Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of training scenes as I had expected this episode. It didn't take long for Diane and King to get used to their new bodies. Kinda impressive honestly.

I think the most interesting part is seeing the past of some of the Ten Commandments, especially back when they were at war. It's also noticable to see Elizabeth's past.
Oct 23, 2019 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
The both need to face that enemy, but it seems like they have their ancestor's power, not just becoming them, so they are STRONG! They got most of the enemies defeated and some retreated because of angel's talk, w. more members in the group.

Their bodies remains sleeping and HiroC's character was calling FukuJun's character but no response.

Angel voiced by Ishida-san? He wants the enemies to be destroyed. Elizabeth wants everyone to be peaceful, but Angel by Ishida-san discriminates the enemies.

Oh, fairy king sub is sister of the ancestor... FukuJun's character sensing strong aura from that angel and the forest. An enemy sealed in the forest.

The enemy wants him and Meliodas back. Elizabeth angel talking seriously but Ishida-san Angel used that to get them off-guard. Angel power released to eliminate some enemies.

About HiroC's character this time. And the battle between angels and enemy group begins next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2019 4:12 AM
Aug 2019
why this show has become so fucking trash
fucking cheat magician is more entertaining than shit right now
it's literally unwatchable
well at least they showed supreme deity
Oct 23, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2018
Not a big fan of this arc to be honest but I'm still watching the anime just because of reasons...

Animation wasn't bad unlike the first episode. Ludociel and Nerobasta, the biggest jerks, are here. I can't really understand their purpose.
Oct 23, 2019 9:36 AM

Oct 2019
I'm enjoying this arc, the lore of Nanatsu no Taizai is very interesting and the war between the angels and the clan of demons feels very epic.
Smart move to put King and Diane in the bodies of Drole and Gloxinia, that way you can develope the past but still have more of the main characters in the story.
I hope they show more of the past of the commandments, that would make them more interesting and not simply the bad guys of the story.
Oct 23, 2019 11:51 AM
Jan 2019
Dammit, what a brutal ending!
Is this one of those stories where the good are the bad and the bad are the good? I am somewhat confused, but what I am sure of is that the Clan of the Goddesses, or at least, the 4 Archangels, are damn bastards in exterminating demons just because they believe they are inferior to them. I take Meliodas' words by saying "In a war there is no good or evil." This came on!
Rou, the one who supposedly looks like Ban, is the intro narrator, I think.
Oct 23, 2019 12:19 PM

Apr 2014
They skipped a lot of dialogue. What the blazing Pete.
Oct 23, 2019 12:25 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, this was pretty intense.

Looking forward to the fight between Commandments and Archangels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 23, 2019 12:28 PM

Sep 2018
Well this one it's good.
I keep moving forward
Oct 23, 2019 2:16 PM
May 2018
This episode felt fast paced like some parts were rushed or skipped from the manga.... and Rou looked much more like ban in the manga in the anime they dont look like each other
Oct 23, 2019 3:12 PM
Jun 2019
This episode wasn't completely trash unlike the previous 2.
This arc is becoming interesting.
I wanna be the doodle guy.
Oct 23, 2019 3:13 PM

Jun 2019
They skipped a lot of dialogue from the manga and the pacing doesn't help either. The animation, doesn't exist and I don't think it'll. Oh well. It's trash anyway.
Oct 23, 2019 3:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This arc is so shit, it was so boring, i'm seriously sad because S1 was really good but this one is awful
Oct 23, 2019 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
Akira Ishida for Ludociel was a pretty good choice. I can live with

Also, yeah, Rou didn't look much like Ban as he did in the manga.
Oct 23, 2019 4:11 PM
Jan 2019
Illyricus said:

Much like? There was no resemblance at all. I don't get how King could have mistaken Rou for Ban.

FancyjasperOct 25, 2019 2:22 AM
Oct 23, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
As typical for a series such as this, Studio Deen actually came this close as-is to the usual A-1 offerings, minus the art and animation of course.

Seeing both King and Diane as pre-Ten Commandments was somewhat weird, but for the advancement I can see why to having the current be stronger for the future.

Illyricus said:

+1. Both characters felt so different in appearance, although the tone is somewhat a bassier-toned Ban.

And damn this was intense. This is definitely where the trigger started the rift between the long-standing war in Season 2. Not too shabby.
Oct 23, 2019 9:52 PM

Oct 2015
For a deity, Ludociel is really cunning and drastically a smug faced bastard. I understand he wants to destroy all demons, but that was pretty harsh and cruel in going about it.

I was surprised that Gloxinia was Gerharde's brother, what odd siblings! Didn't think he had anyone close or anything.

I was more surprised when King said that guy looked like Ban, I was like, are you sick or something? The fuck is the resemblance, the eyes? Even the build wasn't the same, that guy was short and buff, and he had blonde hair. King must've smoked something there.
lihle808Oct 23, 2019 9:56 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 23, 2019 9:56 PM

Mar 2018
Did my stream lag or were the reactions when Ludociel killed them just a row of images? Ridiculous

Seems like King and Diane have trouble filling the role of Drole and Gloxiane. They don't really act the part

Ludociel and Nerobasta are such jerks smh
And now I know why Dendri was so eager to kill Elizabeth

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 24, 2019 12:18 AM
May 2019
What the fuck is meliodas doing?, cant he just fly to where ludociel is and stop him instead of running towards him in the forest?.isnt he supposed to be super strong in the past.
Oct 24, 2019 1:49 AM
Oct 2007
I actually enjoyed watching this episode compared to the first 2 despite being a very cliche arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2019 3:35 AM
Sep 2015
Ten Commandments were like very big deal in last season, but this season's power creep makes them look like toys compare to archangels
Oct 24, 2019 3:53 AM
Jul 2016
phantomfandom said:
Ten Commandments were like very big deal in last season, but this season's power creep makes them look like toys compare to archangels

Last season Monspeet told Derieri that she wad lucky that Nerobasta wasn't one of the four archangels. Implying that the archangels are equal or stronger than them
Oct 24, 2019 8:08 AM

May 2018
Can't wait to see fight between the arch angels and 10 commandment.
Oct 24, 2019 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
That went by fast and that archangel dude seems like an asshole
Oct 24, 2019 10:23 AM
Apr 2015
Mysterygirl_ said:
This episode felt fast paced like some parts were rushed or skipped from the manga.... and Rou looked much more like ban in the manga in the anime they dont look like each other

Don't compare with manga
Oct 24, 2019 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
It's interesting learning more about the war 3000 years ago and all, but what does this have to do with training King and Diane now?

Also, as everyone has said, that Rou guy looked nothing like Ban other than maybe the eyes (and I feel like even that is quite a stretch in the circumstances).
Oct 24, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
This flashback arc really is doing nothing for me, probably the lowest point in the series so far.
Oct 24, 2019 12:11 PM

Feb 2011
Crashmatt said:
This flashback arc really is doing nothing for me, probably the lowest point in the series so far.

Oh trust me, the worst is yet to come lmao
Oct 24, 2019 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
Character development and introduction to dead villains' [literally] dead relatives to insinuate motivation that was established last season is horrible writing.
It looks bad, the plot is horrible, why was this greenlit.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 24, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2016
it was so weird when King confuse Rou for Ban when they literally don't look alike at all

This season's art and animation is real garbage. So sad Studio Dean was given this show. They destroy everything they work on

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Oct 24, 2019 11:25 PM

Jul 2016
ziad1419 said:
Mysterygirl_ said:

Don't compare with manga

lol why not it says the source material is the manga, why wouldn't you compare

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Oct 25, 2019 12:09 AM

Apr 2018
Who knew that angels can be an asshole sometimes
Oct 25, 2019 12:24 AM

May 2019
Seeing Derieri's reaction was cool, although it was much better in the manga.

Next episode will be exciting

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 25, 2019 12:46 AM

May 2015
The lack of any competent direction is abysmal. Glad 3 episodes have passed so I can say I gave this a chance as a manga reader and drop this trash...

Oct 25, 2019 2:23 AM

May 2014
Nothing is really hitting me the way it did in the manga :/ Don't know if it's down to the directing or what, but the studio change has definitely affected something. It's still good stuff, just lacks the impact i would like.

It really stood out how Rou didn't look like Ban. Didn't see much resemblance compared to the manga.

Oct 25, 2019 2:43 AM
Aug 2018
That got interesting fast.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Oct 25, 2019 3:50 AM
Jun 2017
ohh im so excited for next weeks episode, it will be the 10 commandments vs the 4 archangels... ohh power vs power... yeah!!!

and just take a look at how arc killing those demons makes the demon clan so irritated...
Oct 25, 2019 6:03 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly, it might lack of action right now, but this come back to the past is really interesting. It brings a lot of information about both main and secondary characters, making easier the understanding of the whole story.
Oct 25, 2019 7:36 AM

Oct 2014
Better than first 2 but that's not saying much.
It's Morbin' Time!
Oct 25, 2019 1:09 PM

Dec 2014
Like the goddess clan or rather the ruler was pretty sick
Oct 25, 2019 2:08 PM

Nov 2014
This was so bad it was ridiculous. Hardly any animation in this “Anime” and just boring. I wanted to get to episode 5 at least but damn.

Such a crazy let down.
Oct 25, 2019 3:02 PM
Mar 2015
The archangels are really OP
Oct 25, 2019 8:22 PM
Oct 2019
This show is unbearable now. It went from a work of art to a damn Saturday morning cartoon for preschoolers. The new studio has no freaking idea or concept about the behavior of the characters. Hey in episode 1, when Ban pulled his heart out....DEMONS HAVE SEVEN HEARTS! The demon is fine because he still has six more hearts. Good job rushing the animation. Don’t get me started on the censorship. Oh, on the opening, Escanor’s sacred axe is backwards! Don’t believe me! Pause the opening when the seven deadly sins all come together near the end of the opening. Notice that the bastards drew Escanor’s sacred treasure wrong! Oh, I’ve noticed a crap ton of errors in this rushed season. Wow! Of course, don’t take my word for it....go through the manga yourselves. The first three episodes cover mid 197 to around 202, I believe. You can see the errors for yourselves. I love how they totally skipped an important event. I’m not mentioning nothing! They better not mess up The One versus Meliodas!!!
Rdgm2015Oct 25, 2019 8:30 PM
Oct 26, 2019 3:24 AM
Jul 2016
Rdgm2015 said:
This show is unbearable now. It went from a work of art to a damn Saturday morning cartoon for preschoolers. The new studio has no freaking idea or concept about the behavior of the characters. Hey in episode 1, when Ban pulled his heart out....DEMONS HAVE SEVEN HEARTS! The demon is fine because he still has six more hearts. Good job rushing the animation. Don’t get me started on the censorship. Oh, on the opening, Escanor’s sacred axe is backwards! Don’t believe me! Pause the opening when the seven deadly sins all come together near the end of the opening. Notice that the bastards drew Escanor’s sacred treasure wrong! Oh, I’ve noticed a crap ton of errors in this rushed season. Wow! Of course, don’t take my word for it....go through the manga yourselves. The first three episodes cover mid 197 to around 202, I believe. You can see the errors for yourselves. I love how they totally skipped an important event. I’m not mentioning nothing! They better not mess up The One versus Meliodas!!!

Btw only the commandments have 7 hearts.
Oct 26, 2019 9:49 AM

Oct 2018
this was rather an interesting episode. I don't know about the action scenes but it would be a decent animation with normal story.

I have two questions for you : 1) does it following manga?

2) why am I not feeling the story like previous season? why is it feel like the story is just bouncing ?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 26, 2019 11:41 AM

Sep 2018
If this event is happening 3000 years ago, then why are they wearing clothes from our current times? Although I don't think there's anyone who wants to wear, what Meliodas do.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 26, 2019 11:59 AM
Oct 2019
No, all the demons should have seven hearts. Remember, when Ban was just a human fighting the red demon in the fairy king’s forest. He used his ability to steal the heart of the red demon (which by the way) is the lowest ranking demon, then white rank demon, on up..... Anyway, Elaine shouted at Ban to warn him that all demons have SEVEN HEARTS! It’s the only demon organ that doesn’t regenerate. Yes, I’m a manga and anime nerd when it comes to the seven deadly sins! As Elaine shouted and Ban looked at her, he then looked back at the red demon and saw it was unfazed by taking the single heart. The red demon nearly killed Ban blah... everyone knows the story. This just proves the point VIVIDLY that even the LOWEST RANKING AND UP OF ALL DEMONS HAVE SEVEN HEARTS!!! I’m simply trying to be accurate.
Oct 26, 2019 1:56 PM
Jul 2016
Rdgm2015 said:
No, all the demons should have seven hearts. Remember, when Ban was just a human fighting the red demon in the fairy king’s forest. He used his ability to steal the heart of the red demon (which by the way) is the lowest ranking demon, then white rank demon, on up..... Anyway, Elaine shouted at Ban to warn him that all demons have SEVEN HEARTS! It’s the only demon organ that doesn’t regenerate. Yes, I’m a manga and anime nerd when it comes to the seven deadly sins! As Elaine shouted and Ban looked at her, he then looked back at the red demon and saw it was unfazed by taking the single heart. The red demon nearly killed Ban blah... everyone knows the story. This just proves the point VIVIDLY that even the LOWEST RANKING AND UP OF ALL DEMONS HAVE SEVEN HEARTS!!! I’m simply trying to be accurate.

Unlike humans, Demons have more than one heart. The number of hearts varies, although upper-level demons have seven hearts. The removal or destruction of a single heart does not incur death, although it is painful. Destroying all their hearts, regardless of their strength, will kill them.
Oct 26, 2019 10:59 PM

Oct 2017
They call themselves gods, such despicable scums. They should burn like the trash they are.
Oct 27, 2019 10:58 PM

Jul 2017
The animation is still garbage. I think I should expect this going into like every single episode from now on

At least the story is still intriguing

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.