Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2008 12:10 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode! Loved the beggining part with Morita chasing Hagu xD
Also, poor Yamada T_T. I really hope she hooks with someone (maybe Nomiya), if Mayama doesn't let go of Rika, and moves to Yamada.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:46 AM
Apr 21, 2008 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
yes, exactly. great way to start the episode. again, morita was hilarious xD
Im probably going to start counting my hicups since it takes a long time for it to disapear...
anyway, yamada ;-;
everytime her story comes out it makes me cry. I absolutely hope she gets over him and hooks up with nomiya.
as for mayama x yamada, for me, no more. he just made her cry too much.
May 13, 2008 8:19 AM

Mar 2008
finally a development to the mayama x rika front!! they jus kind left it half-way in season 1. they better get together soon. and yamada would get over mayama ~~ she deserves someone better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2008 9:53 PM

Dec 2007
omg pro begging, morita is so silly

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Sep 13, 2008 1:14 AM

Jan 2008
Morita counting down to Hagu's death XD

Yamada ;__;
Dec 7, 2008 4:37 AM

Oct 2007
LOL drink water from the opposite end of the cup is NOT working.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 27, 2009 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
I died man, I thought I was the only one that drinking from the other side of the cup worked for!

Ah, Morita, I love your strange personality.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
May 13, 2009 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
hahahah! hiccups, drink from the other side of the cup! HAHAHA! that's like the first thing that happened in the episode and already i was laughing. hahaha! and morita chasing hagu! ahahaha.. and woah! takemoto clotheslining morita like that!!! wow! he really is manly now.. haha

anyway.. UGH!!! AYU NOT AGAIN!!! i was actually sorry for her from the very start of the first season but now, honestly, she's just getting pathetic! FORGET ABOUT MAYAMA ALREADY!!! NOMIYA! I LIKE NOMIYA!! :((
May 14, 2009 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
Yes Takemoto is quite manly now ^^ Morita is so hilarious and Hagu-chan is so cute~

Ayu is so pretty ): I'm kinda sad that she's still chasing Mayama and hurting herself like that... It's pretty obvious that Rika likes him, so... Don't do this anymore, baby, let it go ):

I hope Nomiya is a good man to her and won't play with her feelings, she really needs somebody like that ^^

Mmmmm I knew about the sugary water method, but didn't really try it. I just let it be hahaha xD

Jun 17, 2009 9:55 AM

Jan 2008
I liked how everyone had their own way of dealing with hiccups. =) At home, we used to eat sugar cubes X3 So, that's a bit like Mayama's solution.

I think Ayu's finally getting there. I'm happy she's working so hard to let go of Mayama. =D

Btw, is it just me or does Ayu look a bit different from last season? o.O

Jul 3, 2009 11:34 AM

Mar 2009
Morita was sooo funny he is a truly great comedy character. I want Yamada to be happy and I want her to get over Mayama its kinda hard to see her suffer in every episode.

Aug 14, 2009 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
Saorin said:
Btw, is it just me or does Ayu look a bit different from last season? o.O

She definitely is! I've noticed that two. In the 1st season she was more like a childish girl (with perfect legs, however), and now she's more pretty and more like a young woman.
And Mayama, he's taller and more mature.

And btw, even Hagu not all little korobokkoru or a little kawaii girl all the time, at times she's just like a young woman too! The best this is seen after Takemoto cured her from hiccups and she looked at him.

Also, the ep is torturing me! I want Morita&Hagu and Yamada&Nomiya, but in the episode it all goes not that way, yarrrr!
Oct 31, 2009 10:39 AM

Mar 2009
Hiccup... count down to death, ahhah, That my favorite scence for this episode :D
Nov 9, 2009 5:28 PM

May 2007
CLOTHESLINE! \m/

Mar 27, 2010 11:49 PM

Mar 2010
Takemoto is manly now! Love him!

I seriously hope that him and Hagu hook up!

lol, Morita is counting down Hagu's death! xD

So mean!
Jun 21, 2010 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
I loved the MoritaxHagu moment!

Watching Yamada is really painful though, because I've went through the same experience. It truly is horrible..

The thing which bothered me in this episode is Morita's conversation with his brother. Something just doesn't seem right there. I hope he doesn't disappear again, it isn't the same without him!
Aug 28, 2010 11:41 AM

Jan 2010
Morita is still the same, yeah!
and i'm seeing that this season have more drama than the first, this is good, in some way.
Aug 29, 2010 1:47 PM

Dec 2009
I still think there's no way Morita x Hagu. He just can't make her happy and know it. And... I think friendship is more important for him.

Yamada? It seems like there's no more way Yamada x Mayama. It's obviously Rika-san is the only light for him. Yamada x Nomiya? Hope Nomiya will be back soon.
Jan 18, 2011 11:50 PM
Nov 2009
nawww I feel sorry for Yamada ;c
Apr 7, 2011 5:44 AM

Dec 2010
So from this episode, we can tell that Takemoto isn't really the main character anymore...although it's really nice to see more deelopment on the Mayama x Rika front. In fact, I know someone who used to be a lot like Rika, but changed recently...I miss the old one :-(
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Feb 5, 2012 10:15 AM

May 2010
LOL. Morita already caught me laughing when he appeared. XD

I don't know whom to root for but it's up to Hagu and felt happy that somehow she already noticed Takemoto.

Also, Mayama and Rika development was nice although painful for Yamada.

Must remember those things about hiccups solution. :D
May 17, 2012 7:24 PM

Nov 2011
Just get over him Yamada, there's way better guys out there tbh.
May 17, 2012 10:33 PM
Mar 2011
I really like how they kept both Yuki and Suneohair as the artist for the opening and ending themes.

Definitely agree that Yamada needs to get over Mayama but unfortunately it isn't that easy to get over someone you love so much.
Was also wondering if Yamada looked different and yea she looks much more mature now as does everyone else!
Jun 18, 2012 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
Ayu is a masochist. But Morita is right. Maybe it's what Ayu needs to get over Mayama. Now it's being hinted that Rika and Mayama like each other. It's so sad.

It seems that Morita is anxious about what's going on between Hagu and Takemoto. But he and his brother is saving up for something? I wonder what it is. If he continues acting this way, he might lose Hagu.
Jul 13, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
This broke my heart. I feel so bad for Yamada... I hope she finds happiness in Nomiya.
Nov 18, 2012 5:11 AM

May 2012
Great episode but very sad for Yamada! I really hope they come to a clear decision in the future!

And lol those hiccups tricks I should try them as well :p The chopstick one seemed interesting ^^
May 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Funny how everyone has their own way of dealing with hiccups XD

Yamada working for Rika is a complicated situation. Seeing Mayama and Rika together is exactly how Morita put it – she’s going to have the image of the two of them together burned in her memory and it’s going to make her cry. I’ve said this before but Morita really does have everyone figured out and interacts with them in an extermely caring but subtle way. Yamada also learns that Rika likes Mayama very much due to the fact that they don’t talk much. Even though she’s denying it now, I have a feeling she will tell him (at least I hope!).

Takemoto is taking Hagu ignoring him well. He himself said that he knew what the response would be but he wouldn’t take back telling her. This season is looking to be so promising! I’m really excited to continue with this series.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 29, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2008
If the hiccups is bad, I'll hold my breath for awhile.
-----------------

Mayama's love for Rika is kind of creepy :P
He's like a stalker.

Sep 20, 2013 7:42 PM
Jan 2013
I love all the remedies for hiccoughs.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 1, 2014 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
The hiccup thing was pretty entertaining throughout. . May give those solutions a try in the future xD I felt bad for Yamada..I admire her bravery for confronting and working with both Rika and Mayama. Hopefully she gets over him and moves on with her life. She really deserves better.
Dec 16, 2014 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
Man how hard is it to get rid of hiccups in Japan? I get hiccups all the time and I find the easiest way to get rid of them is to just drink regular old water. Yep. That's it. Just constantly drink water with stopping until you feel your diaphragm "reset". You'll feel as if something is stuck in your chest just suddenly go away. That's when you know your hiccups are gone. You can also just hold your breath, but I find that that method is less reliable.
Dec 17, 2014 2:08 AM

Nov 2011
I usually hold my breath for as long as I can, take a quick breath and down some fluid, then hold my breath as long as I can again (extending as necessary depending on how stubborn the hiccups are).

Takemoto can go toe to toe with Morita's antics now. Lol!

Excellent start. You can already tell that the sequel will be more dramatic. Even Morita had some serious moments. The tension with Mayama, Yamada, and Rika is strong. I'm glad Yamada is using this as a way to move on. I can't help but sympathize with her.

Also, I found it interesting that Rika is quiet with those she likes- I'm very similar; just sitting together comfortably in silence seems like a wonderful thing to do with someone you love. It got me to empathize with her more than I usually do.
Apr 17, 2015 11:26 PM
Mar 2015
Wow, Hagu really looks more adult-like.

Why is Takemoto acting like Hagu already rejected him? :(
Ok, i am so done with MayamaxYamada. I mean, come on, somebody needs to put an end to her suffering. If Mayama cant get over Rika completely; if he cant see Yamada as his one and only then dont even bother, please! Yamada deserves somebody who will cherish and see only her. If Mayama cant fill the role then i nominate Nomiya.
Can it be that Rika actually loves him? I doubt so, since she always has her husband image before her eyes.
Apr 21, 2015 5:28 AM

Aug 2014
I think the story of a love triangle between Ayu-Mayama-Rika is the most interesting in this anime. To be sure, I support Ayu and Mayama, whereas Rika with Sensei.
Jun 13, 2015 8:29 AM

Jul 2009
Please give up Ayu! You deserve better! I wonder what Hagu is thinking...
Jun 29, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
ei dawg dat aint kool wat hapund to yahmahdah's hair???
Jul 2, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
Shinobu chasing Hagu was mean lol.

It was funny when they had hiccups.

Ayumi hanging out with Rika nd Takumi is weird.
Jan 16, 2017 11:20 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting home remedies to the hiccups.
And more Yamada hurting.
Jan 19, 2017 8:25 AM

Feb 2008
Morita still remains the ultimate troll, meanwhile Yamada's agony continues. Those are some rather novel solutions to hiccups, however...
Apr 12, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Hiccups should be the name of this episode.
Feb 21, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2016
It's nice to have a second season of Hachimitsu to Clover. The lovely atmosphere, the great characters and the songs of Spitz popping up in the middle of the episode, I just love it. Maybe not the best series ever made but definitely an extraordinary series which makes me think about life.
Mar 30, 2018 8:40 AM

May 2015
Rika Hiccups are so cute. :D

Morita is still best. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Feb 2018
At this point, as far as couples go, I'd like to see it play out like this:

MoritaXYamada
HaguXTakemoto
MayamaXRika
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Nov 28, 2020 4:38 PM

Jul 2020
I feel bad for Yamada for being hurt and seeing the man she love with someone else but I agree with Morita, even if it hurts her if that’s the way for her to move on, then it’s ok to be hurt and cry.
Dec 24, 2020 10:04 AM

Nov 2018
These 2 just can't get over their feelings , huh?
The difference is Rika needs Mayama and she subcounsciosly understands it , while Yamada is just stuck in a loop for TOOOOO long. Even though it's a part of her character , it kinda start to annoy me already , because I know these type of people IRL and they really have a hard time changing something that was with them for a long time , be it a habit or a feeling ...
I hate everyone equally
Jun 16, 2021 7:14 AM

Jan 2021
Poor Yamada…
She deserves better
Mar 15, 2022 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
Yamada.. you can't just accept it and move on just because you see them together, it will crush your heart even more so people don't do anything of this sort unless you enjoy some sweat painful scars that will take very long time to heal if ever
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jan 13, 2023 12:45 PM

May 2018
ayo is Morita-san and his bro about to do something retarded again lol

Anyways Hagu-chan is definitely in love with Takemoto now. But of course we have 11 episodes left so the confession won't be returned for a long time yet...
Feb 10, 2023 7:03 PM

May 2022
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I hate to see my Yamada cry. I would give anything to prevent her from feeling any sort of pain. But she has to get over this jerk. Mayama is a sociopath. He is an abuser and a stalker. Will this do it? Will Yamada finally be able to forget that jerk?

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.