Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2019 4:07 PM
Nov 2017
In one of my classes, I was tasked with writing about what I believed to be a healthy relationship between two people (real or fake). I had to describe their interactions with each other and reflect on what I could do to improve my current relationships. I decided to write about these two because I truly felt that these two characters had a deep and wonderful relationship.

Here I will describe the healthy relationship between two characters in an anime I watched. Their names will be shortened to Aka and Fumi for convenience sake.

The following is a short introduction to the background of each of them

These two people were complete strangers until one tragic night where Fumi was hanging around the park late at night thinking about his monotonous life when he unexpectedly meets Aka sitting motionlessly on a swing. She was in complete distraught as her apartment had just burned down and she was unable to access any relatives for help. After telling Fumi of her situation she desperately asks Fumi to let her stay at his place for the night. Fumi feeling obliged, accepts her request and she follows him to his apartment. In a completely unexpected turn of events, Aka’s shattered hopes for the future give way to vulnerability and agrees to have sex with Fumi that night (No, this is not an adult show). The next morning Fumi wakes up to find Aka has already left and feels guilty for taking advantage of her vulnerable state. The two find each other again in the workplace, Fumi is an office worker for a voice talent agency and Aka happened to be one of the actors auditioning for a contract.

Here is where I will analyze their relationship

After Fumi realizes that Aka would have to stay in his apartment until she could generate enough income to support herself, he knows that it would be wrong to take advantage of her again for sex. This demonstrates his respect immense respect for Aka’s wellbeing. He also does not interact with her in the workplace environment, as he knows that this might be detrimental to her acting career. This shows how he allows for Aka to have her own time to grow and be independent. When Aka starts becoming famous as a voice actor, he knows that his relationship with her will hamper her ability to expand her career. So he determinately suggests that Aka leave his apartment to pursue a luxurious career as a voice actor despite his feelings for her. This portrays his genuine care for Aka and what he believes would be best for Aka’s life. Aka becomes visibly enraged when she hears Fumi suggest this and gets in to an argument with him. After a mutual friend brings the two together to talk again, she confesses her true feelings and says that she loves him and he reciprocates. This situation demonstrates how each of them care deeply for the other and try to look out for each other’s best interests. The main characteristics of this relationship that I would ensure are present in my relationships would be selflessness and willing to self-sacrifice as well as being honest and open-minded to what others may say.
I turn signatures off, you can too with this lnk
Jul 15, 2021 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
You definitely shouldn't be in a relationship as long as you think this anime depicts a healthy one.
Aug 28, 2021 10:30 AM
Apr 2016
The dude was pretty toxic. First, he took her in and exploited her sadness so that he could sleep with her. Second, he let her stay in exchange for her to act as his gf without even taking the steps, (e.i. confessing his love, dating, being honest with ones feelings). Third, he blamed his failures on Aka and even wanted to guilt trip her.
Aug 10, 2022 5:12 PM
Jun 2020
redge_fleming said:
The dude was pretty toxic. First, he took her in and exploited her sadness so that he could sleep with her. Second, he let her stay in exchange for her to act as his gf without even taking the steps, (e.i. confessing his love, dating, being honest with ones feelings). Third, he blamed his failures on Aka and even wanted to guilt trip her.

I was going to watch this one but I have learned to do reconnaissance before I watch, and I'm glad I didn't waste time. If what you say was true and he did something shady to sleep either her then he isn't much better then her. But she is indefinitely a slut. She says she loves him first and 5 chapters after the anime ends cheats on him and never tells him. Nope.

More topics from this board

Poll: » REC Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarkBlue - Feb 14, 2008

124 by bizor »»
Jan 13, 2023 11:18 PM

» Warning about the manga!

RobAma - Jul 17, 2020

6 by Saiaku27 »»
Sep 14, 2022 10:05 AM

Poll: » REC Episode 8 Discussion

De-JaY - Jan 27, 2009

28 by SouthRzVa »»
Nov 10, 2021 10:41 PM

Poll: » REC Episode 7 Discussion

De-JaY - Jan 26, 2009

27 by SouthRzVa »»
Nov 10, 2021 9:54 PM

Poll: » REC Episode 6 Discussion

De-JaY - Jan 26, 2009

22 by SouthRzVa »»
Nov 10, 2021 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.