Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2019 6:04 PM

Feb 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought it was pretty good, one thing I kept in mind the entire movie was that those guys from the Perfect Jade place were really flippin weird lol
Jun 7, 2020 7:50 AM

Nov 2014
I am kind of impressed that Chinese animation is starting to rise. I don't know if there are more movies like this. Hopefully more with success of Ne Zha and upcoming Legend of Deification.

Aug 31, 2020 4:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Second donghua movie that got a chance to be listed here.

Well, my comment might had some exaggeration. But, nevermind my newbie thought that somehow having trouble to compared such a thing. But this show really give me a great enjoyment. Idk. Maybe i had a little knowledge about donghua? Maybe yes, my lists of this type of show shall be enough to judge my drunken commentary. However, without any shit word i accidentally blurt it out, to be short, here is my detailed scores for every aspects.

Overall my scores goes to a 8.5/10 at max. A nice movie with a good impact if you love some kind of heavy drama romance with the myth and fantasy theme on it. If only they had a better condition in the end, i shall be glad to raise up my thing on some section scores. But, well, thats happened. I can't do anything to changed my tastes. So, thats all for me!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 13, 2021 5:10 AM

May 2018
I was very Impressed by the movie, its art is very beautiful and mesmerizing and plot was pretty decent too. Being my second Chinese animation movie after ne zha

Mar 11, 2022 5:23 AM
Nov 2021
This was much better than I expected,especially the animation.Might have to give more Chinese animation movies a chance
Jul 29, 2022 12:20 PM

Oct 2017
Well, it was nice.
But, watching this just after seeing the live-action movie few days prior, it was a totally different story...
Nov 29, 2022 3:30 PM
Feb 2022
Crazy good! 🤩
Only things which I didn't quite like are (i) their disproportionately big eyes and (ii) cartoonish faces.
Glad the story is quite different from the original; else it'll be a bore to watch a rehase of the same old story again.
Well, will be watching the sequel, "Green Snake" next!
Jan 15, 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
after seeing a notif for a third movie in the series coming up, I went back to this after having seen the sequel Green Snake some time ago and planning to eventually get to it.

It's very loosely connected, and not quite as good as Green Snake, however it's still enjoyable and worth the watch!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.