Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Messengers of God? What.

On the other hand, I do find it kinda interesting that the main cast gets another chance to gather again and work together collectively. Shinobu working as a bar maid though and Tsukasa in a maid outfit lol
Stark700Oct 31, 2019 7:30 AM
Oct 31, 2019 7:42 AM

Dec 2017
A goddamn truck. Made without most resources and production line. Also electrical devices made in the same way. Even if you had nuclear plant to power things up, you need lots of metalls, alloys and precise tools to make most of modern stuff. At this rate they should spawn a nuke and bomb anyone opposing them, it would make no difference with current events.
Oct 31, 2019 7:51 AM

Aug 2013
Prince Akatsuki being a god lol. The power of mayo.
Those bunny girls.

Oct 31, 2019 7:56 AM

Jun 2019
Hmm, not sure I whole heartedly agree with this turn of events, using magic tricks and technology to win over the populace, it's a bit too close to "the ends justify the means" argument. If you force or persuade a civilisation into intense change that it may not be ready for, then what will the end result be? I don't know and I don't think the MC's do either.

But on the other hand could any of us sit back and watch such abuse of power like Duke Wigglybelly trying to rape Lyrule last episode. It was either all or nothing I suppose.

It's all getting a bit bogged down and not sure how they're going to wrap this up in such a short season.
Oct 31, 2019 7:58 AM
Sep 2015
Bernard is my favorite character now, the loyal brave muscular furry knight.
Oct 31, 2019 8:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode felt a bit boring, nothing really happened...
Oct 31, 2019 9:04 AM

Dec 2015
I've watched a lot of isekai, even the worst ones has some redeeming quality. But this... this is too much.

But I'm still gonna keep watching it just to see how bad it will get. Hope the score drops below 5, because anything more than 5 would be a disgrace to all the hentai that scored 5.
Oct 31, 2019 9:09 AM
Jul 2019
23feanor said:
Hmm, not sure I whole heartedly agree with this turn of events, using magic tricks and technology to win over the populace, it's a bit too close to "the ends justify the means" argument. If you force or persuade a civilisation into intense change that it may not be ready for, then what will the end result be? I don't know and I don't think the MC's do either.

But on the other hand could any of us sit back and watch such abuse of power like Duke Wigglybelly trying to rape Lyrule last episode. It was either all or nothing I suppose.

It's all getting a bit bogged down and not sure how they're going to wrap this up in such a short season.

Dealing with Wigglybelly will be a walk in the park compared to Gustave, considering the mentions of him being an extremist Imperial loyalist, his (powerful) magic and his brutality in dealing with those those who don't match his standards (like executing Inzaghi for escaping instead of fighting to his bitter end).

The anime staff can only adapt up to a certain cutoff point of the source light novels, considering the series is still ongoing in Japan. At least 2 novels a year; if the author isn't working on the next installments of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.
phil2288Oct 31, 2019 9:12 AM
Oct 31, 2019 9:28 AM

Mar 2019
So they were selling mayo and now they suddendly want to take over the wolrd by instauring a theocracy wtf
Boring episode, characters are really bad
Oct 31, 2019 9:33 AM
Feb 2009
yes we need more animal ear and elf girls lol can't wait for next week
Oct 31, 2019 10:14 AM

Jun 2019
phil2288 said:
23feanor said:

Dealing with Wigglybelly will be a walk in the park compared to Gustave, considering the mentions of him being an extremist Imperial loyalist, his (powerful) magic and his brutality in dealing with those those who don't match his standards (like executing Inzaghi for escaping instead of fighting to his bitter end).

The anime staff can only adapt up to a certain cutoff point of the source light novels, considering the series is still ongoing in Japan. At least 2 novels a year; if the author isn't working on the next installments of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.

Yeah, that Gustave guy looked like a pretty tough opponent. I'm wondering whether he might be someone they try to convert to their side rather than defeat, as he sounds like a complete nightmare to overcome, although given his extremist behaviour it doesn't sound plausible. That said this group seems good at pulling off the impossible, they just need the right leverage (ie what does Gustave fight for, what does he hold dear to him & how could they use that to sway him to their point of view).
Oct 31, 2019 10:54 AM
Apr 2013
This show continues to be a disgrace to every anime out there. It is an insult to everyone with more than half a living braincell, and even when lowering the bar to literally groundlevel by isekai standards, this show continues to be shit. They conquered the city by mayonaise and magic, which everyone would be able to see when they looked from a different angle. The characters stay shitty, and the halfway cute girls get degraded to bunny outfits and selling mayonaise as well. Only ninja girl escaped that fate by giving up nearly all screentime and fleeing into a snowcountry.
Just wow. Probably the worst show of the season.
Oct 31, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2018
I like how Tsukasa shook his head after taking off the maid headdress that changed absolutely nothing about his appearance...
Oct 31, 2019 12:13 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm i guess bunny outfits are popular no matter which world you're in. The combo of Akatsuki's magic display with the bunny girls and Roo's adorable reaction to Mayo sure was amusing while also ensuring that its sale was strong. Tsukasa infiltrating the mayor's house as a maid though sure was one hell of a move but one that proved worthwhile. Given the risk that their home might eventually become a battlefield i can see why the captain wants to leave and stay with his family. Still Tsukasa's speech that convinced Bernard was pretty impressive perfectly combining what the true role of a knight should be which is a sword that will protect the people from harm. Overall a relatively calm ep that did well in showing the teams first moves in their plan as they moved to take their first city using diplomacy, tech and mayo to great effect to convert the people to their side while consolidating their forces and preparing for the empire's eventual attack. Looks like the famed Gustave will be the first real trial for the team next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2019 12:50 PM

Mar 2018
A relogion based on mayonnaise. Great

Gustave seems like he'd be a tough opponent? Then again with the maincast we are given he probably won't be much of a problem

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 31, 2019 1:38 PM
Jul 2019
On now they have a truck, and other modern 21st century appliances, so I'm guess just like any isekai themed anime they'll gonna have it easy to even crush that Gustave guy.
Oct 31, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
Talking that Bernard guy into the head knight position after seeing/hearing of his situation was a real bitch move. Tsukasa should have at least given him a safe position as a strategist or something away from the frontlines...
Oct 31, 2019 2:37 PM
Nov 2018
TAKE 1:

"We're gonna move your values forward 500 years."
"A samurai has the right to strike!"

TAKE 2:

"We're gonna move your values forward 500 years."
"I thought it would be best to use the power of religion if we hope to unite the region."

HOW TO BUILD A TRUCK ALONG WITH AN OIL DRILL AND AN OIL REFINERY, WITHOUT THE PEASANTS NOTICING BEFORE IT'S DONE:

Off ... screeeen!!!

UNPLEASANT CONVERSATIONS WE'D RATHER NOT SHOW:

"Worship and unite, gullible peasants!"

Peasant 1: But ... we already have gods, centuries old. We grew up with this religion.

"But do they have magic? Bwahahahaha!"

Peasant 2: Actually we know magic exists, and the magicians aren't gods.

"No mayo for you, doubter!"

Peasant 3: I'm willing to die for my gods, and others are too. We will fight you, fake gods.

"No mayo for you either!"

Peasants: Damn, they got us with the mayo. Our taste buds are more important than our ancestral belief and afterlife. Never mind then, let's start chanting. Seven light faith, seven light faith, mayo light faith!

(Had to clarify this as they skipped over too much of the story.)
Oct 31, 2019 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
Hegar said:

Peasant 1: But ... we already have gods, centuries old. We grew up with this religion.

Wasn't it mentioned last episode that all of the religion has been totally removed by the Empire? So there would be no gods and beliefs they grew up with...

Of course, that idea is still quite stupid and ridiculous...

"We have a flying boy and a ton of Mayo! You can make a religion out of this!"

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Oct 31, 2019 3:15 PM

May 2010
Last 4 episodes is totally ok but this episode is so dumb, the hell happened?!
Oct 31, 2019 3:30 PM
Nov 2018
AlexTrusk said:
Wasn't it mentioned last episode that all of the religion has been totally removed by the Empire? So there would be no gods and beliefs they grew up with...

Of course, that idea is still quite stupid and ridiculous...

"We have a flying boy and a ton of Mayo! You can make a religion out of this!"

Ah, maybe. But if so it's just an unrealistic excuse for setting up this. How could they remove religion? People can just keep the religion in their homes. Or in their villages, as the empire can't check. And there'd be no reason for an empire to set out to eliminate all religion. Instead they'd make sure that it was their priests who did the talking on holy days.

A great Gothic king, who brought peace to impoverished Italy and southern France and northern Spain, wrote that he had dreamed of creating a Pax Gothica, but he realized that he couldn't, so it had to be a Pax Romana once again. Even an all-conquering ruler can't just wipe the slate clean. (It's such a common mistake for people to view history as a computer game. Worship this new altar, and mine and harvest, peasants! I'm clicking on you!)
Oct 31, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2017
Ashhk said:
This episode felt a bit boring, nothing really happened...

My thoughts exactly. Seemed like a lot of setup, but not even particularly interesting set up.

The 'creating a religion' thing is kind of an interesting idea but they didn't really explore it. Yet.

Getting the knight on side is great, but he hasn't been a major character so far so I really didn't get much from that little arc. Seems like he's being set up to die so we'll feel sorry for the kid. Which I will, it's just not very interesting right now.

Also why so much cowtits characters? Can a guy get one anime girl which isn't either a loli or has E+ cup breasts. I liked journalist girl before but apparently even she has giant tits. Like come on man... Also her little scouting mission thing was another story in this episode which just wasn't interesting. Though I was more annoyed at how she suddenly has cowtits even though she's supposed to be a cute type.

The production value is still pretty decent in this show but it's not enough to keep it afloat after this episode so it goes from 6 -> 5.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 31, 2019 7:09 PM
Jul 2011
I just read the summaries, so I don't really understand what's going on.

It kind of feels off, trying to make a new religion.
Akatsuki being some sort of a god feels off.
Mayonnaise, damn it I misspelled Mayonnaise wrong too much while typing.
So why Mayonnaise just because?

So far it seems boring to me.
What happened to "five hundred years"?
Wait, somehow it is going to be boring either way.
Oct 31, 2019 8:14 PM
Nov 2017
Blessed bunny girls.
Oct 31, 2019 8:16 PM
Jul 2019
23feanor said:
phil2288 said:

Yeah, that Gustave guy looked like a pretty tough opponent. I'm wondering whether he might be someone they try to convert to their side rather than defeat, as he sounds like a complete nightmare to overcome, although given his extremist behaviour it doesn't sound plausible. That said this group seems good at pulling off the impossible, they just need the right leverage (ie what does Gustave fight for, what does he hold dear to him & how could they use that to sway him to their point of view).

Oct 31, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2015
So they managed to occupy that place with just Mayonnaise and simple magic tricks, damn those citizens are stupid!

Tsukasa looked super cool in that maid outfit, too bad Aoi was laughing at him. I liked how he was able to Persuade Bernard to join with him and the rest of the gang, and the end of the day he'll just be a tool for them even if he said he won't be.

Gustave the villain has shown, looks like a ruthless MF.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 31, 2019 9:06 PM

Dec 2015
What the hell even is this anime?
Oct 31, 2019 10:17 PM

Jun 2010
Maid Tsukasa was the best thing about this episode. <3

Nov 1, 2019 1:04 AM

Feb 2015
The ecchi was tuned down on this episode but I still enjoyed some scenes about rebuilding the isekai world into a democracy. Let see how it shapes up.
"Miharu denki desu"
Nov 1, 2019 1:25 AM
Oct 2018
For those who know the reality behind "magic" will think that this anime is just for kiddos. If only that magic guy doesn't exist, it will be much better. Even better without mayonaise-kun.
Bingki-sanNov 1, 2019 1:29 AM
Nov 1, 2019 4:18 AM

May 2014
Traditional religion, now with bunny girls and mayo. Instant theocracy ensues.

Seems legit.
Nov 1, 2019 6:49 AM

Jun 2017
Of course, they would resort to religion, the greatest tool of authority of all times. Anyway, nothing much happened in this episode, only the death of one Knight in the end, the knight who kidnapped our beloved elf girl, he deserved that much at least.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 1, 2019 6:52 AM

May 2012
I enjoyed this episode

Religion is powerful tool to control people and keep them in order. Gustave is so brutal, there is no way the main character will let him live
Nov 1, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
ok...hmmm well that was something..... they started a religion
Nov 2, 2019 4:19 AM

Jan 2016
Not a fan of this episode, using religion in such a manner. I also don't believe that the majority of the city would be stupid enough to change faith over some mayonnaise

I like the knight tough. And Gustave's VA was enough for me to get interested in the next episode
Nov 2, 2019 6:30 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was a bit of a mess. We had fan service, the MCs passing themselves off as god's an articulated lorry and lots of talking. The truck seemed really out of place. The whole show is silly and the magician is annoying af. Second episode looked like it might go somewhere but it's just been very disappointing.
Nov 2, 2019 7:26 AM

Mar 2019
Well, I guess the some interesting battle is about to come

Nov 2, 2019 7:32 AM

Mar 2019
Gildesh said:
Talking that Bernard guy into the head knight position after seeing/hearing of his situation was a real bitch move. Tsukasa should have at least given him a safe position as a strategist or something away from the frontlines...

Exactly ..... Tsukasa used his emotion and helplessness to make him agree for this job.. A nasty move

Nov 2, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2019
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
On now they have a truck, and other modern 21st century appliances, so I'm guess just like any isekai themed anime they'll gonna have it easy to even crush that Gustave guy.

If that happens it will be a disaster for this anime . That Gustave guy looks super bold . They shouldn't use this character for a mock battle

Nov 2, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
Well... like the beginning of episode 1 said

They're talents are on a godly level.

So it's no surprise they'll go with the "God" approach, especially for people 500 years behind in technology.

It's like what they say, 'Supernatural is only unexplained science"

___ ___ ___

And in this case, it's super effective because modern technology is like powers of gods since no one else can do what they do.

It's like Jesus healing people with technology and modern medicine, you would think he's performing Miracles.

___ ___ ___

Tho the MCs doesn't really have "magic", so I wonder how they'll deal with the magic guy.

I imagine they'll use a Cryo-blaster or something to counter the dude's fire magic.

That or they'll just fire the plasma cannon again and one shot the dude... lol
amlgNov 2, 2019 5:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 2, 2019 10:01 PM

Oct 2008
PROTECC the adorable daughter of the Knight who quit...i guess...
4/5.

Nov 2, 2019 10:08 PM

Apr 2018
I'm... lost... Where am I... and how did I get here... What am I doing this for, what is this pain even worth. Is such tragedy truly worth it just to the blue completed strip... The last time I've experienced such pain was listening to the $1 piano. This show itself is a wild beast, designed in every way to capture you whole. The actually kinda catchy opening... The occasionally actually ok scenes... That wholesome father daughter part... The decent animation. These lures, these baits, they are cruel... cruel cruel cruel. Pulling you closer just to tear your apart.

OH AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE OPENING SCENE. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU ESTABLISHED A RELIGION BASED ON MAYONNAISE.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Nov 2, 2019 10:11 PM

Apr 2018
Hylianticipated said:

Me too man... Me too...

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Nov 3, 2019 1:32 AM

Oct 2017
Lol they r spreading religion like that. Anyway the girls in bunny outfit were hot.
Nov 3, 2019 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
Not really liking how this is turning out. They're not using modern technology, they're using fictional technology. Where are they getting all the materials? Even if you have the brains (which you do in Ringo), the funds (from the Merchant), you need materials which you can't just spawn out of thin air.

Also, if Ringo is such a genius and even has a Bear AI helping her, why not make most of your military robots with human commanders or operators? Who needs an army when you can have that? I assume any grunt robot would require much less effort than what seems to be the fully sentient AI that is the bear.

For a genius of politics, Tsukasa doesn't seem like it. He seems more like a manager at best, honestly. He can lead, can organise, can manage, but so far he hasn't done much politicking. Last episode, there wasn't even any consideration about how else they could rescue Lyrule and instead took them on directly in a battle. War is the basest form of politics, it's something you undertake when there are no other options left. Now he's using a fictional religion relying on magic tricks (which make no sense and don't seem to be illusion magic at all and not different from the magic used in this world except it's WEAKER), sexual appeal, and damned mayonnaise? He doesn't seem like a genius politician at all. He's more like a what somebody who doesn't know politics would imagine a genius politician would be and confuse him with "just being a leader".

I'm not entirely sure if this anime is comedic or not or if it is meant to not be taken too seriously, but so far it CAN'T be taken seriously, so am I looking at it the wrong way? This series seems to have a lot of potential with its setup but in practice it doesn't do much and is generic and basically cheating. They're too OP because they don't make sense. Their technology doesn't make sense is what really bothers me. Having modern knowledge in a medieval world is already "cheating", but it's even more cheating when you can basically DO ANYTHING. I don't see why you don't just build missiles at this point and remotely target all the important people. That's a lot quicker and seems it's entirely possible with what's already going on.
Nov 3, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2017
Magician Akatsuki gets his spotlight this episode, and I have to keep saying: "WTH...???" at every point. Alas, religion in another world ís the ONE LAST THING I'd ought to think of changing. Worship the magician and mayonnaise I guess. Oh, and bunny girls.

With more of the world changing towards their ideals, Tsukasa and Co. looks sets to change even further into democracy by aiding more of the townsfolk to match their stand into collaboration. That's always for the better.

Hylianticipated said:

Everyday we stray further away from Kami-sama...

Gustave the Lord seems like a potential villain to take note of, every episode that's close to "dropping" status being held back.
Nov 3, 2019 10:33 PM

Jul 2016
Ok, so we just got the girl that was "almost" raped to show her body for the promotion of a product, SURE.
WTF is happening? The show is getting more and more superficial, we got almost 0 content on how they got to know each other whatsoever, the author is just putting stuff, not giving any background or explaining it and expecting people to accept it.
The characters are starting to seem so dull, just when I feel like something entertaining is gonna happen, it cuts off.
I just hope this is cuz maybe this show is getting rushed as FUCK and when I say rushed, I mean REALLY rushed, I really hope that's it...
Play2X said:
The characters stay shitty, and the halfway cute girls get degraded to bunny outfits and selling mayonaise as well.

Don't forget that one of those girls almost got raped, that's really amazing.
DooMWhiteNov 3, 2019 10:46 PM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Nov 3, 2019 10:39 PM

Jul 2016
Phobez said:

I'm not entirely sure if this anime is comedic or not or if it is meant to not be taken too seriously, but so far it CAN'T be taken seriously, so am I looking at it the wrong way? This series seems to have a lot of potential with its setup but in practice it doesn't do much and is generic

Yeah, I'm really not sure if it's supposed to be comedy as well... If it is, it's fucking horrible at making me laugh.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Nov 4, 2019 7:51 AM

Feb 2019
DooMWhite said:
Yeah, I'm really not sure if it's supposed to be comedy as well... If it is, it's fucking horrible at making me laugh.

Agreed. Cringed a few times though.
Nov 4, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2012
The entire religion thing based on mayonnaise was stupid. Prince Akatsuki is the worst out of the 7.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

66 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

80 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 25, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

76 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:03 AM

» Would there be a season 2?

Allxn - Dec 24, 2019

14 by YASS3R »»
Aug 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.