Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the school Melida is attending is having an event with another school.

As I expected, Vampir is there to support her when she needs it the most. Dunno how I feel about Elise at this point...she just feels so distant compared to the other cast. At least we got to see some of Melida and her past.

Stark700Oct 31, 2019 8:03 AM
Oct 31, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Melida is quite brave, taking down that monster as a child.

I guess that Melida will be picked but I didn't expect Elise to be picked as well.

Oct 31, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
I was enjoying the fight between Kufa and black Madia, too bad it was cut short.

Othello is one devious obachan, big ups to Kufa for busting her.

The lack of bust is real on this show, everyone is as flat as a this screen I'm looking at. I swear some of them must be boys in disguise, shit, I've never seen such flat chests in anime history. The illustrator must've been allergic to boobs, or something traumatic related to boobs occurred in his life.
lihle808Oct 31, 2019 9:10 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 31, 2019 9:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Othello really betrayed herself, I feel bad for Melida, she don't deserve that.
Elise is going to lose intentionally I guess.
Oct 31, 2019 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
lihle808 said:
I was enjoying the fight between Kufa and black Madia, too bad it was cut short.

Othello is one devious obachan, big ups to Kufa for busting her.

The lack of bust is real on this show, everyone is as flat as a this screen I'm looking at. I swear some of them must be boys in disguise, shit, I've never seen such flat chests in anime history. The illustrator must've been allergic to boobs, or something traumatic related to boobs occurred in his life.

ROFLMAO, I was about to say the same thing. Like honestly, a balanced mixture of justice and plot should work well, right?? Like, this show is now basically showing two cases of flatness, both in character chest size and story xDD
Oct 31, 2019 10:03 AM

Mar 2019
Fine episode, the fight between Kufa and black Madia looked good
Idk if Elise will lose on purpose or if she will fight anyway
Oct 31, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
So far I love everything about this show, the premise, the characters, the art style for the world they inhabit, the magic system and the way the characters use it, I just like it all immensely.

I'm not sure what Kufar's motivations are for pushing Melida. He's obviously interested in her talent and believes she may have the potential to acquire the 'Paladin' status, but there's something more. There has been the mention of "whether she's the one" a couple of times. He's providing Melida with emotional support as well and with the closeness between them he acts more like a lover than a teacher sometimes.

He acts in a very deliberate and calculated manner, so I'm pretty sure he's aware that by providing Melida with such close emotional support and encouragement, she's going to develop romantic feelings for him. Is he trying to create bonds between them and deliberately causing her to fall for him, so he'll be able to control or direct her if and when her talent to be a distinguished warrior appears? Or is he truly falling for her as well, I can't tell, maybe he can't either and it's a bit of both. It's an interesting dynamic that I'm looking forward to watching evolve.
Oct 31, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
So in case people didn't know, since they decided to take 4 episodes to even bring it up, there are stats and classes like a RPG game in this. Not that the actual numbers will ever really be relevant though.

Also, Rosetti's bust size totally went up a letter in her sleep attire. Hmm.

Oct 31, 2019 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
Paul said:
So in case people didn't know, since they decided to take 4 episodes to even bring it up, there are stats and classes like a RPG game in this. Not that the actual numbers will ever really be relevant though.

And it seems the name of Rosetti's class is Maiden, not Dancer. Honestly I like the "wrong translation" better.
Oct 31, 2019 11:58 AM
Jan 2016
Seems an event with other school will start soon!

Didn't expect that Melida and Elli would be both picked up to fight against each other!

The black hair girl that appeared in front of Melida was suspictious, and she really looks like Vampyr!

Seems Elli thinks that Melida have no chance of winning and she is planning to lose on purpose, curious to see if they will realy fight!

Vampir fight with that clown class was interesting, and seems he can copy all other classes!
Oct 31, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2018
Clown huh
Seems broken. I mean.. It literally is xd
Although these classes are kind of self explanatory.. I kind of wish they would explain it in some way... It seems like weapons are restricted to classes and techniques they learn too.. Then again, how do you even learn techniques? Can you learn anything you want or are you "born" with them?
The clown itself is still pretty mysterious too

And honestly, the whole Angel-drama doesn't really interest me that much. But I feel like thanks to that a certain gap between Angel - Vampir is created and makes Vampir's side all the more epic

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 31, 2019 12:23 PM

Apr 2017

???????

????????????????
Oct 31, 2019 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
Surprise announcement of the girls as their schools representatives is very Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!
Oct 31, 2019 1:24 PM

Jan 2019
Another enjoyable episode. The way this anime flows is very calm, oozing of "good" (in terms of good and evil).
Oct 31, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2016
Not gonna lie, the way that the "clown" used to communicate was so cool! Satisfyingly so!

Good episode overall, they let the whole thing with the maid changing the glass to easily but the episode overall was enjoyable.
Oct 31, 2019 1:58 PM
Jul 2019
Ok so if that Ohtello Hag did rigged that stain glass would Kufu and Prick could've reported it so that the selection would have been declared null and void????
Oct 31, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2013
Kuro_Neko04 said:

???????

????????????????

She must be hiding them with magic, in order to not get bullied for big tits. -_-
Oct 31, 2019 2:22 PM

Apr 2015
She's been hiding them bad boys... Could we please have more of this? Need some more curves!

Black paper girl definitely has an interesting way of talking, also she seems to be having quite a bit of skills.

D1tchd1gger said:
Surprise announcement of the girls as their schools representatives is very Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Pretty much first thing I thought, especially when it gets known that the old maid sabotaged it, same with how Harry's name ended up in the Goblet of Fire.
Oct 31, 2019 2:46 PM

Mar 2018
This show is so painfully cringey. Thus far, the only interesting aspects are Kufa being a vampire in disguise and the Clown class girl.
"Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. Even soul reapers die.
It’s the arch of the universe.
Everything that comes to life eventually ceases to exist.”

Oct 31, 2019 5:07 PM
Oct 2019
Although I think this anime is complete trash I can understand why some people enjoy watching it
Oct 31, 2019 5:48 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Melida is too adorable. <3
I love how determined and straight forward she is.

Kufa vs Black Madia was interesting, I kind liked how the latter conversed with those cards and writing in fire.

Here's to hoping both Melida and Elise play a fair game.

Hahahahaha. XD
I didn't notice it during the episode but damn. XD
Oct 31, 2019 6:13 PM

Dec 2016
K1ngOfSloth said:
Clown huh
Seems broken. I mean.. It literally is xd

Well no, but actually yes.
limitation of Clown class is that you will never be as good in particular class as someone who inherently have this class.
Also Clown can't learn Paladin class and other royal classes.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 31, 2019 6:31 PM

Jul 2017
Ehhh not really a big fan of Elise taking a share of the spotlight. Seems like it could be yet another show that gets ruined with the addition of more (main) characters

Kufa x Rosetti ship hype
Oct 31, 2019 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
Rosetti being "The one" makes this anime more interesting. Quite frankly Id prefer her and Vampir to end up together over Vampir and Melida
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2019 9:59 PM

Oct 2010
D1tchd1gger said:

I'm disappointed. I was hoping the principal would run towards the girls screaming "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE STAINED GLASS?!"
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Nov 1, 2019 4:04 AM

Feb 2017
story telling / direcring wise, it is a huge downgrade and disappointment, also consistency is a joke

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 1, 2019 6:46 AM

May 2019
I liked this episode quite a bit. Kufa is a really interesting and complex character, and I can't wait to delve further into his psychology

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 1, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was a bit boring to be honest. By the way, I don’t know why but I’m enjoying this series until now. I like how the “powers” are shown, it’s beautiful to watch.
Nov 1, 2019 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
the more you know the more you like, but please can we have more explanation on why they want her dead?
Nov 2, 2019 3:45 AM

Jun 2017
Clown class, ability to imitate all the other classes, a very good class indeed. Looks like Melida and Elise are being pitted against each other because of that maid, bad. I must say, I was quite disappointed, I would have enjoyed that fight scene if it was a little longer, still liked the episode though. I like the look of the uniforms of thegirls from the other academy, it looks better than Melida's academy in general.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 2, 2019 7:44 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Things are starting to get a little more interesting and we can definitely use more of Rosetti getting more screen time.
Nov 2, 2019 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
I also had Goblet of Fire thoughts. xD

SoraSenpai said:
Rosetti being "The one" makes this anime more interesting. Quite frankly Id prefer her and Vampir to end up together over Vampir and Melida

Screw that; he's clearly not interested and she needs to back off. >:p

Nov 2, 2019 11:06 AM
Mar 2015
More attacks on Ellie
Nov 2, 2019 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
This show is going too fast paced leaving everything in the dust.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 3, 2019 2:55 AM

Oct 2017
Well Eli turned out to be a selfish girl, she just straight up said to Melida that she can't beat her so she will lose on purpose.
Nov 3, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2019
I think this episode is much better than the previous episodes. I'm not sure how to feel about Elise, but I love the appearance of Black Madia. That fight scene was awesome, better than the fight scene last episode with that monster. I was sad to see it end so short. She's also an interesting character, talking with those cards that turn into fire. Looking forward to see more such fights.
Nov 3, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2019
Didn't expect this but so far I am actually enjoying the anime and currently reading the manga. Melida and Kufa are quite cute. I am glad it's not some big titties harem and they'll develop slowly.

Dunno why everyone has a thing for Rosetti, Melida is cute and shows constant growth and development. She is definitely my fave and awesome :'D

Tbvh the ppl who complain about the lack of big titties are really extra, flat chested girls exist u know. How's that even a problem? Perhaps the author has no boner for giant, unrealistic boobs or just doesn't care. It's quite refreshing I think.
lov3lymjNov 3, 2019 12:44 PM
Nov 3, 2019 10:10 AM

Feb 2015
Love this episode, had a plot twist to the story and even if I don't get know a lot, makes this series more than the simplistic fantasy shounen.
"Miharu denki desu"
Nov 3, 2019 11:29 AM
Nov 3, 2019 4:11 PM

Jul 2017
Rosetta still clinging onto Kufa as usual...

Heh, tournament "arc"? It surely has the vibes though, got a good feeling about this...but the selection of sisters Elise and (unexpectedly) Melida have a lot to caution to, especially the latter. And who to blame other than the house servant Mrs. Othello, whose ambitions run high that Melida forced a hand upon her, one stepping stone towards out of the comfort zone.

Kufa being interrogated by the very same organization he was working for. "Black Madia", a fitting name for a Clown status. Despite all that, with the intention that Ellie loses to Melida, this momentum cannot be suspended.

As much as I want to say this was a decent episode for the things that are eventual to happen, all is at high stakes.
Nov 3, 2019 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
RavBTW said:
the more you know the more you like, but please can we have more explanation on why they want her dead?

LOL, you serious? Did you even watch the 1st episode? (◕。◕)
Nov 4, 2019 6:06 AM

Apr 2013
rafin016 said:
RavBTW said:

LOL, you serious? Did you even watch the 1st episode? (◕。◕)
I forgot
but something about her not being able to awaken as Paladin I guess?
Nov 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2008
AmonGhoul said:
Although I think this anime is complete trash I can understand why some people enjoy watching it

Can you please explain why you think it's "complete trash"? :/

@lov3lymj

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY :) also I hate clingy, whiny characters like Rosetti lol

Nov 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Jan 2016
I'm still not liking any of the characters in this show, milady.
Nov 4, 2019 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
Kuro_Neko04 said:

???????

????????????????

I just came here to see if I was the only one who saw that lol
Nov 4, 2019 6:31 PM

Jan 2019
Black Madia seems like a very cool character and the concept of the clown class is very interesting.
Nov 4, 2019 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
RavBTW said:
I forgot but something about her not being able to awaken as Paladin I guess?

You can just rewatch it ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌ Melida's grandfather hired Kufa's guild to investigate whether Melida is his sons daughter or her mother had an affair with that Noble you see get killed in the prologue of 1st episode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Paladin class is exclusive to royal families (epi 4) since she failed to show any signs of such power Kufa decided to assassinate her. I haven't read the LN yet so I'm not sure about it but in Epi 3 she showed signs of Paladin like power.
Nov 5, 2019 7:51 AM

Apr 2013
rafin016 said:
RavBTW said:
I forgot but something about her not being able to awaken as Paladin I guess?

You can just rewatch it ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌ Melida's grandfather hired Kufa's guild to investigate whether Melida is his sons daughter or her mother had an affair with that Noble you see get killed in the prologue of 1st episode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Paladin class is exclusive to royal families (epi 4) since she failed to show any signs of such power Kufa decided to assassinate her. I haven't read the LN yet so I'm not sure about it but in Epi 3 she showed signs of Paladin like power.

by showing the power of paladin you mean when she stares at that dude and scares him?
Nov 9, 2019 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
Othello....she's about as stereotypical as it gets.
Nov 10, 2019 7:08 AM

Mar 2018
I honestly doubt that this anime could get any worse than it already is.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

30 by ayogami_M »»
Jan 14, 4:46 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.