Forum Settings
Forums

Which character do you find the most annoying and why?

New
Oct 25, 2019 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
Even in your favourite series,You find yourself hating a certian character because you find them annoying.It can be the way they treat the main character,their attitude etc.

So,I wanted to know which character do people find annoying?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 25, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
I have 3, Hakase from Nichijou, Momoko from Araburu, and Ringo from Mawaru Penguindrum (at least in the 1st half)

The 1st, because she was just plain annoying (and way too bratty)

the 2nd, because she was so useless and only served to create unnecessary drama (especially in the final ep)

The 3rd, because she was just a mega-bitch, yet no one seemed to give a single damn, especially the male lead (who she thoroughly exploited). Idk why the second half though she suddenly did a 180 in character and actually became decent to watch
Oct 25, 2019 7:30 AM

Sep 2009
Inb4 Bakugou hate posts.

#30characterlimit
VargnattOct 25, 2019 8:46 AM

Oct 25, 2019 7:42 AM

Nov 2016
I hate Katsuki Bakugou from (BNHA). I find his general attitude annoying and stupid, and I find him a bad rival for Midoriya ..
Gordon (Black Clover). At first it was annoying that he was not heard, but in time it became funny.
Ougi Oshino (Monogatari Series). Before I understood the character, I hated it when she appeared.
Oct 25, 2019 7:43 AM
Oct 2017
I have some characters that I considered annoying. Usually, when there was a girl who didn't do anything but "clingy" and a boy who played cool but put himself as if he's important.

Basically, I don't like characters who creates drama but didn't solve the problem or depends on other people.

I'm really sorry I can't tell you which characters because it might be too subjective, but mostly when I disliked an anime, it's because of the characters.
Oct 25, 2019 10:56 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Vargnatt said:
Inb4 Bakugou hate posts.

#30characterlimit
Don’t make it sound like a bad thing.
Oct 25, 2019 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
MeisterDM said:
Vargnatt said:
Inb4 Bakugou hate posts.

#30characterlimit
Don’t make it sound like a bad thing.

No man I hate him too. But I've taken my own seat first before lynch comes lmao.

Oct 25, 2019 11:36 AM

Mar 2019
Lululand said:
Those screamers like Zenitsu from Kimetsu no Yaiba and that annoying guy from the beginning of Dr Stone

Yeah, zenitsu screamed too much imo. One of the few characters that I couldnt stand at all

𝔏𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔢𝔡𝔰!
Oct 25, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2019
One word is enough to annoy the shit out of me: Mineta.

Why? He's a coward, he's horny 24/7, he's ugly, and he's useless as heck. How did he get into that high school is the biggest mystery of BNHA. That spoiled brat Shigaraki Tomura is also very annoying.

Zenitsu as well, as many people mentioned before me, but he's at least sometimes useful.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 25, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2019
The nutter from Akame ga Kill. Can't remember her name but she was an absolute bell-end with zero redeeming qualities. I mean she was a villain, sure, so maybe the creator meant to make her that way but she just seemed to be batshit for the sake of being batshit.

Also every single character from Death Note. During the entire show I was convinced the characters were secretly trying to perform a summoning ritual in which a manifestation of emo-teen edge-lordiness was going to burst out of the telly and try to strangle me with a pair of shoelaces.
CallMeHootOct 25, 2019 11:58 AM
Oct 25, 2019 11:58 AM

Mar 2018
The Detective Boys from "Detective Conan".
Even if they gave clues to Conan, they are all still so ANNOYING. Like seriously, even as characters they're cringy and take up time for development for other characters. The story wouldn't even be much different without them.
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Oct 25, 2019 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
As usual, it looks like I don't need to mention Bakugou.

Louise Valliere is another candidate. That thing is beyond annoying, almost makes me despise the tsundere trait, into the trash she goes.

Oct 25, 2019 12:03 PM

Nov 2008

Chibi-Usa- Sailor Moon

How I despise this little bitch.

Mizuno- Gash Bell -too stupid to live. Literally.

Mako-Kill La Kill. SHUT. THE. F*CK. UP. Omg. She ruined so many scenes.

nanimeanswhat said:

Why? He's a coward, he's horny 24/7, he's ugly, and he's useless as heck. How did he get into that high school is the biggest mystery of BNHA.

He's like a shitstain on an otherwise good action shounen. :/

Oct 25, 2019 12:07 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Chiibi said:

Chibi-Usa- Sailor Moon

How I despise this little bitch.

Mizuno- Gash Bell -too stupid to live. Literally.

Mako-Kill La Kill. SHUT. THE. F*CK. UP. Omg. She ruined so many scenes.

nanimeanswhat said:

Why? He's a coward, he's horny 24/7, he's ugly, and he's useless as heck. How did he get into that high school is the biggest mystery of BNHA.

He's like a shitstain on an otherwise good action shounen. :/

I'll take him over Katsushit anyday. At least he gets his ass beaten for being a pervert while bakugou faces no real consequences for his behavior. Plu, there are way worse offenders like Meliodas from Nanatsu no Taizai who molests Elizabeth, the incestuous pedophile called Araragi, and Shinji Matou who raped his sister.
Oct 25, 2019 12:27 PM

Nov 2008
MeisterDM said:

I'll take him over Katsushit anyday..

I wouldn't. Katsushit makes me laugh at least...because of his scary faces. xD Characters who are pissed off all the time just....amuse me.

Oct 25, 2019 3:05 PM
Feb 2017
Zenitsu’s whining is pretty annoying.

Mineta is also pretty annoying, only being funny when he’s actually just acting retarded.
Oct 25, 2019 4:01 PM
Sep 2018
Excel from Excel Saga, drills my head with her constant fast yapping
Oct 25, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2018
I love Ah! My Goddess, but the youngest sister Skuld can be a total pain in the ass, especially in the first TV season and the old 90s OVA. She became more sympathetic to her sister's love for Keiichi later in season 2/the Fighting Wings OVA and seems to have matured quite a bit by the Goddesses third year on Earth in the AMG movie, her own growing feelings for her crush Sentaro likely helping create more sympathy later on.
Oct 26, 2019 7:47 AM

Mar 2012
Wolfram pretty much completely ruined Kyo Kara Maoh for me. I still don't understand what fujoshis see in a 82 year old abusive gay tsundere who stalks and harasses a 15 year old boy and is constantly trying to get into his pants. For being 82 and a trained soldier his actions only put everyone in trouble, big trouble that could possibly end the world in the manga. The fact that he tried to rape Yuuri (in the manga and LNs) has made this boy completely irredeemable in my books, and GEG the narcissist along with Takabayashi the liar writing things showing them close honestly makes me sick.
Oct 26, 2019 11:52 PM
Jan 2012
Subaru from Re:Zero / He drives me crazy, such poor decision making skills, haha

Oct 28, 2019 2:40 AM

May 2019
Asta from Black Clover, I didn’t hate him, I just don’t like a noisy character.
Oct 28, 2019 3:10 AM

Apr 2016
The blonde guy(i didn't bothered remembering his name) from Kimetsu no Yaiba.. From the moment he appeared he screamed like he had mental problems.. The 1st ep when he joined the MC he screamed 99% of the ep

Oct 28, 2019 3:54 AM
Feb 2018
Vodka from "Detective Conan".
He does nothing except driving Gin's Porsche ... sometimes.
Oct 28, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2018
MrAllSunday said:
Subaru from Re:Zero / He drives me crazy, such poor decision making skills, haha

Haha... Second this.

After him, i can nominated zenitsu and daisuke (revisions). These guy seriously similar and annoying.
Oct 28, 2019 4:09 AM
May 2019
Spandam from One Piece

and Ikari Shinji lol.
Oct 28, 2019 4:12 AM

Nov 2007
I will start it. MF Kirito from SAO just because. If I started writing the reasons I would run out of keyboard options so I won't.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 28, 2019 4:34 AM

Jul 2015
that annoying retard with 0 redeeming quality
his only purpose is to create shitty forced comedy that can't even make a 12 years old kid laugh

he is the only reason why kimetsu no yaiba is not in my favorites
Oct 28, 2019 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
his only purpose is to create shitty forced comedy that can't even make a 12 years old kid laugh

Tbh why always Zenitsu? Inosuke is much more annoying imo.
Not that Zenitsu is not annoying, but it's on okayish levels.
Oct 28, 2019 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
@Maneki-Mew
i hated both of them but at least Inosuke have one good quality : he is brave
i can't find a single good quality in zenitsu no matter how much i think about it

nah ,Zenitsu level of annoyance is beyond okayish level
Oct 28, 2019 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
@Maneki-Mew
i hated both of them but at least Inosuke have one good quality : he is brave
i can't find a single good quality in zenitsu no matter how much i think about it

nah ,Zenitsu level of annoyance is beyond okayish level

Inosuke isn't brave, he is just aggressive imo. There is a difference. You are brave, if you know that you could die and you are scared of it, but still decide to do it.
I mean, he has another side too, but he's just so annoying.

That's why I can't stand Bakugou either. I mean he has some interesting backstory or reasons, but he is so incredibly annoying as a person. Like a drunkard you look at for a second and they go: "What's your problem? Do you wanna my fist in your face!!?" for no real reason.
Oct 28, 2019 7:05 AM

Dec 2016
Miaka Yuki from Fushigi Yuugi,
Emiya Shirou from Fate/stay night

They're both incredibly annoying. Miaka is a whiny too-dumb-to-live damsel in distress whose stupidity gets people killed, and Emiya is an annoying little shit whose outdated for decades chivalrous hero complex attitude is completely out of place, not to mention condescending.
mors certa hora incerta
Oct 28, 2019 7:56 AM

Jul 2015
@Maneki-Mew
it was the only scene when he wasn't annoying
i thought after this scene he will get some character development and stop being annoying
but sadly he didn't

i agree, characters like Bakugou/Inosuke are too aggressive for me to like
their over the top aggressiveness totally ruined their personalities
Oct 28, 2019 8:44 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
tragedydesu said:

Tbh why always Zenitsu? Inosuke is much more annoying imo.
Not that Zenitsu is not annoying, but it's on okayish levels.

Usually i can tolerate characters like him, but he's super annoying and he's like tsunayoshi sawada with everything good about him taken out. I don't hate him as much as Bakugou. I fucking hate how people are quick to condemn tsunderes and aggressive females in battle shounen (Otae from gintama, sakura from naruto, etc), but adore this sorry excuse for a human being. At least most of those women have a redeeming quality or two, whereas that one-dimensional bully has none. He's not even good looking, he looks like a hideous version of gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night.
Oct 28, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2019
Short_Circut said:
I have 3, Hakase from Nichijou, Momoko from Araburu, and Ringo from Mawaru Penguindrum (at least in the 1st half)

the 2nd, because she was so useless and only served to create unnecessary drama (especially in the final ep)

The 3rd, because she was just a mega-bitch, yet no one seemed to give a single damn, especially the male lead (who she thoroughly exploited). Idk why the second half though she suddenly did a 180 in character and actually became decent to watch

Wuuuut, Hakase is literally almost the Cutest thing to exist. Pretty much all 5 year olds are like that so you know, but still she's so cute and smart.
Oct 28, 2019 9:51 AM
Mar 2018
I find pretty much the entirety of Ranma 1/2's cast annoying because they're un-likeable asshats, they never shut up, and the jokes surrounding them quickly grow stale & obnoxious.
Oct 28, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2019
Excalibur from Soul Eater but to be fair he is at-lest meant to be an annoying character.

But I can't tolerate Zenitsu from KNY, the voice actor is doing a really good job but it drags to much especially in the early episodes, he is the main reason why I like the manga slightly more.
Oct 28, 2019 10:16 AM

Jan 2019
#1 Boruto from Boruto. He thinks his Dad doesn't care about the family. What Dad wants to sit up in an Office all day every day, needing the assistance of his assistant just to get home, not being able to spend time with his family? Naruto is always tired and very busy. He's the Hokage and that's his Job. To protect everyone. But, Boruto just can't seem to understand that so he keeps saying bad, mean, hurtful things about him and acting like a damn brat.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Sena the Prosecutor from Konosuba. Every time she speaks I just wanna pull my hair out. "SATOUUU KAZUMAAAAA" She keeps trying to put Kazuma behind bars while he's trying to stop the Demon King.

Pan from Dragonball GT. She got Goku and Trunks into some bad situations and underestimated Goku based on his appearance.

Montasuya from Rising of the Shield Hero. He is waaay to stupid to be real. He is super gullible and thinks the world that they are in is a game. He disliked the Shield Hero for no reason cause he never had proof of any accusation. When Myne oops I mean bitchface says anything, he believes it without any thought. And he thinks he can just take people's party members.

Myne/B*tch/Wh*re (that's her actual name) from Rising of the Shield Hero. She constantly tries to hurt the Shield Hero, and get him killed.

Nino from Quintessential Quintuplets (She's also one of my Waifus lol) She used to be very Bitchy and mean towards Futaro, an innocent man. HOWEVER, she has changed. She is now Waifu Worthy and I love her.

Izaya from Durarara. He kept snitching on people and he kept discriminating against Shizuo and tried to kill him just because he's strong.

Alstolfo from Fate Apocrypha. I love Fate but in this series it was waaaaay too much plot armor being given to Alstolfo.

Gilgamesh from Fate. He thinks everyone is beneath him and he keeps calling people Mongrels. He is very disrespectful.

Shinji from Fate. This guy is so incompetent and he's an asshole to his sister, he rapes her and beats her. He also uses Shirou like he's is tool or something.

Luvia from Fate Prisma Illya Kalied Liner. She is a rich snobby girl. You know how bad those can get. Every time she laughs I just wanna bang my head against the wall.

Oct 28, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Haruhi from Haruhi. Maybe that's why I loved Disappearance. Actually loved it for the amazing build-up, stakes, tension and Kyon
Oct 28, 2019 10:47 AM

Feb 2016
Pretty much almost every character like Zenitsu or that guy in Dr.Stone that won't stop screaming for whatever reason. I don't even know how can someone think it's funny to see a character screaming and whining for no reason.

Then there are manipulative girls like Haruhi that likes to boss around forcing people to do things they don't want to do.

And last but not least, Female Childhood friends on romcom anime (even worse if they exist on an action anime like Taboo Tattoo). Their whole existence is either just a plot device, or they are bitches that will take any opportunity to try to take the boy she likes even if he is clearly not interested in her.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 28, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2019
Ichiro Suzuki of Death March isekai. That goddamn voice is the most annoying thing I have ever heard in my life. I wanna beat the seiyuu half to death.
Oct 28, 2019 10:51 AM

Mar 2019
Dawn from Pokemon DP....that is all
Oct 28, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
Water-sama said:
Short_Circut said:

Pretty much all 5 year olds are like that so you know

That doesn't mean I automatically have to give her a pass or something lmao

But ok, she was cute at first, but that quickly changed to annoying way too fast. I mean, she was pretty much a spoiled brat the entire show
Oct 28, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2012
Mineta from BNHA. He does NOTHING but whine and sniff panties.
Oct 28, 2019 9:37 PM

Nov 2011
tragedydesu said:

Zenitsu is the most developed character out of all the main squad. Courage is not the absent of fear. Despite being scared of demons, he still become a demon slayer. That should tell you something.

Oct 28, 2019 9:39 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Ooooooh, Yami in TLR gets some strongly negative responses from me. She's very much a confirmed creator's pet, and that reveals itself her how she can be a bit of a screentime parasite. Take the over-exposure and mix it with the fact that I'm very much put off by her generally prudish characteristics then it takes a character that I get very irritated with.

Yukino from OreGairu is my most hated character, though, but I've repeated myself enough times on that to the point where I'm tired of writing about it. Hypocritical and generally only capable of being correct due to the narrative bending over so it could prove her correct, the ways she reaches her conclusions on other people can be steeped in personal prejiduce for broad archetypes of people rather than knowledge or insight making her method questionable at *best* and she's just kind of an unlikable, rude bitch to pretty much everybody in the series to boot.

Also, some of her personal problems are pathetic. Very first episode we're hit with "People hate me because I am beautiful intelligent" as a driving force for why her character is isolated - saying nothing of her rotten attitude, of course - and it portrays this in a very sympathetic light, even though it's not especially convincing.

At least they seem to realize this, because they stop that entirely with no real conclusion and focus on other personal problems of hers such as family life.

Also, she's a mary sue to oblivion and back. She is always correct. She conveniently misses out on all backlash that would normally get directed at her, but they try to set her up as a loner outcast character. She is always the smartest person in the room and she always has the best solution to everything and I think she's just fucking boring whenever she's not being an irritating cunt.

Oct 29, 2019 2:11 AM
Aug 2016
Ohhoooo, I have a LOT of those, but if I have to nominate one that takes the top, that would be Asta from Black Clover. I hate his personality and his high pitched voice when he screams, and that's basically in every single episode. I had to drop the anime after the first 35 episodes because of him. The anime itself was good, but it was too much for me to handle with all that screaming and shouting.
Oct 29, 2019 2:22 AM

Jun 2016
Relena Peacecraft and her dumb
>muh pacifism
from mobile suit gundam wing is a walking machine gun that shoots complaints and tears. Same with her less attractive, slightly less insufferable clone kudelia from gundam iron blooded orphans
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 29, 2019 3:15 AM

May 2018
Theo1899 said:

from mobile suit gundam wing

The whole show is annoying tho.
Same goes for the Iron-Blooded Orphans.
Oct 29, 2019 3:56 AM
Dec 2017
A LOT of characters from black clover. To name some:

1)Gordon(just can't like that trait of his)
2)a lot of others
Oct 29, 2019 4:05 AM

Sep 2019
Momonosuke - cuz he's a perverted spoiled litle brat with boring design. Just can't stand the little shit
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

26 by MasterTasuke »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

24 by Ratris_Decision »»
11 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

95 by FFandMMfan »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - 4 hours ago

13 by KousakaK »»
18 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

92 by AxiaG »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.