Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 908 Discussion

Oct 26, 5:59 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode overall, the pacing was better than the last ones we were getting and seeing such an impoverished population finally getting some happiness was fantastic.

Luffy's promise to the town and O-Tama felt as good as the manga. I also like how things are slowly building up, there were some added scenes near at the end but that was okay for the most part, I really didn't mind them.

The tombstones scene was well executed and how this episode ended was amazing.

Oct 26, 7:34 PM

I agree that the pacing was vastly superior than other episodes. I hope this trend continues. Even the mediocre amount of filler/padding was welcome. It was nice to actually relax and see people happy and enjoy life for once. It really added to the mood.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Oct 26, 8:12 PM

This episode really made me smile. Really loved how Luffy and the gang were able to provide the town with food and water.

It's one of Luffy's coolest moments, and I'm loving his relationship with Tama at the moment, so heartwarming. Probably why I won't take him off my list even if I watch 10000 anime, I will love Luffy forever even if I would be the only one. If there is zero favorites on him, know that I'm dead.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Oct 26, 8:25 PM

Hahaha Law was like "you're a pirate, why are you being so nice?" Gotta love Luffy. I guess we have to come to terms with this pacing, since I doubt that it will become any better. The ending was pretty unsettling...

Oct 26, 9:03 PM

When zoro says "I was stunned" you know shit is real. Hardly anything ever phases that man. This next shocking revelation will be one for the history books.

The Wano story is finally ramping up

Oct 26, 10:33 PM

Well this episode was okay, seeing all those children and people's happy faces was quite touching. Anyway that last part thou, now I'm really exited for the next episode.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Oct 26, 10:33 PM

WTF was that cliffhanger. Holy shit man.

Tama x Luffy part was so heartwarming. Luffy is such an awesome character.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, atleast should be sweet........ " - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

Oct 26, 10:50 PM

cchigu said:

5/5

You wouldn't believe the kind of theories that were circulated for a whole 2 weeks in the manga community fanbase lol. it was crazy. The next episode will reveal all and let me tell you. You'll have to sit down for this one.

Oct 26, 11:04 PM

Awesome episode! can't wait for the next one

Oct 27, 12:33 AM

Good episode, gonna miss Tama! But moving on and hopefully we can see more development in the coming episodes!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Oct 27, 1:00 AM
So, Luffy steal food. Give it to people who are like 1 kilometer away from the town. People know they should not eat the food but they eat it anyway.

Sure, people are happy, yeah...

Then, luffy and others just left, leaving them without any protection, yeah...

Considering the mentality of the town and pirate under Kaido (you know, there was this archer guy who wanted to kill the whole town before luffy arrive), the people who just ate the food should be either in prison or dead in a few hours.

But, hey, nice gesture from Luffy :) at least, they (probably) die after having a nice meal....

I'm hoping from some kind of consequence... otherwise, it's not realistic at all !

Oct 27, 1:00 AM

This episode didn't felt slow this time and I knew they going to censored things like a mom going to kill her baby and someone going to hang themselves.

Oct 27, 1:11 AM

This was a really happy episode and is what I love about One Piece. I really hope we get to see Tama again though, I was really attached to her.
Modified by Hakisak, Oct 27, 1:15 AM

Oct 27, 1:37 AM

Luffy: "we did a good thing"
Kiku: "you stole it"
Well actually he stole back what the beast pirates had stolen from the people (⌐■_■)

Looks like we are going to have some ghosts next episode, we all know how luffy handles paranormal things *flashback of him pushing the zombie down into the ground*
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Oct 27, 1:51 AM

Rukodaime91 said:
So, Luffy steal food. Give it to people who are like 1 kilometer away from the town. People know they should not eat the food but they eat it anyway.

Sure, people are happy, yeah...

Then, luffy and others just left, leaving them without any protection, yeah...

Considering the mentality of the town and pirate under Kaido (you know, there was this archer guy who wanted to kill the whole town before luffy arrive), the people who just ate the food should be either in prison or dead in a few hours.

But, hey, nice gesture from Luffy :) at least, they (probably) die after having a nice meal....

I'm hoping from some kind of consequence... otherwise, it's not realistic at all !

Yeah I was thinking the same, now the town is left without any protection since luffy and the rest left. The people in the town can only join the food for a short time and it would be more realistic if they were attacked by kaido pirates soon.

Oct 27, 2:47 AM

link9us said:
cchigu said:

5/5

You wouldn't believe the kind of theories that were circulated for a whole 2 weeks in the manga community fanbase lol. it was crazy. The next episode will reveal all and let me tell you. You'll have to sit down for this one.

I am trying to piece it together abit in my head.

Reckon the big nose master guy must have something to do with it all.

Why was Ace there in the first place?

What is Kiku's secret... so much stll to go down.

Oct 27, 3:00 AM

Better than the last few episodes I guess, not as much pointless screaming and standing around. Though more stills.

Oct 27, 3:39 AM

What am I missing? the pacing is still slow...they only adapted a little over half a chapter, not much happened...just fed the towns people then headed to the ruins of Oden Castle.

Oct 27, 4:58 AM

Good to see that the villagers can eat something for once. Hopefully this doesn't come back to hurt them.

Zoro being stunned makes this cliffhanger very interesting.

Oct 27, 5:36 AM

Seeing everyone so happy was really heartearming.

And the truth we're about to learn is indeed shocking.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Oct 27, 7:00 AM

Batman tanks Luffy's punch a few episodes ago,now Luffy crushes him with a giant buck of water LMAO.

anyway good episode Luffytaro's greatness.

Oct 27, 7:38 AM
Forum Moderator
If only we had at least this kind of pacing and filler scenes weekly, it would be nice. Really enjoyed all the heartwarming moments with the people finally receiving food. Loved how they ended the episode with that cliffhanger as well.

Oct 27, 10:44 AM

Oh Law....you still don't get Luffy do you...pirates can do whatever they want.

Oct 27, 10:45 AM

So, a really charming episode,
I even cried seeing the happiness of the people.
Luffy it's really getting mad with Kaido, it seems good stuff is about to come. This is truly the best anime ever.
LIVE THE LIFE ON YOUR WAY AND FUCK OFF THE REST OF THE WORLD ¬¬

Oct 27, 12:24 PM

FreshIngredient said:
What am I missing? the pacing is still slow...they only adapted a little over half a chapter, not much happened...just fed the towns people then headed to the ruins of Oden Castle.

It was slow but the studio cleverly filled it with more extended scenes to expand upon the bits of character story related to these people's predicaments and certain pandemic they face every day. So it kind of added more to that and also was a very charming and happy invigorating episode. Luffy was the clear star here. IN any case it was much better then previous episodes that only used recap as a means of padding out stuff. I am definitely ok with this.

Wano's story actually needs certain things extended just a bit, to add more impact to these situations which oda sadly to say there is many moments in this arc that felt a bit short lived. Now that were past what most people consider the worst of the wano arc with the sumo wrestling bit, i just hope it can maintain this kind of quality throughout the arc.
Modified by link9us, Oct 27, 12:27 PM

Oct 27, 3:29 PM

FreshIngredient said:

They also censored the woman about to kill the baby.

Oct 27, 3:45 PM

Great ep. though the pace was slow (as always). That commander was really tamed. I really thought she would snap out of it after a while, but it looks like she is Otama's servant. LOL. Poor Tra-guy. Each time they mentioned the stolen food he is being pissed and almost break out of rage. It's amazing he expected anything more from Luffy. It was at this moment he thought all hope was lost.

Another funny thing is how suspicious both Law and Zoro is (liked his creepy smile by the way - different style in the animation). The ending was mind blowing, though. Shocking as it is, but the dudes from Wano may be ghosts. Wow, now that's shocking. So in other words, nobody of that family may have survived. The preview somehow indicated that. Find out this and more in the next ep. of One Piece (DB nostalgia xD)!

Oct 27, 3:57 PM

BenRyan said:
FreshIngredient said:

And the rope. Damn you, Toei!

Oct 27, 4:04 PM

Rukodaime91 said:

This is shounen. That's won't probably happen. Good old shounen logic. If it was senin anime, the situation would be different. ^^

Oct 27, 4:43 PM

This episode was soo Great that I'm going to start reading wano kuni arc now because I can't wait a whole week ...
Demon Slayers ♤♡◇♧ 鬼滅の刃

Oct 27, 4:48 PM

mangalicker94 said:

BenRyan said:

It's no surprise though, I don't blame them for censoring that.

Oct 27, 9:05 PM

Law definitely is mad about the whole situation. I mean who can blame him, with all of what happened Jack is about to come and Kaido now also knows that Luffy and Co. are planning something.

That treasure ship was like heaven for all these people of the village. I don't even want to know the last time anyone of them ate or drank something. It's so funny how that Batman guy who gave Luffy and Zoro so much trouble got KO'd by that giant water bowl Luffy stole from him :D

Oh man, that Luffy x Tama moment. I loved it. Hopefully at sometime Tama will hear about Luffys and Aces relationship. I just want to see her reaction.

You can feel that from now on it will get pretty serious. That cliffhanger tho. What meaning do these gravestones have? I saw the names of Momonoske, Kinemon, Raizo, Kanjuro and Oden on them. But why? If even Zoro was amazed you know it must be something crazy. Zoro also seems to know about Okikos secret, what ever it is. A lot of interesting stuff. Can't wait to see what's on that mountain.

Oct 28, 4:09 AM

Lol Law being mad throughout the episode.

Loved the OST that played right after the intermission.

Oct 28, 7:02 AM

The eps lately make me cry. <333 Great episode!!! The next one's gonna be so good too!

Oct 28, 1:40 PM

twoego said:
mangalicker94 said:

It's no surprise though, I don't blame them for censoring that.

Yeah, it's understandable.

Oct 28, 3:16 PM

Not a fan of the censoring.

Oct 30, 11:54 AM

Law is roasted again and the village is saved

I'm curious to see what are they going to do when they reach Oden castle

Oct 30, 12:29 PM

lol Luffy going at his own pace

Nov 4, 2:07 AM

Op ep 908 is animated from mid 918. That:s all, half chapter stretched into 1 padded episode.
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

It seems the signature only updated if I do it manually
Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.

Nov 5, 9:18 PM

At times I felt the episode really slow, almost stopped. Hopefully, the story is gonna progress with Law inclusion in the main storyline, so a big secret to be revealed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 6, 2:53 AM
This episode was awesome but the ending was something else I can't wait for the next episode

Nov 8, 9:17 PM

Man Tama is just so fucking adorable. She's gonna get kidnapped again I just know it. Speed is still half human so the effects of her dango might be temporary or weak and Speed can snap out of it.