parents.
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani

Nov 22, 2019 8:31 AM

Looking back on this thread, there really are a lot more people who hate their dad than I imagined, toxic masculinity and stuff.

@NthDegree Don't you think that it's a bit rude to call the people in this thread "haters" as if it's some irrational hatred and not grounded in actual mistreatment?

Let my blood taint your dreams!
Let the Grail be cursed!
Let the wish it grants bring disaster!
And when you fall into the pits of hell...
Remember the rage of Diarmuid!

Nov 22, 2019 10:36 AM

My parents are boomers but I am somehow lucky in that they love and care for me and would do anything for me
I feel for people who have bad parents though.

Nov 22, 2019 10:46 AM

I never really had any care while growing up, and it was extremely violent and traumatic, but with my parents separated as I grew up, as much as I hated that fact, it was for the better.
My dad still uses violent tones, but he's not as bad or unaware as he used to be and attempts to comfort me sometimes, even if he doesn't understand something he told me about myself.
And my mother which I don't see that often has become "lovely", as in she feeds me genuine food, and in return, I help her out with everything for entire days with no reward apart from a dinner, which I do not mind at all doing.
It is simple, but simple things can be the nicest.

And hating someone is just out of your own rejection of them. It's a strong word that I wouldn't associate with anyone unless they leave life-threatening physical injuries. Anything else, and it's pretty much bog-standard in society and shouldn't be complained all that much about. Your parents are people, and sometimes you just don't get along with those certain people. If they're not bullying you and just scolding you for your actions, then that's not a problem at all and is actually expected of good parenting to make their children grow up doing the right things.
Parents forcing their children into doing things, however, is very uncommon, yet people overdramatise it and act as if their parents are not just giving their opinion of what they should do, but rather what they have to do. They just want the better picture and will be disappointed if you decline university or do not get a high-class job, for example. I don't think they will literally try to kill you if you choose not to, but yet again, you are choosing an option that might not get you far in life.

ねえねえ わかんないや この先もずっと
わかりあえるまで僕たちは
今更なんて 言わないでね

Nov 22, 2019 10:52 AM

I love my parents. Only one I hate with passion are my biological dad who ditched the family in foreign country after impregnating some young girl.

Nov 22, 2019 11:10 AM

I hated my parents when I was in high school but as I got older that changed even tho I still have some issues with my mother (my dad described us as a dog and cat fighting) but that's just because our personalities are complete opposites, However things are better than they were even if we will never see eye to eye.

Nov 22, 2019 3:04 PM

Freshell said:
Kosmonaut said:
Don't you know all sex deviants have daddy issues? It's undeniable, it's science.

If you keep baiting me, I'll bite, Fresh-kun.

Nov 22, 2019 5:06 PM

I feel like we're trained to say we have to love our blood relatives, even from people who were abused verbally and physically, we're told that we HAVE to love them.

I don't hate my parents, but maybe a parent slightly. My dad is amazing, we have all the same hobbies and he's incredibly inspirational to me. But on the other hand, my mother single-handedly f**ed me up.

As someone who deals with severe mental illness, that has led to countless physical issues... which is the direct causation of my treatment during childhood by my mother... I would have to say I do have an issue with her.
Modified by SudzyLoser, Nov 22, 2019 5:11 PM

Nov 22, 2019 5:08 PM

Yarub said:
Woah. Alot of dad haters around this thread.

I don't hate them. I like them actually. They're not particularly supportive but that's just regular old parenting. So yeah, nothing interesting of any sort.

Where do I go if I'm a mom hater? Is there a mommy issues thread xd

Nov 22, 2019 7:35 PM

Kosmonaut said:
Freshell said:

If you keep baiting me, I'll bite, Fresh-kun.

Doesn't your own analogy imply that if you so decide to bite, I'll next pull you out of your comfort zone and make you vulnerable in my arms? From there it's up to me whether I heat you up and devour you whole.
I try to control myself, but you make this too easy, sir Kosmo!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but it's probably going to involve frogs. I freakin' hate those things."
- Albert Einstein

Nov 22, 2019 11:11 PM

it may seem petulant but their behavior is directly and indirectly responsible for a lot of my problems overtime that have developed mentally, it's very complicated bc my mother is evidently abusive and delusional, unaware of the fact that her behavior hurts people except herself, she is a classic narcissist and responsibility shirker, but this is all evidently a result of her own longtime? mental illness of sorts

still someone like my mother, and hell even my father, should've never had kids. theyre not fit to be parents and 20+ years of them has made me realize that.

they think I’m evil,
but lucifer is not my name

Dec 8, 2019 9:37 AM

MySweetLucifer said:
Luchse said:
I'm on great terms with my mother but I absolutely despise the whole existence that my father represents... He ruined my childhood and now he's trying to act as if nothing happened. The amount of violence he radiated was absurd but nowadays he's as silent as one can be because now I'm grown-up. Him being such a coward put an end to him taking any actions.

For all I care he should rot in hell for being such a lowly being!

I don't want to sound disrespectful. But is your hate against your father the reason you became homosexual? It's not a joke and I don't mean it hateful. I'm absolutely interested in the developement of sexuality through our experiences in life. I for example turned from kinda bisexual to full-homosexual because of a massive Trauma and other mental issues. What do you think/believe? Could this also be the case for you?

So when it comes to me. I hate both of my parents. My mother and my father never accepted me and as I had my mental downfall because of all the shit that happened to me they said to me that they were ashamed about my very existence. They always left me when I needed them most. I never will be able to forgive them.
No offense taken, you can ask whatever troubles you. Contrary to the popular belief I am not gay, at least not for the real life individuals unless they are Asian twinks khm khm. 2D world is where it's at for me. I ooze this aura of homosexuality with both my forum actions and forum sets so it's not really hard to spot why people think of me in this way. Let us say that I'm into girls but homosexual tendencies strike me quite often.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”

Dec 8, 2019 9:56 AM

Well,i can't really hate my parents,because i always know they have the best intentions,but let's just say it´s very clear at times that they have no idea how to raise a child .Sometimes my mum will be the most supportive person in the world,and other times she will say something that i don´t really agree with,so i just get really confused about what part of me i should show her.About my dad,well i don´t even know if we have a relationship,it´s just that there´s lots of things that he believes in that i don´t agree on so i don´t really know how to feel about him.

Dec 8, 2019 1:33 PM

My parents have been pretty good to me, about as good as I could realistically ask for. I could never hate them.

Dec 9, 2019 3:14 AM
Whatever

I would say I'm pretty much over the hatred for my father. He abused my sister and me as kids and then a lot of stuff in the family happened. I didn't say "I stop now to hate him", that's just the way it is. I know the hatred won't give me anything back, but I didn't decide to stop that on my own. It just hapened over time and now I'm pretty inifferent towards him. To begin with, I don't even know, if he's still alive or not and couldn't care less, no joke.

For my mother, she's in some ways a mental and emotional wrack but never wanted to getting help. So she doesn't recognize herself that she's projecting much shit on others, which let me feel more miserable. Tho I kinda love her. It's way better as an adult, if I only visit her once every two weeks or so, since I don't need that shit daily.

Bunille said:
and hating someone is just out of your own rejection of them. It's a strong word that I wouldn't associate with anyone unless they leave life-threatening physical injuries. Anything else, and it's pretty much bog-standard in society and shouldn't be complained all that much about. Your parents are people, and sometimes you just don't get along with those certain people. If they're not bullying you and just scolding you for your actions, then that's not a problem at all and is actually expected of good parenting to make their children grow up doing the right things.
Parents forcing their children into doing things, however, is very uncommon, yet people overdramatise it and act as if their parents are not just giving their opinion of what they should do, but rather what they have to do. They just want the better picture and will be disappointed if you decline university or do not get a high-class job, for example. I don't think they will literally try to kill you if you choose not to, but yet again, you are choosing an option that might not get you far in life.

That's pretty superficial, dear. You don't know what happened to people.
Modified by Maneki-Mew, Dec 9, 2019 3:27 AM

Dec 9, 2019 4:32 AM

@Maneki-Mew Likewise, I’ve been through an immense lot. I’m just saying that many people overreact when they’re young and act as if their parents are the sin of the earth instead of trying to grow and become a better person themselves. Please note I’m using the word “many” and not “all”. In majority of cases, it is as simple as that. Kids and teens are lectured for wrongdoings, which become more lenient as they grow up, and that’s because people learn. If everyone had horrible parents I don’t think that would even make sense... that’s as if saying everyone on the entire planet who exists is vicious. That must mean we all are, too. Although, I know many families who are kind and have edgy children, so that’s confusing.
(“You” is a general term I’m using here, I’m not specifically speaking to anyone.) If you think trauma can overtake you, then you must be some weakling, because you’d literally be acting edgy for clout. Thinking that your parents hate you when you’re the one that hates them is different. It’s common, trust me.
I haven’t ever needed an other person to help what I should learn to help myself. It is nice, but not necessary or required.
It’s not that simple, but yet again, it’s manageable and you won’t see me complaining on how much I loathe my father who is with me every single day: because it’s the public, and why does mentioning it matter anyway apart from gathering sympathy from complete strangers? I still care for him... because I’m forgiving?

And I literally mentioned that there are people with life-threatening trauma and injuries out there - which are manageable, but not treatable. It’s sad how they’re put in the same boat as someone who was immature and rude as a child that got told off for doing so. They’re entirely different matters on a different scale.

ねえねえ わかんないや この先もずっと
わかりあえるまで僕たちは
今更なんて 言わないでね

Pages (2) « 1 [2]