Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 30, 2019 3:24 PM
Mar 2015
The 4 walls are broken and he has a Kaji reference. He should be aware by now that nothing he does will work out and he will end up back at the bench
Oct 30, 2019 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
I love how everyone is talking about the Jojo and Kaiji reference, but am I only one that heard the Darth Vader Theme playing during the bench-kun scene with Asunaro??

That shit was gold. Also love how bench-kun was placed in the middle of the whole roof..

Not sure if I trust Asunaro so far.. She's cute but something seems off. Even Cosmos is shadowing Asunaro.
Oct 30, 2019 4:11 PM
Dec 2018
Well, it is obvious, even at this stage, that Pansy is going to be the one who triumphs in the end. But Cosmos is the best for me. She's definitely onto what is happening. She's taken herself out of the limelight but the last scene shows that she has worked out what is happening. She's a great character.
Oct 30, 2019 4:21 PM

Jul 2017
5/5 just for that kaiji reference
Oct 30, 2019 4:23 PM

Jun 2017
Manipulative bitches, every one of them. That includes the guys. Bench-kun is the only decent character.

Oct 30, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2018
This will becoming more exciting and more interested in coming next episode... Although there are lots of scene that cut out from the manga including the dance practice between joro and panji inside the library that they exchange joro and asuno dance at the top of the building...

Anyways I expected the next episode is more revelation and more enterogation between asuno and cosmos that asuno will become a first victim to become a new rejected squad member...
Oct 30, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2013
A new foe has appeared! Bench-kun joins the battle!

Oct 30, 2019 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
Asunaro is so shady....

I bet she planned all this shit so she could have Joto for herself

Why is Joro so innocent at the end of the episode though? He spent good portion of the episode lusting over Asunaro himself but by the end feels like he lost interest.
Devil_SlayerOct 30, 2019 5:17 PM
Oct 30, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
$10 says that Asunaro has been planning every single aspect of this because she's in love with Joro and wants all other girls to lose interest in him so she has him all to herself.
Oct 30, 2019 6:10 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Damn, girls are so awkward in this show.. I dont mind them being "unrealistic" since its Anime but dang.. its going way too far and pretty much anything they do is ridiculous... to a point where Im not sure if I actually still like to watch this, even though I liked it a lot in the beginning :/
Btw this comes from a guy who enjoys the Ecchi tag a lot which can go with a lot of weird scenes... so yeah, its that ridiculous..
MeriuOct 30, 2019 6:14 PM
Oct 30, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2017
Why have we not started calling Bench-kun Emperor Bench-kun yet?
OR Darth Bench?
Damn,that thing gives me the creeps :)

On a side note,forget Asunaro wanting Joro all to herself,I think Bench-kun wants Joro all to itself,since he's already shown he's partway to the dark side :)
Oct 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Oct 2015
Sweet virgin Mary!

This series is going nowhere for me, I mean this basically just turned into a rotten gag. Fuck, I can't believe I chose this piss over blade of immortal, biggest mistake of my life. At this moment, even the writer is out of ideas and just uses thigh shots and harem baits to call viewers. I Would've wrote a much good plot than this.

Even the new girl follows the same path. When it started it had some great potential, but now, nothing they'll do will revive it no matter who says what. You may bicker and say it is a fire show, but you just deluding your sorry self.

It's like choosing another partner in a relationship and you end up regretting that decision, and now you must live with that person because you're stuck with them. You always ask yourself how it could've been with the other person.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
honestly bench-kun is the only honest and straight forward character in this show that isn't a complete twat ,how can a now harem have so many unlikable characters that make even me groan when they appear not getting my hopes up with that new first year either.

thought the reporter girl was great calling out shit like it is but even she fell into the trap that is a rom-com harem

yare yare daze is right
Oct 30, 2019 7:14 PM
May 2019
PersiaJuliet23 said:
This will becoming more exciting and more interested in coming next episode... Although there are lots of scene that cut out from the manga including the dance practice between joro and panji inside the library that they exchange joro and asuno dance at the top of the building...

Anyways I expected the next episode is more revelation and more enterogation between asuno and cosmos that asuno will become a first victim to become a new rejected squad member...
they cut the scene when pansy visited joro's house, that kinda upsets me
Oct 30, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2015
I won't be surprised if this new girl is the one who made all this mess... at least be a yandere as her true self.

Oct 30, 2019 7:56 PM

Nov 2018
OOHHH ECSTASY!!

For a second I thought the Star Wars empire theme was playing during the bench scene

This is turning out to be one my favorites of this season

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Oct 30, 2019 8:34 PM
Mar 2017
I knew Asunaro could not be trusted, the moment she invoked Bench-san I knew she was up to something, she didn't even have the time to investigate if he is in a relationship with Himawari, Cosmos and Sumireko, she fully accuse him of being a pervert and a scumbag and now his school life is again a disaster thanks to the horrible rumors about Joro.
I swear that I can't stand the laughter when Bench-san appears, even it soundtrack is similar to Darth Vader's, that bench is evil, besides all the disasters Joro has experienced in these 5 episodes begin with that damn baseball game.
Asunaro has practically Joro's balls, he will have to prove that he is not flirting with the three girls, but things do not improve since Cosmos gives him the news that he will participate in the festival of flowers and he will have to dance With three girls

I laughed a lot when Joro asks his girl friends not to see each other for a while and the three refuse, once you start a harem you can't walk away, it's a golden rule Joro. What I like is that Joro puts the safety and integrity of the three girls as a priority, Joro can be rotten from the inside but he is a good boy.
Cosmos is very manipulative, although she is very cute, but this bothers me because she uses false tears and her lack of attention to have Joro close to her.
Today we met another of the girls who appear in the opening, Kamata is in first year and seems to have believed one of the rumors about Joro, which ends up causing her to withdraw from the flower dance, but in return Sun will be her replacement, I see the doujinshis drawing themselves at the speed of light.
The scene where Himawari, Cosmos and Sumireko change to practice the dance was of excellent quality, I was satisfied with such perfection and then the pleasant afternoon that the group has was very rewarding, is good to see them have a good time as friends, but the face Asunaro had was not convinced me at all, she is plotting something evil, she is like Bench-san.
I knew that something bad would happen, the newspaper Asunaro prepared to expose Joro as an scum enemy of the women "accidentally" was printed and delivered and now the popular girls of his class treat him like a bastard, the worst thing is that now the practices for the dance were canceled and Joro was left alone again and Asunaro seizes her opportunity and decides to practice with him.
That final scene with Cosmos watching from the shadows makes it clear to me that she also suspects about Asunaro, at least Joro has an ally, I hope we will soon know what Asunaro is up to and why she wants to ruin Joro?

What I did not want to happen is happening, Himawari and Cosmos fell in love with Joro, after what happened with Sun I can not believe that this happened, Sumireko already has a double and big advantage and I also suspect about Asunaro's attitude, so I wouldn't be surprised that she is also in love with Joro, but it's just a guess, in one of those maybe Asunaro loves one of the three girls.
The only thing that bothers me about this episode is that we didn't have enough screen time with Sumireko, I feel cheated.
Oct 30, 2019 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
newspaper girl is one scheming conniving little wench...just as trash as Sun-kun's previous arc self

the Bench is the best character
Oct 30, 2019 10:43 PM

Aug 2017
This episode went from fun to serious real quick.

We are greeted by Bench-Kun in this episode.

I feel sad for the MC but Asunaro is helping him. Or is she planning something?

Also, what's up with President Cosmos? I guess she's caught up with Asunaro's plan or she's gonna try something. Well, we'll find that out next week.

Overall a pretty good episode with lots of comedy elements.

VeneZ1412Oct 30, 2019 10:47 PM

Oct 30, 2019 11:32 PM

Aug 2018
At last the enemy has returned the Evil Bench
Oct 31, 2019 12:52 AM
May 2017
This thing is building up to be the best anime this season.

I mean seriously : harem, comedy, cute girls, animation, art style, music, and most importantly an MC who's not dense. What could you ask more in a harem anime?
Oct 31, 2019 2:12 AM

Sep 2017
too bad that they skipped a big moment when pansy visited joro's house and dancing together, i feel so betrayed :(

nevertheless, good episode and we are going to catch up with the manga next ep

i need more of pansy x joro moments
Oct 31, 2019 2:13 AM

Aug 2018
Jeez i can see myself on joros personality xD

Btw im little confuse on whats happening in this ep its like most of them have their hidden motives on what their doing on Joro lol

Fun ep looking for more in next episodes!
Hoping for more genuine interactions *cough* joro and pansy *cough*
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 31, 2019 2:18 AM
May 2019
zalapeno said:
too bad that they skipped a big moment when pansy visited joro's house and dancing together, i feel so betrayed :(

in the ln there is a scene when pansy visited joro's house. and since the anime is based on its ln, i think eventually they'll show us the scene (i hope so).
Oct 31, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty sure Asunaro is the one behind all this. She just wanted to hog Joro for herself so she spread the news and acted like a good girl while separating Joro from others I guess.
Oct 31, 2019 2:58 AM

Dec 2010
Cosmos again proving in this episode how she is worst girl.

Starting to like Asunaro.

and of course... Bench-kun strikes back.
Oct 31, 2019 3:32 AM

Dec 2009
LMAO omg... the fucking bench with the start wars bootleg music and vader breathing... I don't even watch Kaiji, but i know enough about the anime to know that that wasn't just an amusing reference, it's perfectly contextualized for the nerve-wracking intensity XD

Cosmos you little goofball rascal... She's way too honest and pure! (she just needs to curb the yandere a bit lmao) I love her antics. I feel like i'm falling in love with her more than Pansy... We'll have to see if Pansy can top her ;P

Ahhh i started seeing it part way through, Asunaro's gotta be in it for herself haha... omfg.

Definitely cooking up for more spicy crazy drama nonsense.

Definitely love this ridiculous manipulative battle of who's gonna take the dom position haha!

...I dunno if i just watched this ep at the wrong time/mood or if it was missing something, but i wasn't laughing as much this ep even though there were plenty of amusing gags.
GenesisAriaOct 31, 2019 3:36 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 31, 2019 4:02 AM

Oct 2019
Actually loved this episode. Bench-kun strikes again and I feel like Asunaro is def trying to go in for Joro or something. In the scenes before when they were trying to find a 3rd girl for the dance, she looked like she was going to ask if she could be the third girl. Looks like it came true in the end, either because she probably likes Joro or shes weird and really wanted to do the dance that badly to the point where she would ruin the reputation with Joro and his other friends. Pansy could again just be trolling and this might just be another 1000iq play by her to get Joro closer with her.
Oct 31, 2019 4:04 AM

Sep 2017
ramdit said:
zalapeno said:

in the ln there is a scene when pansy visited joro's house. and since the anime is based on its ln, i think eventually they'll show us the scene (i hope so).
yeah i know that happened in the ln too, but im not sure when will they show that tho. im hoping for it as well
Oct 31, 2019 4:38 AM

Feb 2015
Felt a bit odd about this episode, it seems the start of the new ark, but also a bit more complicated one where he is getting into a more harem situation.

The plot thickens...
"Miharu denki desu"
Oct 31, 2019 4:44 AM
May 2019
JZA said:
Felt a bit odd about this episode, it seems the start of the new ark, but also a bit more complicated one where he is getting into a more harem situation.

The plot thickens...
and you're right, i mean the previous episode was the start of the new arc.
Oct 31, 2019 5:01 AM
Sep 2019
Damn this anime is fucking great, can't wait for the next episodes. The bench joke is going to be a meme sooner or later LUL just so damn funny!
Oct 31, 2019 5:40 AM

Nov 2013
ibraheem234 said:
naturally something bad happened again..loved the jojo reference in the beginning...Yare Yare daze

Not everything is a jojo reference.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 31, 2019 5:49 AM

Sep 2013
Anime is almost caught up with the manga adaptation. I felt kinda sad that the studio skipped alot of good scenes.
Next episode is gonna be good
Oct 31, 2019 6:57 AM

Jun 2017
Yare yare daze, why is that bench here again, poor Joro, every time that bench appears, something happens.

Anyway, I just couldn't stop laughing at Cosmos samurai mode every time she gets nervous. Top tier episode lol 5/5/.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 31, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2008
This is reminding me more and more of an updated Urusei Yatsura with Joro playing Ataru quite well. Bench-kun is essentially Cherry - bringing terrible luck to Joro every time he shows up. The big difference between the two series is that there is no "heroine" yet - all of the girls are ruthlessly manipulative and Joro is stupid enough to always be one step behind all of them.

All-in-all, I'm loving this series so far!
Oct 31, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2014
I think Asunaro might be the scummiest character this show has introduced thus far. She writes a false article that deliberately misconstrues numerous details, uses that to blackmail Joro essentially, then tails him for however long looking for any more "evidence" to justify publishing the article (and looking for even the faintest acts as evidence). Then, she claims that the article was "accidentally" published and supposedly goes to retrieve them all herself and clear Joro's name, then acts to help him with the dance. That's repulsively manipulative, considering that the entire situation is her damn fault to begin with; while I can see how the photos with Cosmos and Pansy could be misinterpreted as Joro leading them on, everything else we saw had nothing to do with Joro leading anyone else on. And Asunaro obviously spread the slipper rumour around, given that no one else should have been in the library during that interaction between Joro and Pansy.

That aside, this episode was pretty funny until it started taking itself too seriously at the end (a problem we saw with the halfway point of the first arc as well, notably), and the return of Bench-kun was hilarious.
Oct 31, 2019 8:11 AM

May 2018
"We are back !" -Bench-kun and Baseball-chan

I must say, everybody on this anime is actually very smart at planning something. I have a feeling that Cosmos actually know what Asunaro planned, but she choose the safe way to reveal that, and if it's true then another "CSI Detective" part like what Pansy done in episode 2 will happen again.

And, do you notice that this anime gave very much 4th wall jokes ?
Oct 31, 2019 8:32 AM
May 2019
Atavistic said:
I think Asunaro might be the scummiest character this show has introduced thus far. She writes a false article that deliberately misconstrues numerous details, uses that to blackmail Joro essentially, then tails him for however long looking for any more "evidence" to justify publishing the article (and looking for even the faintest acts as evidence). Then, she claims that the article was "accidentally" published and supposedly goes to retrieve them all herself and clear Joro's name, then acts to help him with the dance. That's repulsively manipulative, considering that the entire situation is her damn fault to begin with; while I can see how the photos with Cosmos and Pansy could be misinterpreted as Joro leading them on, everything else we saw had nothing to do with Joro leading anyone else on. And Asunaro obviously spread the slipper rumour around, given that no one else should have been in the library during that interaction between Joro and Pansy.

That aside, this episode was pretty funny until it started taking itself too seriously at the end (a problem we saw with the halfway point of the first arc as well, notably), and the return of Bench-kun was hilarious.
couldn't agree more, and i think the reason people are easily convinced by asunaro's scheme is because she's really good with her words and incredibly manipulative, almost like the media nowadays.
Oct 31, 2019 9:08 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode gets a 5 out of 5 whenever a Star Wars reference is made when Bench-kun. The MC can't seem to catch a break with all these misunderstandings.
Oct 31, 2019 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Funny episode overall, there was just an extreme lack of Pansy which is upsetting.

Although she did have the best line of "Why don't we get engaged" Lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2019 11:25 AM
Jan 2016
The bench-kun had returned! And Joro reaction were so funny!

Asunaro is ruining Joro's harem route xD, but i am suspecting Asunaro is hiding something, and aswell as Cosmos, she also suspect something! Can't really understand if Asunaro is into Joro or not!

Waiting for next episode!

Oct 31, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2019

Here's the cursed bench again......And, thanks to it it gave Joro another curved ball courtesy of Asunaro, too bad her damage control hasn't help at all.

Oct 31, 2019 1:55 PM

Sep 2019
Bro fuck asunaro for playing with my mans Joro life like that wtf
Oct 31, 2019 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
Bench-kun is BACC...!!! And please stop that gintama-esque jokes. Kaiji reference, breaking the 4th wall. It urged me to rewatch gintama, damnit! :D

The jokes are good. The sudden turn from comedy to drama is heavy though.
Oct 31, 2019 7:42 PM

Aug 2018
The drama will never end, the harem will never stop growing, all for my own happiness

Nov 1, 2019 12:21 AM

Sep 2013
Truck-kun. Bench-kun. What's next?

Also Does Cosmos love the MC? Why is she so hung up on him. I thought she liked Sun chips-kun.
Nov 1, 2019 2:07 AM

Oct 2015
I don't trust Asunaro one single bit. I'm betting she's the one behind all this. Why?
1. She looked disappointed when Joro found out the 3rd girl for the dance has been replaced. Then after the friends stopped practicing together she offered to help Joro dance.
2. When the newspaper article was published, Cosmos was about to call back all the releases, but Asunaro stopped her, just so she wouldn't find out about her plan.
3. Cosmos appearing at the end of the episode. She said she was going to help Joro in some way. I can't think of any reason why she was on the rooftop if she was trying to fish something out of Asunaro.
Nov 1, 2019 3:45 AM

Jul 2017
Newspaper girl Asunaro is sure to be suspicious...

OH SHIT Bench-kun is back, plus that Kaiji reference, and the Star Wars-esque sound, OMFG that brings back memories of Joro's mindfishery. It's damn fascinating that Asunaro has all bases covered about Joro, but yet information can be true/false depending on the outcome.

The upcoming (planning) school festival SURE IS LIVELY...at the helm that Joro could outwit his "flowery boy" image amidst all 3 girls and Taiyo back as the clique of friends. To dispel all this, Cosmos' acting was weird but funny AF,

In the end, it's that 1st-year Kamata that dug him EVEN DEEPER, with Joro acclaiming yet another rumor persona: the Slipper Man. Oh well, it's back to the clique.

Plus that newspaper fiasco, 50/50 but still highly suspicious of Asunaro spoiling their relationship once more. The final scene could be said as an important turn as Cosmos is keeping a close tab on Asunaro, for all it may be her who triggered the sequence of events.

Turning my head topsy-turvy at the events now, just wondering how will Joro deal with all this.
Nov 1, 2019 4:01 AM
Apr 2016
Episode is funny but Asunaro is really annoying to the point where it heavily disturbed my enjoyment.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

260 by ShoozieChicken »»
Apr 22, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

234 by 28012001 »»
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

104 by 28012001 »»
Mar 27, 6:45 AM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.