Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 21, 2019 5:57 AM
Oct 2019
I'm looking for things to watch. I would love to get some of your favorite recommedations so I can add to my to-watch list. I've not watched very much: Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sword Art Online, and am watching Is it wrong to pick up girls in dungeons right now - finishing up the first season.

I love fantasy type stuff, swords and sorcery, knights vs monsters, magic, goblins, etc. I'm not sure what other types of anime are out there or what I'd like to watch honest as i haven't watched very much. You don't have to limit it to fantasy if you think of one that's very good.
EryngiumOct 21, 2019 10:23 AM
Oct 21, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2017
Just saw Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
and Fairy Tail both are Fantasy and are 👍👍
Oct 21, 2019 9:32 AM

May 2016
You'll probably enjoy animes like
Overlord
Magi
The Seven Deadly Sins
Rage of Bahamut
Oct 21, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2012
The Seven Deadly Sins
Attack on titan
Magi
Claymore
Overlord
Goblin Slayer
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Youjo Senki (this one takes place in WW1 era so, not old age like other ones but still good)
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Arslan Senki
Akatsuki no Yona
Shoukoku no Altair
Re:Zero
Akame ga Kill!
Oct 21, 2019 11:07 AM
Oct 2019
Cool! Wrote all of these into a list and I'm going to read the descriptions tonight. Thanks!
Oct 21, 2019 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
Campione!
Claymore
Kaze no Stigma
Nanatsu no Taizai
Read Toriko!
Oct 21, 2019 11:27 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hello again!
You should find any anime you're interested in and put them as "Plan to Watch" (instead of Watching like you did with DanMachi) instead of having to write all the names down on paper. It saves some time and paper.

Anyway, aside from Magic Knight Rayearth, which I recommended you earlier, try these as well:
  • Cardcaptor Sakura - originally created by the original creators of Magic Knight Rayearth, this one is a bit similar to Pokémon where the main character captures a lot of fantasy creatures. this time it's magical cards! this one's also just a more wholesome watch.
  • Tsubasa Chronicle - another series created by the creators of Magic Knight Rayearth, and is probably a bit better fit for you. traveling through different worlds, lots of strange magic and sword fighting, stuff like that. haven't watched this, but the original manga is pretty good so i'll recommend it based off of that.
  • Spirited Away - a classic anime film made by Studio Ghibli that every anime fan should watch at least once. very japanese and has lots of strange spiritual creatures.
  • Castle in the Sky - another classic Ghibli title. very fantastical and adventure-y title.
Oct 21, 2019 4:26 PM
Oct 2019
Fario-P said:
Hello again!
You should find any anime you're interested in and put them as "Plan to Watch" (instead of Watching like you did with DanMachi) instead of having to write all the names down on paper. It saves some time and paper.

Anyway, aside from Magic Knight Rayearth, which I recommended you earlier, try these as well:
  • Cardcaptor Sakura - originally created by the original creators of Magic Knight Rayearth, this one is a bit similar to Pokémon where the main character captures a lot of fantasy creatures. this time it's magical cards! this one's also just a more wholesome watch.
  • Tsubasa Chronicle - another series created by the creators of Magic Knight Rayearth, and is probably a bit better fit for you. traveling through different worlds, lots of strange magic and sword fighting, stuff like that. haven't watched this, but the original manga is pretty good so i'll recommend it based off of that.
  • Spirited Away - a classic anime film made by Studio Ghibli that every anime fan should watch at least once. very japanese and has lots of strange spiritual creatures.
  • Castle in the Sky - another classic Ghibli title. very fantastical and adventure-y title.

Hey it worked! Lol you're right that was way easier. Spirited Away only has one episode?
Oct 21, 2019 4:28 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Eryngium said:
Fario-P said:
Hello again!

Hey it worked! Lol you're right that was way easier. Spirited Away only has one episode?

That's because Spirited Away is a movie.
Though I've heard 5cm is an anime movie with 3 parts and thus is listed as 3 eps...
look idk it's best not to question it, that's just how MAL works lol
Oct 21, 2019 4:30 PM
Oct 2019
Fario-P said:
Eryngium said:

That's because Spirited Away is a movie.
Though I've heard 5cm is an anime movie with 3 parts and thus is listed as 3 eps...
look idk it's best not to question it, that's just how MAL works lol

Lol no worries and thanks!

Well I think I added all except rezero. I couldn't locate it somehow.
EryngiumOct 21, 2019 4:36 PM
Oct 21, 2019 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Slayers is a classic.
Oct 21, 2019 10:08 PM

Aug 2019
Try the Jewelpet franchise (but don't watch Season 6).
Oct 22, 2019 7:14 AM
Feb 2014
Hi! I love fantasy too, so i can recommend you some good anime to watch, from your PTW, i highly recommend you these:

Akatsuki no Yona

Magic Knight Rayearth

Shoukoku no Altair

Tsubasa Chronicle

Other fantasy anime that i highly recommend:

Ao no Exorcist + the sequel Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon + the sequels R, S, SuperS and Sailor Stars

Brave 10

Bungou Stray Dogs + the sequels Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season, Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season, the OVA Bungou Stray Dogs: Hitori Ayumu(Watch before the third season.) and the movie Bungou Stray Dogs: Dead Apple(Watch only after finishing the second season!)

D.Gray-man + the sequel D.Gray-man Hallow

Digimon Adventure + the sequel Digimon Adventure 02 and Digimon Tamers

Donten ni Warau

Fruits Basket

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Fullmetal Alchemist + the remake Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood(Watch the 2003 version first as it fleshes out the characters and earlier chapters much better than the remake does!)

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Karneval

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu

Kobato.

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau

Matantei Loki Ragnarok

Naruto + the sequel Naruto Shippuden(Just make sure to skip the fillers!)

Noragami + the sequel Noragami Aragoto

Ojamajo Doremi + the sequels Sharp, Motto! and Dokkaan!

Puchi Puri Yuushi

Servamp

Shaman King

Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear

Sugar Sugar Rune

Tegamibachi + the sequel Tegamibachi Reverse

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru + the sequel Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru

Yes! Precure 5 + the sequel Yes! Precure 5 GoGo!

Zetsuen no Tempest
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Oct 22, 2019 5:01 PM
Oct 2019
Juuni Taisen, Hataraku Maou-sama!

More topics from this board

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
2 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 4 hours ago

0 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
4 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.