Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Seems there's a lot of people disappointed when comparing this to the source. I'm enjoying the anime so far, so I'm definitely gonna have to check out the original work at some point.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 22, 2019 2:11 PM
Jun 2010
We're disappointed that it remove the character development and world building from the LN/Manga, yes.

If you consider that the anime adaptations is going more for the KonoSuba vibe by rewriting it to focus more on comedy, the anime did a fine job and can stand alone.

I'm just disappointed with how they animated the fight. Well I'm not expecting Mad House level of combat animations, but I feel it is as lazy as Arifureta's combat animations. This is especially the case when you compare it to how the combat was written in the LN/WN.
Oct 22, 2019 2:31 PM

Apr 2018
A funny,cute and actionpacked anime. Im in love with it <3 Also the OP might be the cutest ever.

Oct 22, 2019 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
To everyone who is a fan of the LN/WN/manga, it's an ADAPTATION. Like gedit??? Even though we're SOOOO used to adaptations following the original source for safe footing, taking this unorthodox approach to making almost everything original material a.k.a butchering the source will upset fans. Just look at Assassin's Pride, and don't tell me this is different.

DuoraDoll said:
Seems there's a lot of people disappointed when comparing this to the source. I'm enjoying the anime so far, so I'm definitely gonna have to check out the original work at some point.

This post is a good example for anime-onlys, as is with discussions that encourage them (and myself) to read the original source material since the anime is doing a good job with a lot of loose change, albeit short-changing the original source. And so far it has been working well.

LazyLuong said:
We're disappointed that it remove the character development and world building from the LN/Manga, yes.

If you consider that the anime adaptations is going more for the KonoSuba vibe by rewriting it to focus more on comedy, the anime did a fine job and can stand alone.

I wanna say "Preach it!", but also the many red flags that could reappear at anytime that is worthy of many warnings/cautions.

Setting all that aside, Mile definitely needs to be aware of her isekai setting...from her past life as a chuunibyou.

HAHA the school principal requesting Mile's party to win the mock test/battle to defend their reputation. For the other girls and excluding Mile, this is their "chance of a lifetime". The reason why, hello, "evil" villain is back for more of her harem, and the EXACT SAME underlings are back too for "revenge".

And oh wow, under Mile's "6 months of training", the other 3 girls trounced them with no issues, literally burst out LMAOing at its insanity. For Mile herself though, the underling dashing for the exit gate was just TOO FUNNY to ignore. Instead, the boss herself comes to fight her once again, but lost in "spectacular" fashion.

HAH the "friendship bonds" and their flashy group, the Crimson Vow. Cliche but splendid. Mile got the Comiket feeling after all that fiasco.

The best episode of the 3 episode-count. Never thought I needed an Isekai of average abilities to spice my life. Great!
Oct 22, 2019 5:58 PM

Sep 2013
For how fast this show is moving, even cutting out the 6 months of school life that the show spent the 1st episode getting to, the fights really dragged on. The first 3 girls' fight weren't all that funny either, just showing off some development that they had off screen.
Oct 22, 2019 6:45 PM

Feb 2015
>and six months have passed

kek... you skipped the first arc altogether. And now you're skipping the beauty of Enrollment Arc or whatever you wanna call it... omegalul

Oct 22, 2019 9:07 PM

Jun 2017
I can’t tell if this is a parody or if it’s just that basic of an isekai
Oct 23, 2019 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
marathoned the 3 episodes and damn this is a good anime on its own. never read the LN/manga but nonetheless it was enjoyable on its own. they're going full konosuba with this and that's fine.

but comparing this with arifureta? cmon! I dropped arifureta manga not because it was bad but because it was an action manga first and foremost and thus I wanna watch it, not read it. so much that despite the trash CGI and skipped plot points (example is Hajime was bullied before isekai'd because he got Kaori's full attention with zero effort) I watched it to the end. the source material is that good. this one, while butchered according to LN readers, was butchered in a way that it became a different animal on its own. sure I'm gonna miss delicious plot points like why she's suddenly in hunter school but as far as the butchery goes, I think this is for the best. I'd say it's more comparable with Jintai.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 23, 2019 1:29 AM

Apr 2015
KANLen09 said:
To everyone who is a fan of the LN/WN/manga, it's an ADAPTATION. Like gedit??? Even though we're SOOOO used to adaptations following the original source for safe footing, taking this unorthodox approach to making almost everything original material a.k.a butchering the source will upset fans. Just look at Assassin's Pride, and don't tell me this is different.

assassin's pride is not a good example just so you know. I'm really on the edge of dropping it because of the stupid MC whiteknighting a Yue clone.

Also I'm sure nobody will disagree but it has to be said anyway: Mile best girl. I'd definitely give her a "normal life" that she wanted.
kidlat020Oct 23, 2019 1:42 AM

Oct 23, 2019 1:42 AM

Mar 2018
Swagernator said:
Can someone please throw a demon lord or two at them already ?

It's no use. They'll probably one-shot the demon lord with a combined skill or something and shrug it off.

Back on discussion, I could use a Mile nendoroid.

Oct 23, 2019 2:52 AM
Oct 2016
Renkini said:
Swagernator said:
Can someone please throw a demon lord or two at them already ?

It's no use. They'll probably one-shot the demon lord with a combined skill or something and shrug it off.

Back on discussion, I could use a Mile nendoroid.

The worst part about all of this would be that Mile would hate having their reputation INCREASE...
Oct 23, 2019 6:09 AM
Mar 2017
So watching this as a Kirara Show or moe show with elements of RPG and Isekai, instead of something different and new with a good combination of this two, been more like an Isekai inside of Kirara or an Isekai KiraFan, but taking a little serious, it's a really and really meh to ok show, not being good and bad either.

The major problem of this show, more specifically in this third episode, is the "RPG Fantasy" moments or scene, specially in the action scenes, where the scenes are boring and repetitive. Like, scenes used in the previous episodes with different characters, scenes with mediocre to bad animations and the annoying jokes killing the moments.
And like i said in the episode 2, the progression of the characteres in terms of level doesn't make sense, like they, a C Rank hunter, started hunting rabbits, then they hunt a huge Gollem and now the beat the B to A rank hunter. What? It's too early for them to fight against these opponents, because of the difference of level, of course that this happened with the Gollem, it's stupid.

And for the Kirara stuff, i've seen shows that are better than this Isekai Kirara or Isekai Moe in three seasons ago, like Wataten, Senko-san, Hitori Bocchi and Machikado Mazoku. This show is in the same level of Endro~!, just because of the mediocre to ok quallity.
Oct 23, 2019 8:22 AM
May 2019
I Just want to be average too
7 1/2 inches will certainly do
The end....
Oct 23, 2019 9:05 AM

Jun 2019
I am not came from LN or Manga Reader but I found it was still worth to watch. I always laugh as hell.

Hell yeah just like endro. No one get hurted even the battle session. I always like this concept.
Oct 23, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
So far, so good for me, the show is not average.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 23, 2019 8:31 PM
Oct 2016
H_M_Gamer666 said:
The major problem of this show, more specifically in this third episode, is the "RPG Fantasy" moments or scene, specially in the action scenes, where the scenes are boring and repetitive. Like, scenes used in the previous episodes with different characters, scenes with mediocre to bad animations and the annoying jokes killing the moments.
And like i said in the episode 2, the progression of the characteres in terms of level doesn't make sense, like they, a C Rank hunter, started hunting rabbits, then they hunt a huge Gollem and now the beat the B to A rank hunter. What? It's too early for them to fight against these opponents, because of the difference of level, of course that this happened with the Gollem, it's stupid.

Considering they're being taught by the equivalent of Zeref, I'm honestly not surprised.
Oct 23, 2019 9:25 PM
Mar 2017
ronelm2000 said:
H_M_Gamer666 said:

Considering they're being taught by the equivalent of Zeref, I'm honestly not surprised.

It's really inconsistent the progretion and the evolution of the characters in terms of level and rank.
Oct 23, 2019 9:44 PM
Mar 2017
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
>doent do it justice
>just complains about stuff YOU liked being cutt out
sasuga

and then you wonder why no one takes your complaint seriously

also yes, adaptations are NOT supposed to actually uyknow, adapt the work
if we go by this logic
ghost in the shell would be the worst anime ever

So, let's think about a different, interesting and new or innovative idea and concept used to a piece of work, exploring the maximum potential of the idea, and the adaption being something generic and mediocre show with the idea and concept of the work.
Like instead of getting a heavy and dark horror show about zombies, they get a bad mix of dark horror and light comedy about zombies.
Oct 23, 2019 11:12 PM
Sep 2018
Can someone clarify which anime were referenced during the "bedtime stories" part of the ep?
Oct 23, 2019 11:41 PM
Aug 2013
I'm seeing all these comments from LN readers while I'm here wondering what's wrong.
Maybe I'm naive and brush off things easily but, I've read the LN up to what has been officially translated in English so far and I'm also enjoying the anime a lot.
I think it's because I felt from watching the very first anime trailer and checking the staff to lower my expectations. I didn't think it would be a masterpiece by any means. I laugh at all the scenes where bad / repeated animation is obviously there.

I still agree with other readers that the LN is definitely better than the anime since it's been dumbed down. But I am basically giving the benefit of the doubt with the way they are approaching things with the anime adaption being way more fitting in the Cute-girls-doing-cute-things comedy genre.
swervin-strategyOct 23, 2019 11:47 PM
Oct 24, 2019 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
H_M_Gamer666 said:
So watching this as a Kirara Show or moe show with elements of RPG and Isekai, instead of something different and new with a good combination of this two, been more like an Isekai inside of Kirara or an Isekai KiraFan, but taking a little serious, it's a really and really meh to ok show, not being good and bad either.

And for the Kirara stuff, i've seen shows that are better than this Isekai Kirara or Isekai Moe in three seasons ago, like Wataten, Senko-san, Hitori Bocchi and Machikado Mazoku. This show is in the same level of Endro~!, just because of the mediocre to ok quallity.

This has nothing to do with Kirara which is just a bunch of magazines from Houbunsha. And many titles you mentioned aren't published on Kirara magazines like Hitoribocchi, Senko-san or Wataten but in completely different ones by completely different publishers.

Lastly, this is an adaptation of a light novel, so it couldn't have anything to do with Kirara.
Oct 25, 2019 4:32 AM
Mar 2017
caio_brb said:
H_M_Gamer666 said:

This has nothing to do with Kirara which is just a bunch of magazines from Houbunsha. And many titles you mentioned aren't published on Kirara magazines like Hitoribocchi, Senko-san or Wataten but in completely different ones by completely different publishers.

Lastly, this is an adaptation of a light novel, so it couldn't have anything to do with Kirara.

I said that in term of visuals, it's something that you would see in that magazine, but yeah, i know that.
Oct 26, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
_Ako_ said:
>and six months have passed

kek... you skipped the first arc altogether. And now you're skipping the beauty of Enrollment Arc or whatever you wanna call it... omegalul

Just noticed they completely cut out one classmate from the manga and LN, although tbf the manga also had a timeskip.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 26, 2019 3:57 PM

Nov 2009
In a way... Pauline is the strongest and scariest, lol.

The Power Ranger intro.... LUUUUUUL, no, make that omegaLUUULLLL

___ ___ ___

And yea.... they seem to be skipping a lot of things... (even tho I didn't read that much of the manga, but time skips usually tells me they're "skipping")

From ppls comments, I kinda feel like I am missing on a lot of developments...

This tells me this anime series is going to be just one season, AND is going to be a manga/ novel promo.

Similar to how some manga tends to rush at the end or sudden stop like they got cancelled but they aren't. They're basically novel promo mangas that makes it so it cliffhanger the plot so ppls will go read the novel. Same thing probably will happen to this anime, so they makes ppls go read their manga/ novels
amlgOct 26, 2019 4:04 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 27, 2019 1:44 AM

Apr 2015
soooo, I read the manga up to graduation point. and sad to say the anime is far better.

ln/manga has a more serious tone to it compared to the anime's lighthearted tone. that's mostly the long and short of it. now if you consider the title, the main lead being OP and all, it does beg the question "why so serious". no really. you are supposed to be goddamn OP, why are you acting like a damsel in distress? oh what's that, the adults would probably lock you somewhere and experiment on you? again, if you're so OP why are you scared? shouldn't it be the other way around?

the anime on the other hand, not only dissolves this issue completely, it does a good job of asking the point of the title itself. why are you asking to be normal? maybe you aren't fit to be normal. you always singlehandedly find yourself on situations that will never be considered as normal.

Oct 27, 2019 5:53 AM
Jan 2018
What's the name of the perverted B rank hunter? I dont think her name has been mentioned before.
Oct 28, 2019 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
kidlat020 said:
soooo, I read the manga up to graduation point. and sad to say the anime is far better.

That may be true, but I am sure most people would like a longer series than a short series that ends half way or with anime original ending. And then leave the rest to be read from either the manga or LN.

Plus, a lot of people wants development of a character over skipping time. It's the reason why any anime and manga with time skip is fawned upon regardless if it's for Story or Plot.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 29, 2019 5:57 PM

May 2017
I'm getting tired of seeing these complaints about the studio not adapting the novels properly. As an anime only, I'll say this:
Would I like to see the novel adapted properly? Yes.
Would I like to read the novels? Yes.
Do I hate this anime because it didn't adapt the novels properly? No.
Just because the anime doesn't adapt its source properly doesn't mean it's a bad show. It's all because of bias. So if the novels readers would remove their bias, this could be an enjoyable anime to some of them.
By the way, I know how it feels for a novel I love to be adapted terribly. (You do not make an entire novel volume one episode, JC Staff! I don't care how unimportant that volume appears on the surface!)
Oct 31, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2014
Again with the Dragonball references!

I wasnt expecting the last dude to straight up run away, but even less was I expecting that crimson vow thing. The comedic aspect is really nice here, imo.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 5, 2019 7:29 PM

Oct 2010
Damn, 6 months time skipped? I felt like we are missing a lot of information during that time frame.

Those opponents were shit lol, I was kind of hoping they’d at least bring better B-ranked characters. Those moves were stale and should’ve shown some improvement for 6 months...
Nov 9, 2019 6:45 PM

Mar 2018
funny and pretty cute but also rushed. Love how mile tries to get away before they dance and sing
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Nov 12, 2019 8:51 AM

Jul 2019
So the other members of the party have proved they can be independent from MC and have their own strengths. I'm kind of surprised they're already out of school, I figured the whole anime would take place here, but it's more of just a way to introduce the main characters together so they can form a party. I do really like the premise of this show and how things are unfolding.
Nov 13, 2019 12:42 AM
Dec 2016
I think this episode really cleared up the whole direction of the show and why Mile initially seemed so annoyingly out of place; she's supposed to be a nerd/parody/meta character. References like Chuunibyou, Sentai introduction, and conventions did get a chuckle out of me. She's not supposed to fit in, even despite the title and what she keeps saying. At the same time it does make me wonder how they're gonna fit all the serious stuff (like debating with the baddies) in with all the parody stuff, but I guess I'll keep watching and see.

Also like others have said, those fights were hilarious!
Nov 29, 2019 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
I laugh out a lot so many times in that mock battles. Bursted out laughing when Miles' opponent suddenly ran away.

This anime is cute and funny as the manga. Definitely on my watchlist.
Dec 31, 2019 10:34 PM

Aug 2018
This is cute and very good
Apr 14, 2020 12:57 AM

Jul 2015
Sad that they replaced this somewhat more serious part from the original source with this comedic one, well still enjoyable to see the four girls beat their asses with overpowering strength

Sep 22, 2020 6:10 PM

May 2015
LMAO!!!! God I love Pauline so much! She's so funny and scary. I love her evil expressions. She's definitely my best girl with Mile at second.

Just that scene of Pauline approaching that woman with that shaded face was hilarious to re-watch.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 2, 2021 2:15 AM

Feb 2020
6 months have passed, and the girls have become much stronger. They easily beat those B-rank hunters. Good job, girls! You saved the school from closure.

Best motive ever for a payback. :P

SerafosDec 10, 2023 11:48 AM
Nov 25, 2022 2:53 PM
Nov 2020
An Isekai anime cannot exist without the proverbial arena fight episode. Overall, it was okay and there was some humor thrown in there which was a nice change of pace.
Jan 11, 7:29 PM
Nov 2023
This story keeps getting better and the graduation is well worth watching. I won't say what happens so not to spoil any new fan. But I will say that the girls have depth of character and are very interesting on their own but together. They are amazing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

117 by Saxanka »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.