Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 25, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2019
This was the first episode that I really fully understood what was going on and actually cared. I honestly still don’t get the overarching plot and what the character motivations are but I’ll keep going since I’ve never dropped an anime.

I do appreciate how instead of having OP characters this series is similar to Log Horizon in that it focuses on the economic and political ramifications of being isekai’d
Oct 25, 2019 7:37 PM
Jan 2016
I am glad they decided to save Lyrule before something bad happened, that lord was ugly and disgusting, to bad tsukasa didn't really kill him!

Aoi an Winona are an awesome duo!

I wonder what is inside Lyrule, and seems seven heroes legian its true!

The end was really hearwarming while Lyrule was expressing her thoughts and feels!
Oct 26, 2019 12:48 AM
Dec 2017
So in the end tsukasa didn't kill the fat dude....... Some politician he is
Oct 26, 2019 1:21 AM

Oct 2008
That friggin' fatass is REVOLTING!
how the hell are they able to create such complex materials?!? was there a laboratory that survived inside that plane that crashed!?
4/5.

Oct 26, 2019 3:27 PM

Oct 2017
I really like this somehow. I think with too many isekai it's all about one guy who is supposed to be a self-insert, but this actually has an interesting cast of characters.

Some are better than others, sure. Politician, businessman, scientist, spygirl are all great. Magician, doctor, samurai are varying levels of meh cliche to straight up annoying.

The plot actually goes places and has mystery elements which are keeping me interested. It's not the best anime ever, but it's fun and I enjoy it every week.

This episode was pretty exciting. Everyone complaining about the cliche villain but honestly he does exactly what he's meant to do, that is make you hate him. I like deep villains with more complex motivations too, but for some straight-up "make you hate his guts asap" energy, nothing beats a rapist.

6/10 right now. Verging on 7.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Dec 2016
Oniichan-Senpai said:

Magician is worst character. Being a super smart magician doesn't mean you get to fly around without any prep work, not to mention the scene from the past episodes where he removes his head to have it fly around by itself.

they could at least explain how he is doing it. is he using drones?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.83/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 26, 2019 6:00 PM

Nov 2009
Elf girl sure is sexy, it's no wonder why those Pigs are interested in her.

Tho we all know who's the one that's getting some of those Elfness.

___ ___ ___

Also, ppls should throw away "Logic"

Since the MCs are suppose to be of "Godly skilled", meaning "out of this world".

They're literally meant to be shown like they're gods, so of course what they do can not be fully explained.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 27, 2019 10:29 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was so intense :3
I'm loving this anime so far
Oct 27, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2017
Leo said:
They rescued Lyrule. I have to say, that lord is one ugly bastard.
that's what i said when i saw his face for the first time, it's an effective method to get the audience riot and hope for the quickest saving way, because ugly bastard is the most hated thing in anime(Except Doujins, Hentai i think? depends on who's watching..)
Oct 27, 2019 12:13 PM

Apr 2017
matias067 said:
That friggin' fatass is REVOLTING!
how the hell are they able to create such complex materials?!? was there a laboratory that survived inside that plane that crashed!?
4/5.
that's because of the skills of Ringo Oohoshi, she created the Lab in the cave you saw previously, and using her robot and some of her tool she got; she used the metallic materials to create everything she knows will be of use to her and her friends, such as (Cannon, Shovels, Hand Gun, Swords & Shields) got it?
Oct 27, 2019 4:43 PM

Nov 2017
This isn't as bad as I thought it might have been,but damn,that magician is really bloody annoying me for some reason.Mind you,I don't like him in the manga either
Oct 28, 2019 3:27 AM

Dec 2018
Rubber bullets... I hated the main guy from the first episode but he gets even more annoying. Self righteous asshole with rubber bullets is the worst type of fantasy protagonist. Especially when you make others kills dozens of people but the main guy just cannot get his hands dirty to stay "likeable".
Oct 28, 2019 2:36 PM

Nov 2009
blackhaulmike said:
Rubber bullets... I hated the main guy from the first episode but he gets even more annoying. Self righteous asshole with rubber bullets is the worst type of fantasy protagonist. Especially when you make others kills dozens of people but the main guy just cannot get his hands dirty to stay "likeable".

People get the feeling to dislike him is due to him being a politician and he acts exactly like it.

He look nice on the surface, but deep down he'll do anything to get the best result.

Such as how he instantly decides to sacrifice the girl in favor of avoiding a war. (which is technically true in iRL's world, many people are easily sacrificed for various reasons by the country/ government and no one really cares either unless the said sacrificed is a big shot/ famous person)

___ ___ ___

Lets use current events as example -

Industries around the world vs China's relationship.

The NBA manager incident, one word of anti-china freedom-of-speech, and he's out because NBA wants to keep their millions of USD investment in China.

The Apple App incident, Apple complies to China government in removal of APPs that helps Pro-HongKong in the fight against China, such as VPN to bypass China's great firewall and Police radio tracker. (which funnily Google add it as a default to their Map to track Police Speed Limit Tracking, same tech used in Radio tracker)

The Nike incident, this happened in conjunction with NBA incident, where all Nike stories in China removes any Rockets merchandise.

The Blizzard incident, banning a pro-championship Heartstone player cause he spoke out at the end of Tourny in pro-HongKong statement, and 2 Taiwan casters (which China also hates Taiwan cause Taiwan is Pro-Freedom and resists the China's "One-Country law"), even after Blizzard reduce the ban from 1 year to 6 month, they still take fire due to the aftermath and the casters are still not restored. Blizzard denies due to China's relationship for the Ban, but there's a official Message from Blizzard to China in Chinese saying they greatly regret the pro-player's action, this message was right before Blizzard first Ban the pro-player for 1 year.

___ ___ ___

Similar thing happening here, the main guy wanted to sacrifice the girl because he doesn't want a war against a country, but is stopped by the villagers and changes his mind.

Overall, the guy is still a good guy in favor of Freedom and Democracy. But his actions can still be taken in a bad way because of how he decides to go about doing said actions.
amlgOct 28, 2019 2:52 PM
Oct 28, 2019 3:15 PM

Dec 2018
amlg said:
blackhaulmike said:

People get the feeling to dislike him is due to him being a politician and he acts exactly like it.

He look nice on the surface, but deep down he'll do anything to get the best result.

Such as how he instantly decides to sacrifice the girl in favor of avoiding a war. (which is technically true in iRL's world, many people are easily sacrificed for various reasons by the country/ government and no one really cares either unless the said sacrificed is a big shot/ famous person)

___ ___ ___

Lets use current events as example -

Industries around the world vs China's relationship.

The NBA manager incident, one word of anti-china freedom-of-speech, and he's out because NBA wants to keep their millions of USD investment in China.

The Apple App incident, Apple complies to China government in removal of APPs that helps Pro-HongKong in the fight against China, such as VPN to bypass China's great firewall and Police radio tracker. (which funnily Google add it as a default to their Map to track Police Speed Limit Tracking, same tech used in Radio tracker)

The Nike incident, this happened in conjunction with NBA incident, where all Nike stories in China removes any Rockets merchandise.

The Blizzard incident, banning a pro-championship Heartstone player cause he spoke out at the end of Tourny in pro-HongKong statement, and 2 Taiwan casters (which China also hates Taiwan cause Taiwan is Pro-Freedom and resists the China's "One-Country law"), even after Blizzard reduce the ban from 1 year to 6 month, they still take fire due to the aftermath and the casters are still not restored. Blizzard denies due to China's relationship for the Ban, but there's a official Message from Blizzard to China in Chinese saying they greatly regret the pro-player's action, this message was right before Blizzard first Ban the pro-player for 1 year.

___ ___ ___

Similar thing happening here, the main guy wanted to sacrifice the girl because he doesn't want a war against a country, but is stopped by the villagers and changes his mind.

Overall, the guy is still a good guy in favor of Freedom and Democracy. But his actions can still be taken in a bad way because of how he decides to go about doing said actions.

No, if he sacrificed her or was an asshole because he`s a politician, he`d be a much better character. But he seems to be the same type as Remedios from Overlord or the protagonist from Death March. Annoying self-righteous asshole. Btw shady politicians like Lelouch are great characters, this guy is just Kirito 2.0 way worse (and I looove isekai anime). My criticism is that he`s too pure to be shady polititian. He`s too nice to be believable or interesting.
blackhaulmikeOct 28, 2019 3:19 PM
Oct 28, 2019 9:10 PM

Apr 2017
slavemaster_1991 said:
Well, if you DO want to compare it with JOJO - you are already missing the point of Jojo. Jojo is over the top for the sake of it, it just goes "it sounded badass so we added it in". If I will try to remember every cool power that heroes from Jojo used only once and forgot about it - it will take me a lot of time. Jojo is about style, action and self-proclaimed fun that watcher/reader accepts and laughs along. Here is completely another case: it is not satire, it is not a parody, it is a template product that uses every single easy cliche and adds nothing to make it interesting. While I don't expect Diavolo or any of his underlings to be a deep villain (but remember that they at least were criminals so being bad is kinda a "must have"), I do expect that at least SOME importaint characters in a non-comic anime will have some sort of character and not "he is basically bad and that's all".

So because Jojo is "parody" and "satire" to you, it's completely fine for having shallow villains? at least Araki fixed this in part 6 and 7. While you say it doesn't make it interesting, but it got into trending in broadcasts ranking though it maybe due to rape fetish Japanese fans have.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2019 1:43 AM

Dec 2017
Formidable-chan said:

So because Jojo is "parody" and "satire" to you, it's completely fine for having shallow villains?

Yes, different genres have different focuses. If you are trying to make a serious show - you need to take all parts of it seriously, without placeholders instead of actual characters. If you are making over the top style and fun above everything else - you can get away with some unrefined parts if it still looks cool and fun, it is more like bonus points if anime has covered non-critical parts, but it doesn't suffer that much if it uses some lazy templates. And I will still remind you that Jojo villains are all criminals who are evil by definition, but if you want to make a corrupt noble - you need to show how he is evil, and not comically evil "well he burns his own subjects cause they pay too much taxes and wants to rape an elf".
Formidable-chan said:

but it got into trending in broadcasts ranking

To be honest I will never understand how some shows manage to be top trending when they are completely worthless. It is like with arifureta, it was not just bad, it was horrible - and yet top streaming anime that gets S2. Don't want to play an elitis card, but it is the case of "flies attracted to feces".
Oct 29, 2019 7:09 AM

Jun 2017
Here they are now, I doubt that their lives here in this world will be quite anymore, what they did was an act of treason and war. Kudos to them though, those shields were awesome, that Ugly Bastard didn't die in the end. I wasn't expecting Tsukasa to actually finish him off though. Anyway, a good episode, I think I will finish this anime.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 29, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
Man, I have a weakness for the elf, I just love her design.

I didn't need that ugly bastard action tho. Ugh.
Oct 30, 2019 8:45 PM

Nov 2009
SkyLETV said:
Man, I have a weakness for the elf, I just love her design.
I didn't need that ugly bastard action tho. Ugh.

Thanks for the picture, saved for research purposes, totally not going to do what the ugly bastard did. nope. Trust me.

Kapp
Oct 30, 2019 9:11 PM

Jul 2014
amlg said:

Thanks for the picture, saved for research purposes, totally not going to do what the ugly bastard did. nope. Trust me.

Kapp

I mean, even if you want to, you can't :'(
Oct 31, 2019 4:44 AM

Feb 2015
Very good show with a good settlement instead of just an all out war and great compromise. It was a bit cheesy that they had such incredible weapons. But oh well, I guess it was a good episode.
"Miharu denki desu"
Oct 31, 2019 6:59 PM

Jul 2019
Actually starting to enjoy this show in a sort of guilty pleasure way. It feels like when you go back to the starting area of a game after having gotten stronger, it's just satisfying to watch. They're also not taking it very slow either with their introduction of modern inventions and ideas, and now they have a concrete goal: to kill the emperor (and apparently also a bigger meta-goal: to save the world?). Anyway it's fun for now, but I assume it will only last a season and stay as an incomplete anime story.
Nov 2, 2019 5:12 PM

Nov 2009
SkyLETV said:

I mean, even if you want to, you can't :'(

Why you gotta break my research? D;

Nov 5, 2019 8:27 PM

Nov 2008
I was bracing myself because this was a point for some people to drop the show (so I read) but while the assault scene is HORRIFIC....I liked everything else in the episode. :/

WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL HIM, TSUKASAAAAAAAAAAA

Elch using archery is cool...I think he's my favorite.

Lol @amlg...maybe they'll make one of those mousepads for ya. :p
ChiibiNov 5, 2019 8:35 PM

Nov 8, 2019 6:37 AM

Oct 2017
this episode is so ridiculous it is not even funny I mean a FUCKING RUBBER BULLET? come on, a guy who was trying to KILL YOU WITH A GUN, you shot him with a rubber bullet in return? I mean the plot is bullcrap anyway they the magician save all except lilulu tho...) actually can't save lilulu before it even happens more when the villager were all angry about it but then MC said lets sacrifice the girl and move on? what the actual fuck I thought someone said sth before (THEY DON"T NEED TO BE SERIOUS OR THEY MIGHT DESTROY THE WORLD in ep1 HMMMM) and then lilulu willingly to sacrifice herself to that ugly bastard tag typical isekai... I thought I was watching hentai for a moment... and then blablabla to the most triggering part I think I need went to give arifueta 10/10

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Nov 24, 2019 11:01 PM

Sep 2009
Man, I used to like girls being rescued before but after I've seen lots of anime shows, I hated it. Girls being kidnapped and then rescued.. blah blah! WEAK!
Dec 4, 2019 12:29 AM

Mar 2009
Bordering on hentai with certain tags and tropes. Elves always have the worst luck.
This really is isekai trash through and through.
Dec 4, 2019 10:50 AM
Jun 2012
Another anime with a good potential went bad with one extremely shallow character. People should've learn something from the first season SAO by now but it seems nothing changes in the industry.
Feb 5, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
Ah yes of course the evil lord is an ugly perverted bastard

Damn they really tricked me there with that gun

Mar 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Apr 2009
Yup basically they're cheating, rail guns, advance metallurgy, etc. I'm waiting till they manufacture rifles and cannons then we can have their super-paced Industrial Revolution... and also democratic revolution, then everyone will be equal (equally armed too!).

Wait, Lyrule can do magic too? I thought we just met the only known magic wielding hyuma right now, and Shinobu just danced around him then tazed him in the forehead! Or maybe that's the one who summoned them, the magical sigil-eyed one who possessed Lyrule?

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 21, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2010
i mean i get Aoi bein able toe fight, but suddenly villagers can go toe to toe with trained soldiers?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 15, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2018
He should have shot the fatass in the face with a real gun

Apr 19, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
SH is getting real new
May 6, 2022 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Tsukasa the politician is not only a martial arts expert, but also a master shooter. Makes sense...
Oct 10, 2022 1:37 PM
Nov 2021
honestly, this show is making me cringe a little too much. the elf girl was the only reason I've been watching it thus far.
Oct 25, 2022 5:47 PM
Oct 2022
dqwjkifbherkvfg
Dec 31, 2023 4:03 AM
Mar 2022
Seriously that idiot trying to negotiate, how the hell He was even selected as president. A weak person like that should never be allowed to be in a parliament. cause when danger comes they are the one run first.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

66 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

80 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 25, 9:42 PM

» Would there be a season 2?

Allxn - Dec 24, 2019

14 by YASS3R »»
Aug 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2019

93 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.