Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 21, 2019 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
2 episodes in and still nothing happening
Oct 21, 2019 7:11 PM

Feb 2019
Alice is best waifu. I been waiting so long to see these adapted and have not been disappointed at all. So glad SAO is getting the love it deserves this time.
Oct 22, 2019 12:06 AM

Oct 2011
FMmatron said:
Alice's Intregity Knight flex immediately shut everyone up xD

Lelouch0202 said:
The real world plot seems overly convoluted with all these terms being thrown around

I had to pause and replay some parts,which was honestly kinda annoying. Aside from that another solid episode.

Then don't read the novel, they go even more in-depth in the technicalities there. But as an IT person I really enjoyed the polish of all the plausible logic placed in Alicization. Like yes, this could all happen give and take 20-40 years

Oct 22, 2019 4:33 AM
Jan 2018
Varris said:
Not gonna lie, I hope Asuna doesn't get too involved in this season. The first part of Alicization was way better without her and Alice seems like a way more interesting character. I really hope they keepi with the soft reboot vibe from part 1.

What soft reboot vibe . And Asuna is going to be the 2nd MC along with Alice as far as I've seen in comments
Oct 22, 2019 4:35 AM
Jan 2018
Vooo said:
Yawn...very boring so far. Love the emasculation of the male characters of SAO!

its perfect for todays political agenda. Brilliant but boring AF. Might have been better with a creative way of empowering Alice over the generic level up based on her own enlightenment. (vomit)

Its just a coincidence and a wrong timing this arc was written before the political agenda bullshit happened
Oct 22, 2019 5:12 AM

Nov 2016
uzee said:
FMmatron said:
Alice's Intregity Knight flex immediately shut everyone up xD

I had to pause and replay some parts,which was honestly kinda annoying. Aside from that another solid episode.

Then don't read the novel, they go even more in-depth in the technicalities there. But as an IT person I really enjoyed the polish of all the plausible logic placed in Alicization. Like yes, this could all happen give and take 20-40 years

Aside from the fact that I'm not interested whatsoever. Being able to read on your own pace and having more context should make it more enjoyable to follow.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2019 6:48 AM

Jun 2017
An episode where we get to see Alice decimate an entire goblin horde, awesome!
Awesome fight scenes and speech from Alice. Ending is nice, Lisa!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 22, 2019 7:30 AM
Feb 2019
My comments for this episode is that. Look hey A-1 pictures Ufotable much yeah it fucking looks like the Fate Series and I didn't even knew Jean D'arc had an eye patch and likes people who're overpowered as fuck that didn't made any sense oh what's that She's not Jean D'arc? She's Alice? Are you fuckin kidding me? I thought sao is done on ripping off other animes you've already ripped berserk off and now Fate what is Alice going to be next The King of Knights? With her overpowered as fuck partner that won't make any sense The "REAL" Black swordsman Kirito?

Yeah despite all that I Love what's going on in this anime and I'm excited to the next episode and thankful to A-1 who Is finally making progress to SAO without The Game SAO in it...... Oh right How did kirito get that "BLACK SWORDSMAN" costume in episode 21 cuz it kind of didn't made any sens--------

Legit this not a Satirical review I'm not going to be sarcastic but it's hard to believe that SAO is finally decent Yes you've heard me it's Decent (Don't forget that this is SAO and just like the 1 season maybe 2 to 5 episodes were great and the remaining eps will be shit and will have a lots and lots of mathafakin Ass pulls) can't wait for episode 3
Oct 22, 2019 7:33 AM
Feb 2019
Superns18 said:
Alice is best waifu. I been waiting so long to see these adapted and have not been disappointed at all. So glad SAO is getting the love it deserves this time.

Mmmm Yesss Never knew that Jean D'arc was going to be the better than Asuna
Oct 22, 2019 7:35 AM
Feb 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Ever heard of world building? Or story building?
Oct 22, 2019 7:36 AM
Feb 2019
KANLen09 said:
Goblin attack. Colour me surprised.

When the village head doubted her, as is with Episode 1, Alice stood tall and unfazed, saving Ruild Village (and somehow gaining back the eye she lost to Administrator) and eliminating raids. First half was wholesome.

Second half back on the Ocean Turtle was mostly follow-up of the events of Episode 24 after Kirito lost consciousness. But knowing that he lived in there for quite sometime as his real self was a shocker indeed. How would they outride this, I really wanna know.

ED ís crazily good and soothing, another LiSA banger.

Is it just me or the ed sounded like the ed in Fate UBW Ep 12 ed
Oct 22, 2019 7:39 AM
Feb 2019
Ryouri said:
as much as I love Gabriel's backstory, it would be just strange to put it in the second half of the episode, so I understand their decision to cut it out

i just hope they put it in next epi or smth

the whole alice "awakening" part of volume 15 is pretty boring to me, but in the anime they actually got through it pretty fast, so thats a bonus

now we get to the good shit

about the real world parts: yeah, it doesn't makes sense and it never will

its sao, guys, remember that.

I have a question when did Alice's right eye was cured I knew that kirito healed it but he said that it wasn't fully healed right it didn't made any goddamn sense wtf?

And yeah it's SAO and it never will

But we can't change the fact that it's getting decent right? Maybe for 2-5 episodes
Oct 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Apr 2018
Villagers in games are so retarded lmaoo. Things in the real world is getting worse
Oct 22, 2019 10:58 AM
May 2019
Alice is back and she is ready to kick some ass.
I loved Asuna in this episode can't wait for the next one.
Oct 22, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
Kurogamikyosuke said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Ever heard of world building? Or story building?

I sure have. It'd be nice if we got some of that sometime soon.
Oct 22, 2019 5:33 PM

Aug 2018
i'm sure the story will turn into shit at some point (probably close to the end, because sao), but animation and sound are pretty good.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 22, 2019 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
guizo- said:
i'm sure the story will turn into shit at some point (probably close to the end, because sao), but animation and sound are pretty good.
believe me, nope.

Oct 22, 2019 7:41 PM
Mar 2017
Well ... Alice is back in action for the sake of saving Selka from the goblins. I was glad that Alice put on her armor again to eliminate the enemy, as always the Ost of when Alice fights sounds incredibly epic, I am still amazed at her enhancement weaponry, so beautiful, elegant and deadly.
Too bad Alice left the village, poor Selka who had finally reunited with her sister now must say goodbye.

We finally returned to the real world and continued with the last season's cliffhanger. Asuna is scary when it comes to the safety of her beloved Kirito, I came to think that she would hit Kikuoka. Anyway, as they explained the ocean turtle is in serious trouble, they want to steal the A.L.I.C.E and have isolated people.
Now Asuna is against time because if they steal the A.L.I.C.E it will be in the hands of the enemy and Kirito could be lost forever.

I felt the episode very short, but it looked spectacular.
Alice wearing her armor was beautiful, especially when she removes the blindfold from her eye and halves that group of goblins was epic. The visuals of the ED are finally available, Alice looks so beautiful, but her melancholy face made me sad, even so this more that final image of Asuna looking at the other virtual immersion unit made it clear to me that Kirito hangs the sword this season and the prominence will be taken by Alice and Asuna and most importantly ... Protect Alice at all costs.
Oct 23, 2019 5:14 AM
Jan 2018
Kurogamikyosuke said:
Ryouri said:
as much as I love Gabriel's backstory, it would be just strange to put it in the second half of the episode, so I understand their decision to cut it out

i just hope they put it in next epi or smth

the whole alice "awakening" part of volume 15 is pretty boring to me, but in the anime they actually got through it pretty fast, so thats a bonus

now we get to the good shit

about the real world parts: yeah, it doesn't makes sense and it never will

its sao, guys, remember that.

I have a question when did Alice's right eye was cured I knew that kirito healed it but he said that it wasn't fully healed right it didn't made any goddamn sense wtf?

And yeah it's SAO and it never will

But we can't change the fact that it's getting decent right? Maybe for 2-5 episodes

How can kirto heal it when he's out of it , Alice would have healed her own eye as she has the art
Mattinator95Oct 23, 2019 5:19 AM
Oct 23, 2019 8:25 PM
Oct 2017
I think I rewatched that one scene of Alice being badass at least 5 times. God this episode was amazing; stunning visuals and soundtrack. This season has got me so hyped, love how Alice is the main focus and I'm looking forward to more character development <3

Also, like everyone else said, the ending was freaking amazing. Beautiful visuals along with LiSA's emotional voice made this ending instantly one of my top favorites. Been listening to it on repeat, it's great.
Oct 25, 2019 2:43 AM

Feb 2019
Kurogamikyosuke said:
Superns18 said:

Mmmm Yesss Never knew that Jean D'arc was going to be the better than Asuna

yessir, welcome to the club
Oct 28, 2019 6:00 AM

May 2018
And then the war starts at both sides. Good that they explained what really happen to Kirito, and looking at this episode Asuna will most likely dive to the Underworld.

Oct 30, 2019 1:58 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Alice saved everyone. Also, nice character development there.

It seems that in the real world, the bad guys want to steal Alice.

Blond guy is hot.
NurguburuOct 30, 2019 2:02 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 4, 2019 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
Was kinda hoping Alice would keep her eyepatch longer but it's good to see her back into action.
Dec 22, 2019 11:42 PM

Sep 2011
ED reminds me of something that would be in Inuyasha. Amazing.
Apr 11, 2020 6:08 PM

Mar 2010
Alice was soo fucking awesome, I was trembling, damn she is one Hot babe.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 11, 2020 11:58 PM

Dec 2013
Unlimited blade (budget) works feels during the Alice attack scene! very gorgeous!
Jun 2, 2020 1:57 AM

Mar 2019
Alice destroyed the goblins,
Kirito has to extract Alice, he cant even move xD
Jul 2, 2020 4:52 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Asuna be gazing at the Fluctlight machine next to Kirito, maybe she'll jump in to try and reach him, but wait, wouldn't she lose her memories of the real world, making all of that obsolete? Kirito's case was an exception due to that shot injection, she might just screw everything up.
Aug 7, 2020 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
The plot is already way more interesting than the previous season. Finally some consequences and threats for the real world as well.
The bad guys really are the ones from that GGO scene as I saw during the final episode. I wonder who they are. I hope it's not just more Laughing Coffin members. Had enough of those already. It sure is convenient that they can't access each other from the separate control rooms and that only the panel inside the virtual world works.
Where there really no guards or security cams and such in such a place that they got through all of it? Did someone let them in? I remember some shady guys in one of the IRL parts of the previous season.
So Kirito needs some triggers to be back? All the more implication that Asuna will have to dive in as well. I can't wait.
Oct 2, 2020 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
That village didn't deserve Alice's help at all.
Oct 4, 2020 1:51 AM
Jul 2016
Perfect reveal!!
Alice is my best girl, don't care what anyone says.

A bit annoyed by her father, but I can see his reasons.

Yautja said:
Lmao, Kirito's brain literally got turned off by a power outage. Dude's breakers tripped.

Better, but the antagonists, like that annoying fat fuck, always, always feel so cheap. Like a caricature, not unlike some redneck hating on black people or gays.

Can't say I'm surprised Kirito is being shoe-horned into the hero role again, and everything is going to occur in the underworld.

SAO is again starting pretty well, but I can't help but doubt it'll last.

Haha yeah I got some expectation now but I don't know if I could...
Oct 8, 2020 10:05 AM

Aug 2020
I stg I nearly forgot about Asuna, I'm glad she is part of the anime again. And omgggg she's about to enter the Underworld finally!!!!!!!!!
Dec 9, 2021 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
Cool action scenes with epic music in this episode, liked it. Wonder when Kirito will awaken though.
Jan 3, 2022 9:47 PM

Feb 2012
Alice went through one of the most pointless story arcs I've ever seen, and I'm so glad that its done and the story can move forward. She is a weak character who can't hold down the show on her own. This episode shows just how much a better character Asuna is and how much a shame it is that she has been out of the story for so long.

Another thing that gets me about this episode is that it is validating the extreme actions that Admin took. Admin believed she would have to turn 40,000 people into autonomous death swords to actually win the war. The villagers complete inability to actually fight goblins that Alice could defeat without breaking a sweat shows how little military value a regular person in the Underworld can provide. Considering there are only 80,000 people to begin with, the Underworld could only field an army of a few thousand without completely destroying society in the process, and most of those people won't be worth much of anything.
Aug 26, 2022 11:15 AM
Feb 2019
i guess not bad not good at all
Nov 13, 2022 7:29 AM

Mar 2019
Ok I feel much better now, knowing what happened. As for the Underworld, I'm still not sure why Alice hasn't told Selka what happened.

Asuna was kind of annoying in this episode. First of all, her raising Kikuoka from the ground was just dumb because of how impossible it is. Then her warning was not exactly well-put. Kirito was basically dead, Kikuoka just had the only way of trying to save him. Now it is his fault for getting Kirito in GGO and not catching the murderer faster, but I don't know if that's what Asuna meant and the way she talked makes me to believe otherwise.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 25, 2022 9:19 PM

May 2022
Alice's grand entrance to the village and the moment when she revealed that she was an Integrity Knight was amazing, you go Alice! Fighting to protect not only her family, but the Human Empire, just like what Kirito and Eugeo wanted to do. Apparently, Kirito lost his self-image when the power was cut, losing all purpose and emotion and being in a blank, lifeless state. Hopefully Kirito will be able to recover somehow, poor Asuna is worried for him and wants to dive into the Underworld to help him :( The bad guys that invaded the turtle probably want their hands on the technology, but guess I'll have to wait and see. 5/5 great episode.
Jan 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Nov 2010
Alice's special attack looked cool and nicely animated.
Angry Asuna is badass. She almost lifted Kiku with one hand.
Nice ED featuring Alice.
May 2, 2023 2:15 AM
Jan 2017
Alice revealing her identity was so satisfying
Jul 10, 2023 5:06 AM

Sep 2018
A lot of complicated technobabble for the entire 2nd half of the episode, but I am enjoying the addition of real life and it's consequences.
Dec 16, 2023 6:16 PM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn that knight armor looks cool
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.