Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 21, 7:16 PM
Hi, I usually don’t talk to people on this site, but I really need some recommendations and I don’t know where else to get them.

I recently finished both Higurashi (the original, didn’t like Kai), as well as Shiki, and I absolutely loved both of them. I’ve started to realize that I’m really into horror lately, and I’ve been looking for another anime to finish before the end of October. I’ll make a list of ones that I’ve already seen, and that I din’t want to watch at the bottom.

(In case you’re wondering, yes my list is decent as it is. If no one has any recommendations like Higurashi and Shiki then that is fine. I’m just looking for something to set the mood of this month. Thanks!)

Already Seen: Another, Promised Neverland
Not Interested: Tokyo Ghoul, School Live, Elfen Lied, Mirai Nikki, Monster. If Beserk counts, then hell no on that regard.

I don’t mind gore, but moreso in the examples I listed above. I don’t want harems, the generic, or extreme edginess (Mirai Nikki)

Thanks!

Modified by Decretum_558, Oct 21, 7:25 PM

Oct 21, 8:53 PM

Try Shinsekai Yori. You can also check Denpa-teki na Kanojo. Even though the latter is just a short OVA (2 episodes, 40 minues each) is actually pretty good.

Oct 21, 10:44 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Boogiepop wa Warawanai (both 2000 and 2019 version)
Cossette no Shouzou
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Mononoke
Neo Ranga
Petshop of Horrors
Shinsekai yori
Mermaid Forest (1991 OVA, 1993 OVA and the 2003 tv series)
Vampire Hunter D (2000)

Oct 22, 6:33 AM

"Bake Neko," the final arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its continuation, the series Mononoke.

Oct 22, 6:51 AM

Oct 22, 2:23 PM
ColdEvans said:
Try Shinsekai Yori. You can also check Denpa-teki na Kanojo. Even though the latter is just a short OVA (2 episodes, 40 minues each) is actually pretty good.

Thanks so much! I’d heard of the former before, and after it getting mentioned here twice, I’m almost definitely checking it out.

As for the OVAs, I’d never heard of them before until you mentioned them, and they look like they have so much promise. I honestly can’t wait to start them.

Thanks once again.

Oct 22, 5:06 PM

Zombieland saga. I mean, it's about zombies ;)