Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2019 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Do you hate your parents or don't get along with them?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2019 9:39 AM

Mar 2018
I'm on great terms with my mother but I absolutely despise the whole existence that my father represents... He ruined my childhood and now he's trying to act as if nothing happened. The amount of violence he radiated was absurd but nowadays he's as silent as one can be because now I'm grown-up. Him being such a coward put an end to him taking any actions.

For all I care he should rot in hell for being such a lowly being!

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 31, 2019 9:41 AM
May 2016
I hate my parents. but maybe they are relatively good. I don't know.
Oct 31, 2019 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
I always loved my mother, even when I thought I hated her, she was such a sweet wholesome human being.

I don't hate my father, I abhor him, there's a bit of difference there.
Oct 31, 2019 10:41 AM

Oct 2015
I love my mother, she's a great and highly intelligent person. Much more calm and collected than I am, her words always full of wisdom but never preachy.

Oh, my dad? He's a self-important asshole and the personification of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Always angry, verbally abusive and is particularly bad at holding himself to the same standard he judges other people for. Glad I'm not living there anymore.
Oct 31, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2018
I don't hate my parents per say but there are some things that I definitely don't like about their personality that can be annoying at times
Oct 31, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
Woah. Alot of dad haters around this thread.

I don't hate them. I like them actually. They're not particularly supportive but that's just regular old parenting. So yeah, nothing interesting of any sort.
Oct 31, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2016
I by no means dislike them and I'm thankful they're not bad parents, but...

We're not very compatible people, you my say.

Like, for me, they will always be my parents, but they'll never be close friends.
HyperLOct 31, 2019 12:00 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 31, 2019 12:04 PM
Jan 2017
I don't hate anyone. With that being said I love my mom. She's my hero my dad is abusive and has anger problems I don't hate him at all I forgive him just hard to be around at times.
Oct 31, 2019 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
They have their quirks that make them insufferable sometimes, but I would say they did a decent job at raising me and my siblings.
Oct 31, 2019 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
I love both my parents, they have been very supportive thoughout my entire life, even when I was a moody teenager at times. They have been the best people that I could have possibly imagined for myself, and I am very grateful for them every day.
Oct 31, 2019 12:21 PM

Jun 2014
My mother and I don't get along at all, and we can only tolerate each other in small doses.

I've never had a father, so I can't really comment on that.

Oct 31, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
I see people have problems with a tyrannical father, unsurprisingly.
I have my own issues with one as well, but my mom is alright, I guess.
I don't have a strong family relationship.

I can see you

Oct 31, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2018
I don't hate them, I'm not very close with them though. They have their flaws but they also have admirable traits.
<Insert clever quote>
Oct 31, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2014
I don't give that much of a crap about my dad but I love my mom.
Oct 31, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Not at all. My mother is one of my absolute favourite people and I'm extremely grateful for the amount she's sacrificed for my brother and I, especially since she'd had to raise and take care of us on her own since I was 11
Take care of yourself

Oct 31, 2019 2:10 PM

Mar 2018
Yarub said:
Believe me you'd hate mine as well if he were yours.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 31, 2019 2:17 PM

Feb 2019
Yarub said:
Don't you know all sex deviants have daddy issues? It's undeniable, it's science.
Oct 31, 2019 2:22 PM
Aug 2016
No. I love my parents. I'm on good terms with them, especially with my mom. I could never hate them.
Oct 31, 2019 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I love both of my parents to death.
Oct 31, 2019 7:32 PM

Sep 2016
There was a time I thought I hated them. That was when I was in my hormonal teen years. They are cool people now
Oct 31, 2019 7:48 PM

Jun 2019
Heh I think they are decent human beings. Did they got some things wrong? Ya sure, but everyone does. That doesn't mean I forgive everything -> I just appreciate the effort they put in.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Nov 5, 2019 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
I love my parents, but I hate it when they scolded me for small reasons, especially my father because his voice is so loud that our next door neighbor can hear it. It's very embarrassing for me.
Nov 5, 2019 6:53 AM

Sep 2014
No, I love them both and am really happy to call them "my parents". I would say I'm much more closer with my mother since she was the only parent I had around me during my childhood while my father was helping us financially while travelling around the world due to his job so I barely had the chance to see him back then. I have no issues with him though since our common interests bring us closer and he has helped me with various stuff too. They are totally insufferable though when I'm bickering with them or with each other.
Nov 5, 2019 7:06 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty sensitive topic as my parents had crashed with a surprise visit this weekend and, honestly, left my lazy ass wanting to go to work.

I get amazingly well along with my dad, but my mom? We have super clashing personalities. I'm a non-confrontational, quiet-spoken and overall chill person. She is...Very temperamental, a neurotic person that tends to scream and hit things, especially when she doesn't have her way. She never apologizes for that either - like, on Saturday she spent 2 hours having an adult tantrum over the weather being shit, so she can't see landmarks she wanted to see. Next 6 hours were spent complaining, talking shit and belittling me. Main cause? GPS didn't work, because London on weekends is super crowded and signal doesn't always get through. I've got a lecture on how dare I, living in London, not have a paper map. Don't get me started...

She doesn't see how her behaviour is the reason I grew up to be socially awkward, developed severe depression, eating disorders and turned out to be incredibly anxious. She tends to shit talk me a lot, and then genuinely doesn't understand why I get hurt/annoyed/don't want to be around her anymore. My mom is..Incredibly toxic, and she doesn't understand that.

I don't think it's her fault nor I blame her for fucking me up mentally - I have a ground to believe she's this way because she's pretty fucked up mentally herself, by no one else but her own family. That side of the family is generally unpleasant and toxic, and my mom it's the first person to break out from it fully - yet, she doesn't blend in with my dad's side well enough either. It's... Just a clusterfuck and I've been birthed into it.

I do love my mom, but I have never once regretted moving out to a different country the moment I've graduated school. Seeing her twice a year is more than enough for my mental state.
Nov 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Dec 2010
I don't hate them but occasionally they make do things against my will or put words into my mouth and that always make 'hate' them or rather pissed off at them. But it goes off after a while. Or when the stress from work gets to them and they would just yell at me for whatever reason I would 'hate' them, but I try to tell myself that its just the stress and they were not in their right mind. I am still proud to call them my parents.
Nov 5, 2019 8:34 AM

Jan 2016
I don't hate either of my parents. They're wonderful people and did a good job raising my brother and me.
Nov 5, 2019 8:47 AM

Sep 2018
I love them, without them I would be nothing! I feel very lucky I have such nice parents! They take care of me and also gave me the freedom I needed in order to be independed and successful in my life!
Nov 5, 2019 8:57 AM

Feb 2018
When I was a teenager, of course. But as an adult, it's the opposite.
Nov 5, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2019
Yeah. Why won't they let me do normal teenage shit 😩😜
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2019 10:38 AM
Feb 2017
I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. It took me several years to undo the societal brainwash that they had forced upon me as a child and adolescent, and I don't think I can forgive them for that.
Nov 5, 2019 3:50 PM

Mar 2019
I used to love my mom more than dad all the time, actually I disliked my dad very much, by 2017, some events had occurred and my mom's personality has changed into much worse. The gap between us increased and I reached the point of having conflict feelings regarding my parents - yet I was still loving them and appreciating their efforts to me, can't deny .. I loved them so much -.

But after I was accepted in a scholarship to travel and study aboard, being like a pray in a bunch of predators while being completely lonely and no one will pat an eye to take care of you, my parents, didn't leave me and helped me financially and motivated me many times, they spent hours daily talking to me just to make me feel better, I have to say that after I left them, I'm certain now that no one will ever love me like my parents. No matter how different is our personalities, I'll still respect them and love them till I die, and one day I'll return back their favor, by taking care of them once I become a proper adult.
Nov 5, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2019
My mom is my best friend. I haven't talked to my dad in 6-7 years. I don't hate him tho, I just don't want anything to do with him.
Nov 5, 2019 5:45 PM

Jan 2017
i dislike my parents, but i love them. i’ve learned not to rely on them so much early on in life. i do feel that the emotional side of me has been affected because of this however.
Nov 5, 2019 6:16 PM

Nov 2010
My mom is just as childish as me so we bicker sometimes but still get along very well~
My real dad had no interest in me so I have no interest in him, I don't hate him as an adult.
My step father was lowkey abusive, I do hate him a good amount bc he's still trying to mess with my saint of a mother.
Nov 5, 2019 6:26 PM

Jun 2015
"hate" is a strong word that i dont like to use, but i bare no sympathy whatsoever towards my mother

i do think i get along with my father pretty well

this is heavy question i wouldnt have expected to see here, lmao

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Nov 7, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2014
They're my best friends. It was a little harder when I was younger, but I talk to them every day now.
Nov 10, 2019 6:44 AM

May 2016
I love my mother. I don't feel nothing towards my father tbh He stopped visiting me when I was 4, and while I was hurt and angry at first, I realised it wasn't worth it. You can't hate someone if they weren't even there xd
Nov 10, 2019 2:48 PM

Oct 2014
I love my parents. My mother is always friendly and trying her best and my father had some issues but always cared for me and my siblings. When I moved out he sometimes would visit randomly and just give me things like a microwave, a pan and even a new vacuum cleaner when mine suddenly stopped working. I miss him
Nov 10, 2019 4:31 PM

Jun 2016
I have no problems with my parents. I think I'm at an age now where I find it hard for someone to truly hate their parent(s) unless they were abused. Sadly the word 'abuse' is to over-saturated these days; like nazi or toxic. I don't mean being yelled at or spanked once or twice I mean actual abuse that's uncalled for. I'm sure you've all heard your parents tell you this before "You won't understand until you have kids of your own". I don't have kids and I still have no idea how my parents do it. Having someone on the grid you have to take care of while in your mid twenties seems like some scary shit. Respect to all the amazing Mothers & Fathers out there! <3
Nov 10, 2019 5:26 PM

Mar 2008
I am not sure about hate but i don't really like them. They are harmful to me each in their own way.
Nov 10, 2019 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
I love my mom but she can be a headache sometimes, I don't like talking about my father because then I get angry thinking about him.
Nov 10, 2019 6:04 PM
May 2018
Not at all.

Like any other family, we had some problems in our life, but for me, they are some of the very few people in this world that I really love, and trust.

They did so much for me.

I am just glad I am able to help them at least financially in their old age together with my sisters, although I hate the fact we siblings were forced to leave them to go to another country because of the work.

Rare times when we are able to visit them, and our old house are something I wouldn't change for all the wealth of this world.
Nov 10, 2019 6:22 PM
Nov 2016
This thread reeks of daddy problems.
My parents were always good to me, and even when they weren't, it always looped around to what was in my best interest.

Nov 10, 2019 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
I think everyone on the globe has a love-hate relationship with their parents. People that say otherwise are delusional. All people on the face of the Earth can be both liked and hated.
Nov 11, 2019 5:29 PM

Aug 2009
Love my mom, but she is deceased now. Never met my father.So I can't hate someone I never met. Never had any kind of dad growing up.
Nov 12, 2019 7:56 AM

Aug 2016
my parents are okay. i got my stubbornness and hot-headedness from my mother, while i got my quiet and considerable side from my father. my mother is really frank and if she believes in something, she will go all the way. while my dad is just lazy and such he still cares a lot and is rather insecure in some areas but doesn't show it but still what my mom says "one of the best dads you can have"

it's normal, as said, to both have love-hate relationships w your parents bc of course there will be problems when you are born in different generations and who you grew up to look up to
Nov 12, 2019 12:16 PM

Aug 2018
A fathers dream is to see his son become a gigachad. When they see their son becoming the stereotypical MAL:er, no wonder he treats you bad
Nov 12, 2019 6:33 PM

Feb 2019
No, I don't hate my parents. they've always been incredible, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. They're understanding, supportive, and encouraging.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Nov 12, 2019 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
Nope. As others have said, my parents have always been incredible and I can't be grateful enough for everything they've done for me. If I ever have kids, I can only hope to do the same for them. Which reminds me that I should work on my cooking, because my parents would REKK me in a cooking contest, even though I'm not that bad, I think.

Kled11 said:
A fathers dream is to see his son become a gigachad.
I can't even...
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 41 minutes ago

7 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by cody »»
10 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

5 by cody »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
32 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.