Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 25, 2020 9:55 AM

Apr 2011
LOL at Seiya for pouring that holy water xD

Apr 13, 2020 8:31 AM

Jun 2011
First 2 episodes were funny, didn't even crack a smile for this episode. I am not sure which part I am supposed to be laughing at, the fact that Seiya is supposed to be super cautious? The fact that he literally didn't feel like a human and couldn't take a hint? The fact that he's forcing Cerceus to do things against his will for his own sake? The fact that yet again he destroyed another property and left people homeless, when it could've easily been avoided? Or the fact that he took money from family whose house was destroyed by the so-called hero, down to their very last penny? (previous episode) yeah he doesn't only have a dull personality but is not likeable either. His super cautious personality is not even a personality trait anymore, it feels shoehorned at this point.

Hopefully it gets better from here on.. I feel the same for this series as Konosuba, funny at first but eventually it got to a point where it's just trying way too hard.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 17, 2020 8:13 PM

Feb 2018
Undead with 10k soldier has come...
May 2, 2020 10:40 PM
Sep 2014
I wonder what would happen if he trains with Saitama.
Sep 27, 2020 2:29 PM

May 2015
LMFAO!!!!!! God I love that expression Seiya makes at the end looking at those two XDDDDD
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2020 1:59 PM

Nov 2018
Well Rista talking about Seiya Cautiousness to Ariadoa, until Rista change subject about G that Ariadoa have.

I pretty surprise that Ariadoa reaction to Seiya was pretty weird (I'm gonna talking about more in the end)

Oh poor Cerseus, from god of sword that looks really can handle Seiya training To Punching Bag for Seiya and make Cerseus hate then thrown out his own sword just because don't to training with Seiya anymore.

Well that priest actually undead and to destroy make sure he dead for good it cost a Church from that city to destroy. I cannot imagine what gonna happen after 10.000 undead soldier comes and Seiya tried to make sure dead as well.

That Seiya reject reaction about Mash and Eruru about their stats just pretty harsh and funny at same time.

Pretty Good episode this episode with Cerseus suffering scene and that Seiya reject reaction. But, still is have repetitive destroy scene make little irritating to wacth. Hope for some Character Development or Background next episode.

Speaking of character Background, I have a theory of Seiya Backstory based on reaction Ariadoa to Seiya coming and information from Ishtar about Cerseus actually from Human not God.
Here My theory :
1.Seiya is Ariadoa Previous Hero that failed to save planet from destruction.
When I see Ariadoa reaction is pretty weird because her reaction is unusual.
If is because he really Handsome and Hot, then why teapot must broken to floor because of that. That Reaction usually from friends / important people in their life they have not meet in long time.
If is because want to help Reina, then why he so eager to help with Cerseus training which one of toughest gods in there (Before that suffering Cerseus happen) with just meet Seiya in there and not knowing anything about him, except Reina tell about him. I think Ariadoa have deeper relathionship with Seiya that Seiya itself unknown about it.

2.Seiya is Actually Gods that got Reincarnated to Human before Reina did.
This Theory based on information from Ishtar about Cerseus actually not a God but from Reincarnated Human that still have Human trails in there. Then if from Human to Gods is possible then it can be reverse of it (from Gods to Human). I meant Seiya Character it looks not human usually have based on stamina and Cautios Thinking that maybe a gods trail from before Seiya still Gods that he still have.

Anyway I don't watch episode 4 yet and no reading the manga, so I don't know this theory can be right or not. Well let's see what next episode looks like.
Jan 4, 2021 11:28 PM

Jan 2017
His cautious nature helped him sniffed out the undead preist LMFAO, much better than the annoyingness of last ep
Feb 2, 2021 6:51 PM
Sep 2019
I really loved first 2 episodes, but this episode the guy was a psycho with that god.
Didn't like that part.
Feb 4, 2021 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Haven't laughed this hard at an anime in a while.

"Why is he just laying there sobbing?"
May 25, 2021 3:38 PM

Jul 2016
Poor Cerceus. Grown up man/god got bullied to the point of insanity by your standard op isekai protagonist.

CGI ED is quite awful, not gonna lie. Wonder if it's intentional given the parodic nature of the show...

And lastly, it seems G-Cup goddess knows MC. Tragic backstory incoming?
May 27, 2021 8:32 AM

May 2015
Seiya broke that man who was supposed to be training him... I hope, he gains some sort of repair-ability so he doesn't just constantly destroy towns whenever he gets into boss fights. His cautiousness is turning out to be a pretty good fit for this world he finds himself in, as his enemies are using some pretty high IQ tactics like infiltration and overwhelming him before he has a chance to grow strong. Although it does leave me wondering what happens when Seiya loses his reason to be cautious? He'd probably turn into a paranoid jerk real quick.
Jun 1, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2017
Seiya bullied a sword God, destroyed an undead and a Church and poured holy water on everyone like a boss. 10/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2021 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
Already episode 3 and Seiya is already bullying the god Cerceus as living punching bag to gain massive strength. Well its nice to have allies although a bit weak who can share the sentiment with Rista on our hero really having a lot of screws loose.

Sep 23, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
I knew he would not have a good reason to expose that priest, he's just cautious. And the church had to be destroyed as well, what else xD
Nov 16, 2021 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
Seiya really is just abusing everyone mentally and physically out of caution, poor Cercerus and his 'allies' too. Guy had no hesitation in obliterating that Church like that.
Nov 8, 2022 4:30 AM

Oct 2022
The series bold enough to ask: what if the person who's usually the protagonist is a massive douchebag, and the actual protagonist is tasked with getting him to do literally anything, just for the love of god anything, people are dying. Also trying, and failing, to contain collateral damage.
Nov 15, 2022 12:17 PM
Oct 2022
OMG! what the f**k was this crap. i mean seriously are their no limits to showing crap now. its infuriating to see this show.

i just feel like breaking this screen i am watching on right now.............
Dec 26, 2022 12:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another hilarious episode!!! The sword training hasn´t name!!! kekeke
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.