Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 19, 2019 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
@Dab1za9

ye i heard from sakuga experts on anitwitter and even read the sakugablog about it that the production schedule of this anime is good although sakugablog and anitwitter also did say the same thing about Fire Force but im not feeling the animation quality of that one after episode 1 even though it also have a lot of sakuga but not as impressive as this new Fate show so far

and about Trigger fair enough thats why i add the word "like" there since im not absolutely sure

@Daniel_Naumov

im not gonna judge this show yet after just 3 episodes and nah i do not believe in the 3 episode rule although there are lots of dialogues/info dumps that really feels like you need to know the source material of this and that is you have to be a player of its mobile game

Oct 19, 2019 2:11 PM
Apr 2016
deg said:
@Dab1za9

ye i heard from sakuga experts on anitwitter and even read the sakugablog about it that the production schedule of this anime is good although sakugablog and anitwitter also did say the same thing about Fire Force but im not feeling the animation quality of that one after episode 1 even though it also have a lot of sakuga but not as impressive as this new Fate show so far

and about Trigger fair enough thats why i add the word "like" there since im not absolutely sure

@Daniel_Naumov

im not gonna judge this show yet after just 3 episodes and nah i do not believe in the 3 episode rule although there are lots of dialogues/info dumps that really feels like you need to know the source material of this and that is you have to be a player of its mobile game

I mean overall it looks less than original Fates. This one looks more like it is meant for mass consumer, without much depth but with pictures and colours to make the average viewer feel invested. I don't know, maybe I am just beyond all this mundane stuff.
Re:formed
Oct 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
deg said:
@Dab1za9

@Daniel_Naumov

I mean overall it looks less than original Fates. This one looks more like it is meant for mass consumer, without much depth but with pictures and colours to make the average viewer feel invested. I don't know, maybe I am just beyond all this mundane stuff.

well intended for mass consumer is how they want this really lol to attract more new players of their mobile game anyway
Oct 19, 2019 2:16 PM

Jul 2016
oh man i freaked at the ending. i can't wait to see more of Mother and the other goddesses *o*

I was wondering a lot about how they were gonna deal with the slice of life section of Babylonia, but it was really nice to see that montage about all the stuff they did.

Overall, this episode was so nice. Starting off with that awesome Gil to Ishtar fights. they always manage to do a spot on job with it and Ishtar's fighting style never ceases to amaze me. she's much better of a fighter than i imagined from the game. and then afterwards with the little party in the embassy. ahhhhh i was so happy to see my Ushi <3 and everyone there was so cute too and there was so much Ana adorableness going on here. loved every second of it and based on the post-credit scenes, i'm even more excited with what's to come :]
Oct 19, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2016
I think they've adapted this well so far, especially with the fight scenes being much more animated (literally) than they are in the game. My only complaints so far are that Fujimaru and Mash are boring MCs, which is made worse in the anime because Fujimaru is no longer a self-insert, but I guess there's not really a way to work around this for the anime producers. Also I think they missed an opportunity to show more of Anna in the flower shop.

What's the difference?
Oct 19, 2019 3:45 PM

May 2015
It's actually illegal for Ana to be this cute! Petty much a given that this shows quality is going to be consistent for the remainder of its runtime(although the CG hair at the end didn't look particularly good). After 3 episodes, I think it's also fair to say this is going to be a solid adaptation of Babylonia, so I'm just here to enjoy the ride now.

Oct 19, 2019 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Gilgamesh in all his glory! Animation was great, Mash and Ana put up quite a show but they are no match for Gilgamesh. Even Rin- I mean, Ishtar joins the fun and is one of the 3 goddesses, the Tsundere is strong within this one, as you would expect with Rin's face XD

I swear Ana is so adorable!
Oct 19, 2019 4:21 PM
Jul 2015
Great episode. The character moments were amazing.
But the fucking sound design of the battles were atrocious. Clipping loud noises, with weird high pitched sounds, that overpower and drag down all other sounds. The chain wrapping around the pillar is the best example of what is wrong with the sound design. It's really off putting to me, which is sad, because I love everything else.
Oct 19, 2019 4:22 PM
Mar 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode again, this is just too awesome. This might be the best Fate/ anime so far.

Fight sequences are crazy awesome.

More Ishtar is always good, can't wait to see more of her. <3
I loved the scene where she got intimidated and went full tsun and I think her fight sequences are the best ones so far.

Montage with life in Uruk was nice.
This episode made me like Ushiwakamaru a lot more and now I feel bad for never using her in the game. XD
Ana is just too precious.

The last scene before the ED with Ritsuka talking about how he wanted to save the people and ending with Ana smiling was wonderful.

Post credit scene with them reveals.

As someone who has played the game up to where it is now, not a single story in Fate/GO even compares to Fate/Zero. Even if they manage to animate every episode perfectly, the story just isn’t as good as Fate/Zero and that’s fine
Oct 19, 2019 4:27 PM
Oct 2018
Its funny to see gil good in cqc against mash & anna as wise king while when he still at prime, he not even close with artoria.

Overall nice eps. I just hope clover will shows tomoe & another servant that summoned by gill in next eps even just as filler.
Oct 19, 2019 4:31 PM

Jul 2014
Ushiwakamaru is lovely, i always wanted to see her animated and know she's there, ty cloverworks.
Oct 19, 2019 4:43 PM
Jan 2017
Ritsuka and Mash's adventure continues as our heroes form an uneasy alliance with Gilgamesh in an attempt to secure the Holy Grail. One big battle aside, this episode was actually fairly calm and peaceful and focused more on character interactions. It's nice to see the heroes take some time to relax without having to worry about the fate of the world, and there are some funny moments with other Servants during the dinner scene. Scenes like those go along way in getting viewers to care about the characters. One of the authors working for the Warhammer 40000 saga said that there is more than war in the 41st century, there was also real people too, and I think that principle can apply to the Fate. You need to find a way to get your viewers to sympathize with the heroes and their struggles. You can't just have one big epic battle after the other. Context matters. All in all, this episode was amazing and I think Fate/Grand Order is shaping up to be the MVP of the season.
Oct 19, 2019 5:24 PM

Sep 2016
nerfx said:
Now that's the Gil we all know.

Not really. He's a good guy after all, here. Otherwise he wouldn't have allowed them to stay to help.

Any other Gil in the franchise isn't really a good guy with anyone.

nerfx said:
wonder why she decided to stop fighting though.

Half of the reason is in what she did exactly before stopping.
The other half of the reason is a spoiler that will be revealed a little later.

bruh
Oct 19, 2019 5:30 PM

Feb 2017
I feel so blessed, finally me dear ushi animated <3
one of my favourite servants :D
Drunk leonidas & laughing gil were great xd
Oct 19, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2017
deg said:
it will be great if they can keep up this level of animation quality but usually after the first 4-6 episodes TV anime gets some animation quality drop due to tightening production schedule

Lets hope they can keep up ... or at least keep the BEST fights to this level.
Oct 19, 2019 5:42 PM

Jul 2015
Ah, this is fun. This is a lot of fun, I'm really enjoying these character's and their interactions this episode. Plus the animation is really good here, makes the fight scenes an absolute treat to watch. Hope they can keep up this quality.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 19, 2019 6:22 PM
Jun 2017
we have the lighter side of story where mash and the master are just having some works in the uruk. i just remember in the game where i am just clicking the box since there is no fights on that part...

and we have ishtar coming from the roof top of ziggarut... and that King Gil's laugh is hahahaha...

then we have the cute Fou's yawning... ohh how adorable fou is...

and next episode, we will see Gorgon? ohh and based from that clip i can say her design will be a great one..
Oct 19, 2019 7:32 PM
Oct 2019
Silbeh said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode again, this is just too awesome. This might be the best Fate/ anime so far.

Fight sequences are crazy awesome.

More Ishtar is always good, can't wait to see more of her. <3
I loved the scene where she got intimidated and went full tsun and I think her fight sequences are the best ones so far.

Montage with life in Uruk was nice.
This episode made me like Ushiwakamaru a lot more and now I feel bad for never using her in the game. XD
Ana is just too precious.

The last scene before the ED with Ritsuka talking about how he wanted to save the people and ending with Ana smiling was wonderful.

Post credit scene with them reveals.

As someone who has played the game up to where it is now, not a single story in Fate/GO even compares to Fate/Zero. Even if they manage to animate every episode perfectly, the story just isn’t as good as Fate/Zero and that’s fine

Are you talking about NA or JP progress? As someone who played up to Part 2 Chapter 4, to me it blows Fate/Zero out of the water.

And the rest of Part 2 is only going to get better as we've been building up to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also @others

Daniel_Naumov said:

FGO definitely has more depth than other fate series considering the Part 2 story line. Unfortunately I actually agree that the Babylonia chapter is probably the one that has the least depth out of all the good chapters in FGO. It's definitely an epic chapter, but it isn't really much of a story oriented one. Keep an eye on it though, as this chapter is also one that starts pretty slow and can be kind of boring in the first half. This kind of sentiment is somewhat normal.
NeilcsOct 19, 2019 7:44 PM
Oct 19, 2019 7:34 PM
Jun 2014
that Ishtar foreshadowing Siduri using white flag..

Overall I love this adaptation so far. Animation, sounds, etc. was really great.

This is just calm before the storm later on :)
Oct 19, 2019 8:14 PM

Feb 2018
Ana smile scene is priceless.

Oct 19, 2019 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
This adaptation has been faithful and well animated thus far.

I really can see the effort into making it good.

GOSH THE OST is amazing!!! I need the ost release date!!

Gilgamesh laugh is too infectious. FUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS:
G_AkerOct 19, 2019 9:30 PM
Oct 19, 2019 8:59 PM

Oct 2015
This made me angry when they didn't get to kick Gilgamesh's smug face, shit, I hate the smug jerk.

The after credits scene got me curious too, looked and sounded very optimistic.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 19, 2019 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
lihle808 said:
This made me angry when they didn't get to kick Gilgamesh's smug face, shit, I hate the smug jerk.

FUAHAHAHAHAHHAHA and they will never get to do it. Relax zasshu, Gilgamesh will teach you a lesson on why his best boi later on.
Oct 19, 2019 9:26 PM
Oct 2019

G_Aker said:
lihle808 said:

FUAHAHAHAHAHHAHA and they will never get to do it. Relax zasshu, Gilgamesh will teach you a lesson on why his best boi later on.

Can you stop doing these soft spoilers. It's very annoying.
Edit: Ty for editing atleast.
NeilcsOct 19, 2019 9:32 PM
Oct 19, 2019 9:28 PM

Apr 2013
Oh sorry I didn't realize that it still spoilerish. Some of you guys dont seem to realize Gilgamesh is listed as MAIN CHARACTER on the show's details though.
Oct 19, 2019 9:36 PM
Jan 2015
Tbf its not really spoilers if you can easily deduce that Gil is not the antagonist from these first 3 episodes alone and is instead a protagonist. Like what @G_Aker said he's listed as a main character on the shows profile.
My Queens

Oct 19, 2019 9:45 PM
Jan 2015
FullyCharged said:
Well there's CCC Gil and by end game he's not really different from Babylon Gil. Also not the bad guy in either Extella, Strange Fake, and if you want to count prillya.
My Queens

Oct 19, 2019 9:56 PM
Feb 2016
Good episode. Sad we won’t be hearing some of the funny dialogues especially keeping up with the chaldeans. Can’t wait for some
Oct 19, 2019 9:59 PM

Sep 2016
Neilcs said:
Are you talking about NA or JP progress? As someone who played up to Part 2 Chapter 4, to me it blows Fate/Zero out of the water.

Classic anime-only people that only watched Zero and UBW, starting with Zero, and maybe then they play FGO.
Don't mind them too much, they're missing out on everything.

leondincht said:
that Ishtar foreshadowing Siduri using white flag..

And yet nobody explained to her what it meant, meanies :(

-Mahesvara said:
FullyCharged said:
Well there's CCC Gil and by end game he's not really different from Babylon Gil. Also not the bad guy in either Extella, Strange Fake, and if you want to count prillya.

Oh sorry, with "Good" I don't mean "for the good", "for justice" or "Chaotic Good aligned", I mean: not an asshole from start to end to everyone, master included.

I wouldn't count Prillya as, well, he clearly doesn't have his own adult memories, I wouldn't consider him a normal proper servant of Gilgamesh.

In Babylonia's case he's just a wise king with too much work to do and no time to waste. He behaves like a king, instead of shoving that he's a king in your face.

Edit: Saw the preview pictures for the next episode, and noticed a certain hoodie that will make a lot of anime-only people argue =D
FullyChargedOct 22, 2019 4:58 AM
bruh
Oct 19, 2019 10:44 PM
Jul 2007
The fight sequences are amazing :O
Oct 19, 2019 11:30 PM

Jul 2016
Ishtar, your Rin side is showing xD

Another nice episode. I'm glad to see the animation during the fights remains as outstanding as always. Not to mention also that I really liked how well the "slice of life" aspect of the episode was handled. It was a quite nice balance overall if you ask me.

That after-credits scene tho... Literally can't wait for angry snake mama now!
Oct 19, 2019 11:45 PM
Sep 2018
merlin did the katsuragi thing
Oct 20, 2019 12:28 AM

Oct 2008
actions scenes are lesser this time...
Ana savouring that pie...was so precious!

Oct 20, 2019 12:33 AM

Sep 2014
FullyCharged said:
nerfx said:
Now that's the Gil we all know.

Not really. He's a good guy after all, here. Otherwise he wouldn't have allowed them to stay to help.

Well at least a fraction of the Gil we know lol
Oct 20, 2019 4:37 AM

Feb 2015
Silbeh said:

go shitpost somewhere else,zero is not even better than FSN or popular in japan and most chapters in GO are better than Zero

Play2X said:
Gosh, having Gilgamesh in a show makes it 17 times better by default. That laugh was hillarious. Just seeing him laugh is enough to kinda get me in his head. Gil is probably one of the best characters in all of Anime. Merlin is also a big troll, and Ana and Mash are adorable. And heck, even Rin is fun, even though I hate the Ishtar/Rin thing.

lol calling a gilgamesh who is typical generic Villain(not here at least), sexist, a big rapist and mass murderer "one of the best charaters in all of anime"
Oct 20, 2019 4:50 AM

May 2018
Aure0lin said:
deg said:
damn that sakuga battle scenes are delicious and wow the other servants are here

so Gilgamesh already have the Holy Grail eh why dont he just make a wish for the death of all those 3 evil goddesses (but im gonna be sad if Ishtar died though so maybe just wish for their godly powers to be remove and make them normal humans)
he was purposefully omitting some facts to make himself look better

also the holy grail has never ever been the "omnipotent wish granter" it's been advertised as. it has always been just a huge mana storage to be used by people to do energy-intensive but possible things. the one in fate/stay night and zero is unique because it's got a demon living inside it

dammit angra mainyu
Oct 20, 2019 5:33 AM
Apr 2013
xShigarakix said:
Silbeh said:

go shitpost somewhere else,zero is not even better than FSN or popular in japan and most chapters in GO are better than Zero

Play2X said:
Gosh, having Gilgamesh in a show makes it 17 times better by default. That laugh was hillarious. Just seeing him laugh is enough to kinda get me in his head. Gil is probably one of the best characters in all of Anime. Merlin is also a big troll, and Ana and Mash are adorable. And heck, even Rin is fun, even though I hate the Ishtar/Rin thing.

lol calling a gilgamesh who is typical generic Villain(not here at least), sexist, a big rapist and mass murderer "one of the best charaters in all of anime"

If YOU think so, SJW-san...
Oct 20, 2019 5:50 AM

Aug 2009
Play2X said:
xShigarakix said:

If YOU think so, SJW-san...

This is the most braindead reply in history of replies, maybe ever.
Oct 20, 2019 6:33 AM

Sep 2007
Didn't expect much of this so i am not disappointed but still. Thought Ishtar was cosplaying Rin or Rin was her reincarnation but it seems they is a good reason for this.
Leonidas without bear/mustache and red hair, epic fail lol .
I will pretend Ushiwakamaru is suppose to be a joke even if we are immune to this concept since Saber.

Basically to much Fate kill Fate. Still need Heaven's Feel 3 obviously ^^.
Oct 20, 2019 6:55 AM
Oct 2019
xShigarakix said:
Silbeh said:

Play2X said:

i. Stay night IS and has always been better than zero. Anyone with a brain knows that. I was with you untll there
2. Not sure about go having better chapters than zero
3.Take that braindead sjw bullshit somewhere else and I ban you from giving such poor character assessments on any anime character from henceforth.
4. I love how fate anime "discussions" always derail into everything other than discussing the actual anime. I know this is mal and like 99% of everyone here is incapable of srpassing a goldfish's attention span but god lol (not just you...everyone)
Oct 20, 2019 6:56 AM

May 2016
This studio never fails to amaze me again and again with their fights.

Quite an episode we had here, looking forward to that huge snake.
Oct 20, 2019 7:15 AM

Aug 2009
Nvnscr said:

3.Take that braindead sjw bullshit somewhere else and I ban you from giving such poor character assessments on any anime character from henceforth.

What is wrong with calling Gil what he is?

The problem is the typical villain part.

Oct 20, 2019 8:32 AM
Jul 2019
I don't get it, why did Istar stopped at the very last moment when she's about to smash scythe girl?????
Oct 20, 2019 8:40 AM
Aug 2017
That's it, I'm grailing Ana.
Oct 20, 2019 8:56 AM

May 2012
Why this is rated much higher than Fate/Apocrypha ??

I love all fate anime (including this one), but Fate/Apocrypha is clearly superior to this (so far).
Oct 20, 2019 9:01 AM

Aug 2009
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
I don't get it, why did Istar stopped at the very last moment when she's about to smash scythe girl?????

Maybe because she recognized Ana or something about her.

This isnt hard....

thepath said:

I love all fate anime (including this one), but Fate/Apocrypha is clearly superior to this (so far).

Because Apocrypha is mediocre at best even inits source material and reader/players have voted accordingly.

Oct 20, 2019 9:03 AM

May 2012
ssjokg said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

This isnt hard....

thepath said:

Because Apocrypha is mediocre at best even inits source material and reader/players have voted accordingly.

Why it is medicocre ?? It has like one of the best fights I have seen with good OST. Story is also better than this one

Don't care about source material because I don't read it. I judge it as standalone anime.
Oct 20, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
thepath said:
ssjokg said:

This isnt hard....

Why it is medicocre ?? It has like one of the best fights I have seen with good OST. Story is also better than this one

Don't care about source material because I don't read it. I judge it as standalone anime.

Congratulations.

You compared a full 25 ep anime to just 3 maybe 4 eps of another anime.

You compared a series's full story to one that hasnt even reached the 2nd act.

That fight is a mess that just happens to have fluid animation.Designs are shit, choreography is nonexistent since it is a STRONG BEAM fest and SFX is an ear rape, and is one asspull after the other for the MC.

Unless is you are talking about Rider of Red vs Archer of Black.But that fights is better,from what we have seen in Babylonia, only because it matters and has some character depth.

Oct 20, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 2015
ssjokg said:
Nvnscr said:

Well tbf, the sexist label isnt accurate either. Gil looks down on almost everyone regardless of gender.
My Queens

Oct 20, 2019 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
-Mahesvara said:
ssjokg said:

Well tbf, the sexist label isnt accurate either. Gil looks down on almost everyone regardless of gender.

Well yeah but women and kids first.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.