Forum Settings
Forums

If you had to sum up 2019 with one anime, what would it be and why?

Oct 21, 11:11 AM
Rasputin
Since every anime this year has almost been released, what would be an anime that would be a perfect sum up of this year?

If I had to give it to one show, it would probably be Demon Slayer or Rising of the Shield Hero.

Oct 21, 11:15 AM

Weird question to ask since you can’t sum up multiple genres and plots from multiple anime with one show. Seems more like a popularity thread than anything.

But what I can most certainly say is that if there was an answer to this question it would definitely not be Shield Hero.

Oct 21, 12:11 PM

Adventure was always pretty strong and Isekai, despite my expectations seems to go stronger then ever, and this year it seems to me that kemonomimi became more common with at least 2 or 3 series each season, my vote also goes to Shield Hero.

Oct 21, 12:20 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

Id say One Punch Man II and Demon Slayer since they reflect two sides of the same coin because it just proves a very vocal part of the community only care about animation and nothing else

Oct 21, 3:46 PM

Deknijff said:
Id say One Punch Man II and Demon Slayer since they reflect two sides of the same coin because it just proves a very vocal part of the community only care about animation and nothing else

I mean animation is what makes anime anime.

For OPM’s case, the animation was average and sloppy. Not only that, but the story felt sloppy and rushed a bit.

I think people should understand that animation may not be a huge role in other shows such as SoL that can pass even with above average animation, but when it comes to action shows they are a must and should be pretty good since that is where the show is based around.

Oct 21, 3:57 PM

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, I guess.

We got some serious (shitty) isekai spam shoved down our throats, this year.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.

Oct 21, 4:34 PM

Dororo I'd say that a classic from over a decade ago is perfect to describe the year and the ending of the 2010s. Showing how far anime has gotten, since the source material for this series first appeared.
Modified by zieek, Oct 21, 4:39 PM

Oct 21, 4:42 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

BlakexEkalb said:
Deknijff said:
For OPM’s case, the animation was average and sloppy. Not only that, but the story felt sloppy and rushed a bit.
I mean OPM is just a bad example of needing above average animation to work even honestly

Is a gag comedy a lot of the time. Who cares if season 1 has amazing fight animation when its just for a gag and series has at most like 2 actual good fights
There are countless action shows with not as good animation as OPM yet have actual good meaningful fights from my perspective so your comment doesn't do much for me honestly

Fail to see how the season was rushed too honestly when all in all if ignoring the animation part it was just as good as season 1
BlakexEkalb said:
I think people should understand that animation may not be a huge role in other shows such as SoL that can pass even with above average animation, but when it comes to action shows they are a must and should be pretty good since that is where the show is based around.
The fights aren't always what the show is based off even if its an action show. It can simply be a narrative tool to convey a certain feeling within the characters of which the series is about. It doesn't have to be amazing looking as long as it serves its plot or character importance now whatever that may be

Oct 21, 5:06 PM
There has been a lot of isekais this year along with some good anime so I agree with Shield Hero because it’s an isekai that (imo) has a good story

Oct 21, 5:16 PM

Really can't find an anime from 2019 which had it's moments but was mostly crap. Maybe Shiel Hero?

Oct 21, 5:23 PM

I would pick Dr Stone. Even if it's not my fav of the year, (kimetsu no yaiba is) idk, it felt revolutionary, to me at least.

Oct 22, 8:19 AM
Mob Psycho 100 2 and Dr.Stone.
Mostly because they are the highest quality anime this year imo.
Vinland Saga is also up there but the amazon exclusivity really screwed it over a bit.