Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2019 6:24 PM
Oct 2019
I'm new to anime...sort of! I mean, I've watched Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. I watched this anime called Sword Art Online which was awesome and very different from what I've watched before and it made me want to dive more into anime to see what is there.

From Sword Art Online I moved on to Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon. I am almost done with the first season. I love fantasy rpgs, knights vs monsters, magic etc. It's all so fun. I hope there's much more of that genre out there as I learn more of it.

I wish it wasn't so confusing though. I have no clue what's out there, and some anime have more than one name or version. But I won't digress too much.

So anyways, as I said, I'm new, feel free to shorten my username to Eryn if easier. I am enjoying anime so far, and would love to speak with others too as long as there's no spoilery stuff. :)
EryngiumOct 20, 2019 6:50 PM
Oct 20, 2019 6:46 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Welcome to MyAnimeList!
If you want to see more of what anime has to offer, it's a good idea to check out the much older looking shows as well as new ones. Probably weird to say, but there are people who specifically avoid older anime (which is sad because there's obviously some great shows made all the way back then).

Another good way to find out about more anime is to go to the Database page for each anime that you're familiar with and checking out the "Recommendations" tab. This section will have other anime that other users say is pretty similar to the anime page that you're looking at.
For example, if you look at the "Recommendations" page for DanMachi (click here to see it), you can find many other anime that are similar to it, such as KonoSuba, Log Horizon, and of course, SAO.
That's how I usually learn about other anime, so maybe that tip should help you too!

Anyway, if you like anime that is RPG-esque and has magic, I suggest you watch Magic Knight Rayearth! The OP, animation, and magic are awesome.
Oct 20, 2019 6:52 PM
Oct 2019
Fario-P said:
Welcome to MyAnimeList!
If you want to see more of what anime has to offer, it's a good idea to check out the much older looking shows as well as new ones. Probably weird to say, but there are people who specifically avoid older anime (which is sad because there's obviously some great shows made all the way back then).

Another good way to find out about more anime is to go to the Database page for each anime that you're familiar with and checking out the "Recommendations" tab. This section will have other anime that other users say is pretty similar to the anime page that you're looking at.
For example, if you look at the "Recommendations" page for DanMachi (click here to see it), you can find many other anime that are similar to it, such as KonoSuba, Log Horizon, and of course, SAO.
That's how I usually learn about other anime, so maybe that tip should help you too!

Anyway, if you like anime that is RPG-esque and has magic, I suggest you watch Magic Knight Rayearth! The OP, animation, and magic are awesome.

Hiya! Thanks for pointing out those tips. That may make things much more simple to branch out to new anime.

Magic Knight Rayearth? I'll take a look at it. It sounds promising!
Oct 20, 2019 7:36 PM

Feb 2019
Hello! Welcome to the MAL community and its forums!
I recommend checking out Hai to gensou no grimgar. it's an isekai fantasy anime where the MC wakes up in an unknown world without memory of his previous life surrounded by other teenagers in similar circumstances. this Isekai Anime is a nice change of pace especially if you are tired of seeing OP MC & over the top fight another fantasy anime i'd recommend is Rage of Bahamut it's a series about Two bounty hunters who find themselves in the crossfire between gods and demons there is also, the sequel Virgin Soul which is set ten years later with a new main character.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 20, 2019 9:14 PM

Aug 2015
Welcome to the Forums !

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.
Feel free to add me~~

Oct 20, 2019 11:55 PM

Oct 2019
Have a good one here. I loved Pokemon and Yugioh
Oct 21, 2019 12:22 AM

Apr 2013
Hi eryn, welcome on mal and enjoy your stay !
Oct 21, 2019 3:13 AM

Aug 2018
Welcome to MAL and enjoy your stay here :)
Oct 21, 2019 5:48 AM
Oct 2019
Thanks everyone! :)

Here one day and already have a long to-watch list. I love it! lol
Oct 21, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2019
Hello and welcome to MAL! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions or want recommendations. :3
Life is a despicable endurance race
Oct 21, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
Hello Eryngium, nice to meet you and welcome to MAL

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

Feel free to add me if you wanna talk about Anime, games or whatever ^^
Oct 23, 2019 7:02 AM

Oct 2009
Welcome to MAL bro!!!

▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
Oct 23, 2019 3:07 PM
Apr 2019
Hey there enjoy your stay :D
Oct 24, 2019 2:24 AM
Haru Choi

Mar 2012
@Eryngium

Hello Eryn, Welcome to MAL!!

Ha ha have you watched Yugioh season 0, its a weird one. XD

ah, are you up to the current season of Sword art online?

I see, let me think here...try these ones:
Nanatsu no Taizai
Overlord
Black Clover
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
No Game No Life
DanMachi
Log Horizon
Accel World
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Fairy Tail
Re:Zero
Outbreak Company
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite
Seiken no Blacksmith
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
.hack//Sign (there are multiple .hack series, i recommend you watch them all if you like this one)

These should be they have the type of vibe your looking for. Sorry for the long list of recommended, just wanted to help ya a bit.

Oct 24, 2019 4:54 AM
Oct 2019
HaruChoi said:
@Eryngium

Hello Eryn, Welcome to MAL!!

Ha ha have you watched Yugioh season 0, its a weird one. XD

ah, are you up to the current season of Sword art online?

I see, let me think here...try these ones:
Nanatsu no Taizai
Overlord
Black Clover
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
No Game No Life
DanMachi
Log Horizon
Accel World
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Fairy Tail
Re:Zero
Outbreak Company
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite
Seiken no Blacksmith
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
.hack//Sign (there are multiple .hack series, i recommend you watch them all if you like this one)

These should be they have the type of vibe your looking for. Sorry for the long list of recommended, just wanted to help ya a bit.

Don't apologize, I love the recommendations.
Oct 26, 2019 6:03 AM
Haru Choi

Mar 2012
@Eryngium ha ha okay. just felt bad cause this isn't a recommendation forum, but i really wanted to help so.

Oct 27, 2019 11:40 AM

Jan 2019
Hiya Eryn! Welcome to MAL! :) I also watched Sword Art Online early on in my anime journey; it was the first one that really got me hooked! I think I watched the entire first season in two days! Haha Right after that was when Asuna became my first official waifu. ;)

If you’re looking for more fantasy anime I’d give That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime a try; it’s a newer anime that’s really popular and quickly became one of my new favorites. Also, The Rising of the Shield Hero is one you might enjoy. I noticed several people recommended Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and I definitely agree with them. I recently rewatched it; it’s a bit darker but still a great watch.

Feel free to hit me up if you wanna chat about anime (I’m always down for a discussion about Sword Art Online) and please enjoy your time on the forums! :)
Oct 27, 2019 12:25 PM
Oct 2019
RedVelvet930 said:
Hiya Eryn! Welcome to MAL! :) I also watched Sword Art Online early on in my anime journey; it was the first one that really got me hooked! I think I watched the entire first season in two days! Haha Right after that was when Asuna became my first official waifu. ;)

If you’re looking for more fantasy anime I’d give That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime a try; it’s a newer anime that’s really popular and quickly became one of my new favorites. Also, The Rising of the Shield Hero is one you might enjoy. I noticed several people recommended Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and I definitely agree with them. I recently rewatched it; it’s a bit darker but still a great watch.

Feel free to hit me up if you wanna chat about anime (I’m always down for a discussion about Sword Art Online) and please enjoy your time on the forums! :)

Omigosh I'm totally into Asuna. She kicks ass!

Since the recommendations kept mentioning Shield Hero, I finished DanMachi (still don't get why it's called that, but good anime nontheless) and started Shield Hero. I'm on episode 17 now. I really really hate that princess. GRRR

More topics from this board

» How's it going?

YokuYT - Yesterday

4 by YanYan »»
5 hours ago

» Hi.

DollzchanAi - Apr 17

8 by 6EyedBastard »»
Yesterday, 10:18 AM

» Hello Friends!

LargeTanuki - Apr 14

13 by omorashi »»
Apr 17, 1:25 AM

» Puppet Blood manga episode 4 is here.

Cvensart - Apr 13

3 by GinIonSui »»
Apr 16, 4:01 PM

» I Like Croissants

EzekielDark - Apr 13

9 by Cammell »»
Apr 16, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.