Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2019 5:49 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
I love this show. There's a waifu for everyone lul.

Seriously though, this is probably my favorite of the season, I like everything about it.
Love the fanservice and character design so much I even started playing the game, it's fun to hear some of their phrases ingame as well.
Nov 22, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2014
If anyone asks why this show gets hate, this one image should exemplify why:

The art is consistently in an inverse relationship to the story-boarding; there is a palpable lack of effort in both writing and art direction. There are no consequences. In this latest episode Enterprise dies, goes to the shipgirl netherworld, and then reawakens as a godlike siren where she then wipes the floor with most of the IJN fleet, in addition to taking out most of her own as collateral in her literal sea-jesus rebirth. All of this within three minutes, and rounded off by the pathetic death of Kaga who, near as I can tell, quite literally gets her soul turned off.

I have no words to sufficiently describe just how bad the writing is, and just how much of a joke enterprise is. She's now in the irregular in magic highschool territory for how wooden and overpowered of a character she is. And, like any classic Mary Sue, she has what amounts to an emotional breakdown when she's done wiping the floor with her opponents, because she has no character development, but she killed an enemy. Sad feels(TM).
Nov 22, 2019 9:30 PM

May 2018
firemagnet said:
If anyone asks why this show gets hate, this one image should exemplify why:

The art is consistently in an inverse relationship to the story-boarding; there is a palpable lack of effort in both writing and art direction. There are no consequences. In this latest episode Enterprise dies, goes to the shipgirl netherworld, and then reawakens as a godlike siren where she then wipes the floor with most of the IJN fleet, in addition to taking out most of her own as collateral in her literal sea-jesus rebirth. All of this within three minutes, and rounded off by the pathetic death of Kaga who, near as I can tell, quite literally gets her soul turned off.

I have no words to sufficiently describe just how bad the writing is, and just how much of a joke enterprise is. She's now in the irregular in magic highschool territory for how wooden and overpowered of a character she is. And, like any classic Mary Sue, she has what amounts to an emotional breakdown when she's done wiping the floor with her opponents, because she has no character development, but she killed an enemy. Sad feels(TM).

Yes, yes. We know that you're literally finding excuses to hate this show now.
Give it a rest already.
Nov 22, 2019 10:20 PM

May 2013
Tropisch said:
DarkwindJR said:
Sadly, the Normies/Haters from World of Warships have come just to hate on the show.

The World of Warships fanbase seem to have a huge hate for anime, so it's to be expected. A lot of them got angry when the game did a crossover with Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Those pathetic Heretics should burn.
Nov 22, 2019 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
I don't hate this anime but I also don't think it deserves a score higher than a 6, it's quite a mediocre anime.

After watching the first four episodes I decided to play the game so I could understand what the hell was going on but got even more confused because the anime took too many artistic liberties and ended up being quite different from the game.

In the end, I think this anime is nothing more than a glorified ad for the game and just dumb fun entertainment, which might explain some of the hate. That and the ecchi galore. There're way too many ecchi haters in this site, it's quite fucking annoying.
Nov 23, 2019 2:41 AM
Jul 2014
JustAnAnimeList said:
I don't hate this anime but I also don't think it deserves a score higher than a 6, it's quite a mediocre anime.

After watching the first four episodes I decided to play the game so I could understand what the hell was going on but got even more confused because the anime took too many artistic liberties and ended up being quite different from the game.

In the end, I think this anime is nothing more than a glorified ad for the game and just dumb fun entertainment, which might explain some of the hate. That and the ecchi galore. There're way too many ecchi haters in this site, it's quite fucking annoying.

I wouldn't say I hate the show, but it's very difficult to enjoy at this point in time. As they say, hope dies last, and I keep holding out hope that this series would get better. Thus far, only episodes 1 and 5 have really met what I expected this show would be like.

As for what I expected it would be like? I expected Azur Lane to get the Kancolle the Animation treatment; focus on a small group of characters, chronicle their adventures, and show the heroic journey of the main character in full. Use the show to turn the game into a truly believable world, with a plot that takes advantage of the source material in full.

Azur Lane the animation has done almost none of that.

I also don't think it deserves a score higher than a 6, it's quite a mediocre anime.

I would give it a 5 at this point. Yes, it's dumb fun, but dumb fun has to be consistent to be truly fun. Dumb fun is Keijo!!!, which seeks refuge in audacity and ecchi while staying consistent to its own internal logic.
Azur Lane doesn't even follow its own rules, as lampshaded by Zuikaku just this episode.

Edo_Light_16 said:

Yes, yes. We know that you're literally finding excuses to hate this show now.
Give it a rest already.

Art and writing quality and consistency this bad don't get my hate. Just my disappointment. A show I actively dislike is A Certain Magical Index, because for all its wonderful characters its politics and worldbuilding screw with my head because they don't make sense.

Also, as I said before, I don't need excuses to find flaws with what Azur Lane the Animation has done. The show is lazy in art and writing, and aims for the lowest common denominator all the time. It's not faithful to the source material, and the inconsistencies in art quality and writing quality suggest that either the writers and directors a) haven't played the game b) lack the budget to perform effectively c) actively don't care or d) a combination of all of the above.

Most of the time I would simply not watch a series like this, but I care enough to be irritated enough to whinge on like this. My irritation is further fueled by people like you, @Edo_light_16,who uncritically suck up whatever they're given because it happens to contain the characters they enjoy.

Nov 23, 2019 3:05 AM

May 2018
firemagnet said:

Most of the time I would simply not watch a series like this, but I care enough to be irritated enough to whinge on like this. My irritation is further fueled by people like you, @Edo_light_16,who uncritically suck up whatever they're given because it happens to contain the characters they enjoy.

Lol, I never said that this show was perfect. All I wrote was for you to give things a rest.

I complained about the bad quality animations and the eyeless characters from a distance. If I didn't do it before then I'm making it clear now. I also complained about Episode 4's lack of combat and I'd say that the animation approach of that episode is not enjoyable as much as the other episode.

There, those are criticisms from my "beloved" anime if you were bothered to read my posts on this board. Unlike you who's always glorifying their Kancolle anime everytime they post on here. Thinking it's the most perfect thing to ever hit the earth.

I don't mind people criticising the anime but it's funny to see people like you who always find ways to make excuses to why something is bad.
Nov 23, 2019 5:22 PM
Jul 2014
Edo_Light_16 said:

Lol, I never said that this show was perfect. All I wrote was for you to give things a rest.

I complained about the bad quality animations and the eyeless characters from a distance. If I didn't do it before then I'm making it clear now. I also complained about Episode 4's lack of combat and I'd say that the animation approach of that episode is not enjoyable as much as the other episode.

There, those are criticisms from my "beloved" anime if you were bothered to read my posts on this board. Unlike you who's always glorifying their Kancolle anime everytime they post on here. Thinking it's the most perfect thing to ever hit the earth.

I don't mind people criticising the anime but it's funny to see people like you who always find ways to make excuses to why something is bad.

You should have seen my praise of Re:Creators and Girls und Panzer way back when, lol.

Unlike you who's always glorifying their Kancolle anime everytime they post on here. Thinking it's the most perfect thing to ever hit the earth.

Kancolle the animation isn't perfect far from it. The first episode was cringeworthy at times, having played the game.

Yet it was obvious that the directors and artists had studied the source material, and did their level best to create an original story that also mixed in all the components of the source material.

I just don't see that same dedication in what Bibury has done, and it's obvious in the small things that go unchecked and uncorrected, like the off-angle ship models, eyeless characters from a distance, and so on.

All of this is compounded by the fact that Bibury is trying to do too much at once. As someone else noted over in the episode thread, it "feels like we skipped an entire season worth of story."

In trying to please as many of the fans as possible, Bibury is losing critical time for the sort of story telling that Azur Lane deserves. In particular I really want to see the backstory of that mountain of Siren corpses, as it's apparently crucial to Enterprise's development--in as much as she can have any because of the way Bibury has written her.

Nov 23, 2019 5:49 PM

May 2018
firemagnet said:
There are no consequences.

Same goes for KanColle.

In this latest episode Enterprise dies, goes to the shipgirl netherworld, and then reawakens as a godlike siren where she then wipes the floor with most of the IJN fleet, in addition to taking out most of her own as collateral in her literal sea-jesus rebirth. All of this within three minutes, and rounded off by the pathetic death of Kaga who, near as I can tell, quite literally gets her soul turned off.

MC getting power up after near death experience is a common cliche/trope in anime. Why the double standard and just single out Azur Lane here. Don't get the wrong idea,I also have problem with how they portray overpowered Enterprise. Like in that one episode where Enterprise appear on top of building and suddenly the Iron Blood and Sakura Empire force to retreat without giving reason how it impact on the outcome of the battle other than "Oh shit,it's Enterprise". Even I can come up with better reason to criticize this anime than you.
I have no words to sufficiently describe just how bad the writing is

It because you doesn't have any legitimate reason to describe it to begin with. Except for animation/art complain,the rest of your complain are just meh.

As for what I expected it would be like? I expected Azur Lane to get the Kancolle the Animation treatment;

No,please don't. KanColle is mostly slice of nothing happen. Worse writing than Azur Lane. No story direction and inconsistent. KanColle is like first slice of life, then action,then slice of life, then action. Azur Lane is not Kancolle and there's no reason for it to be like KC. It's fine with Bibury trying something different from KC and I would have drop AL if it try to offer what KC offer. You watch this show expecting this to be KC 2.0 when it doesn't need to follow the same rules or direction that KC does nor does it need to follow the game too much. Not everyone who watch this anime play the game or watch KC beforehand so for it to be doing something completely different from game or KC is totally irrelevant.

In trying to please as many of the fans as possible, Bibury is losing critical time for the sort of story telling that Azur Lane deserves. In particular I really want to see the backstory of that mountain of Siren corpses, as it's apparently crucial to Enterprise's development--in as much as she can have any because of the way Bibury has written her.

You do realize this show status is still 'current airing', backstory of Siren could be explained later or in season 2 if we get it. Bibury direction? Not sure what you mean here because her direction already been set up in the game in the Fallen Wings Event.
Edo_Light_16 said:

Well, firemagnet is clearly KanColle fan and AL haters. As if things couldn't get more obvious than it already has.
Papa_ScorchNov 24, 2019 5:53 AM
Nov 23, 2019 8:22 PM
Jun 2019
The funny thing is that both KC and AL anime are essentially opposite sides of a coin, or at least that's my current impression. I enjoyed the girl part of KC but not so much its ship part. In AL, it's the other way around, even though it can get a bit ridiculous like Enterprise hitchhiking a plane, as remarked by Zuikaku. The battle scenes in KC, while they did show a bit of naval warfare tactics, felt so much like secondary thing, almost like an afterthought, but that was alleviated at least somewhat in the movie. I suppose it's because the studio was overly booked at the time to a point where the final episode was very much unfinished, though i did dislike the studio for how it handled Beatless.

That being said, this is just me but since KC got me hooked with the girl part, I do hope that AL can improve its own counterpart. IMO episode 6 was largely wasted on something else. Give some of the girls more characterization and development, from spunky to stoic to sweetheart. It may not please some of the fans for taking away screen time from their favs but it should work as an advertisement to outsiders.
Nov 24, 2019 7:47 AM

Sep 2011
ITT - people confusing subjective with objective. Your opinion is not fact.

People need to understand that art is not good unless it stands on its own. If you need to have experienced another piece of work in order to know what is going on the piece fails as a good piece of art, sequels excluded. You need to understand that the hate is coming from people who have not played the game. Get over yourselves and look at the piece by itself. Being a fan of something is not blinding accepting it as gospel. Being a fan is understanding what makes it great and calling out the bullshit so the work can improve.

Let's answer this objectively. How do we judge art objectively? Easy - by comparing it to itself.

Animation. It is all over the place. The first two episodes were crisp, lively, and detailed. Subsequent episodes had significant quality drop. What were once sharp and crisp are now amorphous blobs with barely any shading. In episode 5 there were so many shots where the coloring was outside of the outlines. Even very important keyframes were lacking in quality.

Plot. Within the universe established solely by the anime, it is not showing us what we need to see. We can only assume the enemy is bad because they tell us this. We have not once seen a reason to believe the enemy is bad. Taking the anime in isolation, I have more reason to believe that the Sakura and Iron Blood empires are the real enemy. They are the ones being instigators in all of this. There is a very popular phrase in storytelling - tell by doing. The show has a lot of action in it, sure, but it isn't showing the audience what they needed to see. They skipped over establishing the world. They never showed us how we got to this point or why we should invest in Azur Lane. There is no foundation, and because I have respect for women a show that relies on picking waifus from a massive roster of 2D girls is not enough to keep me invested.

That leads us to characters. I can't invest in any of them. They introduced a massive roster on you in the very first episode. Having a large roster is not inherently bad, but if you don't give your audience time to adjust and get familiar with them it makes it impossible to latch on to them. In addition, the only three with personalities are Enterprise, Laffey, and Ayanami, and I would be hard pressed to say that Enterprise has a real personality. So, lets take Laffey and Ayanami. If you were to show me a picture of them and ask me to explain what they were like I could easily tell you. Do that with any of the other ships and I wouldn't have a fucking clue. I'm sure it is super simple if you have played the game for more than a month, but if you are just coming into the series now there is way too much to chew.

I have nothing to say about the music. Like with the game the audio is quite good.

Let me make this perfectly clear. This show caters to a very specific audience. It may be the best thing since sliced bread for that audience, but you can't disregard feedback just because they are not the target audience.
Jan 26, 2020 2:44 PM
Oct 2019
Meh, this anime is just a huge disappointment, couldn't enjoy any episode other than 9 because of the slice of life moments which the show should have just gone about instead of such a badly written plot plagued by bad pacing. I played Azur Lane when it launched on the EN server so I pretty much know what the characters are like and how they would talk, seeing Akagis and Kagas swapped personalities in the anime was infuriating enough, but Enterprise was just the worst, here she turned into an annoying harem mc edgelord who has just two cliche lines. Not to mention the garbage yuribaiting between the characters is just trough the roof when it wasn't anything like that in game, Belprise is such a garbage ship which those rabid yuri shippers keep forcing down on everyone's throats. Im not gonna hate on the animation because its a new understaffed studio that had to hire freelancers in a tight schedule, but I'm gonna blame the direction this show took. Why even introduce so many characters that have nothing to do in the show, if only they took that time to develop the main characters instead, It would have been tolerable, also carriers flying and can turn into super saiyan and giant foxes and dragons? And summoning that overused gate of Babylon trope lmao. Plus there's zero explanations for anything, why is there no mention of fuel/ how their skill books work/what happened to humanity they keep talking about so much that they even start imitating them/ how they buy anything and who funds them/ how were they made/ why are carriers fighting head on with each other, there's supposed to be a formation of destroyers, battleships,etc/ why is there like no command to what they're doing, assuming enterprise is the commander or QE, they dont really give out any order or command their fleet/what timeline is this and why is Enterprise able to meet Amagi, the worldbuilding is just shit which is important for unique worlds like these, if you played the game beforehand you'd know how most of it works, but if you're a newcomer, yeah good luck because you'll be left confused with a lot of questions. I did like the sound effects and bgms played during the battle but I honestly lost interest in that too when they keep letting their enemies go away after every battle and it just keeps repeating again and again. I understand why they wouldnt give a shikikan because all the weaboo asses in real life wouldnt be able to relate themselves or self insert to a decent looking male shikikan and they would start to riot but come on, enterprise wasnt any better, shes perfect as a senior senpai type of character who gives advices and guides others just like in the game, just focus on one of the starters like what kancolle did. And that stupid gotta make friends with the enemy destroyer subplot of laffey and ayanami was just stupid, dont even quote me on that...

Overall this anime is just 4/10 and is in no way faithful to the superior game, I have no idea how people can even enjoy this garbage show but I guess it's about their questionable taste in anime. Even Yostar made their own animation studio after seeing how disastrous this was, hopefully they handle all their projects from now on. Thank goodness this show was just for fanservice and not canon in any way, if they ever make a serious canon anime, they should definitely reboot it instead of wasting another season on this dumpster fire. Only reason the Blu rays sold well because of the exclusive skin codes given with it, people are reselling their copies in japan after redeeming it so its no way to say that this show was a success. Moved on to ArkNights now which has exceeded my expectations in characters/story and worldbuildng, if they ever make an anime on that, hope they make it themselves instead of ever giving it to trash Birbury.
Mar 31, 2020 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
This is nerve wrecking. Of course it was made for Azur Lane's fans, they are the reason this anime was able to come into existence in the first place. The anime was very true to the app, and it tried its best to include as many ships as possible, even if it was for the smallest moment. Sure it might not have the best plot, but it was better than a lot of other stories out there, and I personally LOVED the fact that there wasn't a single guy character to be seen or heard. I don't know what you expected when you saw this, but it was exactly what I expected, an all-girl-cast anime for a very specific group of people. Seriously though, what did you expect?
Mar 31, 2020 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, there is some room for improvement, but not everything has to be a perfect friggin masterpiece, okay? And originality? Originality is overrated. At this point, It's kinda hard to be "original" with all the content that's been created up to now. All the good stuff you can do for something has been done by someone somewhere, so you can't expect everything to be original either.
Mar 31, 2020 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
GhidorahxZGojira said:
seeing Akagis and Kagas swapped personalities

Akagi and Kaga's swapped personalities? Excuse me, but what exactly about Akagi and Kaga was swapped and out of character? Did you ever oath either of them? What makes you think you know Akagi and Kaga so well? Akagi was not like Kaga at all, and neither was Kaga like Akagi. Shikikan isn't there, so you actually get to see Akagi when she isn't in Yandere mode, and how much she cares for the Sakura Empire's prosperity. Kaga has always been Akagi's loyal and trustworthy companion. She is extremely cruel to her enemies (especially to those who are weak), but deep down she is a sweatheart. For example, she prepares refreshments for ships who return from secretary missions. In Azur Lane: Crosswave, a video game of Azur Lane for the PS4 and PC, there is a heartworming cutscene where Kaga is giving Unicorn guidance (at least, it was heartworming for me). If you noticed that I went much further in depth with Kaga's character, that is because Kaga's my waifu.
Mar 31, 2020 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Azur Lane the Animation may have flaws, it may be focused on the fan base of Azur Lane, but why shouldn't it be focused on Azur Lane's fan base? There's absolutely no reason for them to not point it at the Azur Lane fan base and nothing you can say will disprove that. Moments with rushed animation, or weird pacing? Sure, that sort of criticism is legit, but whether it has a guy protagonist or any guy characters at all, if you think it's boring or not interesting enough for you, or if the story has any form of character development, or any of that other opinion based nonsense, those are all just you problems.
removed-userMar 31, 2020 1:55 AM
Mar 31, 2020 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
By the way, people who play the game still don't even know what the sirens are yet. Maybe more up to date servers got events that reveal more about the sirens, but they're still a mystery, which is part of their charm as enemies. What we do know is rather complicated, and only a meer scrape on the surface. The very basics of what we know is that the sirens are from another dimension and they are using this universe as a testing field for their weapons, weapons they are making to face some kind of threat. We know absolutely nothing about this threat, so I can't give you any information on that. Also, both the app and the anime have shown that the sirens have been performing tests in multiple Azur Lane timelines, meaning Azur Lane the Animation IS canon.
Mar 31, 2020 7:38 AM
Mar 2020
Come on guys Azur Lane and KanColle is Very different game wise i used to watch kancolle havent played the game but i palyed AL plus the gameplay is very different Azur lane is sie scrolling shooter while kancolle is like an Rng card like game idk but why hate when azur lane has a path of it self may be away from kancolle and for me kancolle is too much japan winning the pacfic war to be honest and it kinda deflects the history of Real life history and dont compare the anime nor the game because they are different

Sorry if i have bad grammar or many errors
Mar 31, 2020 9:06 AM
Oct 2019
Lol I have never seen someone so riled up and trying so hard to defend this terribly made anime adaptation which majority of the players agrees it should not even exist, I mean if you find enjoyment in this boring d***ster fire, then hey good for you, there's just way better fanservice shows out there that doesnt feel tedious as this to watch....anyways I rest my case with this morbidly sad fanbase that constantly loves boot-licking Manjuu and Yostar to death when they clearly funded this cr*p anime and that 2005 low budget looking steam game just to make a quick buck...
GhidorahxZGojiraMar 31, 2020 9:49 AM
Mar 31, 2020 9:19 AM

May 2018
BluRay sold well in Japan. 7.3k per volume. Not bad consider that it only has bluray release and no dvd.
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
So don't worry about Myanimelist rating. As usual,most people in Myanimelist are pirate so it won't matter what reception it got here. Japan loves Azur Lane anime.
Papa_ScorchMar 31, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 31, 2020 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
Gorochu said:
BluRay sold well in Japan. 7.3k per volume. Not bad consider that it only has bluray release and no dvd.
So don't worry about Myanimelist rating. As usual,most people in Myanimelist are mostly pirate so it won't matter what rating it got.
You forgot to mention the important fact that most of these sales are thanks to those in-game exclusive skin codes for popular characters like Enterprise and Belfast, which other gacha games did as well and sold well thanks to it, they( the players) didn't buy it because they think this anime adaptation was "good"...even Yostar knew the anime wouldn't sell well without these exclusive contents...and 6.42 for this anime is too generous when too many defensive fanboys are overrating it with a 10
GhidorahxZGojiraMar 31, 2020 9:39 AM
Mar 31, 2020 9:41 AM

May 2018
GhidorahxZGojira said:
Gorochu said:
So don't worry about Myanimelist rating. As usual,most people in Myanimelist are mostly pirate so it won't matter what rating it got.
You forgot to mention the important fact that most of these sales are thanks to those in-game exclusive skin codes for popular characters like Enterprise and Belfast, which other gacha games did as well and sold well thanks to it, they didnt buy it because they think Azur Lane anime was good...and 6.42 for this anime is too generous when too many fanboys are overrating it with a 10

Myanimelist rating doesn't matter. It's never relevant. Enterprise is not even in the top 10 most popular character of Azur Lane in 2019.
https://noisypixel.net/azur-lane-reveals-top-ten-shipgirls-2019/
So even if we ignore the skin code,sales should still be about the same.

-edit-
Correction. According to Azur Lane Twitter for Japan,the most popular characters are actually
1) Sirius
2) Nagato
3) Roon
4) Laffey
5) Baltimore
6) Don't know name
7) Javelin
8) Unicorn
9) Illustrious
10) Don't know name
https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/1189770127127957504

Neither Enterprise nor Belfast are in top 24 most popular girls in Japan and the top 3 most popular doesn't even make a single appearance in the anime.
Papa_ScorchMar 31, 2020 10:05 AM
Mar 31, 2020 11:34 AM
Oct 2019
Gorochu said:
GhidorahxZGojira said:
You forgot to mention the important fact that most of these sales are thanks to those in-game exclusive skin codes for popular characters like Enterprise and Belfast, which other gacha games did as well and sold well thanks to it, they didnt buy it because they think Azur Lane anime was good...and 6.42 for this anime is too generous when too many fanboys are overrating it with a 10

Myanimelist rating doesn't matter. It's never relevant. Enterprise is not even in the top 10 most popular character of Azur Lane in 2019.

-edit-
Correction. According to Azur Lane Twitter for Japan,the most popular characters are actually
1) Sirius
2) Nagato
3) Roon
4) Laffey
5) Baltimore
6) Don't know name
7) Javelin
8) Unicorn
9) Illustrious
10) Don't know name

Neither Enterprise nor Belfast are in top 24 most popular girls in Japan and the top 3 most popular doesn't even make a single appearance in the anime.
Ok first of all I never stated Enterprise and Befast's ranks in terms of popularity, even without rank they're extremely popular because one is the main poster girl of the game whose face you will see every time you look up on Azur Lane [and she's extremely popular because of her renowned historical service in the pacific theater war (example: battle of midway) anyways] and another one is the most well known and lewded maid that's exploding constantly with fan-arts, so idk why you would bring the ranking list, if you play the game in JPN/EN server or follow Japanese players on twitters, you will find a lot of them have the exclusive skins equipped to flex on f2p players and secondly Nagato, the leader of the Sakura empire didn't even make an appearance in the anime? She literally had a few seconds in the final episode during the final fight and was there in the first few episodes and that's not even as a cameo, seems like either you didn't watch this anime at all or probably don't know anything about it.... Sorry but I just cant take your arguments seriously when you're easily displaying this level of ignorance, good day

Edit: 6th ship is Essex, 10th ship is Yukikaze
Nagato in the anime:
GhidorahxZGojiraMar 31, 2020 12:13 PM
Mar 31, 2020 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
well it may have been fun to you, but to me it was boring as heck. Story was all over the place, one second it's a CGDCT SoL next second Enterprise is giving monologues over how war never changes, a majority of characters were plainly uninteresting to watch (and some were just annoying) and the animation nosedived to oblivion

the art style was nice though
Mar 31, 2020 6:27 PM

May 2018
GhidorahxZGojira said:
Gorochu said:

-edit-
1) Sirius
2) Nagato
3) Roon
4) Laffey
5) Baltimore
6) Don't know name
7) Javelin
8) Unicorn
9) Illustrious
10) Don't know name

Ok first of all I never stated Enterprise and Befast's ranks in terms of popularity, even without rank they're extremely popular because one is the main poster girl of the game whose face you will see every time you look up on Azur Lane [and she's extremely popular because of her renowned historical service in the pacific theater war (example: battle of midway) anyways] and another one is the most well known and lewded maid that's exploding constantly with fan-arts, so idk why you would bring the ranking list, if you play the game in JPN/EN server or follow Japanese players on twitters, you will find a lot of them have the exclusive skins equipped to flex on f2p players and secondly Nagato, the leader of the Sakura empire didn't even make an appearance in the anime? She literally had a few seconds in the final episode during the final fight and was there in the first few episodes and that's not even as a cameo, seems like either you didn't watch this anime at all or probably don't know anything about it.... Sorry but I just cant take your arguments seriously when you're easily displaying this level of ignorance, good day

Edit: 6th ship is Essex, 10th ship is Yukikaze
Nagato in the anime:

I mean 2 of the top 3,sorry not being specific. I currently live in Japan and it was midnight when I reply to you that time. They are the main poster girls,that doesn't mean they are popular. Pikachu is the main poster for Pokemon but Pikachu too not even in top 10 most popular Pokemon.
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/pokemon-of-the-year-vote-results-greninja-pokemon-day-2020
Poster character are usually chosen by the developers and not base on popularity among the fans. How can they be popular when they are not even in top 24. Neither Enterprise nor Belfast are popular among the Japanese,so the success of the sales had nothing to do with the skin code. I brought up popularity ranking because your argument is heavily flawed due to the fact there are no evidence that those skin characters you mention are popular among Japanese fans.Therefore,skin code can not be the reason why the sales is good.

As for Azur Lane game,yes I do play it. We have a gaming section on Myanimelist and a specific thread talking about Azur Lane where I often post there.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1774859&show=50
I do follow news,Twitter,pixiv etc of Azur Lane.
Papa_ScorchApr 1, 2020 4:56 AM
Mar 31, 2020 11:20 PM

Apr 2012
I don't hate this anime I just don't care. Watching this gave me neither enjoyment or disappointment. If someone would ask me about the story, I couldn't give an explanation because i didn't pay enough attention. It was just there because I always watch two or three anime shows on thursdays after work.
Apr 1, 2020 8:26 AM

May 2016
i dont really care about the character nor the story, i just love ship. kinda sad didn't get to see yamato class.
Apr 26, 2020 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
I think it's one of the greatest Animes ive seen on my list, kinda sad people hate it.
IAMQTApr 26, 2020 7:32 PM

Apr 26, 2020 11:54 AM

Apr 2015
maxnone said:
i dont really care about the character nor the story, i just love ship. kinda sad didn't get to see yamato class.

Well, the game this is based off of doesn't have Yamato IIRC.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 27, 2020 10:06 PM

Dec 2018
I know a lot of the times ratings are shit, what are you going to do. I rarely rate anything low but that's because i like fun things. You have some people out there that think everything has to be some artsy fartsy masterpiece (which usually ends up being preachy and cringe imo) and must have forgotten to have fun along the way.
Hell i love kemono friends ffs even though i know the quality is pretty garbage i love it because it's fun and cute and makes me smile.
idk, i don't think too much about these things and i didn't get a degree in art so what do i know i just go with my gut feelings about something.
in the end i don't come here to scour ratings or reviews, it's mostly to learn about new things, talk about current and old things, and keep my own list together to track and/or reflect on.
May 3, 2020 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
monolith said:
Are Kancolle fans too salty?
Not on MAL; from what I've seen they're salty that "AL is a KC rip off", but we on mal know that KC is a Strike Witches rip off, so...
World of Warship fans can't be either because afaik thei hate anime a of course aren't registered on MAL (unless they're brigading for some reason)

monolith said:
Or people are just taking too serious a bunch of cartoon ship waifus? This is definitly harmless, and people that don't plan to play the game actually could enjoy it.

This is the reason. MAL takes EVERYTHING too serious, that's also why they're so salty that Gintama is in top 10.
MAL users have this strange idea that a piece of entertainment shouldn't be rated by how much it is entertaining, but based on some objective 2deep4you factor instead. As a result we have anime rated poorly just because of their genre, their "content tags" or their target audience. Basically all of Azur Lane's content tags (fanservice, all female cast, no "real" plot, etc) are hated on MAL, so...
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Dec 18, 2020 7:15 PM

Feb 2019
I put off watching this for like a year because people were crying about how "it should never have been made". now looking back, it is kinda annoying to see that all the top reviews are sub 4/10. It is everything it was suppose to be, maybe even better.

I might get back into the game, the show is entertaining as hell.
Dec 25, 2020 7:41 PM

May 2018
Azur Lane Bluray currently has 9.2k per average volume bluray sold. It's selling well in Japan. Japanese people love Azur Lane.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

106 by KOningNoviPoes »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

83 by wildhood »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

96 by Heanworld »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

141 by reegooey »»
Aug 22, 2023 1:34 AM

» Character Arizona's voice actress Shirakabe Sawako doing Gravure Modeling

zxcvb321 - Aug 10, 2023

1 by Morty_NL »»
Aug 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.