Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 21, 8:20 AM
Hello! I have recently considered migrating to MAL from anilist to see how it is. I used a certain Python script to get an xml of my anime list. I imported it, but on my profile it's not showing. Now if I press anime list, everything shows up properly. But pressing on anime history, it's empty. The same applies for the account stats.
Is it a website problem, or is the xml problematic?

Oct 21, 10:33 AM

Stats get updated I think just twice a day or something like it. So wait for some hours and it get updated

Oct 21, 10:47 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Importing your list doesn't update the stats on the profile or the history. When the list import feature was added these parts were not implemented, probably because the import feature was not used a lot back then. And the history is only visible for the current week and the previous 3 weeks, so adding this wouldn't do much.

To update the stats on your profile you need to change something manually on your list (like adding a new show, increasing an episode count, deleting something). It might still take a while after that until it's updated, depending on how many users are currently updating their lists. But after 1-2 hours max you should see the stats on your profile :)

Oct 22, 6:46 AM
Luna said:
Importing your list doesn't update the stats on the profile or the history. When the list import feature was added these parts were not implemented, probably because the import feature was not used a lot back then. And the history is only visible for the current week and the previous 3 weeks, so adding this wouldn't do much.

To update the stats on your profile you need to change something manually on your list (like adding a new show, increasing an episode count, deleting something). It might still take a while after that until it's updated, depending on how many users are currently updating their lists. But after 1-2 hours max you should see the stats on your profile :)

I'll try doing that, thank you!

Oct 22, 6:56 AM
It worked! I thank both of you for the suggestions!