Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 29, 2019 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
ProofByColor said:
Also I dislike the translators on CR translating roku dan as grade 6. I had to double take and actually listen to the Japanese after reading a grade 6 went on maternity leave...
lol this!!!!!! I was like "wait a grade 6 girl, an 11 year old was Queen? wtf?"
Oct 29, 2019 10:22 PM

Nov 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
The ending scene of the episode was perfectly set up ! Hyped for Chihaya vs Haruka

I can't wait the battle between Chihaya vs the former queen Haruka..
Oct 29, 2019 11:22 PM

Mar 2017
I freakin love this show! 3 episodes in and this season is already an anime of the year contender as far as I'm concerned.

This episode did some fantastic character work for Taichi; I could really feel the weight of his thoughts after his conversation with Arata.

We also got to see Chihaya's skill progression with her incorporating an element of Shinobu's playing style; they're doing an excellent job of building her up as a legitimate queen contender and it seems like they'll continue to do so in the next ep when she faces Inokuma.

I'm grateful that we're getting 2 episodes again next week though still waiting that long is gonna be a pain lol.
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!
Oct 30, 2019 2:02 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
I'm only watch this anime for 3 episodes and I'm in love with karuta already.
Nekko_Khayal88Oct 30, 2019 2:08 AM
Oct 30, 2019 2:16 AM
Oct 2019
KhayalCorp88 said:
I'm only watch this anime for 3 episodes and I'm in love with karuta already.

Oh welcome to Chihayafuru world!
You should watch previous 2 seasons right away, hoping you’ll like them!
Oct 30, 2019 3:22 AM
Aug 2018
Almost Crying From nostalgia.
Oct 30, 2019 3:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode once again!

Chihaya and the Shiranami Society are on fire, oh yeah! Seeing the Coach and the Senior give Taichi a moment of respite and support there was so touching as well! And then Chihaya's dominant play to top it off, great stuff! I want to see Chihaya win this competition or at least proceed to the next stage after beating the former Queen.

Damn, that Queen though. Hearing is a great tool no doubt, lol @ poor Fujisaki's Coach, but being able to match Chihaya's pace is quite something. And she's been out of the game for a few years, boy the next round is going to be crazy! Also, the fact that the Fujisaki's Coach lost all four times to her (much like Shinobu's record to Arata lol) is another big hurdle to digest.

Arata sweeps up yet another high-profile player, meanwhile. Who would've thought his one apparent weakness is the lack of contesting ability though lol.

This is some arc! Can't wait for more! 2 more episodes yet again for next week is a serious blessing! :D
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 30, 2019 9:51 AM

Nov 2018
I haven't said it before but the OP is good.
Shiroyama with his pins lmao.
That top-class orator updating his twitter lol.
The Chihayafuru card is epic, I remember it always being so. The collision was a really intense point.
"Make him do that condescending laugh of his!" lmao.
Chihaya beat the runner-up for the master, that was very cool.
Next match seems tough for Chihaya, the opponent is very formidable.
And I said it before it too but I really like the ED song.
Oct 30, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2015
ayy finally got some of that hype buildup music at the end for a fun matchup next ep. is that new ost? or has it just been a while since i've last watched s2
Oct 30, 2019 10:25 AM
May 2017
This episode was awesome! All the intensity & feels! + Wow! Chihaya looks so beautiful in that hakama!
Oct 30, 2019 10:50 AM

May 2019
Chihaya is against the former queen. She'll probably lose the first few cards, then fall into desperation, then remember that time when she played with Arata, then get inspired and give her all but lose by 5-10 cards, like she always does when she faces important opponents. I really hope she wins this time, though. One can dream. My dream is seeing Chihaya win the first card. And then maybe even winning the match!

I feel Taichi vs Arata coming, though. (if it doesn't happen in this tournament then I'll be disappointed) I can't wait.
bluninjaNov 4, 2019 10:13 AM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 30, 2019 12:15 PM
Oct 2013
It's been a few years since I heard Arata but it sounded like his accent felt more forced than before, or maybe I'm mixing it up with the live action version.
Oct 30, 2019 4:35 PM

Jul 2014
I spent the whole episode with a huge smile on my face, crying tears of joy. I'm so happy Chihayafuru is back, the beginning of this season was perfect.
Oct 30, 2019 5:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
BitterBones said:
That top-class orator updating his twitter lol.

I know right, I found that to be mad hilarious too. Poor Kana-chan xD, I didn’t know you could just sit there right beside the reader as a viewer.

Oct 30, 2019 6:12 PM

Nov 2017
It feels great to have Chihaya back on track . Chihaya has to face a former queen now, going to show what she has to be a queen

KiryuHanabiOct 30, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 30, 2019 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
SIXSIDES said:
It's been a few years since I heard Arata but it sounded like his accent felt more forced than before, or maybe I'm mixing it up with the live action version.

Nope. Hosoyan nailed it yet again. He couldn't have done a better job at Fukui accent being someone from the South!

_MushiRock11_ said:
Awesome episode once again!

Chihaya and the Shiranami Society are on fire, oh yeah! Seeing the Coach and the Senior give Taichi a moment of respite and support there was so touching as well! And then Chihaya's dominant play to top it off, great stuff! I want to see Chihaya win this competition or at least proceed to the next stage after beating the former Queen.

Damn, that Queen though. Hearing is a great tool no doubt, lol @ poor Fujisaki's Coach, but being able to match Chihaya's pace is quite something. And she's been out of the game for a few years, boy the next round is going to be crazy! Also, the fact that the Fujisaki's Coach lost all four times to her (much like Shinobu's record to Arata lol) is another big hurdle to digest.

Arata sweeps up yet another high-profile player, meanwhile. Who would've thought his one apparent weakness is the lack of contesting ability though lol.

You may want to switch to Inokuma-san (instead of former queen) and Sakurazawa-sensei (instead of Fujisaki's coach) because they become very important in the story! Actually, you can already tell that they will so it's not a spoiler or anything. :P

Also, Arata is above Shinobu in Karuta. So, him beating Yuumin was a given. It was because she kept on contesting the cards that the difference was smaller than what it should have been.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 31, 2019 12:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
You may want to switch to Inokuma-san (instead of former queen) and Sakurazawa-sensei (instead of Fujisaki's coach) because they become very important in the story! Actually, you can already tell that they will so it's not a spoiler or anything. :P

Also, Arata is above Shinobu in Karuta. So, him beating Yuumin was a given. It was because she kept on contesting the cards that the difference was smaller than what it should have been.

Ah okay, thanks for the heads-up! I’m personally intrigued by both of these characters so I’m looking forward to more of them!

What, seriously? Isn’t the Queen at the highest position tied with the King in terms of recognition? Besides, wasn’t it a blessing of luck (her being ill) which helped him to overcome her solid iron guard so I reckon the times have somewhat changed, no?

Oct 31, 2019 12:13 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, Chihaya sure doesn’t have much luck drawing the Master’s Finalist and Ex-Queen in back-to-back matches.
Oct 31, 2019 5:10 AM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
shanimebib said:

Ah okay, thanks for the heads-up! I’m personally intrigued by both of these characters so I’m looking forward to more of them!

What, seriously? Isn’t the Queen at the highest position tied with the King in terms of recognition? Besides, wasn’t it a blessing of luck (her being ill) which helped him to overcome her solid iron guard so I reckon the times have somewhat changed, no?

Not the status or ranking but pure playing of Karuta. Remeber that Quuen and Meijin titles are not shared by men and women and hence the names. Probably at some point of history, top 3 female players were better than the Meijin of their time. Just a situation for an example.

Remember that Arata's Karuta is likenened to Chihayaburu (one dakuten different from the very title of the story) which refers to perfection in motion. He is also considered by a large number of people of the game as the only one who can dethrone Suou. But just because his Karuta is perfection, it doesn't mean he is unbeatable. An example was how he didn't contest the cards and it drained out his energy.

Arata also returned to Karuta after a long hiatus when Shinobu caught that cold so he was rusty himself. It would have been otherwise if she hadn't but it won't be an exaggeration to say a Perfect Arata will probably always beat a Perfect Shinobu.
Coronavirus.
Oct 31, 2019 5:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Not the status or ranking but pure playing of Karuta. Remember that Queen and Meijin titles are not shared by men and women and hence the names. Probably at some point of history, top 3 female players were better than the Meijin of their time. Just a situation for an example.

Oh, I see, that's a great point! I feel like Sakurazawa-sensei hinted at this to a certain extent when she said something about the times and luck when answering to Mizusawa Advisor's question now.

shanimebib said:
Remember that Arata's Karuta is likenened to Chihayaburu (one dakuten different from the very title of the story) which refers to perfection in motion. He is also considered by a large number of people of the game as the only one who can dethrone Suou. But just because his Karuta is perfection, it doesn't mean he is unbeatable. An example was how he didn't contest the cards and it drained out his energy.

Ah, makes sense. Chihayaburu is a big give-away too, yeah now that I think about it. Also, just having re-watched Season 2, I totally get what you mean.

shanimebib said:
Arata also returned to Karuta after a long hiatus when Shinobu caught that cold so he was rusty himself. It would have been otherwise if she hadn't but it won't be an exaggeration to say a Perfect Arata will probably always beat a Perfect Shinobu.

Right, I'll take you up on that. Arata's coolness and composure, I feel, could be a decisive factor in that 'perfect' match after all, for one thing.

Nov 1, 2019 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
OH MAN OH MAN. This tournament's getting good :D So good to see how everyone's grown - Chihaya learning from using her left hand, Taichi getting some support from his society mates, and of course the former queen! Gonna be an intense match between her and Chihaya. Not to mention that conversation between Taichi and Arata during the break ... oh man, some fantastic voice acting there, I could really feel Taichi's jealousy and anger at himself >_< I also love having Coach Sakurazawa and her knowledge as well, and man, that part with even Miyauchi coming on and seeing that Chihaya wrote she wanted to be a high school teacher ... ALL THE FEELS. Can't wait for next week's episode!!! :O
Nov 1, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2017
These matches were exciting and there's more to come! Taichi's conversation with Arata was thrilling as well, his feelings are understandable, but I love Arata's calmness. I am looking forward to next week's two episodes!
Nov 1, 2019 3:09 PM
May 2019
I NEEDED this episode. I'm so ready for Chihaya to test her skills/strength against the former Queen who takes Chihaya's best card as quickly as Chihaya takes it herself. That's gonna be a really intense match!

Also, I'm in need of some more Arata, man.... lol
Nov 1, 2019 4:07 PM

Jan 2011
one thing i don't miss is taichi behaving like a lil bitch when there's any chance of arata and chihaya interacting
Nov 1, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2019
wank said:
one thing i don't miss is taichi behaving like a lil bitch when there's any chance of arata and chihaya interacting

thank god im not the only one getting annoyed by that lol
Nov 1, 2019 6:48 PM

Mar 2019
It's so damn good to have this show back, can't wait for chihayas next match up!!
Nov 3, 2019 1:52 AM

Dec 2014
Karuto match again...so much tension and former queen also participating
Nov 3, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2009
Now that Arata actually gets to speak as an adult a little more I noticed HOW ANNOYING HIS VOICE IS GEESUS.
I really dont like how he finishes his sentences:
hokooooooooooooo~
araaaaaaaaaaaaa~
da-neeeeeeeeeee~

Anyway this show is amazing and Im glad to be watching again. Its been ages.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 4, 2019 5:57 AM
Nov 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
Chihaya is against the former queen. She'll probably lose the first few cards, then fall into desperation, then remember that time when she played with Arata, then get inspired and give her all but lose by 5-10 cards, like she always does when she faces important opponents. I really hope she wins this time, though. One can dream. My dream is seeing Chihaya win the first car. And then maybe even winning the match!

I feel Taichi vs Arata coming, though. (if it doesn't happen in this tournament then I'll be disappointed) I can't wait.
Well chihaya doesnt always win and that formula doesnt happen all the time. This formula didnt happen in the match against the selection for the tornmament against the queen in season 1 and the final match in the team finals. And she has won the first card multiple times against her opponents and she loses alot of important matches and when she does win its never always that formula.
Sorry for the long comment just voicing a disagreement against an opinion i dont believe to be true.
Nov 4, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
nanimeanswhat said:
Chihaya is against the former queen. She'll probably lose the first few cards, then fall into desperation, then remember that time when she played with Arata, then get inspired and give her all but lose by 5-10 cards, like she always does when she faces important opponents. I really hope she wins this time, though. One can dream. My dream is seeing Chihaya win the first car. And then maybe even winning the match!

Well chihaya doesnt always win and that formula doesnt happen all the time. This formula didnt happen in the match against the selection for the tornmament against the queen in season 1 and the final match in the team finals. And she has won the first card multiple times against her opponents and she loses alot of important matches and when she does win its never always that formula.
Sorry for the long comment just voicing a disagreement against an opinion i dont believe to be true.

When she's facing stronger opponents, she always loses the first card. And we can confidently say that she has sucked in individual tournaments so far. This is actually the first time she has come this far in an individual component (she usually loses in her 2nd or 3rd match max), so I have hope that she might win against this woman. And whether she wins or loses, she always loses the first card against strong opponents, and this woman is damn strong, so she'll lose her first card.

"when she does win its never always that formula."

That's her losing formula though :D
Nov 4, 2019 10:26 AM
Nov 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

When she's facing stronger opponents, she always loses the first card. And we can confidently say that she has sucked in individual tournaments so far. This is actually the first time she has come this far in an individual component (she usually loses in her 2nd or 3rd match max), so I have hope that she might win against this woman. And whether she wins or loses, she always loses the first card against strong opponents, and this woman is damn strong, so she'll lose her first card.

"when she does win its never always that formula."

That's her losing formula though :D
I'm a bit confused, you said that this was her winning formula and that Arata was involved every time, and that only happened once.

If losing the card first against a stronger opponent one that is more skilled than her than that is very believable and she loses like you said but there are times that she wins when loosing the first card, so there is a variation and if there is a difference in result and the beginning is similar than there ceases to be a forumla.
Nov 4, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:

I'm a bit confused, you said that this was her winning formula and that Arata was involved every time, and that only happened once.

If losing the card first against a stronger opponent one that is more skilled than her than that is very believable and she loses like you said but there are times that she wins when loosing the first card, so there is a variation and if there is a difference in result and the beginning is similar than there ceases to be a forumla.

Nope I said this is her losing formula. See:

"She'll probably lose the first few cards, then fall into desperation, then remember that time when she played with Arata, then get inspired and give her all but lose by 5-10 cards, like she always does when she faces important opponents. "

I don't think you understood me. Yes, she sometimes wins after losing the first few cards, but I didn't say anything about that. In every single individual tournament she participated in, she got eliminated with the same losing formula I wrote, over and over and over again. (happened in the 1st season since the 2nd one was focused on the group tournament)

Anyways. Let's wait and see.
Nov 4, 2019 2:26 PM
Oct 2013
Such a great episode with a great cliffhanger of an ending. Didn't realise we're going to get another two episodes this week, so hopefully that'll be the entirety of Chihaya's match with the ex-queen! It's going to be so good *_* Loving the third season so far.
Nov 4, 2019 10:02 PM
Nov 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

"She'll probably lose the first few cards, then fall into desperation, then remember that time when she played with Arata, then get inspired and give her all but lose by 5-10 cards, like she always does when she faces important opponents. "

I don't think you understood me. Yes, she sometimes wins after losing the first few cards, but I didn't say anything about that. In every single individual tournament she participated in, she got eliminated with the same losing formula I wrote, over and over and over again. (happened in the 1st season since the 2nd one was focused on the group tournament)

yeah I clearly misunderstood but this formula for being a losing formula is also inconsistent as when she won against Reina in the finals of the team tournament she lost the first few cards and won. So this formula of loosing the first few cards also works in the winning aspect, since this variation can apply for different outcomes as shown by the series it isn't formulaic. So her loosing the first few cards and loosing the entire match isn't necessarily the prescribed formula. And in the first season there was a match where she was on equal footing with her opponent and then she got a confidence boost (the opponent) and won the match against chihaya. And in the first season she never taught about Arata during her matches that happened during the second.

She even lost by 23 cards, this supposed set formula is too arbitrary to be considered a formula.
Nov 5, 2019 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
Losing the first card isn't a matter of 'formula', it's the fact that if you're going to introduce a strong player, you want to show how they take cards as soon as possible. (And Chihaya's strengths and weaknesses have been cunningly chosen to make this not too surprising.)
Nov 5, 2019 8:45 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was very dynamic, the meetings were full of tension and former Queen Inokuma to be a latent threat, the same with Arata

It is good to see that Arata and Taichi get along despite the distance, it is fun to hear them talk about strategies to memorize the cards, but after Arata mentioned that he wants to form a club just like Chihaya and him, the conversation changed tone.

Chihaya and Taichi had very interesting and skilled opponents, especially Chihaya, but that little encounter with Inokuma made it clear that at some point they would face each other.
Sudo is a dirty player, really looking to win at any cost, it hurt me to see Rion facing this scumbag, but even so Rion gives him a good fight

When Inokuma was young, she was very cute, I love her eyes, they have an intensity that intimidates and obviously Sakurazawa is very well maintained, I feel that she has not changed anything, she is still a beautiful woman.

Arata, Chihaya and Taichi win their matches and move on to the next round, but now Chihaya will have to face Inokuma and I am sure it will be an intense encounter between these two talented women.
Nov 6, 2019 4:01 AM

May 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
nanimeanswhat said:

yeah I clearly misunderstood but this formula for being a losing formula is also inconsistent as when she won against Reina in the finals of the team tournament she lost the first few cards and won. So this formula of loosing the first few cards also works in the winning aspect, since this variation can apply for different outcomes as shown by the series it isn't formulaic. So her loosing the first few cards and loosing the entire match isn't necessarily the prescribed formula. And in the first season there was a match where she was on equal footing with her opponent and then she got a confidence boost (the opponent) and won the match against chihaya. And in the first season she never taught about Arata during her matches that happened during the second.

She even lost by 23 cards, this supposed set formula is too arbitrary to be considered a formula.

Nooo you still didn't get my point lol
I'm talking only about individual tournaments. I've never said losing the first card equals losing the match, but even when she wins she usually loses the first few cards. And that's why everyone says she gets better as the game progresses because the more one-syllable cards are on the field, the better she does. What I wrote is what usually happens in her individual matches, not always, but most of the time.

And please, don't be so serious and offensive all the time, we're discussing anime, not politics. Chill a little. We can have different opinions, that's natural.
bluninjaNov 6, 2019 4:09 AM
Nov 6, 2019 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
Two Chihayafuru cards colliding was a nice touch, a sign of things to come.
Nov 10, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2012
Haha I don't really remember the curly hairpin guy, but he's interesting xD

Aww I'm liking this "silent" style Chihaya already, without excessive movement she'll have more stamina

Damn against former Queen already, the music is way too good
I'm lovin this, I need more episodes fast xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 12, 2019 1:34 PM
Aug 2011
lol at Sudo being such an asshole to Rion, poor Rion... and Dr. Harada playing against the little girl
Nov 13, 2019 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
stand said:
lol at Sudo being such an asshole to Rion, poor Rion...

Isn't that why we love our resident Onigiri-girl?! Rion <3
Coronavirus.
Nov 17, 2019 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
i forgot how hype this anime gets, seriously... so excited for this next match with Chihaya and the cat eye lady. they seem to be a similar type of player. i really hope Chiyaha wins this time because this lady isn't even in her prime anymore. the cat eye design and spiky hair ends really remind me of a character from a different anime but i can't quite place it

oh man these episodes fly by so fast, i'm scared that we'll be left on a cliffhanger
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2019 4:12 AM

May 2016
Now that was an intense matches we had, I can't wait to see who is going to win.

Arata is still calm as ever, and Chihaya's new silent Kauruta style is definitely best for her, and use it against the queen.
Nov 27, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2013
I still don't like Yumin's attitude. Good that she lost. ;-)

Haruka is cool, I like her. Talented and she cares for her family. And her huge eyes are charmful. :D

Fighting with an ex-queen is gonna be really hard for Chihaya. I wonder if she will win her match.
Nov 28, 2019 7:06 AM
Nov 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

I'm talking only about individual tournaments. I've never said losing the first card equals losing the match, but even when she wins she usually loses the first few cards. And that's why everyone says she gets better as the game progresses because the more one-syllable cards are on the field, the better she does. What I wrote is what usually happens in her individual matches, not always, but most of the time.

And please, don't be so serious and offensive all the time, we're discussing anime, not politics. Chill a little. We can have different opinions, that's natural.
I still dont get the formula, if doesn't happen all the time then it isnt a formula, she has won matches even without losing the first few cards in individual tournaments usually against people she has more experience than.

I am being serious but I'm not being offensive I'm just arguing, what you're stating isnt an opinion though but a factual technical statement, you're stating that there is a formula the series follows and adheres too and that isnt an opinion cause it has nothing to do with liking or hating it. It based on evidence the show presents, but you've also adjusted what the actual formula is throughout the discussion, so if you could explicitly state the proper formula and point instances where it's been used than I can understand and agree.
Nov 28, 2019 8:14 AM

May 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
nanimeanswhat said:

I still dont get the formula, if doesn't happen all the time then it isnt a formula, she has won matches even without losing the first few cards in individual tournaments usually against people she has more experience than.

I am being serious but I'm not being offensive I'm just arguing, what you're stating isnt an opinion though but a factual technical statement, you're stating that there is a formula the series follows and adheres too and that isnt an opinion cause it has nothing to do with liking or hating it. It based on evidence the show presents, but you've also adjusted what the actual formula is throughout the discussion, so if you could explicitly state the proper formula and point instances where it's been used than I can understand and agree.

Forget it. The point obviously flies over your head and at this point, I've given up explaining. Just read again, I think I've been clear enough. Or don't read. I didn't adjust what I previously said, I just tried to detail things and explain more thoroughly so that you could understand but you're still stuck at the "formula" part. You called it a formula first, I haven't said it's a "factual technical statement" or anything. It's not that deep. We're discussing anime, for god's sake. I said "usually", you know the meaning of that word, mate. Let's not argue further. I'm tired.
bluninjaNov 28, 2019 8:18 AM
Nov 28, 2019 9:55 AM
Nov 2015
nanimeanswhat said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Forget it. The point obviously flies over your head and at this point, I've given up explaining. Just read again, I think I've been clear enough. Or don't read. I didn't adjust what I previously said, I just tried to detail things and explain more thoroughly so that you could understand but you're still stuck at the "formula" part. You called it a formula first, I haven't said it's a "factual technical statement" or anything. It's not that deep. We're discussing anime, for god's sake. I said "usually", you know the meaning of that word, mate. Let's not argue further.

Your first comment stated this:
Chihaya faces strong opponent-lose first few cards fall into desperation- remember arata gets inspired - still looses by 5 - 10 cards.

Here you didn't mention individual matches and the arata moment only happened in one instance.

The second comment is when you specify individual tournaments and that it's a losing formula , in every single individual tournament, so hence was either a modification or a clarification, regardless in the last point of my reply debunks that as in the first season she plays against someone in equal footing and looses in the individual tournament.

But I did make the mistake of considering team tournaments so you clarified me in your third comment but you also changed from every single instance to most instances.

That's not how a formula works , a formula is a repetitive plot structure where the set, progression and conclusion matches all the time in a plot event with different characters.

What you've stated is merely a possibility not a standard formula in the story a possibility that can happen to address conflict.

Like take your first comment, and include the specification of individual tournament instead of special matches, that is one possibility that happened only once in the series.

Jan 26, 2020 11:02 AM
Jun 2013
Taichi is such an over sensitive prick. Geez I cannot stand this guy. I want Arata to crush him mercilessly.

Introduces former Queen
Me: Oh, yeah! I can't wait to see Chihaya lose against her! [sarcasm].

These are the only two things I dislike about this story. 1. Taichi 2. Chihaya rarely wins against important opponents; every new opponent she always loses the first card (it's just too predictable and 3 seasons in I'm tired of seeing it.)

I Love the character development with all of the other characters, though.
Apr 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Apr 2016
Oooh a new character, and a former queen at that! She's gonna prove to be fierce competition in the future I'm sure! It was nice seeing Taichi and Arata talk to each other, but it didn't end too well unfortunately.

Lmao the dude with the hairpins

So many great matches this episode. I loved it.
Apr 24, 2020 4:14 PM

Sep 2019
Those eyes of hers were so big. But, she's beautiful and she's a former queen too!

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.